Sony Press Conference Discussion

Posted by Axis

Here in about 2 hours Sony will be the first to have their press conference. Tonight it is expected that Sony will show their online plans, their new controller, and additional PS3 infos...as well as the CG movies! Kidding....maybe. But yeah, I really hope that we see real games this time around, though. One trailer tonight that they will show Assassin's Creed is CG for sure because it's already up at Gamestop.

Anyways, post your thoughts about Sony's show (when it comes time) and talk about what you would like to see tonight.

For me I would like to see more on MGS4, Resistance, Motorstorm, new controller, and their online services. The next few days will definitely be a huge factor on whether or not I will buy one at launch. I don't expect them to give out a release date or price, though.

(P.S.: Sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

Posted by Big Boss

I'd like to see the controller.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'd like to not see Powerpoint slides.

And MGS4.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I wonder if their stage will be half-finished and melt when they turn the electricity on.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Prince Shondronai: I wonder if their stage will be half-finished and melt when they turn the electricity on.

Prince Shondronai: Official VGC Comedian?

I want to rep you again.

:(

Posted by brownoystercult

Online will be free.

Posted by Axis

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html

Link for those who want to watch.

Posted by Hyper

This is torture.

"Stay Tuned"

uuuugh. it's LATE.

then again, it is Sony after all.

Posted by Axis

According to IGN and Gamespot, the show is off to a late start, their still filing in people. Patience.

Ok: Just got these images from IGN. This is what MotorStorm currently looks like. But first I'll post up the CGI screen from last year.

E3 2005

E3 2006

Posted by Axis

It's now up and running. I can hear the music playing.

Posted by keyartist

Is there a live internet broadcast that we can watch?

Posted by Axis

You might want to catch onto a little thing we call 'reading'! It really helps!!

Posted by Speedfreak

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#545454][COLOR=palegreen]I have a friend watching the conference, he's quoting me every peice of crap they come out with.[/COLOR]

[/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]PS2 MADE ONLINE NETWORKING GAMING!!![/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][COLOR=#545454]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]SONY MADE THE INDUSTRY[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][COLOR=#545454]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]PSP CAME OUT AT RIGHT TIME TO OWN THE MARKET[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][COLOR=#545454]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]UNRIVALED PORTABLE GAMING DEVICE[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][COLOR=#545454]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]FUNCTIONS AS A PORTABLE MUSIC, VIDEO DEVICE WITH POPULAR UMD FORMAT SUPPORT[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][COLOR=#545454]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]PSP FASTEST SELLING PLATFORM[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][COLOR=#545454]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]SHIPPED 17 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE (only sold ??)[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][COLOR=#545454]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]NO SIGN OF SLOWING DOWN![/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][COLOR=#545454]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]PSP SOFTWARE SALES 15 MILLION[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]

Honestly, who the hell are they kidding with this crap?[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][COLOR=#545454]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Posted by s0ul

Quoting keyartist: Is there a live internet broadcast that we can watch?

Jesus Christ, the thread isn't even a page long.

Posted by Axis

So far....POWERPOINT SLIDES FOR THE WIN!!!

Quoting Speedfreak: [SIZE=2][COLOR=palegreen][FONT=Tahoma]FUNCTIONS AS A PORTABLE MUSIC, VIDEO DEVICE WITH POPULAR UMD FORMAT SUPPORT[/SIZE][/FONT][/color]

I only hope that blu-ray DVDs will be as popular as the umd format.

Posted by nich

Apparently the PS3 rivals the power of super computers. This conference is slooow.

Posted by Axis

Right now they're showing Grand Turismo HD...but he's not even playing it. It doesn't look very impressive either.

Posted by Speedfreak

My reaction after about 15 minutes:

AdTheLad998: okay f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck this s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it
AdTheLad998: this company couldnt entertain toddlers with balloons

Then I turned it off.

GT5 is pretty and all, but they just don't have a clue how to hold an audience. Watch the Nintendo conference tomorrow, we'll be whooping and yelling over a logo.

Posted by Axis

They've talked about online plans. Mention everything that's in Xbox Live silver and are offering it for free. Never mentioned online gameplay, though.

Posted by nich

Did anyone see that card game? That was actually pretty neat.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Speedfreak: My reaction after about 15 minutes:

AdTheLad998: okay f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck this s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it
AdTheLad998: this company couldnt entertain toddlers with balloons

Then I turned it off.

GT5 is pretty and all, but they just don't have a clue how to hold an audience. Watch the Nintendo conference tomorrow, we'll be whooping and yelling over a logo.

Amen.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Yeah, online seems to be emulating Live. However, it's a good template for online play, and one that I can see Nintendo copying also.

And yeah - the card game with Eye Toy has been the only really stimulating thing so far, aside from Heavenly Sword's gameplay.

EDIT: Also, NEW SONIC FOOTAGE.

EDIT: Did anyone catch that F-Zero ripoff game in that video montage? The video feed crapped out on me, but before it did, I definitely saw the line 'where drivers risk their lives'...

Posted by Axis

My feed broke off. Oh well, it had been an extremely underwhelming conference.

It's back up now. They've got some UCAP footage of Tiger Woods which is awful when demoed the way he's doing, but would probably work in-game.

EDIT: FF XIII looks quite impressive.

Posted by Big Boss

OMG the MGS4 trailer...

EDIT: Welcome back, Dual Shock. :*

OMG MGS4... :(:(:(

Seppuku!

I have a horrible feeling that this controller demo is going to be motion-sensitive.

EDIT: "This controller has six degrees of motion sensitivity with no external attachment required."

Posted by Axis

They stole what Nintendo had! Who would've guessed!!

Posted by nich

OH MY ***! They seriously did it!

The worst thing is that they've used the words 'innovation' and 'intuitive' twice in the last two minutes.

I guess it gives us an idea of what to expect from Wii, though. Gameplay video looks **** good.

Posted by Axis

499$ for 20 GB Version
599$ for 60 GB Version

Launches November 11th in Japan. Launches November 17th in US.

Posted by Big Boss

LOL!, and it plays pretty good from the looks of it. We'll never hear the end of it from Nintendo fanboys.

Wooo, save up $600!

Posted by nich

Nintendos worst nightmare has officially come true. I'm speechless. I just told my uber Sony fan aqnd his response was, "Well, who copied who?"

Posted by s0ul

And here I was calling people retarded and blowing blood vessels in anger at people's misconceptions. The connection between that ad and the motion sensitivity is still bull****.

I'm not even a fanboy and I'm ****ed. :-\

Europe gets the shaft again. $499 does not equal €499.

2 million at launch, with 4 million by the end of the year? No way. There will be 'shortages'.

What will be interesting is how non-Nintendo people react. Whether those who shunned the FreeHand before will praise Sony for being so innovative. It's already happening, in fact, in this very thread.

Posted by nich

Now people who have no knowledge of the Wii will think Sony did it first, oh lord.

Posted by Axis

Final impressions of conference = CRAP

Didn't like it at all.

Picture of new controller?

Posted by s0ul

Wait a sec, why am I the only one angry about this?

New controller.

Oh, and I'm angry. But I could see it coming. It's actually quite funny.

I can see myself in my mind's eye. I was watching Kutaragi talk about '4D space' and all that, and in my head there's a commentary going 'oh crap, it's motion sensitivity. is it motion sensitivity? they wouldn't, surely? oh shit, it is motion sensitivity! is it?! yes, it is! bastards!'

Heh.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting nich: Now people who have no knowledge of the Wii will think Sony did it first, oh lord.

It's safe to say Nintendo did it first, but shouldn't the Sony motion-feature play like crap? I mean, they couldn't have done the same job in less than a year when it took Nintendo, well... however long it took Nintendo.

At least the outer design of the controller is still DS. That's all I was expecting, so I'll enjoy MGS4 like all MGS titles are and should be played.

Controller looks **** sexy. Even if it's the same.

Quoting Big Boss]Um, eh?

I'm just happy the Dual Shock design is back. I don't think it would be hard to remember ages ago when I said the DS is the best, most ergonomic controller ever made. I've said it a lot, and I was scared of the batarang.

But now I don't have to worry about it!

I guess you can't understand the happiness...

No, I understand what you're saying. But Harrison basically said 'the motion sensitivity with the same design that has won over so many people' - exactly what you just said, but from a consumer's point of view. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but meh.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Holy hell that conference was awful. The only things that stood out was the MGS4 trailer and ZOMG PS3MOTE. ****ing hilarious, you've GOT to love Sony. They have big, stupid balls.

The thing I liked the MOST was the Eye Toy card game. That was awesome.

NINTY FANBOYS, ALL OF YOU. CEPT FOR THE OBVIOUS ONES!11

So where does that put me? :P

Quoted post: The thing I liked the MOST was the Eye Toy card game. That was awesome.

Oh yeah, that was pretty nifty. I'd definitely buy it if ends up being halfway decent. I never had problems with card games, and so I don't know. It seems really fun and different.

I can guarantee that I'll have access to all this Sony stuff without having to pay. Also, development kits. So whoo.

I hate you.

*grin*

You see? I'm sponsored by Sony, and I think that what they're doing is disgusting.

For more on how sony copied Nintendo so well in such a short amount of time, check out this article:

http://www.planetgamecube.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=11428

Also, several of my compatriots on the GameFAQs reportedly noticed inconsistencies between the "player" and what was happening on-screen, suggesting that, once again, sony recorded a movie and passed it off as a working demo.

They have time to improve it if they cared to. But really, I don't see THAT many companies taking full advantage of it.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Vampiro: They have time to improve it if they cared to. But really, I don't see THAT many companies taking full advantage of it.

Exactly. Sony just wants to put out there, for the non-gamer, that they also have a motion sensitive controller, so Nintendo doesn't look so innovative to the casual eye. Basically, it steals some of Nintendo's thunder to the people that don't read game mags or sites when they're looking at both consoles at a Wal-Mart.

I won't say anything on the actual quality of the motion sensor because I don't know anything about it, but I'm not buying a PS3 because of it since the likely reason Sony made it in the first place was just to rain on Nintendo's party.

I suppose you're right (Vampiro, that is. bb is never right about anything). Who's going to want to play the Star Wars lightsaber dueling game with a dual shock controller rather than an ergonomic one-handed design?

Posted by Hyper

The lightsaber was meant to be used with two hands, actually. Still, dualshock swordfights would suck.

Ugh, I can't stand Sony some times. I did see a couple cool games though. Eight Days, was it? That one looked good.

The points raised in that PGC article are pretty much what I noticed, just more eloquent.

But yeah, the problem is that, to the untrained eye, it has a one-up on Nintendo. And most of the market is made up of untrained eyes. It's a feckless tactic.

EDIT: Yeah, Eight Days did look good. The other one was just a blokey Tomb raider, though. The animation on Heavenly Sword is where it's at, though. I can't abide the 'is it an FMV, or is it in-game' thing that they did in Eight Days.

Quoted post: Exactly. Sony just wants to put out there, for the non-gamer, that they also have a motion sensitive controller, so Nintendo doesn't look so innovative to the casual eye. Basically, it steals some of Nintendo's thunder to the people that don't read game mags or sites when they're looking at both consoles at a Wal-Mart.

Oh indeed. And I hold nothing against them as a Nintendo fan. It's just business. If they want to remain on top, they have to one-up everyone. Thus, the Xbox Live-like online interface, and now the motion-sensor.

I hold it against them as a consumer in general. It's too aggressive.

And I've said my piece about the online interface - Live-esque is pretty much the only way that anyone can go, now. The gripes people have with NWFC at the moment, for example, are that it doesn't have functions like Live.

With any amount of luck, they once again used technology without permission that they'll be sued for to the harshest extent of the law.

In any event, Nintendo's still got one more secret up their sleeves that sony shouldn't have time to steal for the first leg of this generation. Tomorrow will tell.

Speakers in the controller sound like a fair bet. :)

Thirteen hours. I'm wondering if I should grab some sleep now so that I'm awake for it, even though I'm not tired... :)

Quoted post: And I've said my piece about the online interface - Live-esque is pretty much the only way that anyone can go, now. The gripes people have with NWFC at the moment, for example, are that it doesn't have functions like Live.

Good point. Still though, it kinda sucks when you look at it and think "since when is Live purple?"

Quoted post:

Thirteen hours. I'm wondering if I should grab some sleep now so that I'm awake for it, even though I'm not tired...

I'm staying up. And like a fag, I booked time off work =p

The only thing I'll miss because of work is G4's live coverage at night. I'm taping it, anyway, but I'll be home for all of the important internet coverage.

Yeah, but right now it's not half past four in the morning where you are, is it?

It's only 10:35 pm, actually. The conferrence starts at 11:00am, where I am, I believe.

As for the massive secret Nintendo is still keeping, like I said on the Wii board, there's still the flap on the console that Nintendo has punched people in the mouths for trying to open before its time. A DS card slot? A self-contained projector? We shall know in a skant 12 1/2 hours!

Hah. It's not a self-contained projector. We did some research for a console design project recently, and not only would it put the price up massively, it would be bigger and require some mad cooling system.

Posted by Axis

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705887p1.html

According to IGN, the 499 price model has missing features. It lacked HDMI support, well here's the quote:
[quote]However, it also indicates that the 20 gigabyte system won't have Memory Stick, SD or Compact Flash reading capability or WiFi support. Even worse, it appears that rumble doesn't appear to be included with the new six axis sensing controller.

Posted by Xqars

I'm kind of dissapointed with the controller. I was hoping for a new, likable design. But I guess it's better than the boomarang. Anyone else think the controller should be silver to match the main console color?

The controller matches the console colour. If you get a silver console, you'll get a silver controller. And so on.

Also, anyone who thinks the Dual Shock is a bad design needs to gtfo.

EDIT: I just read that they've increased the size of L2 and R2 (again) and the sensitivity of the buttons from 8 degrees of sensitivity to 10. What game can anyone remember that used the analogue buttons, at all? Sony's only actual innovation, and it's hardly used.

Quoting Wings: Also, anyone who thinks the Dual Shock is a bad design needs to gtfo.

I find the handles uncomfortable, especially compared to GAMECUBE's. Also, the analog stick needs to be where the d-pad is. There is no excuse for the d-pad to be in the primary control position when so few games use it for control, and 3D games rule the generation.

And I have to disagree. Both the D-pad and the analogue stick are as easy to reach as each other, as your thumb naturally rests between them - not only that, but it's much better coordinated with them both on the same horizontal plane.

The GCN's controller is better, no doubt. But the Dual Shock is not bad.

Disagreement persists, then.

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Disagreement persists, then.

I agree with that. :D

Posted by Ant

Wow, I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but from what I've read in this thread. I can't believe they did what they did. Ugh, disgusting.

Just jump on the GameSpot site and download the video, if it's not too busy already. I've a feeling they've got craploads of bandwidth for E3, though, so it shouldn't be a problem. The controller motion announcement is right near the end, but the rest is worth watching, for things like the Heavenly Sword demo.

Posted by Speedfreak

SOMEONE'S BEEN HUNGRY.

PS3 is officially bigger than Xbox 1.

Posted by Klarth

HA. That's utterly ridiculous.

I was about to ask why they were showing the 20 and 60 models side-by-side considering I couldn't notice a side difference, but then I noticed that it's only the 60GB model that has the HDMA port.

Good going, Sony. Good going.

edit:

Compare new: http://www.gamersreports.com/grimages/940/1147137686/3/1/gr.image.jpg
Against old:http://www.ps3-hacks.com/images/ps3-front.jpg

It's wider, too!

Posted by Speedfreak

I love this, this is the best E3 ever and I haven't even SEEN Nintendo yet.

THE MODEL EVERYONE IS GOING TO BUY DOESN'T PLAY YOUR PRECIOUS HD MOVIE FORMAT. YOU. UTTER. MORONS.

Posted by Klarth

Guess that means the huge Blu-Ray games everyone was expecting are totally out of the question, then.

Posted by Speedfreak

No no no, both versions use Blu-Ray, but only one of them has the ability to output HD video. The $500 version is suddenly not a bargain at all, but it's going to be the one people buy because absolutely no one would pay over half a grand for a videogame system when they have $400 and $200 systems right next to it.

Posted by Klarth

Ohhh. So you're saying that although both versions support blu-ray, it's gonna be pointless (for movies at least) on the lower-end model because it doesn't have HDMA output. Gotcha.

Posted by Speedfreak

Right. Oh, wait, wasn't that their biggest feature?

Posted by Axis

OH SNAP!

Anyways, I'll wait a few years down the road before I ever pick this system up.

I think you underestimate the lemming-like quality of sony's fans, Speedfreak. Yes, the price and lack of any real appeal will get through to some people, but there'll still be plenty of ps2 owners who will line up and buy up every last launch unit. Then, when the launch units break in 6 months, they'll all buy second units instead of sending in their first one for a $10 repair.

The new PS3 looks like s short, bald man trying to look cool. :(

Too bad it looks... really ugly now. I mean, I wasn't a huge fan of the design before, but I don't know. It looks big and dumb.

Posted by No-Mad

^Yeah, not as stylish as the Wii, if I do say so myself. I think Sony did a pretty good job of trying to hype up their system. The price sucks tho', and I hate that they "stole" the Wii idea. But it is better than playing the same s*** with better graphics.
I'm getting the Wii.

Yay, I'm Back

Posted by netblaze

Hey Big Boss, You can see a picture of the controller at the Epicenter Games Website

Posted by Klarth

There's more to a thread than the first post, you know.

Posted by No-Mad

hmm...?

Posted by Klarth

Quoting No-Mad: hmm...?

Thanks for the input!

Man, newbies. Gotta ***e them.

Fill in the blanks, kids!

Posted by Random

Wow so Sonys going to lose a few hundred dollars per system. Know what that means? Their games are probably going to be $69.99 per game. While Microsoft has $59.99 which I thought was bad enough.

I really think Sony is killing themselves. Even friends of mine who are Sony loyalists think Sony is making a huge mistake. You have a highly priced system which so far most of the better games announced for it are announced for the 360 only it's $200 cheaper.

There are some exclusives that even slightly make me want a PS3:
MGS 4
FFXIII
DMC4

And thats it.. Is a system really worth purchasing over 3 games?

Posted by Ant

Don't worry, I'm sure a bunch of ****ty 3rd party games will come too!

Posted by No-Mad

Quoting Klarth: Thanks for the input!

What is that supposed to mean? I was wondering if you were referring to me or that netblaze person. There is no reason for you to ack like an idiot.

If it was me you were referring to, I only posted about what was in the first post because I didn't feel like reading through 5 pages and I still wanted to express my opinion and type something that would be considered "on topic".

Quoting No-Mad: ack like an idiot.

lol.

But yeah, discussions move on and obvious points get made early. If you're gonna post in a thread, read the thread. Duh.

Posted by Axis

After discussing this with friends at lunch earlier today, most of them think that Sony is shooting themselves in the foot. Some of them are die-hard Sony fans and they aren't even going to get one at launch. They've become more interested in the 360 and Wii.

Posted by Random

Quoting Axis: After discussing this with friends at lunch earlier today, most of them think that Sony is shooting themselves in the foot. Some of them are die-hard Sony fans and they aren't even going to get one at launch. They've become more interested in the 360 and Wii.

Yeah and really thats all me and a lot of friends plan to buy are just A 360 and a Wii. Really thats all I want or need. 360 will have my online multiplayer fun and Wii will bring back my old school game loving days back to me.

Sony has very little to offer outside of those two. Not enough for a purchase.

Posted by TendoAddict

Words cannot discripe my anger at sony.

What an innovative controller! Never seen such an innovative design before!

TILT SENSITIVE CONTROLLER! In all my years, I would of never guessed such a technology would exsist.

Online gaming too? No other company has ever though of that before!

*** Sony, Thanks alot.

The controller isnt that bad in all respects, but it just doesnt help a Company launch into the NEXT GENERATION when the controller is from the LAST GENERATION.

Plus I wanted to see MGS4 GAME PLAY. I saw a trailer last year. You would think after a year they could sew some random alpha/beta clips and add some decent music.
----------------------------------------------------------
[quote]Nintendos worst nightmare has officially come true.

If you mean Sony stealing ideas from Nintendo then Nintendo has been in their worse nightmare for a long time now.

Quoted post: Plus I wanted to see MGS4 GAME PLAY. I saw a trailer last year. You would think after a year they could sew some random alpha/beta clips and add some decent music.

It's MGS. You get trailers until the a few days before the game comes out. What did you expect, and how could you not be pleased with what you saw?

Posted by Fate

That and the game will pretty much have the same graphics (if not improved by release) as the trailer. I'm not expecting gameplay for a bit.

And ****, MGS has some of the most amazing music I've heard in a video game. wtf
:(

Posted by TendoAddict

[quote]It's MGS. You get trailers until the a few days before the game comes out. What did you expect, and how could you not be pleased with what you saw?

Oh ***, the movie kicked Mother ****ing ***!

But you see, I knew it would kick *** because its MGS, most if not all their cinematics kick ***.

I see, Im supposed to get trailers intill the game comes out just like any other MSG game?

But this isnt a normal MGS game. It is A really big MGS game.

The MGS game alot of PS3 hype is leaning on.

The MGS wich may say good bye to a very well respected video game icon.

The MGS game that everyones looking at, and hanging on ever word said.

What did I exspect?

I exspected sony to show me pull out all the stops. I exspected sony to treat this game with the respect it deserved rather then just another cinematics trailer. I exspected to be BLOWN away by the game, not the CINEMATICS.

I guess I exspected to much...

Posted by Fate

We already know what the gameplay is going to be roughly based on. They'll do the same thing they did with MGS3: Pull out some gameplay trailers weeks (or a few months) before release.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Fate: We already know what the gameplay is going to be roughly based on. They'll do the same thing they did with MGS3: Pull out some gameplay trailers weeks (or a few months) before release.

Theres different factors in this game that I think will change the game fundemtally. Like snakes sickness, and that robot thing. Plus the enemy seems more advanced, I dont think Snaked Ol' hide in a box trick will work so well this time.

They could of made a ton of good PR by just making a SMALL game play movie.

But meh, what can you do...

Posted by Lord of Spam

I swear to *** if they take out the boxes I'll boycott the **** thing.

Posted by Pit

I hear they got that Twilight Princess on PS3.

Posted by Random

Quoting Pit: I hear they got that Twilight Princess on PS3.

LOL they might as well.. First steal the controller idea so why not a Nintendo exclusive game. **** Sony... Gah..

Quoted post: That and the game will pretty much have the same graphics (if not improved by release) as the trailer. I'm not expecting gameplay for a bit.

And ****, MGS has some of the most amazing music I've heard in a video game. wtf

This is all complete truth. And really, I expect nothing less from Kojima. Seeing as how this MIGHT be the end of Snake, well, I really don't think they can do anything but go all out.

Quoted post: I see, Im supposed to get trailers intill the game comes out just like any other MSG game? But this isnt a normal MGS game. It is THEE MGS game. The MGS game alot of PS3 hype is leaning on. The MGS wich may say good bye to a very well respected video game icon. The MGS game that everyones looking at, and hanging on ever word said.

Do what I just did with your post and use paragraphs. Anyways, every MGS game is "THEE" MGS game. Every single one has the fans hanging over every single word. MGS4 is no exception. Don't expect anything different when it comes to hype, because clearly they know what works.

Quoted post: I exspected sony to show me pull out all the stops. I exspected sony to treat this game with the respect it deserved rather then just another cinematics trailer. I exspected to be BLOWN away by the game, not the CINEMATICS.

I guess I exspected to much...

It did get the respect it deserved... it got an amazing trailer that everyone loved. Plus, you must know you'll be blown away by the game when it comes out, so what's the big deal?

Quoted post: Theres different factors in this game that I think will change the game fundemtally. Like snakes sickness, and that robot thing. Plus the enemy seems more advanced, I dont think Snaked Ol' hide in a box trick will work so well this time.

They could of made a ton of good PR by just making a SMALL game play movie.

But meh, what can you do...

Hrm, it seems they don't need to do any of that, because clearly the hype-mechine is working without the demos or gameplay footage. Why reveal something you don't have to? Oh, and it's coming out in 2007 I believe. The release day is a LONG way off. So they probably don't have anything they want to show the public quite yet.

Quoted post: I swear to *** if they take out the boxes I'll boycott the **** thing.

Quoting http://ps3.ign.com/articles/706/706622p1.html: At one point in the trailer, two of the new legged Metal Gears close in on Snake from both sides. He finds a box nearby and in classic Snake fashion, uses it to hide. The Metal Gears close in, look at the box and stomp on it, red, pulpy bits flying everywhere. It's then revealed that the box was filled with watermelons and Snake is safely away. The box contained a URL that looks to have pointed to [url]www.water-melon.com[/url].

awesome :D

Posted by TendoAddict

[quote]Every MGS game is "THEE" MGS game. So I guess every MGS has had the total possibility of Snake dieing? Not just a possiblility, but a good one?

Not really, this may be snakes last Harrah. Its not like in snake eater were we knew we would live, its not certain now and it sure looks like snake might bite the big one.

[quote]It did get the respect it deserved... it got an amazing trailer that everyone loved. Plus, you must know you'll be blown away by the game when it comes out, so what's the big deal?

I know Im kicking up dirt on something that will be great in the end anyways. Guess Im taking out sony frustraiton with MGS. I was hoping for more. Guess I should of just gone with what they've done in the past.

[quote]Hrm, it seems they don't need to do any of that, because clearly the hype-mechine is working without the demos or gameplay footage.
It is working and it always does work. I was just hoping for something more considering they hooked me last year with the first trailer. Kinda like a "Im hooked already just pull for ***s sake." feeling of anticipation.

[quote]Why reveal something you don't have to? Oh, and it's coming out in 2007 I believe. The release day is a LONG way off. So they probably don't have anything they want to show the public quite yet.
I suppose. Maybe Im on edge, its a BIG E3 this year and Im hyper.
------------------

All in all my MGS post may of seemed angry but Im overall happy. Its just one of the only things in the PS3 presentation was worth while and it was gone like that. I dont think there doing bad just was expsecting better and got burnt.

Quoted post: So I guess every MGS has had the total possibility of Snake dieing? Not just a possiblility, but a good one?

Not really, this may be snakes last Harrah. Its not like in snake eater were we knew we would live, its not certain now and it sure looks like snake might bite THEE big one.

No, but every MGS is the next big thing, the next big game in the series. Read: THEE MGS. Duh.

Quoted post:
It is working and it always does work. I was just hoping for something more considering they hooked me last year with the first trailer. Kinda like a "Im hooked already just pull for ***s sake." feeling of anticipation.

There's a fifteen minute trailer. Happy?

Stop saying 'thee', you retards.

Also:

[quote]SoulCaliBURRF: seriously, i could buy a car for cheaper than a ****ing ps3
SoulCaliBURRF: one that works
Nissan Pulsar ftw.

Posted by TendoAddict

[quote]No, but every MGS is the next big thing, the next big game in the series. Read: THEE MGS. Duh.
I ment in terms of story. There will be more MSG game its just that the plot in this one is more Risky then other MGS games.

[quote]There's a fifteen minute trailer. Happy?
I said that I was happy, just antsy for more details.

[quote]Stop saying 'thee', you retards.
Now that I think of it using thee was pritty retarded : S

Posted by Speedfreak

On the controller:

1) To the untrained eye and and uninformed consumer, the Dual Shock 3 is just a Dual Shock 2, and the Wii controller is something completely different. This is the immediate impression you get just from looking at them.

2) Dual Shock 3 doesn't serve the non-gamer in any way, shape or form; half the bloody point was that they're intimidated by current controllers. The similarity to a TV remote is a significant advantage Wii has that DS3 doesn't, both in functionality and perception.

3) Of all the games we saw on Nintendo's reel, the games you'd be able to do with DS3 are: Pilotwings (provided no Wii features are added), Excite Truck and Tony Hawk. That means no Red Steel, Metroid Prime 3, Mario, Tennis, Golf, Baseball, orchestra conduction, Trauma Centre or WarioWare. Nintendo have used cutting-edge technology for their controller, Sony hasn't.

The funny thing is you can consider it a tipping of the hat to Nintendo, an acknowledgement that they've got a point and are going in the right direction.

You'd be false, of course, because it's basically another example of Sony having a complete lack of an imagination.

Quoting TendoAddict: Not that I think of it using thee was pritty retarded : S

The word is 'the'. I have no objection to you using the word, just spell it right.

Also, 'meant'. :)

Quoted post: I ment in terms of story. There will be more MSG game its just that the plot in this one is more Risky then other MGS games.

I know what you "ment", but why they know what they're doing obviously.

Quoted post: I said that I was happy, just antsy for more details.

Not antsy now?

Quoted post: Not that I think of it using thee was pritty retarded : S

No ****.

Quoted post: The funny thing is you can consider it a tipping of the hat to Nintendo, an acknowledgement that they've got a point and are going in the right direction.

You'd be false, of course, because it's basically another example of Sony having a complete lack of an imagination.

If you were the optimistic sort, anyways.

Posted by TendoAddict

[quote]Not antsy now?

Oh Im still antsy , just not as stupid. And now Im not using the word THEE like a jack ***.

Posted by GameMiestro

This is a little off topic, but I saw an AOL survey and thought it was interesting...

Would you pay $599 for a video game console?
[SIZE=1]No[/SIZE]75%
[SIZE=1]Yes[/SIZE]25%
Which video game console would you most likely buy?
[SIZE=1]Sony's PlayStation 3[/SIZE]50%
[SIZE=1]Microsoft's Xbox 360[/SIZE]32%
[SIZE=1]Nintendo's Wii[/SIZE]17%
Total Votes: 6,054

SOMETHING IS BE SMELLING FISHY.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting GameMiestro: This is a little off topic, but I saw an AOL survey and thought it was interesting...

Would you pay $599 for a video game console?
[SIZE=1]No[/SIZE]75%
[SIZE=1]Yes[/SIZE]25%
Which video game console would you most likely buy?
[SIZE=1]Sony's PlayStation 3[/SIZE]50%
[SIZE=1]Microsoft's Xbox 360[/SIZE]32%
[SIZE=1]Nintendo's Wii[/SIZE]17%
Total Votes: 6,054

SOMETHING IS BE SMELLING FISHY.

Oh yeah, because AOL is the place to go for real gamers. How long did it take them to find out dial up sucked?

And at E3 Wii lines are 6 hours long, the other lines are 5 MINUTES .

Hmmm, SOME THING SMELLS FISHY!

Quite a few people will just want a PS3 and not know the price. And then when they find out, it'll just be WTF NO 360.

Adding injury to insult:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_4InHXPHvs

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Adding injury to insult:

Probably the software's fault, not the PS3 itself.

It is a demo, after all.

Sega? Make a Sonic game that freezes up? Balderdash!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's a demo! An uncompleted build!

There's bound to be overlooked errors.

:o

I know. There was sarcasm implied in the use of the word "balderdash." No one who isn't an elderly British major uses that word. The finished version of Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast froze from time to time.

Hah, that reminds me of when I went to the Stuff expo in London just before Xbox Live was released. They had a whole bank of Xbox booths lined up to demo it, but they all - bar none - had the BSOD displayed.

Confuscious say: "All systems will output blank screens before you turn them on."

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Adding injury to insult:

No, this is adding insult to injury.

Sony Stocks

http://sonystocke3.ytmnd.com

granted its small, but when stocks go down at all after it debuted its not a good sign.

A more professional site:
http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=SNE&sid=0&o_symb=SNE&freq=1&time=8

Nintendo on the other hand:

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=NTDOF&sid=743165&o_symb=NTDOF&freq=1&time=8&x=0&y=17

Willeth say:

Quoted post: granted its small, but when stocks go down at all after it debuted its not a good sign.

They were around 30 something not too long ago. So, though it's down, it's up quite a bit at the same time.

Quoted post:
It's a demo! An uncompleted build!

There's bound to be overlooked errors.

Wouldn't doubt the PS3 will crash quite a bit when it first launches. Not only will it be a new piece of hardware, but it's made by Sony.

The edits of this thing are great:

http://tinyurl.com/g489y

Remember folks, giant crab monsters really existed in ancient Japan. Historical Japanese warriors defeated these monsters by flipping them and attacking their weakpoints to inflict MASSIVE DAMAGE!.