DRAGON QUEST/WARRIOR FOR LAUNCH

Posted by Prince Shondronai

[URL="http://revolution.ign.com/articles/705/705607p1.html"]http://revolution.ign.com/articles/705/705607p1.html[/URL]

FFCC is a no-brainer, but Dragon Warrior? I'm skeptical. We shall see upon the morrow.

Posted by Speedfreak

TERRANIGM- okay, fuck it, it ain't gonna happen. PROBABLY ANOTHER STUPID FINAL FANTASY GAME.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, that would be pretty awesome

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Speedfreak: TERRANIGM- okay, fuck it, it ain't gonna happen. PROBABLY ANOTHER STUPID FINAL FANTASY GAME.

I was hoping for a new Gaia game too. :( Oh well.

The Mana series would be too similar to FFCC to release both games around the same time. Dragon Warrior usually waits for a generation to be about halfway over to see who the market leader is, but on the other hand Squenix has said that they're going to be giving more multi-platform support to their major franchises. This could mean Dragon Warrior IX for all 3 systems, I suppose.

Posted by Big Boss

Dragon Quest just announced in Square's press conference. Launch title, apparently.

Posted by Speedfreak

I just heard that, I'm changing the thread title.

Christ, Nintendo are going to have the most ridiculously awesome launch in the entire history of gaming absolutely bar none.

Someone pinch me.

Posted by Drewboy64

My ***, I will love the Wii.

And FFCC will be awesome.

Posted by Axis

*Pinchs*

*Two Square Enix Launch Titles Reality*

*Celebration follows*

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Drewboy64: My ***, I will love the Wii.

... I could make a joke, but I won't.

And I want more games like Enix's old games. Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and stuff. :(

Posted by Axis

[quote=IGN]Breaking News: Square Enix has just announced a new Dragon Quest game, titled "Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen at the Tower of Mirrors" exclusively for Nintendo Wii. It will be available at launch.

Sweet jesus! :D

Speedfreak, I never call it Dragon "Quest." The proper name for the series is Dragon Warrior.

I enjoyed the Dragon Warrior stand-alone sword battling game, and that thing works about as well as a Power Glove! I'm imagining this game with hyper-responsive controls, more depth, better graphics, symphonic sound, and I'm drooling.

EDIT: Happy? -Speedy

EDIT: Not really. I'd never even acknowledge that anyone calls it "Quest." -The coolest guy ever

Posted by Speedfreak

Nintendo, you can name this system "gigantic rotting horse cock" if you want to as long as you keep those launch titles!

Posted by Dexter

Dragon Warrior? That is certainly exciting. Now I definitely have to finish the first 4 Dragon Warrior games for the NES before Wii is released. I think I can be bold enough to say that I'm looking forward to Dragon Warrior more than any other Wii launch titles!

Hopefully this Crystal Chronicles will be superior to the Game Cube's FF:CC. That was a disappointing adventure. :(

Posted by Shade

Quoting Speedfreak: Nintendo, you can name this system "gigantic rotting horse cock" if you want to as long as you keep those launch titles!

What launch titles?

Only worthwhile ones I've heard of are SSBM and this. But then again, I don't research into it too much.

Posted by Speedfreak

So far we've got Warioware, Smash Bros, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda (with controller functionality), Tennis, a Baseball game (most likely Pennant Chase), a racing game, an exclusive Tony Hawk, Red Steel, Sadness, Madden with Wii controls, Dragon Quest, an improved Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

Mario is rumoured to be at launch.

That's just off the top of my head.

Posted by Dexter

It does indeed appear to be the best launch ever. I want, like, 8 of those games and I know I'm going to want to at least try them all out. Is Smash Bros, so far, the only one planned for online play?

Posted by Speedfreak

Hell no, Cystal Chronicles definately supports it. Let's just wait for tomorrow so we can get the full list.

Posted by Drewboy64

I can pretty much guarentee Metroid will support online, too.

Posted by nich

Tony Hawk is probably in there too.

Posted by cas

I saw tony hawk screens. lol. They are supposed to be Wii screens but look more like DS/N64 [url=http://palgn.com.au/article.php?title=E3+2006%3A+First+Screens+of+Tony+Hawk+on+Wii&id=4435]Wiii[/url]

A Dragon Warrior Quest launch title is beyond sweet. Definately going to have to think about getting this at launch now. For the right price of course.

Posted by Fate

Dragon Quest because the Japs came up with it first.

How the controller will work with this I don't know because RPGs don't require much movement, but we will see.
<333333

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: "Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen at the Tower of Mirrors"

Jesus Christ, that's a long title. Better be worth it.

As I said, Vampiro, the Bandai-made stand-alone Dragon Warrior sword unit with 16-bit graphics was fun, and it had a much crappier interface than Wii does. This game should have no problems rocking.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Eh, past editions in a series means absolutely nothing.