If this means what I think it does...

Posted by Klarth

...Then I might just have to ram my PSP down Kutaragi's throat. This implies motion-sensitivity in the PS3 controller. I don't like this at all.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I fail to see how what makes the Wii likeable could make the ps3 bad.

Posted by Klarth

The fact that Nintendo came up with the idea. I'd be equally ****ed off if Sony had brought it about first and Nintendo had picked it up.

edit - dear pedants: yes, I know there have been third-party motion-sensitive controllers in the past. Don't say it.

Posted by GameMiestro

Just because it has motion sensitivity doesn't mean games have to use it.

Posted by s0ul

Okay, maybe I'm retarded, but I don't understand how it implies motion sensitivity.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting s0ul: Okay, maybe I'm retarded, but I don't understand how it implies motion sensitivity.
Think of rock, paper, scissors...

It's just a guess however, but if they really are doing that, I would laugh. It's just what Nintendo was worried about, and here it is. Still, it's pretty lame they cant come up with their own ideas.

Wheres that picture taken? Is there an article to go with it?

Posted by s0ul

I know how rock paper scissors works, okay? I'm the best that ever lived. But if you think of "play beyond" and how RPS is being depicted, it makes a lot more sense than motion sensitivity. I think you are making quite a stretch here.

Posted by Speedfreak

Nintendo spent millions on R&D, years perfecting it and made absolutely sure that no one could rip it off. If Sony do manage it it'll be rushed, unrefined and with less functionality.

As for the ad, I just see an ad. Nothing more, nothing less.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Even if Sony are poised to rip off the Wii's control system, we'll get over it eventually. Rumble pak, or analogue stick, anyone?

This just puts more wind in Nintendo's sails, in my opinion.

Posted by Klarth

They still haven't nicked the analogue trigger buttons yet. There's hope.

Posted by NightmareBassX

I guess now when I hear people saying "Eww, The Revolutions controller is so gay", Im just going to reply with "Well guess what!? The PS3 has that too!"

Posted by s0ul

...you guys are morons. :(

Posted by Klarth

Nah, Sony's just tacky for the most part.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting s0ul: ...you guys are morons. :(

Im just going along with the speculation, not the picture itself.

Posted by Linko_16

I think it's just a normal ad... and a somewhat clever one, too. If PS3 does come out with motion-sensors, well...

Whoever Emil G. Ryderup is will be laughing his head off.

Posted by keyartist

Hey linko is that realy the controler of for that matter a real add. It makes me laugh at the idea of sony doing that. But with all time nintendo has always "inspired" all companies.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Hay guys, you know whats cool?

Making fun of Sony.

OH NOES, NINTENDO MADE IT, THAT MEANS SONY CANT USE IT. Its retarded. if the product is good, then it gets emulated. Thats the way marketing works. Its not new, it isnt surprising, and its not going to end jsut because some fanboys decided to jump on a bandwagon and get their panties in a wad against sony. So chill the **** out.

Posted by brownoystercult

Go ahead Speedfreak, write a freakin' essay.

Posted by s0ul

ITS NOT GOING TO BE ****ING MOTION SENSITIVE :mad:

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Roinkz]Go ahead Speedfreak, write a freakin' essay.

I already posted you idiot.

Posted by nich

I'm pretty sure the ad is just saying GAMES ON PS3 ARE WAY MORE X-TREME!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Speedfreak: I already posted you idiot.

Pretty sure he was talking about your response to my post. Unless you're trying to say that you already posted and hence any debate is obviosuly wrong since you're so superior:cool:

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Lord of Spam]Pretty sure he was talking about your response to my post. Unless you're trying to say that you already posted and hence any debate is obviosuly wrong since you're so superior:cool:

Uh, I actually pretty much agreed with your post. There's nothing wrong with copying a concept.

There's also nothing wrong with thinking Sony are a bunch of uncreative cunts because they steal everyone else's ideas.

Posted by Linko_16

It's inevitable that other developers will adapt to motion-sensing. The point is that it'd still be something to laugh at if Nintendo got all this crap for trying motion sensors, then PS3 picked it up before either even had a chance to be relased. I seriously doubt Sony's been that quick on the uptake, though.

Quoting keyartist: Hey linko is that realy the controler of for that matter a real add.

No, it's just a joke someone made. Nobody makes an ad proclaiming themselves thieves.

Posted by TendoAddict

Its nothing, cleaver, but nothing.

But its good to speculate.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

This has nothing to do with motion sensitivity. Stop being so quick to jump to conclusions, you fanboys.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

If I were going this year, I'd climb up there with a black magic marker and scribble out the playstation logo, thereby making the ad completely meaningless.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Klarth:
...Then I might just have to ram my PSP down Kutaragi's throat. This implies motion-sensitivity in the PS3 controller. I don't like this at all.

I don't see that in the add.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Klarth:

Nice photo shop job , how long did it take u to make?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Unite: Nice photo shop job , how long did it take u to make?

[URL="http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6149281.html"]Retard.[/URL]

Posted by Unite

Quoting The X: [URL="http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6149281.html"]Retard.[/URL]

Maybe he should posted the news site too , instead of just a picture.

after reading this

"However, until there is official word, these theories are just that--theories."

i don't see why he's moaning.

Posted by Klarth

I said "if this means what I think it does", not "the PS3 will have a motion-sensitive controller". There's a difference.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Klarth: I said "if this means what I think it does", not "the PS3 will have a motion-sensitive controller". There's a difference.

a just enough to start an anti sony thread right.

You want a photoshop job? Here ya go:

Now it represents sony's true message to the industry.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Prince Shondronai: You want a photoshop job? Here ya go:

Now it represents sony's true message to the industry.

You, sir, are hereby awarded two internets. How I lolled.

Somebody post it at GameFAQs for me. They know me too well there.

Posted by Pit

I see. So rock beats scissors.

Yeah, but the rock's going to want some brillo pads and lemon juice afterwards.

Quoting Klarth: I said "if this means what I think it does", not "the PS3 will have a motion-sensitive controller". There's a difference.

Yeah. But the point is, what the hell. There is no way that you could get 'motion sensitivity' from that ad.

It's a good ad, come to that.

At the very least, the game of Rock, Paper, Scissors is played by shaking one's fist in the air...much like you will shake the Wii controller in the air to play the games. I agree that it's a far-fetched connection to make, though.

But at the most, that's the only connection you can make. Not only that, but it's quite possible to play the game without even doing that.

Not really. For instance, the game is also played using only one hand, much like Nintendo's controller will typically be used. The simplicity of the game coincides with the simplicity of the controls on the Wii controller. Rock, Paper, Scissors has always been a wireless game with online capabilities and the ability to download older games from previous RPS systems, to say nothing of the shell that you can place your hand in to facilitate a more traditional gameplay style and...No, there's really no reason why you should connect Rock, Paper, Scissors to Nintendo's innovative approach to the coming generation.

Posted by Lord of Spam

You know whats awesome?

Hating a company rabidly for no apparent reason.

Aw. Did I make little Lord of Spam angry again? Did I, little guy? Let's just clean that drool off your chin and put you down for nappies.

Get a sense of humor that doesn't involve blatant sexual exploitation.

Posted by Lord of Spam

*** job refuting my point by making fun of everything EXCEPT what I said. Either counter what I said or shut up and gtfo.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Lord of Spam: Hating a company rabidly for no apparent reason.
They're reason is "omg sony 'steals' all nintendo's ideas!!!111!!" :bowser:

And lets all make the far fetched assumption that they're gonna do it again from a vague looking ad so we can ***** about it!

Quoting Lord of Spam: *** job refuting my point by making fun of everything EXCEPT what I said. Either counter what I said or shut up and gtfo.

Besides the one on your head, you didn't have a point to refute. I've given my reasons for hating sony many times in the past, so I see no reason to repeat them here.

And for the record, I was making fun of what you said, too. It was a ****ant little comment, so I answered it by implying that you are a humorless child.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Lord of Spam: *** job refuting my point by making fun of everything EXCEPT what I said. Either counter what I said or shut up and gtfo.

What point? You just said something stupid, how is he supposed to respond back? If anything, his stupid responce back is the most you deserve. :D

Edit: Prince beat me to it...

Posted by Lord of Spam

If the point was too subtle for you guys to see, then you're pretty dense. i was getting at the fact that everyone takes the slightest nudge to ****ing jump on an antisony bandwagon.

Also, the point on my head? What are you, my grandpa? Weak, dude. Weak.

Posted by Ant

Guess Sony should stop providing reasons then! I'm not speaking about this certin case in itself, but if they didn't then there wouldn't be a problem in the first place would there?

Posted by Lord of Spam

What bothers me is that most of the reasons are retarded. OH NOES, SONY TRIES TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS POSBILE. Who could have guessed that a COMPANY would want to make MONEY? Certainly not me.

The problem isn't that sony tries to make money on other people's ideas. The problem is that they succeed, and their fans love them for it. If Nintendo comes up with something, it's stupid, but the minute sony steals it, it's the coolest thing in the world. That's just the one that's relevant to this particular topic, though, even though the topic itself isn't totally founded in reality.

So, apparently there's a second screen for some PS3 games that you can view on the PSP. You could use it for a radar in a game so you wouldn't have to pause it.

How original!

Posted by Lord of Spam

I was one of the people that was looking forward to the Wii. Hell, I still am. That being said, the only console that interests me of the current gen is the ps2. As for Sony stealing... the only thing I can recall that they stole is the rumble technology, which doesnt really make or break a game for me, AND they're getting sued over it, arent they?

My point was that people get too uptight over the stuff, and its true. You took an add that MIGHT, MAYBE, POSSIBLY, ALMOST KINDA be interpreted as Sony MAYBE doing something SIMILAR to something the big N had coming and ran with it as if it had been confirmed. If you really want to hate on a company, go for MS. At least they DId steal almost everything they ever made money on, on top of treating their employees like cattle.

Edit: Reinforcement from wings. HEAVEN FORBID THAT A COMPANY USE A PLOY THAT PROVED SUCCESSFUL FOR SOMEONE ELSE.

Well, now we know that Sony are using motion sensors in PS3. I don't think this ad alludes to it, but meh.

No, Spam. sony stole the analog stick, the SNES controller, an Atari console design, and the kitchen sink from their former HQ one time.

Posted by brownoystercult

Sony still executes better.

[quote=Roinkz]Sony still executes better.

...their employees with original thought, perhaps. Check out this article for how effective sony's Xerox skills were this time:

http://www.planetgamecube.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=11428

Anywho, my whole "execution" pun also reminded me of this quote. Points for who gets where it's from!

"A chicken with its neck wrung is different from a chicken with its head cut off, but what does it matter to the chicken?"

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Prince Shondronai: No, Spam. sony stole the analog stick, the SNES controller, an Atari console design, and the kitchen sink from their former HQ one time.

Once again, most companies do stuff like this. Its not new, and I garauntee if you look hard enough you can find exaples of ANY company doing it. So stop whining about it like a little *****.

Everybody smokes. Everybody drinks. Everybody runs the red lights. Everybody steals from their employers. Everybody shoplifts. Everybody has premarital sex. And it all makes the world a better place, right?

I was with you until that last one.

But yeah, it's mainly the fact that it's taking the spotlight away from Nintendo, who are the ones doing all the actual innovation, and just piggybacking. Besides that, because Sony now have the stronger brand, it could almost take the wind out of Nintendo's sails completely.

How many people do you know who would say 'Man, have you seen that Nintendo Wii? They've totally ripped off PS3'?

That's the saddest thing of all. Once again, sony fans can say that they have everything they could get on Nintendo's console without actually having it. They'll ignore the truly innovative side of this latest technology because sony is making them think that they're not.

Yeah. Not only that, but the PS3 one is so blatantly inferior to the Wii.

I suppose an advantage is that popular PS3 games can be simultaneously developed for Wii.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting s0ul: ITS NOT GOING TO BE ****ING MOTION SENSITIVE :mad:

Hey, what's that you were saying again?

Posted by Unite

Quoting Klarth: Hey, what's that you were saying again?

**** i was hoping the controller wouldn't be motion sensitive so i could rub it in your face.

Anyways i can't say i'm excited about motion sensitive controllers. If you have to wip the controller every time you want to slash something. If u had to do that for a game like dmc, i rather not. I usually play after work and not exactly full of energy, i can see how this would be good for kids.

Don't worry. It seems sony's controller is only good for slow, clunky movements, and nothing actually exciting or fun in the least.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Everybody smokes. Everybody drinks. Everybody runs the red lights. Everybody steals from their employers. Everybody shoplifts. Everybody has premarital sex. And it all makes the world a better place, right?

None of the examples have anything to do with the topic. If anything, it makes you look more like a douche/fanboy for singling out sony when you apparently recognize that every company does it.

[quote]But yeah, it's mainly the fact that it's taking the spotlight away from Nintendo

Once again, where was your outrage when MS tried to stick it to Sony by anouncing that they are going to release Halo 3 on the same day as the PS3? If you're going to get mad at companies trying to ninja each other, fine. But at lease be fair about it.

Side note, before anyone tries to label me as a sony fanboy: I dont plan on buying a ps3 because it looks like ****. In fact, I plan to preorder one and sell the preorder to buy a Wii. I'm jsut tired of idiots ranting about how evil big bag sony is when all they do is use standard business practices.

Uh. I did have a response. Mainly it was 'oh, good business sense' and a little bit of outrage. But releasing software at the same time as something in the same market is a bit different to altering your entire product.

Posted by Lord of Spam

How do you know that they didnt plan on having this earlier? You dont jsut cobble **** together like that. There has to be SOME sort of planning. Chances are that they were trying to save it for a big press conference... like, oh, I dont know... E MOTHERFUCKING THREE?

Balls. If it was planned that far ahead they would have not only a better controller, but patents filed, and more demos than just something quickly done from WarHawk.

If it was planned that far ahead, and they wanted to take the wind out of Nintendo's sails, they would have shown about ten different demos of games that use it, especially since Nitnendo are planning to do the same thing the next day. The whole thing just smacks of a last-minute job.

The problem isn't that they "use standard business practices." It's that in this case they've done it solely for the purpose of altering people's perceptions of a truly innovative concept. They have created a scale-back, stripped-down version of that innovation and are passing it off as a 100% substitute, and people are believing them. "Standard business practices" usually improve the state of competition and aid the evolution of a given industry. In this case, sony is once again diminishing competition and stunting the growth of video games.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Wings: I realize its not likely, I was just proposing that MAYBE, just MAYBE, sony arent the babymurdering, village raping evil hordes that it seems like everyone thinks of them as.

Quoting Prince Shondronai: The problem isn't that they "use standard business practices." It's that in this case they've done it solely for the purpose of altering people's perceptions of a truly innovative concept. They have created a scale-back, stripped-down version of that innovation and are passing it off as a 100% substitute, and people are believing them. "Standard business practices" usually improve the state of competition and aid the evolution of a given industry. In this case, sony is once again diminishing competition and stunting the growth of video games.

Standard business is about whatever makes the most amount of money in the shortest time. If you can rip off a competitor, AND make it look like yours is better* while reducing costs over their development, then its standard business.

*Yes, I know it isnt actually better, and nobody here thinks it is. But considering that people are already complaining about people saying that Sony hsa the superioir tech, I'd say that its valid.

I don't care how good at marketing sony is. My point is that they are a scourge upon the video game industry that needs to be pounded into submission with a very large sledgehammer.

Posted by Lord of Spam

OH NOES, SOMEONE PROVIDED ARGUMENTS AGAINST ME. QUICK, REPEAT MY POSITION AS IF IT WAS ITS OWN JUSTIFICATION AND MAYBE NOBODY WILL NOTICE WHAT A DOUCHEBAG I AM.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Don't worry. It seems sony's controller is only good for slow, clunky movements, and nothing actually exciting or fun in the least.

Everyone has things what they find fun and exciting is different. I know for you it's going to be using your wii wii remote like a sword in hack and slash game.

[quote=spam]
OH NOES, SOMEONE PROVIDED ARGUMENTS AGAINST ME. QUICK, REPEAT MY POSITION AS IF IT WAS ITS OWN JUSTIFICATION AND MAYBE NOBODY WILL NOTICE WHAT A DOUCHEBAG I AM.

I'm not arguing about sony's business sense. I'm arguing that they're bad for the industry you worthless little hobag.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Lord of Spam: OH NOES, SOMEONE PROVIDED ARGUMENTS AGAINST ME. QUICK, REPEAT MY POSITION AS IF IT WAS ITS OWN JUSTIFICATION AND MAYBE NOBODY WILL NOTICE WHAT A DOUCHEBAG I AM.

Prince and few others on the board live in fantasy world and choose to ignore things that been happenig for decades. Companies like walmart , microsoft, exxon etc didn't get to where they were by being nice and fair.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Prince Shondronai: I'm not arguing about sony's business sense. I'm arguing that they're bad for the industry you worthless little hobag.

The market determines what is good for the industry. That may not line up with what you want, however, which leads to you ****ing and moaning on a message baord when nintendo doesnt end up killing everything else.

Stop trying to act like you have some sort of balanced reasonable view. Its blatantly obvious that you dont.

Okay. The ps2 was less powerful than the GAMECUBE and X-box in the last generation, yet was the most successful in the marketplace. Since it was so underpowered, sony needed to move on to the next generation now, even though the GAMECUBE and X-box still have plenty of hardware potential to explore. Since the ps2 was the most successful, Nintendo and Microsoft couldn't risk waiting to fully explore the hardware potential of their systems, and instead planned the release of their new systems. If the ps3 wasn't looming on the horizon, the next generation would be a couple of years off. It would be more advanced and cheaper to produce.

Posted by Lord of Spam

And yet people are stil out buying games, and having fun. I guess that sorta puts a pretty big hole in your plans. Hell, if anything, it brought the Wii sooner. So quit your bitching, you little cunt.

Quoting Lord of Spam: Standard business is about whatever makes the most amount of money in the shortest time.

Never go into business.

Yeah, the Wii's here, and that's great. And the video game industry is still going, and that's great. Whatever you meant by my "plans" having a big hole in them, you're wrong. This upcoming generation would be much better if it were still a year or two farther away. The Wii would have more technological power, more innovative features (if that's possible), and more games if it hadn't had to be ready to battle the ps3 this year. The same can be said of the X-box 360. We'd have the X-box 540 a year from now, instead. On top of that, the GAMECUBE and the X-box could be maxed out by more games than just Halo 2, Resident Evil 4, and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Developers could explore the full power of the current generation, thus better preparing them for the next.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Wings: Never go into business.

why shouldn't he?

Posted by Ant

Why shouldn't you be banned?

Posted by No-Mad

This was bound to happen. If no now, then on the next string of consoles.A lot of you guys are exaggerating like the controller was Nintendos only hope. If anything, the way that Sony has the controller working is to only aim and or steer. Just wait.

Yay, I'm back!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: A lot of you guys are exaggerating like the controller was Nintendos only hope.

It kinda is :cookie:

Posted by No-Mad

^Maybe your right, but it still has the whole backwards compatibility, and the online thing going on. Also, what I was trying to say is that the Sony motion sensing controller won't take anything away from the Wii.

Yay, I'm Back

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Lord of Spam: OH NOES, SOMEONE PROVIDED ARGUMENTS AGAINST ME. QUICK, REPEAT MY POSITION AS IF IT WAS ITS OWN JUSTIFICATION AND MAYBE NOBODY WILL NOTICE WHAT A DOUCHEBAG I AM.

Dude, it's just a difference of opinion. You believe that, because it gives them a good business advantage, their hasty adaption to motion sensors is perfectly logical and acceptable, and he disagrees. Nobody needs to be nailed to the the cross over it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I was just trying to point out that he was being rabidly anti-sony for no good reason. It bothers me that people jump on a bandwagon of hating a company for no reason.

Posted by Speedfreak

Hey, for the record, Dual Shock 3 can't do what Wiimote can. It has roughly half the functionality. And if you look closely, you'll see most devs aren't supporting it.

Really, this is just a useless random stab at Nintendo. The whole point of the Wii controller is to be easy to use. Dual Shock 3 still isn't because of all the buttons.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Once again: I"m not saying that the ps3 controller is good, or even trying to say that it isnt a rip off. I admit it is. I'm just saying that it isnt a reason to hate a company with such zeal.

Posted by Speedfreak

This alone? Not really, no.

But Sony's track record of stealing?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Still not enough to warrant the hatred that people are displaying. You dont like them? Fine. Wishing death and bankruptcy on the company? A tad overboard. Wishing that while claiming not to be a fanboy? I'm going to call you on it.

And you're the authority we all look up to, spam. Your crappy, tasteless animated GIFs say to the world that your judgement is supreme, and we should all be ashamed of ourselves for thinking sony should at the very least drop back down to their well-earned status as a 5th-rate game developer instead of wielding influence that they do not deserve nor properly execute.

How do they not deserve it? They're a BUSINESS. They've used tactics to one up everyone else to put them in first. It may be underhanded, but it's what separates smart businesses from dead ones. It's really no different than Nintendo in the sense that they're trying to "disrupt" the competition.

You really can't hold such things against them. Though, I guess fanboys can, since that's one of the things that makes them fanboys.

Oh, and I lol'd at your ad-hom there. Clever.

Yes, my point exactly. sony's a business. They deal in the flow of little green slips of paper.

Nintendo is a business. They like the little green slips of paper, too. They also like coding, pixels, polygons, and everything in between.

If sony could do it, they'd skip the coding (and sometimes they have), pixels, polygons, and everything in between to sell shiny pieces of plastic and metal to consumers, meaning for them to do absolutely nothing with them, so long as they don't buy anyone else's. They don't have any love or ingenuity for games beyond a cold competative spirit that grabs hold of their fanbase and wrenches attention from them with false promises and outright lies. Nintendo at least appears to love their craft, and after watching Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie laughing it up with an average joe during a game of Wii Tennis, I'd have to say its sincere.

Quoted post: If sony could do it, they'd skip the coding (and sometimes they have), pixels, polygons, and everything in between to sell shiny pieces of plastic and metal to consumers, meaning for them to do absolutely nothing with them, so long as they don't buy anyone else's.

You say that like Sony's the only company that would take advantage of such an opportunity :rolleyes:

Quoted post: They don't have any love or ingenuity for games beyond a cold competative spirit that grabs hold of their fanbase and wrenches attention from them with false promises and outright lies. Nintendo at least appears to love their craft, and after watching Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie laughing it up with an average joe during a game of Wii Tennis, I'd have to say its sincere.

G[COLOR="White"]od,[/COLOR] you really think Sony is the bane of this world, don't you? But I HIGHLY doubt Sony would invest billions of dollars [more], risking a lot, than their competition if they didn't love their craft. Also, how come they can't have fun with their products, huh? Just because they didn't exactly show it on stage like Nintendo did, that doesn't mean they aren't back in their offices enjoying the hell out of what they're offering.

Nintendo just has a different vision, but that doesn't mean it's right or wrong, it's simply their own. And on the flip-side, who's to say Sony is wrong with believing the next step is really powerful consoles that extend beyond basic gaming? They've said it time and time again, this isn't a gaming machine, it's an entertain machine. And they believe that that's what is right. Sure it contrasts Nintendo's vision, but so what? It just gives people a wider choice and more variety. Because, to tell you the truth, I really DON'T want to constantly play motion-sensor games. I want something like an MGS4 and Heavenly Sword. By the looks of it, that's something I'd never get from Nintendo.

Oh, and Microsoft is no different than Sony. At least complain about them too if you're going to ramble on about Sony's disgrace to gaming.

Posted by Roger S Huxley

Nintendo has been asking for this since the very beggining, starting with them backing out of their contract with Sony, and going with Phillips CDi. Also, after they made up and Made the SNES with the PS/CDi compatibility., if I remember correctly, after Sega Genises CD addon failed, they cut the Disc based media out because they found it too expensive. Kutagari was pretty ****ed you could Imagine...And Thus, The Playstation is born.

I may have some facts mixed up. Im doing this out of memory, but this is baisically what happened.

Dont **** over people. Because it will come back and nip you in the bud. Or, in other words, Karma will rape your mother if you dont play nice.

Posted by Speedfreak

Also for the record, Sony didn't play nice when they partnered with Nintendo. Their contract involved Nintendo not making a cent on any of their CD-based games, with all of it going to Sony. Any company (with the possible exclusion of Sega) would have backed out of that ridiculous contract in any way possible.
Many people at the time were glad that Nintendo backed out as rudely as they could, because up until then no one dared defy the giant that was Sony. Next thing they new they were getting the finger from a short, vampire-like Japanese man by the name of Yamauichi.
It was essentially as[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]hole VS as[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]hole.

Lord of Spam: We are consumers. If Sony does something that is anti-consumer (and believe me, they have) then we have every right to hate them as a company.
Life isn't all peaches and cream, as much as we'd like to we can't "all just get along".
Sony f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck consumers over, consumers fight back and make petitions, tarnish their reputation and make their problems with them known. These are our rights, period.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm not sying you are wrong, but I dont recall Sony ever ****ing my over. In fact, what I recall is many hours of fun spent in front my py PS1/PS2.

Posted by Klarth

Most of the people who were really, really excited about PS2 were expecting it to be a lot better than it was (online hub, on-demand tv shows and movies, microsoft powerpoint, etc etc).

Posted by Unite

Quoting Lord of Spam: I'm not sying you are wrong, but I dont recall Sony ever ****ing my over. In fact, what I recall is many hours of fun spent in front my py PS1/PS2.

I agree with you lord of spam

I don't recall sony ever ****ing me over either.

speed and prince speak as if sony raped them or something on that level.

Such hatered isn't healthy

speed:

what has sony done to you personally?

Oh, yeah, I have fun with my PS2. But when did I buy it? Some time last year. After I knew that all the faults that appear in Sony consoles at launch had disappeared and some decent games were coming out (it was just before the release of *** of War, for those who want that timescale), and the fact that I'd waited meant I missed out on practically nothing, but could get the same console for £50. And I had that infra-red port on the front, too.

I mean, come on. At any launch, there's only what, two games at most that anyone wants? Not really enough to buy the system for. With the Wii, I'm interested in pretty much every single launch title. That's special.

EDIT: http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=9145 Professional backup!

Posted by Unite

Quoting Wings]Oh, yeah, I have fun with my PS2. But when did I buy it? Some time last year. After I knew that all the faults that appear in Sony consoles at launch had disappeared and some decent games were coming out (it was just before the release of *** of War, for those who want that timescale), and the fact that I'd waited meant I missed out on practically nothing, but could get the same console for £: http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=9145[/url] Professional backup!

Just because your interested in every single launch title, dosen't mean we all are. Also dosen't mean it's special, maybe to you. wings you probably missed out on few hard to get games.

Hard to get games? Like what?

And I know it doesn't mean that everyone's tastes are the same. But the point is that the Wii has got me excited about games that I wouldn't touch otherwise. Madden 07, for fuck's sake. The reason I'm excited about them is because of they way that they'll play. I know that maybe it's slightly blind, but what's always put me off about some games is that the buttons have so many combinations and they have no correlation to the moves in -game. Now, you actuall do shit.

Also, in regards to the Nintendo/sony partnership, the SNES PlayStation that sony showed to Nintendo was little more than a SegaCD. It didn't have anywhere near the power of the finished playstation console, and in conjunction with sony's dirty dealing in regards to the royalties, of course Nintendo told them where to shove it.

The video game industry is important to me. I feel that sony has damaged it, stunted its growth, and been rewarded for it, all the while not actually making any of the games that people have bought their systems for. Competition in the marketplace has been unbalanced because the main group of their consumers don't have independant thought enough in their heads to try anything but what their friends tell them is cool. The console wars between Nintendo and Sega were about Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, and Kirby vs. Sonic, Vectorman, Shinobi, Phantasy Star, and Shining Force. Now the console wars just seem to be about "Oooo. Shiny new sony logo" vs. "Wii? What's that? It's from Nintendo? It's for little kids, then." I don't like sony's hardware, I don't like the game design philosophies that it has given rise to, I don't like their controller, and I don't like their gamers. sony is a scourge upon the video game industry, and I won't be happy until they are brought so low that Nintendo can't even see them anymore.

You know, I'd never thought about the early gens like that. Now, pretty much the only comparisons that get made are Samus vs. Master Chief, or everything is touted as the next 'GTA-killer'. But that's it.

You bought the games that you wanted, right? And your friends told you how much better their games were on the other system, right? It was never about "Nintendo is this! Sega is that!" It was always about what new game was coming out for what system. Now sony fans might get all excited about some new game footage, and then get disappointed when it's revealed that it will come out for GAMECUBE instead of ps2...like Resident Evil 4 perhaps (yes, I know it eventually came out for ps2, but that wasn't always the way it was going to be)? As if they're physically incapable of buying a GAMECUBE for a fraction of the price that they would excitedly pay for a new sony system if it launched that day with no games at all.

I'm agreeing.

Posted by Speedfreak

Saddam never did anything to me personally, but I can still quite fairly think he's a prick, surely?

EDIT: Though having said that, they made me spend more on a clunky old PS2 than I did on my Gamecube. I also have to check my PC for their nasty rootkits that open it up to viruses. Not to mention that I always have to help my dad when their completely s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it PC software for video cameras and the like screws up, crashes or was just poorly designed in the first place.

EDIT 2: Oh, and they made me out to be some kind of nerd/loser/juvenile because I don't like playing games like Gran Turismo or Killzone on their crappy portable.

That last one was where it got personal, actually.

[quote=Wings]I'm agreeing.

Oh. I thought you were saying that you never thought of the early generations in terms of games vs. games. My apologies.

Posted by holy_flare

Most people I've met have been so obsessed with the PS2, PS3, XBox, and XBox 360 and act like the Gamecube is just some little toy. I HATE IT!!!!! Most of the time, I don't think those people that act like that really even pay close attention the all the other games out there. It seems like they only like games that involve lots of killing, blood, gore, and things like that.

Most games I play are rpg's that that have a good story or that may have some fighting (if any...some don't at all), but not a bunch of blood and gore in them. Games like Tales of Symphonia and Harvestmoon: Another Wonderful Life.

If they try the games (or read the back), then decide if they like them or not then that's fine with me, but if they judge the games by the look of the cover (without reading the back), then that's just not right.

There's more I have to say, but that's gonna wait till someone wants me to give more info or something like that.

Posted by holy_flare

Most of the old generations of games are the best games that were ever out there. At least that's what I think. It's fun to just get away from all of the perfect graphics and sounds and things and go back to the times where you have to hit your system just to turn it on. LOL:)

Most people would rather just move on into the future and keep moving ahead instead of looking back into the past every once in a while, to remember what things were like. Ok...getting too deep here...sorry, that's just me.

So anyway, it's fun to go back and play the old games, especially on the old systems. You can see how gaming has progressed and have fun getting fustrated with the old system because of how many times it freezes now since it's been so long since it first came out.

All I'm saying is that most of the older generations of games are the best because they are so old fashioned and don't really need much (not that they ever had much, LOL) to make them great games.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting holy_flare: Most people I've met have been so obsessed with the PS2, PS3, XBox, and XBox 360 and act like the Gamecube is just some little toy. I HATE IT!!!!! Most of the time, I don't think those people that act like that really even pay close attention the all the other games out there. It seems like they only like games that involve lots of killing, blood, gore, and things like that.

No kidding. It's torture to listen to a group of graphics/sex/gore enthusiasts that sit a few computers away during my 3D modeling class, all of whom quite enjoy ripping on the GameCube even if they don't have anything legitimate to hold against it. It's all I can do not to turn around and ask, "So do you actually play games, or just masterbate to them?"

Don't get me wrong, I know there are plenty of perfectly decent Sony and Microsoft fans who just don't have a taste for GameCube, but... we've all met people like the ones I'm refering to.

The problem isn't with the kids who think Nintendo is a toy and the Xbox360PS23 is a mature piece of tech, it's how all three are marketed and how the word "mature" is sold. Mature is blood, guts, gore, sex, and everything else X-rated. Kiddy is "E", kiddy is cel-shading and anything without blood. That's the problem.

If people stepped back and realised "oh shi- Mario isn't kiddy, he's just made so EVERYONE can enjoy his games". But that would require the effort of pulling and entire definition out of millions of kids' heads and replacing it with what it really means.

Because let's face it: Gut, gore, murder and sex isn't mature. Most of the time, it's horrible immature.

Posted by Fate

I don't think they literally mean "you have to be mature" when a game is rated M, so actual maturity or immaturity is irrelevant.

I abhor the fact that Nintendo doesn't appeal to the older demographic. It's either everyone or just children. They could do so much more with Metroid Prime (even though the game was amazing). I know blood and stuff isn't necessary, but it is more realistic when you're playing a shooter or something. Nobody says "wow blood" anymore.

Or at least give us the option to turn it on.
:cool:

Quoted post: I don't think they literally mean "you have to be mature" when a game is rated M, so actual maturity or immaturity is irrelevant.

Missed the point. Entirely.

Quoted post: Nobody says "wow blood" anymore.

Gears of War?

Posted by TendoAddict

Well honestly Nintendo's Kiddy Image seems to be fading with the Wii. This is probably because alot of the games and projects (Project hammer, Red Steel, Twilight, ect) literally have you wielding weapons to WTFPWN things.

And with things like the Wii gun shell its clear that Nintendo isnt shying away from more mature themes.

[quote] Nobody says "wow blood" anymore.
Yeah they do. They dont say wow blood in games that try and capitalize on blood. People say wow blood when the game play is good and the blood is only an affect to increase the mood.

Quoting Linko_16: "So do you actually play games, or just masterbate to them?"

Are you actually suggesting they pull one off to blood and gore?

But yeah, I'd rather play a game like Another Code than, say, Carmageddon. The first one's 3+, the latter, probably something like 16+, I dunno. But the point is that the first deals with so much more mature subjects, and is actually a lot harder. The other one is just driving and destroying crap mindlessly. The second one is rated 'mature'. Go figure.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Wings: Are you actually suggesting they pull one off to blood and gore?

It's pretty much the same thing. With masturbation, you're getting yourself a physical high without the complications of actually having a partner. You're just doing it for that high. The gore and violence in a videogame can get you a similar, instinctive high, so what does it matter if the game's really all that innovative or interesting otherwise? Know what I mean?

Well yeah, but if you're playing games and jerking, you'd be getting both, so yeah. I kind of see your point, but I wasn't really being serious.

Posted by Fate

I thought people enjoyed the PS2 because of amazing consistency in good game releases. :cookie:

The fanboyism is reaching ridiculous levels.

Lots of people bought the ps2 before there was any consistency in game releases, quality or otherwise, thus inducing game development.

Posted by Fate

That may be the case, but it seems to me as if Sony delivered in the end. Nintendo, however, did not. The consumers where shat upon towards the end of the GCN's life. It's not coming off until the Nintii is out.

I've got to say, I hate the name 'Nintii' more than the 'Wii'.

So the ideal scenario for the industry is that just because there's a possibility of a strong lineup in the future, gamers should buy an expensive piece of hardware, regardless of how developers currently feel about it, thus forcing developers to make their games for it instead of the hardware they'd rather develop for?

Posted by Unite

Quoting Prince Shondronai: So the ideal scenario for the industry is that just because there's a possibility of a strong lineup in the future, gamers should buy an expensive piece of hardware, regardless of how developers currently feel about it, thus forcing developers to make their games for it instead of the hardware they'd rather develop for?

prince your making a rather big assumption there that devlopers would rather just make games for nintendo consoles(sp).

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Unite]prince your making a rather big assumption there that devlopers would rather just make games for nintendo consoles(sp).

Ha! You're making the assumption that developers LIKE Sony hardware!

Posted by Proto Man

HA HA HA.... Thing is though, Sony goofed. When they went to put motion sensor stuff in, they had to take the rumble out, so now PS3 controllers HAVE NO RUMBLE! LOL

Quoting Unite: prince your making a rather big assumption there that devlopers would rather just make games for nintendo consoles(sp).

It's not so big an assumption given that developers said things like "ps2 is a pig to program for" and "We had difficulties with the hardware, but we struggled through and found ways to circumvent the bottlenecks..." when they were saying nothing of the sort about GAMECUBE and X-box. Couple that with the fact that GAMECUBE and X-box were more powerful than the ps2, and you've got an industry full of developers struggling to make underpowered games at the behest of their fans.

Quoted post: That may be the case, but it seems to me as if Sony delivered in the end. Nintendo, however, did not. The consumers where shat upon towards the end of the GCN's life. It's not coming off until the Nintii is out.

A first party like Nintendo, who takes forever to finish a game, can only support a console for so long. But at least they haven't totally given up on it. There's still Super Paper Mario and Zelda to look forward to.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Protoman: HA HA HA.... Thing is though, Sony goofed. When they went to put motion sensor stuff in, they had to take the rumble out, so now PS3 controllers HAVE NO RUMBLE! LOL

No, they took the force feedback out because they were ****ing SUED over it. They're just fumbling around for excuses to appease the legions of disappointed fans.

Quoted post: They're just fumbling around for excuses to appease the legions of disappointed fans.

like: "Rumble's a thing of the past".

The funny thing is that even if they weren't sued, they'd have to get rid of the rumble, as it would interfere with the motion sensors.

Posted by Klarth

Whoa, wait, so how does the force feedback in the Revmote not interfere with the motion sensitive? I know it senses pointing, position in space, rotation etc, but I thought it also sensed tilt?

Yeah, but it does it differently. The sensor bar makes a huge difference.

Quoted post: Yeah, but it does it differently. The sensor bar makes a huge difference.

The sensor bar might not even be there when the final console ships. They're trying to completely get rid of it.

Posted by Klarth

Surely they'd be able to incorporate the bar into the console? I'm hoping it'll still be there, though, simply because it uses the USB port and some nifty reverse engineering could take place.

Uh. Without the bar, there's almsot no way that forward-backward motion could be tracked. You'd lose a whole dimension.

Posted by Klarth

...But, surely, it could simply be tacked onto the front or side of the console?

Quoted post: Uh. Without the bar, there's almsot no way that forward-backward motion could be tracked. You'd lose a whole dimension.

Eh, that's what Nintendo's been hoping to do.

Posted by Speedfreak

Sensor bar is also for pointing and position, mind.

No, pointing and position is handled exactly the same way as light guns.

Quoted post: No, pointing and position is handled exactly the same way as light guns.

Pretty sure it isn't, since it then wouldn't work with some TVs.

Good point, but I'm fairly sure you can get light guns that work with LCD screens.

I'm not too bothered whether there's a sensor bar or not, as long as it works. It'll make the box ****ing huge though.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vampiro: like: "Rumble's a thing of the past".

So? It's still apart of the game. Ever since it's been out on N64, and then built into Playstation and GCN controllers, it's been kinda an expected thing. If I were a potential customer, I would be turned off if I found out PS3 had no rumble.

Quoted post: So? It's still apart of the game. Ever since it's been out on N64, and then built into Playstation and GCN controllers, it's been kinda an expected thing. If I were a potential customer, I would be turned off because of it.

It's force-feedback. I mean, chances are it'll play a much larger part in the future. But saying such things is just a way to make it seem unimportant. Thus, no longer a negative.

Quoting Wings: It'll make the box ****ing huge though.

Perhaps the bar will come in 2 or three sections that you plug together.

Perhaps, except I have a feeling that would be less accurate.