Anyone else feel this way?

Posted by thereaper84

I don't know, maybe its just me being strange but, after I beat Kingdom Hearts II, I felt sad and depressed. I don't know how to explain it. It is deffinately my favorite game though, it was awesome. Just for some weird reason and I still kinda feel this way. I feel sad and depressed, like i didn't want it to end and like I lost a good friend or something. Yeah, I just wanted to know if anyone else felt this way.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

That means you got into the story. Any good book, game, or movie can do that to a person. I guarantee that it happened to thousands of other people.
So yes, almost everyone else has felt that way, not all to KHII, but yes, we all know how you feel. :D[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Gray"]
Pansy... XD[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Posted by Arczu

Unexplainable feeling I guess? Emotion triggered from great unveiling. I felt kinda happy when I watched the ending.

Posted by thereaper84

lol thanks for calling me a pansy, lol. I know it sounded weird, I get into my video games. There's only been 2 games that have done that to me. KHII and FFIX.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I was joking with the whole pansy thing. It's good that you get into the story and not just play them for mindless non-value reasons (I'm looking at you GTA and GTA'ers).

Posted by thereaper84

I know you were. I don't know I like put myself in place of the main character and play it out that way.

Posted by Linko_16

I know exactly what you're talking about, though Kingdom Hearts II didn't leave me feeling that way.

Lol, but when my bro and I first saw the ending for the original, he was all heart-broken because they never shared a paupu fruit before they were separated.

Posted by Kairi*~

Thats how I am with final fantasy too....when I played the first KH i was so happy to see in the end that they were going to make a second....Getting attached to the story line is a very good thing and a very bad one...

I remember when my sis played FFX...she cried in the end and I had to calm her down...it was kinda odd but then I told her that there was goin to be a second one and it kinda made her feel better....

Posted by Red

Quoting thereaper84: I don't know, maybe its just me being strange but, after I beat Kingdom Hearts II, I felt sad and depressed. I don't know how to explain it. It is deffinately my favorite game though, it was awesome. Just for some weird reason and I still kinda feel this way. I feel sad and depressed, like i didn't want it to end and like I lost a good friend or something. Yeah, I just wanted to know if anyone else felt this way.

happens to me with every RPG I play even FF 10, you just don't want the game to end, games simply arn't long enough. 55 hours may seem like a long time but if u play it a bit every day it can be over with in a week I would like future KH games to be longer.

Quoting thereaper84: There's only been 2 games that have done that to me. KHII and FFIX.

FFIX did have a kind of emotional ending, but for me it's not so much the fact that I liked the story alot but sometimes the fact that I beat the game and had much fun playing it before that.

Quoting Linko 16: Lol, but when my bro and I first saw the ending for the original, he was all heart-broken because they never shared a paupu fruit before they were separated.

that ****ed me off too, even in KH2 they still never shared it.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Mr.Red: that ****ed me off too, even in KH2 they still never shared it.

I figured they would, but I guess the wall etchings were symbolic enough for Square.

Posted by Roger S Huxley

Ive only had one instance that something from a game realy made me cry, and when I mean cry, I overdid it. It was in Legend of Dragoon when [spoiler] Lavitz, my favorite character in the whole game, was killed, and it filled me with not only sadness, but extreme anger and hate >.> [/spoiler] Of course, I was a lot younger back then, and I do have a few emotional issues. Im not afraid to admit that.

Posted by thereaper84

Quoting Roger S Huxley: Ive only had one instance that something from a game realy made me cry, and when I mean cry, I overdid it. It was in Legend of Dragoon when [spoiler] Lavitz, my favorite character in the whole game, was killed, and it filled me with not only sadness, but extreme anger and hate >.> [/spoiler] Of course, I was a lot younger back then, and I do have a few emotional issues. Im not afraid to admit that.

I loved Legend of Dragoon, it was a well made game.

Posted by Phantasma2

Quoted post: Ive only had one instance that something from a game realy made me cry, and when I mean cry, I overdid it. It was in Legend of Dragoon when Lavitz, my favorite character in the whole game, was killed, and it filled me with not only sadness, but extreme anger and hate >.>

[COLOR="Black"]Ah, that part for me too got me to feel some sadness.[/COLOR]

Quoted post:
Originally Posted by Mr.Red
that ****ed me off too, even in KH2 they still never shared it.

[COLOR="Black"]The game sucked, at the end there was no kissing.[/COLOR]

Posted by Sean the Wicked

There were some tears for the ending of KHII, especially the whole ending with Sora and Riku before the game moves on to the real ending. The part that really hit me hard though, was when Sora was sitting in front of Kairi in the water before the credits, and she reached out her hand and he took it, and she said "Welcome home" or something like that. Plus, Sanctuary didn't help too much either.

I guess I got really involved in the story, I mean, all RPG games really are, is a playable movie/book. So I don't find it out to feel any of kind of emotion towards it.

Posted by Brandon Heat

Ihave felt this way in the middle of a game before. (Tales of Legendia) ***[Spoiler]When Stella sacraficed herself to save Gadoria, I cried[/spoiler]***
When you get into 70+ hour games you get really attached to the charachters. In ToL I laughed, I cried, I really felt for the charachters.

Posted by Winky

I felt the opposite. I felt so relieved on beating the game. Like once I stopped fighting I just sat back and loved and enjoyed the 20-30 minute ending (it was so long). I did want more at the end but that never made me feel sad.

Posted by Kingdomkeys

man, in kh2. when i was at THE ALTAR OF NAUGHT, WHEN THE KH DOOR POPS UP AND IS SAYS GO IN OR NEED A MOMENT TO CALM DOWN, I HAD TO CALL MY FRIEND (WHO IS NUTS ABOUT KH TOO) TO CALM ME DOWN I WAS SOO EXCITED!

Posted by Arcadios

Believe it or not I actually felt said at the end of Final Fantasy X.......Don't know why I'm a sucker for love stories thats why I like Inuyasha.:D

EDIT*
But I strived to get 100% on the jiminy journal to shove in my friends faces so I basically got it before anyone else in my group.

Posted by Kestryl

Trust me, I get it all the time. Especially at the end of every Harry Potter book. Which means I'm gonna be a wreck after the next book (the last).

It's like... you're happy you got to experience it all, and finished it. But you're sad about it ending. Even though it doesn't really end. The story still continues, even if it's not documented.

Posted by Ayu

dont worry a lot of people feel the same about the endings of games heck i was upset when demyx died lol anyway the ending gave me the same feeling i couldnt play the game for lika week weird ik i got over it though