Music Board

Posted by Xenos

Maybe I'm a bit slow on things, and if that is the case, sorry and ignore me... but didn't the MB have 11k worth of posts? What happened to it?

Posted by Klarth

Oh snap - I can't find the old "now playing" thread. Seems someone had the initiative to delete it despite it being a loooong way off the front page.

But... Why? Someone trying to cover up a scandal?

Posted by Xenos

Jess, can you check the Mod Log?

Posted by Dexter

I physically removed it. Afterwards I noticed my post count go down about 400 - 500 and I was like "oh, snap, forgot that would happen." I didn't know why there were two of the same threads and thought it was pointless and for some reason didn't realize it would take posts counts away and I suppose I made a mistake removing it...or maybe not. Newbie super mod mistake. Sorries.

But about the mod log, is there a way for us super mods to view it? I'm always curious about who did what.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

we can view the mod logs on threads and posts that haven't been physically removed. If they're physically removed though, they get removed from the database, along with the mod logs on it. Only way to get them back is to run a database back up, which is pointless in this case because it'll send the whole forum back a few days. I don't know about the admin logs though, but those super mods can't see.

Anyway, I don't think it's a big a deal. Super Mods are allowed a couple of beginner's mistakes. I made a couple when I first became one.

Posted by Dexter

I don't think it is a big deal, either, unless you're like me and don't like losing 500 posts! :( Also, the thread might have been fun to go through a year from now so we could see what we used to listen to and giggle about it. I didn't think anyone cared or even rememberd that thread. I'm surprised Klarth does.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er, if there's two threads that are the same, simply merge them!!!! See the 'Moderation' stuff after the last reply!!!!

Or lock it!!!!

Posted by Dexter

I could have merged it but it was so old and already closed/locked up. Not to mention the newer version already has tons of contributions. I should have just left it alone, really. I didn't think it would take everyone's posts away, which was the biggest problem.

Posted by Jesse Smith

The only times threads should be deleted are naughty threads!! :D

With it being locked, it would of just slowly gone to page two, then three...where no one would see it and no one would lose there PC...and search engines would continue to have it indexed...bringing visitors here!!! Who knows, one day that thread could of ended up the next KH thread that bombed as with visitors!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Dexter

So true. Lesson learned. I have just become a better super moderator. :cookie:

Posted by Jesse Smith

Now, once you said you had a lot of great ideas, but you had to be a Super Mod to do them!! Now you can do them!!! :D

Posted by Dexter

I had great ideas, but they were ideas that could only be done during those times. You missed your opportunity for some crazy posting action and heavy traffic, Jesse. :(

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting Dexter: So true. Lesson learned. I have just become a better super moderator. :cookie:

Atleast it wasn't as bad as my first super mod mistake. I tried pruning out some spammer's posts, and ended up pruning half a forum because I couldn't understand the pruning options (on vB2). Consider yourself lucky. :cookie:

Posted by Linko_16

... I forgot we have a Music Board. I should check it out more often.

Posted by Dexter

It is a music forum. Off topic, NES, and music are all forums. VGC, game wire, and Mist of Avalon would be boards. Right?

Posted by Linko_16

That's how I usually refer to them, true, but I think they're more or less interchangable. People'll know what you're saying.

I remember now why I never went in the Music Forum... I really just don't follow popular music. >.>;

Posted by Dexter

Popular music isn't the only type of music discussed in the music forum. You'd be surprised at how unpopular most of the music that is often discussed in there actually is. Much of the music talked about in there is barely known in America.

Posted by Ant

I think what Linko meant was popular music among the crowds of people here. In which case, same goes for me.

And no worries about what happened Dexter :) I remember when I first became a mod I noticed I could see the IP Address of people in the "Who's Online" section, and made a thread about it in the board help section. Then Corrupt told me that it's one of those things that comes with being a mod. :angel:

Edit: typo fix lol

Posted by Dexter

I'm not worried about what I did. I really didn't care that much and didn't think anyone else would either.

If you're not into the music that is commonly discussed, you could always make threads about the music you enjoy. Perhaps you'll introduce a few people to something new and get some interesting feedback from those who already know it.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Dexter]I didn't think anyone cared or even rememberd that thread. I'm surprised Klarth does.
It was pretty hard to forget. Richaod, bj and rivercitytecmo let the whole thing escalate into "lol you like dream theater" arguments, so Gar locked it.

[quote]VGC, game wire, and Mist of Avalon would be boards. Right?
Wrong. Mists of Avalon is a ghost town and Game Wire is a retard convention.

Also, it's kind of really unlikely that you'll encounter anything in the music board which isn't metal or electronica.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Klarth: Wrong. Mists of Avalon is a ghost town and Game Wire is a retard convention.

What's VGC??!!! You got to flame these boards, since they got a messed up wacko for an Admin!!! :D:D:D:D