Post counts

Posted by Klarth

Right, I'm only bringing this up because I know that Vamp hit his 8000th post recently, and I hit my 7000th. However, we both seem to have dropped significantly as far as post count goes... Out of interest, what's been deleted?

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I think Dexter is jealous, therefore he is doing what he can to hold you back.

In seriousness though, I don't know. I haven't deleted anything you and/or Vampiro have contributed to in a while. You both generally seem to post A LOT though, so it'd hard for anyone to actually tell.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah, we do, and we should go outside once in a while :( But yeah, I'm just wondering whether a huge thread has been deleted, or post counts have been disabled in a certain area or something.

Posted by Iris

Something probably got deleted or moved into a forum that doesn't count posts. Either way it's not a huge amount of posts that you're missing, so I'm sure you can get back to 7,000 today or tomorrow.

Posted by Ant

Wasn't the old "What are you listening to?" thread that was locked that got deleted?

Glad I hardly ever post in that one :cool2:

Posted by Jesse Smith

On the super secret Mod board, Dexter admited to deleting it.

Posted by GameMiestro

Since Dexter's post count never increases, I guess this is just his way of staying on top.

Posted by Dexter

Uhh, I think I lost more posts from physically removing that thread than anyone else did.

Posted by GameMiestro

Was this just a way for you to keep you post count under 10,700 then?

Posted by Dexter

No, the reason it was removed had nothing to do with post counts. I wasn't even considering people's posts counts when I removed it. I was somehow under the illusion that no one was going to lose or miss anything. I seem to remember a time when members wouldn't lose their posts if something was eradicated from VGC. If you make a post, you have one more post count, regardless if the thread you posted in is later taken away.

Posted by GameMiestro

So, there's no conspiracy behind this?

Just a simple, honest thread deletion?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Yeah, we do, and we should go outside once in a while

wat iz outside?!

Anywho, who cares. Simple mistake.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting GameMiestro: So, there's no conspiracy behind this?

k, you got me. I didn't want anyone to see that I was listening to "Soda Pop" by Britney. :(

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Dexter]If you make a post, you have one more post count, regardless if the thread you posted in is later taken away.

I tried that in my weblog, and my post count was lowered... wait, this is a philisophical comment, isn't it?