What Baseball Game Should I Buy?

Posted by Big Boss

As I'm watching the bottom of the 14th between my Braves and our eternal rivals, The NY Mets, I stumbled upon this article from GameSpot. For the few of you that are still on the fence on what baseball game to get, check it out.

[url="http://www.gamespot.com/features/6149128/index.html"]2006 Baseball Roundup[/url]

I'm having fun with Sony's MLB '06: The Show. The presentation is great, although I miss the crazy stat-tracking for my stat-loving self found in MLB2K6.

Oh, ****, we lost. :(

Posted by Al Borland

2k6 is really not a good game at all. The graphics are nice but they somehow managed to make the players look like crap at the same time. Probably the thing that's worst about the game is the way each player swings. It looks like they throw their whole body into the ball rather than waiting back and shifting their weight as they swing. Their player ratings are a joke too, Smoltz is about 20 ranks higher than Jake Peavy is in the game. MVP 06 is easily the best I've ever played. If they still had the license the game would have been absolutely perfect.