IE 7 Beta 2!

Posted by Proto Man

So, has anyone tried the latest beta yet? It would seem that they have fixed a lot of the bugs from Beta 2 preview. I just might keep this one...

Posted by Klarth

NEWSFLASH: INTERNET EXPLORER SUCKS.

Posted by higbvuyb

Actually, some people who know more about computers than you said that it was about as good as Firefox, if not better*. And, faster too.

[spoiler]*for the average user, Firefox is obviously better for people who at least know what a command prompt is.[/spoiler]

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Klarth: NEWSFLASH: INTERNET EXPLORER SUCKS.

I've said it before, and I will say it again. I never have had any problems with Internet Explorer myself.

Anyhow, here are some of the problems that I had with the with Beta 2 preview that they have fixed in this version.

[LIST]
[*]The toolbar was a bit buggy, a tool would sometimes dissapear and re-appear while I was doing my normal browsing.

[*]The new tabs opened can be made to actually go to the home page instead of being blank.

[*]It doesn't conflict with McAfee anymore.
[/LIST]

Plus, since the Beta 2 Preview has come out, Google finally came out with a toolbar specifically for IE 7, Google Toolbar Beta, which I think is pretty sweet too.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Protoman]The toolbar was a bit buggy, a tool would sometimes dissapear and re-appear while I was doing my normal browsing.
This happens to me on IE 6. It does not happen on Firefox. As such, I use Firefox.

[quote]The new tabs opened can be made to actually go to the home page instead of being blank.
What if we want to save time by having them blank and thus not wasting bandwidth? What you've just said isn't a good thing.

[quote]It doesn't conflict with McAfee anymore.
Antivirus software is for retards.

[quote=higbvuyb]Actually, some people who know more about computers than you said that it was about as good as Firefox, if not better*.
That may well be because Internet Explorer is developed by a multi-billion dollar corporation with all the resources it needs right in its hands, whereas Firefox is a relatively small open-source effort.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Klarth: This happens to me on IE 6. It does not happen on Firefox. As such, I use Firefox.

That has never even happened to me on IE 6. But different things happen on different computers, so I am not going to dispute it.

Quoted post: What if we want to save time by having them blank and thus not wasting bandwidth? What you've just said isn't a good thing.

I happen to like having my tabs open to a webpage like you would opening up a complete new window, and not being blank. Other people probably thought so too, which is why they put that in there.

[QUOTE]Antivirus software is for retards.

I think many members here would agree, that statement right there is retarded.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Protoman]
I happen to like having my tabs open to a webpage like you would opening up a complete new window, and not being blank. Other people probably thought so too, which is why they put that in there.
...You're not obliged to have multiple blank tabs open at one time. You do realise this, right?

[quote]
I think many members here would agree, that statement right there is retarded.
Poll them, then.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Klarth: ...You're not obliged to have multiple blank tabs open at one time. You do realise this, right?

Yes, I know that. But I at least want it to come up to the home page when I open something new, like it would if you opened a new window.

Quoted post: Poll them, then.

Fine, I will...