Help! need to download Anti Viruses Spyware

Posted by Max Mouse

I need a link to a good virus/spyware remover. I have Windows XP.

Posted by GameMiestro

[URL="http://www.symantecstore.com/v2.0-img/operations/symantus/site/promo/pd/sidebyside.htm"]http://www.symantecstore.com/v2.0-img/operations/symantus/site/promo/pd/sidebyside.htm[/URL]

You'll have a hard time getting a free one, but Norton is pretty good.

Posted by Klarth

Norton is ****, and only morons are susceptible to viruses. Lavasoft Adaware if you have spyware, Windows reinstall for viruses.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, it's fairly difficult to get a virus if you aren't an idiot. I haven't had one in a long time.

But if you want something for free, like Norton, just download a torrent. that's what I did. There's no way in hell I'd pay, what, 60 bucks for it?

Posted by keyartist

yeah I think norton sucks also, it gives you reminders after reminders, and it costs money.If you wanna not get any viruses don't go to insecure sites, don't download. I think tht you can remove soyware youself but I don't know how.

Quoted post: don't download.

You can download whatever you want, just as long as you're not dumb about it.

Posted by GameMiestro

If you use Norton correctly, it's really useful, even outside of virus protection... Fast Find and the ability to quickly edit file icons is fun. Too bad they aren't on some versions of the software. I don't see how you can say it sucks when it has clearly been shown to block viruses efficiently, in other words, do its job. And it doesn't matter how dumb you are, if a hacker is determined enough, he can and will attack your computer. That's when anti virus software really becomes useful...

Quoted post: And it doesn't matter how dumb you are, if a hacker is determined enough, he can and will attack your computer.

Has anyone even been hacked here?

Posted by higbvuyb

I doubt anyone would really bother.

I've never had a virus in my entire lifetime.

Posted by shep

may I suggest [url]www.majorgeek.com/[/url] or majow what ever it is(I haven't been in a while),but it was a good site and [url]www.download.com/[/url]