DS Lite

Posted by Drewboy64

129 in June 11 for America! http://ds.ign.com/articles/704/704875p1.html

Posted by Colonel

Ah i was hoping it was gonna come out befor June 6th, because i wanted to take it on my trip to Quebec.

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, but it's just a few days after my summer break starts. I have to start mulching my yard, whihc will take a few decades, so I can get money.

Posted by Dog

now ill wait for that to come out before i buy a DS.

Posted by Drewboy64

I will not be getting an Icey Blue DS unless the other colors come out a quickly after the white one does.

Posted by Keael

Quoting Shdig: now ill wait for that to come out before i buy a DS.

The original DS will probably stay the same price.

Posted by XxLionheartXx

buying it...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

June 11? Ugh. So long...

I figured it would release in time for the New SMB.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I'm going to import a black one, I think.

Posted by Klarth

The black ones haven't been officially announced, but there's a picture of one on the front of Nintendo's japanese site, so wtf.

You sure that isn't just a navy one? It looks sort of blue if you're refering to this picture:
[IMG]http://www.nintendo.co.jp/top1/01.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=9024

can't find any actual proof, but meh.

Posted by GameMiestro

I want a translucent purple DS lite. Just like every other handheld I have...

Posted by Keael

Quoting GameMiestro: I want a translucent purple DS lite. Just like every other handheld I have...

Eww.. translucent purple systems are a thing of the past...

Posted by GameMiestro

Erm... well, I cant really argue with that, but if they don't have purple, I'll get black. Black is "in", right?

Quoted post: can't find any actual proof, but meh.

Yeah... that's definitely black. Hopefully they'll announce the new colour at E3 at get it ready in time for the North American release.

Posted by Keael

Good, because I'm not importing.

Posted by Random

Heh that new Mario Bro's game is coming out for the DS huh? I really think Nintendo should slap Mario RPG on the DS. That'd kick***. I'll probably pick up a DS lite. Thats what i've been more or less waiting for. I picked up an SP a couple months back to keep me occupied til the Lite comes out.

Super Mario RPG will be downloadable on Wii.

Posted by GameMiestro

So can Super Metroid, I figure. However, the Wii is a console, not the DS, and downloading games is nowhere near as fun as actually owning physical data- if I really wanted to download games, I would just terminally apprehend them from certain free sites online, and play them on a computer.

Yeah, but the difference is how you play it.

Posted by GameMiestro

I'm just upset with the idea that Super Metroid will never be on a handheld (excluding those PSP pirates), simpily because we can download onto the Wii. In fact, it makes sense that they gave the Wii that capability, so they can continue making money on older games even when the GBA is being phased out.

I wouldn't be surprised in Super Metroid was an unlockable in the next 2D Metroid.

Besides, it was a console game in the first place, wtf.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Wings]I wouldn't be surprised in Super Metroid was an unlockable in the next 2D Metroid.

If there's another 2-D Metroid. :(

Well, I've a strong feeling that Dread has only been shelved, not cancelled.

Besides, if you look at what the new Alone in the Dark is doing, I'd be surprised if Nintendo didn't offer a similar service - new games for download for a fee, or a cart for DS that you could download games to from Wii (which is wishful thinking, but meh).

Posted by GameMiestro

I want the Lite to be able to use wi-fi without any form of internet connection. But will Nintendo deliver?

That's just impossible.

Posted by Kestryl

Well, it's great they've got a date.
It's bad I have no money... still.
I was planning on getting a DS regular, but I'll just hold out, now. If they're both the same price, I'll go for light. If it's different... well, I'll see then.
It wouldn't make sense if they were the same price. You would expect Nintendo to at least dock off $20. Unless they want hundreds of regular DSs sitting on the shelves... unbought, uncared for...

Posted by neofreak91

I just got my ds Lite and super marios

Posted by dmanz91

Has anyone pre-ordered one? if so were at?

Posted by dmanz91

sry if you have send me an aim at dmanz90210 plz

Posted by Pit

Use this next time sir!

I did, at the English version of EBGames. Then I refunded it, as it was pointless.

I'm not paying £60 for a longer battery life when I can pay £20 for a new battery.

Posted by Pit

and you know, the longer stylus, smaller and better looking system, brighter light, yup, yeah

All of which I have no use for. I'm used to small styli, having had a P900 phone for years. I've never found it to be a problem, either; in fact, a bigger stylus on a smaller system would be a bigger problem for me. Despite reports of the current DS being as ugly as the devil's face, I really don't think it's that bad. I don't like the way the Lite has that clear covering around it, either, and I'm not a fan of the iPod styling of everything right now.
Size and comfort has never been an issue for me, either. And the only time I've ever had trouble seeing my DS screen was when I was outside in bright sunlight, and it was only to check the time anyway. If it's that bright outside, I'm not going to be playing computer games.

Been shot down enough yet, or should I go on?

Posted by Pit

Your only reasoning was the longer battery life. MAYBE HAD YOU SAID ALL THOSE THINGS BEFORE, I WOULDN'T HAVE SAID ANYTHING, WINGS.

lol fag

My only reasoning was the longer battery life, because that's the only thing that appeals to me at all.

Do try to keep up, honey.

Posted by Pit

ewwwww, don't call me honey man, that's creepy, even ovar da internet

Posted by Apathetic

They made a new one already! I hardly even got to play my DS. So is the lite completely taken over the DS or do people still play on the DS and stuff?

Quoted post: They made a new one already! I hardly even got to play my DS. So is the lite completely taken over the DS or do people still play on the DS and stuff?

From what I can tell, the DSL will overtake the DS eventually. Just not right away. I think they'll be selling them until they run out of stock, then it's all DSL from there.

Posted by Apathetic

Poop, it seemed like they didnt give enough time for the DS to sell. Well thats just me anyways good to know. I probably wont buy anymore DS games now or just not as many as I would. Anyone know about DSL wi-fi capabilities, like will it be using the same connecter as the DS? Time to internet surf.

Quoted post: Poop, it seemed like they didnt give enough time for the DS to sell.

They had it out for more than a year. Which I believe is the average for Nintendo.

Quoted post: Anyone know about DSL wi-fi capabilities, like will it be using the same connecter as the DS? Time to internet surf.

It's no different as far as I know.

Posted by Klarth

Apparently they're not manufacturing the original DS anymore.

Posted by Colonel

Im getting the new DS Lite tomorrow YAY.

They've been selling the for the past couple of days here. Haven't bothered to get one yet, since I'm waiting for some different colours to come out.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Apathetic: Poop, it seemed like they didnt give enough time for the DS to sell. Well thats just me anyways good to know.

What the **** are you talking about?

Didn't Nintendo sell like over 10 million DS units in japan alone... in the time given that's ****ing great.

Posted by Apathetic

I meant for me, I never got enough time to buy all these games. Heck I hardly even got to playing my current games. Guess I was just to busy doing something else. I saw a commercial and it looked like they used the same games though so yay.

Quoted post: I meant for me, I never got enough time to buy all these games. Heck I hardly even got to playing my current games. Guess I was just to busy doing something else. I saw a commercial and it looked like they used the same games though so yay.

You do realise it's just a fancier DS, right? It's not the next generation in Nintendo handhelds. You can still play all your old games, you can still play all the new games... and you can still use your old DS. This upgrade is just for those who really want it and those who don't own a DS yet. Nintendo's always done this.

Posted by Apathetic

Oh cool, thanks for explaining it for my Vampiro. So woot for not buying into a fancy machine, take pride in your DS yeah!

Posted by Colonel

Today im going to St.Catharines (Not that any of you know where that is) to go pick up a Nintendo DS Lite at Future Shop, i hope they have enough.

Quoted post: Today im going to St.Catharines (Not that any of you know where that is) to go pick up a Nintendo DS Lite at Future Shop, i hope they have enough.

I live three minutes away from that Futureshop.

Quoted post: Oh cool, thanks for explaining it for my Vampiro. So woot for not buying into a fancy machine, take pride in your DS yeah!

I don't take pride in it. The new DS makes the old one feel and look like garbage.

Posted by Drewboy64

I'm getting mine tomrrow, but my bro got one and MAN it is amazing.

Posted by Apathetic

Quoting Vampiro:

I don't take pride in it. The new DS makes the old one feel and look like garbage.

:(

It's actually true though.

Posted by nich

Yup, went to Futureshop the one .hack// spoke of (he's my younger brother) and picked one up. I have to say I'm impressed, it's pretty much alot better in every way. The reduced weight is especially nice, holding it feels alot better. And the screens, I saw colours I didn't even know were there before.

Posted by Pit

Man does that old brick feel like **** compared to the lite

Posted by Colonel

I have a question about our Lite. How do i transfer my Wi Fi data from my original DS to my Lite? and if i transfer it onto our Lite does taht mean i can no longer play Wi Fi on my Original DS?

Boot up a WiFi compatible game, go to the setup, and hunt around - you'll find somewhere that says 'transfer settings' or similar. You can then send that configuration to the other DS, which receives it the same way, I think, altough it might be through Download Play. It is then deleted from the first DS.

Yes, you'll be able to connect with both DSes, but if you want to keep the same profile - the same Hunter's License, Tetris rating, etc - and the same firend codes, you'll need to transfer the data to whichever one you're paying at the time.

Posted by GameMiestro

I'll get one of these on EBay soon...

Posted by Arczu

If the wieght really is making a big difference, I might consider getting one in the future. My hands do get a bit tired after awhile holding the current DS so maybe it would be good to get.

My sister is getting it... but she's being a little foolish and paying $180 for it. It sells in our stores for about $139.

Posted by Drewboy64

holy crap, i started this thread?
I'm planning to buy my ds lite soon, and I'm thinking of selling my old ds for 70 bucks to a friend. I don't want to loose it forever, so I'll just sell it to him.

Holy mustard, that's a good idea. I might eBay my DS. It's got Miyamoto's signature on it.

Posted by Xero

You know...I wont get a DS lite. I dont really care about the new size and all these changes. I'm fine with my old one. It works and I'm fine with that.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Flame ghost: You know...I wont get a DS lite. I dont really care about the new size and all these changes. I'm fine with my old one. It works and I'm fine with that.

Same with me. My DS is fine, right now, so I'm going to keep it.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Burrito: Same with me. My DS is fine, right now, so I'm going to keep it.

LOL!

I concur with that LOL! and in fact double it.

Oh, and I'm buying my DSL on Saturday. yeah

Posted by Red

I think DSL is a money grabbing scheme, why couldn't they have just worked out there problems the first time around instead of making a second DS.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Mr.Red: I think DSL is a money grabbing scheme, why couldn't they have just worked out there problems the first time around instead of making a second DS.

They realized they could have made it better, and they also want more money. You'd do they same if you were in their position.

Wings - Does it really have Miyamoto's Signature on it?

It does. Next time I restart my PC I'll connect up my webcam and show you.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Wings: Holy mustard, that's a good idea. I might eBay my DS. It's got Miyamoto's signature on it.

Mine had Joanna Lumley's signature on it.

I made a

I always thought that was far too much profit.

Posted by Drewboy64

Mine has my now faded away signature on it...

My brother said he would buy me a DS Lite before our summer trip on wednesday, but he hasn't yet. I will force him to buy it tomorrow, and then pay him back slowly.

Posted by Klarth

I picked mine up today.

Brightscreen is BRIGHT.

Posted by Bebop

I finally got mine today after a delayed post. And Metroid Prime Hunters ;*

Posted by Drewboy64

Man, the DS Lite's batteries are miles above the DS it seems. I haven't charged my DS Lite for 4 days, and since then I've been playing it. A LOT. We did lots of wireless (which drains batteries) mario kart and tetris, and I almost always used brightness 3 or 4. They just now turned red, and the light turns back to green on the lower 2 brightnesses. That is quite amazing.

Posted by Dexter

I just got my Nintendo DS Lite. I got the polar white colour. I ordered it off Amazon. I'm not sure exactly what games I'm going to get. I know I want Nintendogs...

Posted by Klarth

Get Metroid so I can beat your ***.

Posted by Pit

Mario Kart man
Mario Kart.

bust up those red sparks and snakkeeee snaaaaaaaakeeee, snaaaaaaaaaakeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted by Dexter

I'm thinking I'll get Brain Age. Aesthetic has a few games (such as Nintendogs and Mario) and when we move in together I'll have those. I think Brain Age will keep me busy until then. I was also thinking of getting Super Peach!

Oh, and Metroid is one that I will eventually get, but I just finished Echoes this last spring and I don't feel like I could handle another Metroid adventure at the moment. Give me a few more months.

Brain Age is very good, and Metroid will have you addicted until you realise that everyone in the world is better than you at it.

Any WiFi Connection games will have to be played on a single DS if you want to keep your Friend Codes.

Quoted post: I was also thinking of getting Super Peach!

Have fun being horribly bored. I mean, it's not a bad game, but it's so easy and so uninteresting that it won't hold your attention for more than a couple hours. Which, by that time, you should have beaten the game.

Get Castlevania and Kirby.

Posted by Dexter

Thanks for the advice, Vamp. I decided to get Brain Age and ordered it earlier. I'm looking forward to recieving my new toys. I'll probably get another game next month.

Posted by Arcadios

When I got my DSL it came with a dead pixel near the center of the top screen.
It get's annoying after awhile of playing but I might get use to it.
I'm still thinking if I should return it for another one.

Posted by GameMiestro

I want some Pokemon or FF3 right about now... I'd also like something either with Wi-fi or is good with single cartridge multiplayer. Mario Kart works well with this. Advance Wars does not.

Posted by Dexter

My Nintendo DS Lite came in yesterday. I love it. Brain Age is a wonderful game, but I'm having a difficult time with the small amount of time I am supposed to spend on my file each day. I should have a back-up game to play after I get the daily brain activities done.

You do realise you can keep playing them, right? It just doesn't record your scores.

Just create another file if you want it to record your scores again.

Posted by Dexter

I know I can. I keep wanting to make my profile better and make progress though. That's my problem. If I had another game to make progress in after my brain age activities, it would work out nicely.

Posted by Colonel

I think you should get Trauma Centre: Under the Knife. In retail stores at the end of July. FAN-CY! :cookie2:

Quoted post: I think you should get Trauma Centre: Under the Knife. In retail stores at the end of July. FAN-CY!

More like last October.