Chat delay

Posted by GameMiestro

Why is it that when posting in the chat room, there is a huge delay between when we post a message and when it actually appears? And why is the default chat room for Sim Battle?

Posted by Klarth

1) The chat room only refreshes once every ten seconds or so.
2) Nobody knows.

Posted by keyartist

Well it may be do to the fact of how fast this site is growing.

Posted by NES Queen

chat..... room?

Posted by GameMiestro

Chat room. Chat site. Whatever you call it.

Posted by NES Queen

no, i mean, i didn't know we even had one. it refreshes way too much and makes me dizzy

Posted by Arczu

I don't bother with them. Usually have some wierd people or something.

Posted by keyartist

Mine I have to refresh myself. It is slow but its all we got.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting GameMiestro: And why is the default chat room for Sim Battle?

It's the most populer chat room.

Quoting GameMiestro: Why is it that when posting in the chat room, there is a huge delay between when we post a message and when it actually appears?

Quoting NES Queen: it refreshes way too much and makes me dizzy

er....there's a huge delay....er no, it refreshes way too much, er no, huge delay, er no, refreshes way too much.....:D:D:D

er who's right!!! :D

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Jesse Smith: er who's right!!! :D

me of course :D

i dunno, i was trying to scroll through to see what had already been said and every 2 seconds it jumped me back to the top and wouldnt let me read anything. plus its doing this even if there are no new posts. plus im used to new posts showing up on the bottom, not top. plus theres people in there using unreadable font.

so i'll just pretend i still dont know it exists.

Posted by Jesse Smith

It uses an auto meta refresh. That page has no idea when some one posts hince all the refreshes. There's no script in the main frame. The script adds the text to that page.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Jesse is old fashioned, and CGI is crap. Hey Jesse, learn some Ajax and make ones that show the messages instantly without meta refreshing. That way, you wouldn't have to use the messy frameset.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er, um, er...cgi rocks!!!!! :D

Posted by keyartist

If he upgrades with instant, will we still have avatars and sigs?

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting keyartist: If he upgrades with instant, will we still have avatars and sigs?

:rolleyes:

read the thread title. CHAT. posting on forums is not chatting.