Naff, Naff Naffest Game

Posted by Di22y

Whats the naffest game you've played on the GC, I only got mine this crimbo so havent really played that many titles but I did manage to borrow a copy of Eternal Darkness, ay, ay whats that all about how bobbins is that, just NAFF.

Posted by Klarth

Anything Simpsons-themed.

Cringe.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Di22y]Whats the naffest game you've played on the GC, I only got mine this crimbo so havent really played that many titles but I did manage to borrow a copy of Eternal Darkness, ay, ay whats that all about how bobbins is that, just NAFF.

You sound like Dr. Seuss. Whatever you're talking about, I'll just say Mario Party 4.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

[quote=Di22y]Whats the naffest game you've played on the GC, I only got mine this crimbo so havent really played that many titles but I did manage to borrow a copy of Eternal Darkness, ay, ay whats that all about how bobbins is that, just NAFF.I'm assuming this is British slang, being as Klarth didn't flame the crap out of you. Klarth, mind being my translator?

Posted by Zeta

[quote=Wikipedia]Naff is British slang. It has several meanings:

Something which is seen to be particularly "cheesy" or "tacky". An example of a sentence in which it might be used is, "Did you see that Doctor Who repeat on the TV last night? I've never seen such naff sets!"
A general curse word, which gained widespread usage in the 1970s, when the word was used in the TV series Porridge, in order to get around television censorship at the time. The word was most famously used by Princess Anne towards press photographers. [1]
Heterosexual. The word first gained usage amongst those of the gay subculture in London. Part of the gay polari slang of the 1950s and 1960s, the word was used as a dismissive term towards heterosexuals. It has been suggested that the word Naff is an acronym for "Not Available For ****ing", or "Normal as ****". However, they are more likely to be backronyms.

Posted by Burrito

British slang is entertaining. :)