I'm new xbox 360 owner....

Posted by Unite

Anyways this my first microsoft console, i bought a premium pack.

I have a question about the wireless controller. I have never used a wireless controller before. I was wondering from your personal experience how long do the batteries last? Have u been in situations where the controller died on you?

Posted by Lord of Spam

The batteries tend to last about 4-5 hours for me. I'd say either invest in rechargeable batteries or buy a corded controller. Its a pain in the *** to have to churn through batteries that fast.:/

Posted by Unite

ouch that dosen't sound good

Posted by Moogs

The Rechargable pack is only $19.99. And you can play while it's charging. So, I'd say it's a must-have for a 360 owner.

Posted by Unite

ty moogs i will go out and buy one

Posted by Random

Congrats on the new 360. It's pretty awesome. And really what games your playing now are really just a taste of what is to come.

Games I'd Suggest:

-Call of Duty 2
-Oblivion
-Final Fantasy XI
-Dead or Alive 4
-Perfect Dark Zero
-Need For Speed Most Wanted

Games that are upcoming titles I suggest getting:

-Resident Evil 5
-Halo 3
-Phantasy Star Universe
-WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007
-Fable 2
-Star Wars KOTOR 3
-Gundam Wing
-Lost Odyssey

And i'm sure we'll hear about more titles at E3.

Posted by Klarth

Don't forget original XB titles...

- Fable
- Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of The Earth
- Project Gotham Racing 2
- TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

Posted by Axis

Quoting Lord of Spam: The batteries tend to last about 4-5 hours for me. I'd say either invest in rechargeable batteries or buy a corded controller. Its a pain in the *** to have to churn through batteries that fast.:/

I dunno what batteries you're using but mine last about 10 hours. 15 hours with the rechargeable battery pack not hooked up.

Posted by Moogs

Yeah, but you'd save money in buying the Rechargable Battery Pack.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: The batteries tend to last about 4-5 hours for me.

Really? Wow, that's some ****ty batteries you're using. I can get about 20-25 hours out of mine.

Quoted post: Have u been in situations where the controller died on you?

Oh yeah, multiple times. But the game pauses automatically for you. Though, I was once playing Halo 2 online and they died... causing me to die.

Posted by Unite

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Congrats on the new 360. It's pretty awesome. And really what games your playing now are really just a taste of what is to come.

Games I'd Suggest:

-Call of Duty 2
-Oblivion
-Final Fantasy XI
-Dead or Alive 4
-Perfect Dark Zero
-Need For Speed Most Wanted

Games that are upcoming titles I suggest getting:

-Resident Evil 5
-Halo 3
-Phantasy Star Universe
-WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007
-Fable 2
-Star Wars KOTOR 3
-Gundam Wing
-Lost Odyssey

And i'm sure we'll hear about more titles at E3.

right now i have Dead or alive 4

I'm looking forward to resident evil 5

Posted by Xqars

I also strongly recommend Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

Posted by dynamite7788

congrats...................im jeolous

Posted by juliebriggs

my wireless controller didnt last long, so i invested in 2 wired controllers. i dont see the point in wireless controllers in my tiny room.

ghost recon is excellent on 360. great game for net play.

Posted by Hero'sCrest

Is Final Fantasy on 360 online only?

Posted by inequity

Yeah, you have to (painfully) install and subscribe to PlayOnline services in order to play. Theres no single player, only online.

Posted by Arcadios

I was wondering what ever happened to the whole 'Xbox overheat" thing cause I plan on getting a 360 but I was thinking if they ever fixed that problem?

Posted by Axis

Quoting Mr.Nintendo74: I was wondering what ever happened to the whole 'Xbox overheat" thing cause I plan on getting a 360 but I was thinking if they ever fixed that problem?

Mine hardly was over-heating at all from the start. I had 2 friends who just bought theirs in the past week or so and they said they haven't had any problem. You should be fine.

Posted by Arcadios

Thanks Axis. The first games I'm proably going to get is Call of duty 2 and Project gotham racing 3.