New Gamecube Game

Posted by MGamer

I need a new gamecube game. I have windwaker and animal crossing. I like lots of different kinds of games. I don't have that much money to spend so under $19.99.

Posted by Dexter

Need more information on what you're looking for. It sounds to me like you are looking for a single-player game, since the two you mentioned are single-player games. If you like RPGs, I strongly recommend Tales of Symphonia. If you like adventure games, such as Banjo-Kazooie, I recommend getting Star Fox Adventures. Both can be found fairly cheap.

But tell us more about what kind of game you would like to get.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Check out Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. If you like farming sims, then you most likely will enjoy this game. I love it.

Posted by MGamer

yeah i like rpg's. I liked animal crossing for a while until it got boring. Will Harvest Moon be pretty much like animal crossing?

Posted by Linko_16

Harvest Moon is similar, yes, though your goals are very different. You will have to raise a successful farm, get livestock, create good relations with townspeople and eventually get married, et cetera.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Get the Pikmin games too. Hours of fun to be had there. Eternal Darkness is an older one that I love playing. Oh! And a must have is Luigi's Mansion. Hope you get these ones! n_n

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Chibi-Robo.

Posted by Alastor

Tales of Symphonia, hands down. Being an RPG fan will make the game that much better.

Go get it.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Alastor: Tales of Symphonia, hands down. Being an RPG fan will make the game that much better.

Go get it.

I hated this game it stinks, the boss' are too hard.

Posted by holy_flare

[quote=.hack//]I hated this game it stinks, the boss' are too hard.

Don't even start with the bosses! I love the game and it's my favorite game! The bosses are nothing compared to the sidequests. You can get extra experience by doing sidequests, but you HAVE to be able to know exactly when they start and stop. Some start at one point, stop for a while, then you have to start it again. Another thing is, nearly all the cutscenes have to be triggered by doing something or going somewhere. The game rarely even mentions a tiny little part of any cutscene in the game.

I also have to agree with Alastor that being an rpg fan will make the game that much better.

[quote=MGamer]I need a new gamecube game. I have windwaker and animal crossing. I like lots of different kinds of games. I don't have that much money to spend so under $19.99.

If you are a big rpg fan, then it might be a little hard to find a Gamecube RPG for $19.99 or less. You can try going to gamestop and finding some. The games will be used, but they are usually kept in pretty good condition. You can aso get a card thing that can lower the price or something like that, but I forget how it works.

Hope that helps a little

Posted by Alastor

Quoting .hack//: I hated this game it stinks, the boss' are too hard.

Your lack of skill playing the game doesn't make it bad, I'm afraid. If you don't like it, that's your choice, but not liking it because you can't beat the bosses is just poor skill on your part.

Posted by Dexter

I agree with Alastor. I didn't even think the bosses were that difficult. If anything, they could have been more difficult. The entire game could have been a little more difficult. Games are getting too easy these days. I don't even remember the game being that challenging at all, except for maybe some of the puzzle solving, which was enjoyable but would sometimes take me days to figure out. I recall I was stuck for about 5 days trying to figure out where I was supposed to go next.

Posted by Ant

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door just recently became $20. Once again, another RPG, and it's a very charming one at that. I was addicated to it from the start and loved all the characters and worlds, and yeah...good game :)

Posted by Alastor

Some of the bosses were pretty challenging on Mania difficulty, but most of them were still just as easy. The puzzles can be a little tricky, though. Believe it or not, the toughest part of the entire game for me was the Wind Seal, with the five different colored windmill-looking things you have to activate in a certain order. Took me like an hour, but I still beat the game in two days. Total time was around 42-43 hours. It was summer, though, and I only stopped once for sleep.

Quoted post: I hated this game it stinks, the boss' are too hard.

It's an RPG. Just level up. Problem solved, no skill needed.

Posted by GameMiestro

Get Odama.

Posted by Klarth

What, that game where you yell into a barely-functional microphone while a ball darts randomly around the screen?

Riiiiiiight.

Posted by GameMiestro

No, the game where you use a perfectly responsive microphone to command a 15'th century Japanese army to defeat an enemy army, while all the time using a massive iron ball to crush your enemies, convert troops, and smash enemy buildings.

You must be thinking of something different... :P

Posted by Dexter

What is this game and why haven't I played or even heard of it before? That microphone is fun to play with and from what I have experienced responds very well, so I am interested in checking that game out. Sounds exciting.

Klarth, what have you used the microphone for and what problems have you been having with it? Mine seems to work fine.

Posted by Klarth

It's game-specific, it seems. The formula for Odama is that it combines tactical warfare and pinball (what the ****?). You launch your colossal pinball to attack the enemy, and scream into the microphone to get your guys to run out of the way. They usually dart straight into the path of the ball, though.

Posted by MGamer

I just ordered Baten Kaitos off Amazon for 8.99 so I'm hoping that game is good. What do you guys think of that game?

Posted by inequity

Go for Hello Kitty Roller Rescue, no regrets there.

Posted by coromoro

Quoting MGamer: I just ordered Baten Kaitos off Amazon for 8.99 so I'm hoping that game is good. What do you guys think of that game?

I know people who really liked that game, and I know people who didn't like it at all. It depends on whether or not you like that type of game. :cool:

Posted by Dexter

Quoting MGamer: I just ordered Baten Kaitos off Amazon for 8.99 so I'm hoping that game is good. What do you guys think of that game?

Terrific game. I got it for 20 dollars without having any idea what I was getting myself into. I was looking forward to a surprise, but I certainly didn't expect to get a game that would change the way I actually play games. The story was so intense and emotional and it really pulled me closer to RPG games. I quickly got Tales of Symphonia afterwards. Probably my two favorite RPGs on the Game Cube.

Don't forget to tell me how you like it once you get into it. I'm interested in your reactions.

Posted by Bendehur2007

it's tomb raider a new one too i hear it looked fun i've played it dang it's hard.

Posted by Burrito

Wait a second- you have a gamecube, but don't own Super Smash Bros. Melee?! MY ***, you must get it. Now.

Quoted post: I just ordered Baten Kaitos off Amazon for 8.99 so I'm hoping that game is good. What do you guys think of that game?

As far as JRPGs go, it's pretty average. As far as RGPs on the GC, it's one of the better ones.

Quoted post: it's tomb raider a new one too i hear it looked fun i've played it dang it's hard.

It was easy. Almost stupidly so.