Calm down, mass posters

Posted by GameMiestro

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. I have seen people that have post averages of over 70 a day, all from members who have joined in the last month, which has led to some serious spamming. It's not the fact that they will be posting over 1000 posts a month that annoys me, its the fact that every 20 of their posts could be condensed into one, or deleted entirely. Nobody else seems to care, though, as long as they stay in their Kingdom Hearts board...

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, the KH board has pretty much jsut become a cesspit of idiocy. There have been some good members that have joined, but overall, they're utter trash.

Posted by The Judge

Another well-intended effort wasted. This means that the next time we have a well-to-do idea, people will be even more reluctant to see it through. Thanks for ruining it for everyone, culprits.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Who cares? The members you're referring to is the people who only come here for KH. They seem happy doing what they're doing, so oh well.

Posted by Dexter

They do seem quite fine. I went in there to do some moderating and noticed that they were the only ones conversing and they seemed fairly content and weren't complaining to each other, so I left them alone. They don't need to be pushed down with their activity. I was shocked that one of them had accumulated over 800 posts!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dexter: I was shocked that one of them had accumulated over 800 posts!

If I had my way there would be 10 people here like that dude!! :D:D:D

er....it's QUANTITY OVER QUALITY!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Three days ago we had 1,602 posts made!!!! Long time since we had a day with that many new posts!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Lord of Spam

Like since DA was being left alone, maybe?

Posted by NES Queen

rules are rules are rules. regardless if it appears to make the boards seem more active and alive, if people are are violating the board rules (espcially new members) then something needs to be done.

there's more than one way to skin a cat. meaning that a simple, friendly, reminder of the rules to encourage these new posters to become quality members would probably suffice. no need to turn it into another keyfartist fiasco.

but you can't enforce rules for some groups of members and single them out when they misbehave (DA) and allow others to do as they please simply because "they seem fairly content and arn't complaining to each other".

I don't see Jesse allowing a crackdown on the "noobs". Especially if it hurts the numbers...

Posted by GameMiestro

Yes, they're happy with what they're doing. However, I doubt they will stay in the KH board forever, and already, some are posting in other boards. I just hope it stays contained- and trying to encourage people to make posts longer than 6 words is a good way of doing so.

Quoted post: Yes, they're happy with what they're doing. However, I doubt they will stay in the KH board forever, and already, some are posting in other boards. I just hope it stays contained- and trying to encourage people to make posts longer than 6 words is a good way of doing so.

Well, if you read some of the posts that are made there, a large percent are quite long. Just not too well written.

Posted by NES Queen

its like cancer. when you first see it, you need to address it and treat it. if you wait until it infects other areas then it's too late.

its similar to the "n00bie board" that was suggested. you can't expect new members to understand that posting sub-par quality posts is acceptable (dare i say encouraged, for the sake of higher post counts) in one area but not to be tolerated in others.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Vampiro]Well, if you read some of the posts that are made there, a large percent are quite long. Just not too well written.

Thats the thing. Many of the posters do post reasonable, high quality posts. I've noticed that they have less overall posts than many of the other new members. And if you look at the recent posts of anyone who has gotten 600+ posts in the last week, they're on the whole not very long. If someone has a lot of posts, and are fairly long, more power to them.

Well, if all of the KH posters simultaniously decide to mass spam the entire forum, don't say I didn't warn you. :)

Posted by Xenos

lol high quality posts

Quoted post: Well, if all of the KH posters simultaniously decide to mass spam the entire forum, don't say I didn't warn you.

They won't. There may be one or two, but nothing bad. Plus, to take a page out of Jesse's book, they may grow up to be a better poster. Key may be a bad example of this, but it shows some AT LEAST care to learn to type better.

Posted by NES Queen

i think that sums up all possible fears from the well respected members right there.

*le sigh*

let the downward spiral of idiotcy begin

Quoted post: i think that sums up all possible fears from the well respected members right there.

*le sigh*

let the downward spiral of idiotcy begin

Except it's clearly just a spammer, and not some newb from the KH board.

Posted by (wacko101)_

Quoted post: Except it's clearly just a spammer, and not some newb from the KH board.

:D :D :D

Posted by The Judge

F[COLOR="black"]u[/COLOR]ck you and such

Posted by (wacko101)_

Yes, F[COLOR="white"]u[/COLOR]ck me and such

Posted by Xenos

Jesse ... you better pull an IP banhammer for this one.

Posted by (wacko101)_

Quoting Xenos: Jesse ... you better pull an IP banhammer for this one.

:D :D :D

Posted by Jesse Smith

IP banned. Three usernames with that IP address, all three using the username hack. The super secret text for the username hack has been changed.

As for the size of the posts they make, I looked at a page of posts in that thread and the member to make the smallest post was...a mod!! So stop complaining about the newbies until you complain about the mods!! :D:D:D

Quoting Xenos: And, uh ... sing.

lol high quality posts :D:D:D:D

Posted by Linko_16

Crap. I didn't even know what the old one was until now.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Wacko 101, as in education for learning how to be a wacko. Wacko University...Wacko 101.

Now you guys can try to figure out the new code!!!! :D

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Jesse Smith: So stop complaining about the newbies until you complain about the mods!! :D:D:D

i have been :/

Posted by Xenos

Quoted post:
lol high quality posts

But not spam or an entirely useless post.

Posted by Last Fog

Putting the KH board up was a good thing. Once the hype over the game dies down in a few weeks/months whatever, all the spammers will most likely not come here anymore, while the handful of good members who joined for KH will stay and continue to post.

However, a few "spammers" doesn't bother me. I think that makes the forum interesting and somewhat amusing. I never saw another forum where so many people complain about spam. It's better to have overly active members make low quality posts than this place getting no traffic as usual and be boring. After all, it's just a forum, and I come here when i'm bored. The ones complaining dont do much in life outside of vgchat.

Posted by (vgchat)

Quoting Jesse Smith: IP banned.

:D:D:D

Posted by 007 ninja

maestro
mae
ae
AE
AE
not IE

Posted by Trigger

There are several 'established' members in this thread I could say write worthless posts that don't contribute with quality and hardly should be considered as a contribution to the quantity of this forum. Of course, seeing as we're all established members, no one is ever going to want to throw a thread or two around about how they are just as dull, insidious and redundant as a new member can be.

Oh no! Activity that many members have been crying out for, but when it's received it's not "worthy." Unfortunately, the Internet is too global and unfiltered to allow the more choosey senior members to have both quality and quantity, especially that meet their own posts and stanards.

Go and have a cookie.

Posted by Arczu

And yes, make that a real-life cookie. With rasins. Heh heh... anyway.

Some of the KH traffic are going on in that thread like it's some sort of chat room. Telling people "okay gotta go for tonigh Ill b on tommorw" or some other usless stuff. I do not think that much action needs to be taken now, but maybe point some people in the right direction. Maybe put a sticky about acceptable standards

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Trigger: There are several 'established' members in this thread I could say write worthless posts that don't contribute with quality and hardly should be considered as a contribution to the quantity of this forum.

SSSSHHHHHHUT UP!

Posted by Klarth

Hey, I haven't posted in this thread yet.

Suck my cock, Judge.