Hideo Kojima set to make major announcement at E3

Posted by Klarth

From QJ.net:

[quote]Konami's press conference invitation was very interesting indeed. Sent out to major news outlets the day before the Wii announcement, it has the words RETURN, REARM, REGALE, REBIRTH, RESPECT, and REFINE over a logo of Kojima Productions on the front with "The REVOLT begins, Tuesday, May 9. It's the battle for E3" on the back. Hideo Kojima confirmed he was working on a Wii game last year but no real info has been given on it except that it might be aimed at females. Click the thumbnail for a larger picture. We'll have coverage on whatever happens when E3 hits so stay tuned!

http://revolution.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/33278_kojimainvite.jpg

Aimed at female gamers? If it's MGS, then it's doubtful that it'll be a traditional Metal Gear title.

Well, hey, it might not be Metal Gear.

Excited I am.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Weird. I jsut hope he doesnt load it down with extreaneous cut scenes lol sup fate.

Posted by Dexter

Aimed at girls? Sounds delightful. Cut scenes are good! They could've done away with that little segment where you had to walk around a bit before it continues with more cut scenes, but for the most part, I enjoy them.

Posted by Speedfreak

I think the "aimed at girls" thing is a joke. In an interview where Kojima, Miyamoto and Aonuma, Kojima was asked what his next game would be. Miyomoto answered "I think he's making something for girls" before he could answer, and Kojima couldn't reply because we was laughing so hard.

[quote=Dexter]Aimed at girls? Sounds delightful. Cut scenes are good! They could've done away with that little segment where you had to walk around a bit before it continues with more cut scenes, but for the most part, I enjoy them.

Dexter! Was that...was that a joke?

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote]What we heard: Late last year, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima sat down with Famitsu, Japan's leading game magazine. In it, he revealed he was developing an upcoming game for the Nintendo Revolution. He explained to the publication that he wanted the game to be drastically different from the stealth action series that made him famous. He also hinted that he might be targeting female gamers specifically.

[URL="http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=24568676&sid=6148621"]http://www.gamespot.com/pages/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=24568676&sid=6148621[/URL]

Guess no MGS... :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Didn't except it to be a MGS title, and really don't want it to be. Here's hoping for a band-new IP.

Posted by boomstick

Hmm, aimed at girl gamer, eh, very interested in seeing what this is.

Posted by Speedfreak

IT'S NOT REALLY AIMED AT GIRLS, THAT WAS A JOKE.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Vampiro: Didn't except it to be a MGS title, and really don't want it to be. Here's hoping for a band-new IP.

IP?

Posted by Brandon Heat

Intellectual Property.
This sounds intresting.

Posted by Yonaka

Hideo is awesome! Metal Gear Solid is great! I can't wait for number four. It's going to be so cool. Is Vamp coming back?