Rayman 4 announced...with screenshot!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2006/5/3-17

The characters are rather primitive, but the background is pretty. I'd say it's an early build of the game, though. If I know Ubi Soft, they'll upgrade those models with Rareware-style fur and more polygons.

Posted by Speedfreak

AHA, FUR, THAT MEANS IT HAS VERTEX SHADERS.

Posted by Klarth

I'm pretty sure there was a GCN title called "Rayman Creatures" in development at some point - That didn't see the light of day, but perhaps this is what it became?

Anyway, if that's what the finished game looks like, I'll ****ing scream. It's meant to be next-gen for christ's sake - Where's the lascivious levels of fur and grass?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I was more interested in the kids with the Wii controller to be honest.

I lost interest in the Rayman series after II.

:(

Posted by Bebop

Quoting The X: I was more interested in the kids with the Wii controller to be honest.

I lost interest in the Rayman series after II.

:(

The kids hair says it all.

Rayman 3 I found to be one of the better in the series. It's suprisingly one of the best (and only) games on the GC to make brilliant use of the GBA/GC link up. GBA player would create a race track in tetris fashion for GC player to race on. Much better than it sounds.

The models are quite naf. And ugly.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's coming to current-gen consoles too, which pretty much explains why it looks like a PS2 game. My guess is it'll get the Kong Kong treatment.