Regarding Anti-Form

Posted by Sean the Wicked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN9pAoLQc68&search=Sora%20Anti-Form

Basically, if you don't feel like watching the video, what these fellows proved is that Anti-Form (unlike what the strategy guide says) is caused by being attacked by Heartless. The more you are hit by Heartless during your Drive, the more likely Anti-Form will appear in place of the next transformation.

I, however, am not going to rely on the video and will concocte my own investigation into this later tonight. I'll be back with the results as well.

Posted by Linko_16

I guess that's pretty good to know, but does Final Form still cleanse you of any chance to go Anti-Sora? 'Cause that seemed to be the case with me, no matter what the book said.

Posted by keyartist

That is a great wrong answer.Sorry to say this is it.
Anti-form is based on the anti-point system.
For every time you go to valor or wisdom form you get one anti point.
So if you form three times with that the forth will be an anti-form.
So it takes four points to change to anti-form.
As for master it works the same as wizdom and valor but
it adds and subtracts in an odd matter
Final form subtracts 10 points every time but no more than -10anti points
Valor= +1 anti point
Wisdom= +1 anti point
Master= in this order +1,+1,-1,+1
Final= -10 anti points no less than -10 anti point
So if you do the math and remember each trait you will never go anti-form

This is how the anti-form works.

Thank you for your time.:)

Posted by Ant

Uhh, in the video they went into valor form 100 times.

I think I'm more inclined to believe what I saw in the video. VERY INERESTING.

Posted by keyartist

I have proven this and what video, do you have the link?

Posted by Ant

IT'S THE VIDEO AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD IN THE 1ST POST!

Quoting Linko_16: I guess that's pretty good to know, but does Final Form still cleanse you of any chance to go Anti-Sora? 'Cause that seemed to be the case with me, no matter what the book said.

Yeah, there'd be no way Anti-Sora could come out when transforming to Final Form. I think that's pretty much a given.

Quoting keyartist: That is a great wrong answer.Sorry to say this is it.
Anti-form is based on the anti-point system.
For every time you go to valor or wisdom form you get one anti point.
So if you form three times with that the forth will be an anti-form.
So it takes four points to change to anti-form.
As for master it works the same as wizdom and valor but
it adds and subtracts in an odd matter
Final form subtracts 10 points every time but no more than -10anti points
Valor= +1 anti point
Wisdom= +1 anti point
Master= in this order +1,+1,-1,+1
Final= -10 anti points no less than -10 anti point
So if you do the math and remember each trait you will never go anti-form

This is how the anti-form works.

Thank you for your time.:)

Uh yeah, I kinda already know that because I have the strategy guide sitting right next to me. HOWEVER, the video explains that it clearly is not the case, because I fought hundreds of Nobodies with Valor Form trying to level it up, and I NEVER became Anti-Form. Know why? Because it only comes when you get hit by Heartless, AS SEEN IN THE VIDEO.

And here's the link again since you apparantly can't find it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN9pAoLQc68&search=Sora%20Anti-Form

Posted by Wally The Weird

I think anti-form can only occur when in combat with heartless, not neccesarily while attacking/being attacked.
I think this anyway, because during this one boss fight, I kept going anti-form (In retrospect, using a form against an Org member DOES increase the odds) but when I tried to get rid of it, by going to a save, transforming, and then leaving, I never went anti-form.
My only logical conclusion that I personally have, is that anti-form is a combination of the two ideas, and one can only go Anti-form when in combat.
but thats just me.

Posted by keyartist

But I did prove it. I never had the guide.?I saw the FLow of it then I wrote it down.And why would you fight just nobodys in valor forn.You can fight any thing and get points or exp for it?And I went into anti-form alot fighting nobodys.

Quoting keyartist: But I did prove it. I never had the guide.?I saw the FLow of it then I wrote it down.And why would you fight just nobodys in valor forn.You can fight any thing and get points or exp for it?And I went into anti-form alot fighting nobodys.

Are you incapable of forming an intelligent sentence? Learn english and get back to me.

Also, watch the video before you try and act all high and mighty.

And to add injury to insult, Valor Form earns experience by the amount of blows it lands on an enemy, and therefore fighting Nobodies would be the most intelligent idea as they have higher HP then Heartless and would give XP much faster.

Yeah, I stand by my idea.
Anti-form is governed by odds, and the odds are alterered the number of times you go into a drive form (Excluding Final). I am not sure if this applies to n combat or not, btu I think you can only go anti-form in combat. However, you can exsist in anti-form outside of combat.

However, I should have watched the video (I have now though) before forming my hypothesis.

Again, this is just me.

Quoting Wally The Weird: Yeah, I stand by my idea.
Anti-form is governed by odds, and the odds are alterered the number of times you go into a drive form (Excluding Final). I am not sure if this applies to n combat or not, btu I think you can only go anti-form in combat. However, you can exsist in anti-form outside of combat.

However, I should have watched the video (I have now though) before forming my hypothesis.

Again, this is just me.

Anti-Form isn't governed by odds, I stayed up until about 2 AM last night driving Sora outside of battle 50 times, and not once did Anti-Form appear. Unlike the video guys, I used all the forms for this (first using Valor Form fifty, then Wisdom, etc.) and not once did Anti-Form appear. Then, afterwards I went and let the Heartless hit me until my Drive bar has depleted, transformed and became Anti-Form.

Instead of Driving Sora 200 more times, I just left the area, restored his Drive and let the Heartless do it again and seven (including the first time) out of ten times I got Anti-Form.

I didn't post anything about this yet because I was going to wait until tonight till I could explain it better, but keyartist there had to start something with me.

Posted by keyartist

I watch that video and the guy passes alot of forms.you have to see all 100 to be right.all at one time.and use 1000s of drive recoverys.

Quoting keyartist: I watch that video and the guy passes alot of forms.you have to see all 100 to be right.all at one time.and use 1000s of drive recoverys.

You don't have to use Drive Recoveries. This is another key point to your low-level knowledge of Kingdom Hearts. If you Drive, leave the world in Drive Form, and come back, your Drive Gauge is full.

Would you want to sit there and watch someone transform into Valor form a 100 times in a row? I don't think so.

Posted by keyartist

If you wanna do an experment like that you must have no cut sceens or anything like that.he showed us 1 5 10 20 50 75 and 100. What about all the other times?

Key, face it, compaire to sean, and heck, even to lesser extent myself, and a few people here, you don't exactly look smart.
It is common practice to abrivite presentations of experiments. I think anyway, I could be wrong. Seriously though, what would hey gain by not doing the others?

Well, maybe not governed by odds, however, I do think that in order to go anti-form you need to be in combat, not neccesarily against heartless though. I have gone anti-form against nobodies, heartless, and pirates.

Or I could be wrong, who knows? (Obviously not me)

Posted by keyartist

But I tried my theory and it proved right. Who here has watched the video? what form do they practice in?

How exactly, did you prove your theory right?
For that matter, how did you determine a rythem of any kind?

I think it is randomish, but not entierly random. There are things that will have an affect on the odds of it happening, and it cannot be attasined outside battle. Well, at least so I think.
----------------------------------------------------------
They practice in Valor Form.

Posted by keyartist

So then you didn't watch the video because they also practiced in master form as well, I found my self saying "oh, crap another anti is coming up, when I was boosting my stats.

Oh, my fault, i thought you were referring to the failed anti-form attempts.
Yeah, they did go master when they let the heartless wail on them.

I still think one of the determining factors is if you are in combat or not.

And I did watch the video.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
As testimate, while I couldn;t see the other one, one keyblade they used was Ultima weapon....I think, I am REALLY awful with names.

HOLD IT!

Alright, let me explain this simply because I did it myself.

I transformed into Valor, Wisdom, and Master form 50 times each. Each adds +1 points towards becoming Anti-Form, and once the points reach 10, the chance of becoming Anti-Form is at 25%. By using common mathematics, you would understand that driving Sora 150 times, which a 25% chance of becoming Anti-Form at least once is impossible. You cannot do it.

I rest my case.

EDIT: In regards to what Wally said. Being in a battle just raises the odds of becoming Anti-Form x2, that's all.

EDIT2: Also, they used Master Form while getting attacked by the Heartless so that Donald and Goofy would not interfer. I thought that was a commonly known fact, but I guess not.

Thats similar to what I was saying, but not the same.
Actually, thats exactly what I was trying to say, with on exception. I thought that it is impossible to enter anti-form unless in combat.

If you can show someone going anti-form out of combat, then I'll admit defeat. Otherwise, I shall only accept the definte possibility that being in battle only raises the odds.
I say this, because I never went anti-form out of combat. It COULD have just been extremly coincedential though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In retrospect, I should have thought of that, regarding why they used master form.

Posted by Red

all this crap just confuses me...I think it would be awsome if you could use Antiform by selecting it from your forms list. I just really like that form Sora seems like an animal.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting keyartist: If you wanna do an experment like that you must have no cut sceens or anything like that.he showed us 1 5 10 20 50 75 and 100. What about all the other times?

With all due respect, Key, nobody would lie about this. If they did this experiment and found out they were wrong, they'd just say "Oh, well," and not bother making a video.

Posted by keyartist

I think they would lie. If you came up with a thoery and got people to believe it, then you did a test on it and you proved yourself wrong, would you wanna say that you where wrong?

Posted by Arczu

Something is not quite right though.

Drove into Valor form 100 times in a non-battle state. If you drive when no heartless or whatever are there (you are not in battle/cannot open the menu), then you can't Anti-Sora no matter how many times you try. I'm guessing they needed to show some of those parts so that they aren't BSing about it.

When they got to the part with taking damage in Master Form, he entered the screen in the form already, so that would be another transformation out of battle. Then when he drove again right after, he went Anti. If you assume that this was done from a state where going Anti would be very unlikely to 0% chance, they most likely will have found something out.

Posted by keyartist

Thats what i said. In order to make an experiment 100% proveable You most see 100% of it, right?

Posted by Arczu

No... that wasn't what I was looking at.

I'm looking at the fact that he Transformed all those times out of battle. Then that 1 time IN battle—The one time he drove where it counted ---> Antiform.

If you take into account that Anti-Point system and assumed we started from 0 points. No points AT ALL would have been added to the system, but he went Antiform. Interesting, no?

You raise a good point Arczu, however, I beat that theory by what I did.

I drove Sora in Valor, Wisdom, and Master 50 times each which would account for 150 points. Than, in Final Form 50 times which would take off 500 points (50 x 10). Then, I went into battle against the Heartless and turned into Master Form, let them damage me, switched out, switched to Valor Form, but instead became Anti-Form.

So, when I became Anti-Form I would of had about -449 points AGAINST becoming Anti-Form.

What do you have to say to that?

Posted by keyartist

Thats true it must apply as a battle mode.

Quoting keyartist: Thats true it must apply as a battle mode.

Do you even bother to read all the posts? Or are you just blissfully ignorant of that which proves you wrong?

Posted by keyartist

Yeah I read all the posts. And that is true. You may have to be in battle to go anti.

Quoting keyartist: Yeah I read all the posts. And that is true. You may have to be in battle to go anti.

Or me, and the people in the video were right all along.

Posted by keyartist

Not really I played it and tryed it. This thread should be closed by now.

Posted by Brandon Heat

I know this is out of place, but this is the only thread you are frequenting(Sean). How do you get Final Form? (Already have it, just don't know how it happened) I am thinking their might be a point system behind that as well.

Posted by Arczu

Hey Sean's not the only KH2 expert here. :\

It "comes" to you auto matically. When is dependant on a few things but you need to be almost near the end basically.

Now:[Quote="Sean"]So, when I became Anti-Form I would of had about -449 points AGAINST becoming Anti-Form.

What do you have to say to that?

I'm wondering if the point system can have the result as a negative number, because I think otherwise it would stay as zero. BUT, I don't think that Sean or them could be wrong. This is because

When I obtained final form, Anti-points should reset to 0 (and by that point, I anti-ed all the time). So I started alternating between Wisom and final IN battle. Here was the pattern: Final -> Wisdom -> Wisdom -> Final -> Wisdom -> W|Anti? (Note that I drove when enemies were in plain sight each time. I went Anti trying to go wisdom the last time.)

Maybe the system adds points each time you are hit rather than pure driving.

Quoting keyartist]Not really I played it and tryed it. This thread should be closed by now.
If you aren't going to contribute to the thread, get the hell out.

Quoting Brandon Heat: I know this is out of place, but this is the only thread you are frequenting(Sean). How do you get Final Form? (Already have it, just don't know how it happened) I am thinking their might be a point system behind that as well.

At a certain point late in the game, you have the ability to transform into it, but it's random (like we thought Anti-Form was). So, you just have to keep transforming until you get it.

[QUOTE=Arczu]Yeha... Anti gets 0 experience for everybody and thing. Drives included (but it doesn't mean you can't collect sysnthesis materials).

If each form had it's own points... then wouldn't you practically Anti every time you tried to use them? Minus Final, the 1/4 chance would get annoying, then even worse in boss battles.

And Sean, I think it makes a bit of sense that it wouldn't work with nobodies compared to heartless. The form is seemingly heartless-like so hartless probably do affect it, while nobodies may not.

Posted by Roger S Huxley

I just find it Odd that he would drive all those times into Valor then suddenly switch to Master. Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the basic rule for an expirement to make sure you dont change any variables? Why couldnt he drive Master all those times along with the Heartless test instead of switching from Valor to Master? With all due respect, Sean, you and Keyartist say you both 'proved' something, but I have yet to see concrete proof. A valid video perhaps could persuade me, but Im not forcing you to do anything. I am not saying you are a liar, but it takes more to convince me. If you cant trust the **** game guide then you need to be careful who you do trust. lol.

I am leaning towards it having to do something with battle, although I am not saying it has anything to do with being damaged. It could be just driving in battle, or it could be how much cereal you consume while in battle ((Zomg Sarcasm))

Of Course, I believe the point system has to do with some part if it. Ive been driving Final like crazy and whenever I drive into something else, no matter what I cant get Anti anymore.

Of course, I could most likely be wrong. Its just my 2 cents put in

Didn't you see what I said before?

They used Master during the battle because it makes more sense to have both Donald and Goofy unavailable as opposed to one of them still there killing all the enemies off and ruining the experiment.

Posted by Arczu

And by that point in the game, they wouldn't be having such a hard time doing it in only a few seconds.

Guys, I just noticed something about the video.
In it, they had all four forms, but the village for Mulans World was still in tact, and it was japanese.
While these differnces may only be slight, they are still there, and the basic concept of an experimant is to have 1 constant variable, so this theory may not even apply to the english version I play.
Or it could, I dunno, I am simply stating something.

Posted by Roger S Huxley

Quoting Sean the Wicked: Didn't you see what I said before?

They used Master during the battle because it makes more sense to have both Donald and Goofy unavailable as opposed to one of them still there killing all the enemies off and ruining the experiment.

Didnt you see what I said before?

Then he should have Master fromed 100 times instead of Valor Form 100 times.

Posted by Arczu

He used Valor because it wasn't in battle. Valor, Wisdom and Master all do the same thing to the system

Quoting Roger S Huxley]Didnt you see what I said before?

Then he should have Master fromed 100 times instead of Valor Form 100 times.
[QUOTE=Arczu]Well don't forget that your chances of going Anti increases by a multiplier during fights with organization members. Unlucky I suppose.

Heartless really seem to affect you chance, but not Nobodies it seems. Very interesting.