What are the chances of me getting a 2.0 at the most?

Posted by Keael

Since I live in a small canadian city, there might still be some 2.0's left... maybe. 1.5 is extremely beyond rare, I assume. I got a 1.5 last summer but I took it back for an Xbox because I only had a 32mb stick and no games (I got 100% of my money back, of course). Anyway. I'm getting a PSP again this weekend and hopefully it'll be at the most a 2.0. If not, I'll have to get GTA even though I'm getting it anyway. I'll just have to buy it. I won't have a choise.

Edit: Oh, and I'll be using my PSP for games, movies, music and "home"brew. do you think I'll need a 1gb or 2gb? It really doesn't matter, I'll dish over my cash for either. It's just that I'll have to wait 2 more weeks till I can get the 2gb... if I really need it. Which I'm not sure of. I need help, experienced PSP users!

Posted by Klarth

When you go to buy your PSP, there'll be a label on the box that looks like that. If the boxes aren't on display, ask to look at the box before you buy. Anyway, you can see a ringed "A" there. Here's what this means:

No letter = 1.50
A = 1.50
B = 1.51
C = 1.52
D = 1.52
E = 1.52
F = 2.00
G = 2.01
H = 2.50
I = 2.60

No PSPs are being sold with firmware 2.70 at this time. Also, buying a giga pack is risky - Some of them come with 2.01 despite having an F on the box.

As for memory, I have a 2GB stick. I managed fine with 512, but now I have every Game Boy game ever released on the stick (takes up maybe 400 MB), a stack of music, a few videos and even a pair of ISOs.

4GB is hitting shops soon. Might want to look into that.

Posted by Keael

What about the new core packs?

Posted by Klarth

They all have 2.60.

Posted by shep

it depends where you are. the core packs here have 2.50 and then I bought me and my katamari and you have to update to 2.60 but where all in diffrent countries..klarth, can mp4's be played on the psp? I bought that multi media max thing and it ****es me off, I down loaded a movie on my psp and I can't find it.I don't no if my memory stick is screwed up because I wan't to delete just one game save and it says I have no games on it except it says I have 58mb left and I had 128mb so the video is saved somewhere I just can't find it. is there something else I need to get to play it?

Posted by Klarth

PSP uses Mp4, yes. However, it needs to be in a special folder - MP_ROOT\100MNV01.

Posted by shep

eerrrr. sorry I'm trying to get used to putting this stuff onto my psp and then I can't find, with the multi max cd do make the new folder? and do I make the new folder on my psp or on my computer and then send that copy to the psp?

Posted by Keael

Quoting shep: it depends where you are. the core packs here have 2.50

Either way, it will suck. I'm getting a core pack because that's all the store has.

...I downloaded snes tyl on psp-hacks. It said it works on 2.60 so I'm happy. All I really want is a snes emulator. NES would be extremely great but no one has made that 2.60 compatible yet.

Posted by shep

Yeah I got the core pack to, I was ****ed because I got LCS and I didn't no it but I thought it was suppost to come with a memory card,so I had to buy one and all they had was one of those scan disk duo things that go in cameras,well I tried shoving the hole thing in without nowing you have to take another little disk out of the thing. I'm slowly getting to figure stuff out evan tho I'm to ignerent to read the manual.

Posted by Keael

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! ...oh, sorry. That's pretty funny though.

Well I got my PSP today. It was a 2.50, and I'm uploading it to a 2.60 so I can start homebrew. Wootus Maximus!!

Edit: Wow, I'm sure 4 out of 5 doctors will agree that I'm a dumbass... I'm just now figuring out that I will be able to play snes and nes on my 2.60 psp without the GTA eLoader. Sweet. That's all I want... therefore, to me, 2.60 = 1.50.

Posted by Red

Quoting Keael: Since I live in a small canadian city, there might still be some 2.0's left

I live in Ontario Canada in also a very small city, when I bought my psp though ( a month ago ) it came with 2.60, I was kind of surprised.