METAL SLUG!

Posted by Drewboy64

Thank you, SNK. Yes. Thank you, ***.
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/704/704020p1.html

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Hmm. I haven't gotten into this series. Now might be the time to start, I guess. Anyway, it's nice to see a developer that's been staying away from Nintendo consoles making games for them again.

Posted by Axis

Played them on Xbox...and it really isn't anything special. I'll pass.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Axis: Played them on Xbox...and it really isn't anything special. I'll pass.

Eh, I don't have em for my Xbox, but I love the games. I've got it for gameboy, and with extra freehand controls it should provide a new experience.

Plus I've been wanting to play the game lately, but my rents took my gameboy stuff away :p

Posted by Linko_16

... *tear*

There is a G
od.

Posted by keyartist

metal slug is ok as 4 a name 4 kh fans how about...kingdom heart fans..wow im good

Posted by Klarth

Quoting keyartist: metal slug is ok as 4 a name 4 kh fans how about...kingdom heart fans..wow im good

Hey, that made no sense and it wasn't funny. Hey, you're not funny.

I hope it isn't 3D. :(

Posted by Prince Shondronai

It's an "anthology," Klarth. Methinks it will be a collection of old games.

Posted by Klarth

Oh, it's Metal Slug Anthology? Wonderful. I probably won't pick it up though considering it's out on PSP in a few months.

Posted by keyartist

it made lots of since. So when does it come out. Is it only one game?

Posted by Kodachi

As long as I can still turn into a zombie and wipe out the whole screen with a blood-puke-grenade, I'll be happy.

Posted by Slade

Quoting keyartist: metal slug is ok as 4 a name 4 kh fans how about...kingdom heart fans..wow im good

[Quote=keyartist]it made lost of since.so when does it come out.is it only one game?
WHAT THE HELL?!?!

Posted by TendoAddict

Interesting. Wonder is the wii will do the game good or bad. Hard to tell.

Posted by Slade

I'm bored so I'm going to attempt to decipher keyartist's... er, "statements."

metal slug is ok as 4 a name 4 kh fans how about...kingdom heart fans..wow im good

Metal Slug is an okay name. As for a name KH fans, how about... "Kingdom Hearts fans." :cool:
(apparently he melded this thread's topic and that thread mentioned in Linko_16's sig together)

it made lost of since.so when does it come out.is it only one game?

Lots of Metal Slug games were released since... the first? So when does this one come out? Is it only one game, as opposed to a collection of MS games?

I DUN TALKD GUHD

Edit: Yeah I'm looking forward to the PSP Metal Slug, not the we/why one.

Posted by Linko_16

There are about four or five Metal Slugs, correct?

Posted by Klarth

Main series: Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug 3, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 4, Metal Slug 5, Metal Slug 6. I believe Metal Slug 6 is about to come out in Japanese arcades - Either that or it's already out.

There's also a 3D Metal Slug for the PS2 which seems to have entered development hell, and I'm pretty sure there was a GBA adaptation at some point.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Axis: Played them on Xbox...and it really isn't anything special. I'll pass.

To be fair the series are so similar to one another it gets old fast. Perhpas the controller will change this?

Posted by Klarth

Metal Slug 4 was the only one I didn't enjoy, considering that it was entirely urban/military themed and way too rushed. Metal Slug 3 was probably the best in the series - Come on, there are aliens, zombies, alternate areas, a submarine and an elephant. The only thing I liked about 4 was the uberpowerful new guns.

Posted by GameMiestro

Theres another Metal Slug coming to the GBA, which is more akin to the original arcade game than the first GBA interpretation. Having never played the series before, maybe I should get it?

Posted by Philflak

awesome!!! Metal Slug series rocks :D I used to pile money into the one at my old cinema! :)

Posted by Drewboy64

I wonder how good the new control functions will be. I hope they've got 4-player coop or something, because I will play this like a mug.