Darkness Advanced, grow the hell up

Posted by Speedfreak

This stupid joke you're pulling is neither funny nor clever. It actually affects the working of the baords.
A lot of you are mods and should know better, quite frankly this is a perfect example of good members being bad mods.

For those of you who don't know, DA members are copying a single member's profile, avatar, signature and title to the letter (currently Fate); this makes it difficult to read many threads properly.

I'm soft-deleting all posts of members that do this until they stop. If they retaliate I'll start perma-deleting. I've got other mods backing me up on this, so don't think for a second I'm you're only threat.

Posted by Klarth

I thought it was pretty fun for a few hours, but eventually got sick because it doesn't suit me. Plus, I'm honestly not bothered. I'm turning a blind eye because I can recognise people's posting styles, and plus, their username is displayed in colossal green letters every time they post anyway.

Posted by Speedfreak

A lot of people, including me, find it easier to indentify a member by their avatar, sig and font colour, which all take up a heck of a lot more room than their username. It's the same thing as being able to recognise faces better than names.

Posted by sabre

Alternatively, change your profiles or in 24 hours' time I'll ban every last one of you who isn't a mod, and I'll move to get every last mod demodded. ;D

Oh, and none of the "INTERNET: SERIOUS BUSINESS" or "PEOPLE HAVING FUN? ON A MESSAGE BOARD? G*D FORBID" shat, please. You've said yourselves it was to be annoying and frankly it's just painful to read the message boards now. I've given you fair warning now.

Posted by Xero

At last! Somebody serious complained! Thanx speedy.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Wow, way to be uptight. Honestly, and I expect to get banned for this, I can believe how uptight you guys are being about this. Chances are we would have just gotten bored with it anyway, since the whole "theme week" thing has gotten kinda old. But you guys had to go and be douches about it (two wrongs dont make a right lol). And seriously, hard to read? Are you retarded? Three words. BIG GREEN LETTERS.

Hell, you guys are whining more than Fate. Think about that.

Edit: Kudos to Fate for taking it fairly well.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

lol wow. This actually makes it even more worthwhile. Threatening to be banned over something so stupid? Haha, awesome. But whatever, I can't believe this actually causes problems for people. If you guys are taking it so seriously I guess I'll change it. But come on, you're saying WE need to grow up?

Posted by The Judge

No sense looking at the user names, huh? Takes just that extra second and miniscule amount of effort from your tough lives, doesn't it? I'll change it, but just know you're being pathetic.

Posted by Klarth

Using someone else's avatar makes your username illegible. Seriously, guys.

Seriously.

Posted by The Judge

Didn't know. I'm in the process of changing it, but just note that I can't seem to edit my signature on my work computer, so deal with it, you big babies.

OH AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT BAN PHYLTHEWHATEVER BECAUSE HE'S WHERE WE GOT THE IDEA FROM. BAN HIM GOOD.

There, happy? Jesus Christ you guys are babies.

Posted by The Judge

I HAVE MODIFIED MY APPEARANCE. I HOPE YOU CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Lord of Spam: And seriously, hard to read? Are you retarded? Three words. BIG GREEN LETTERS.
The point is that conversations are very hard to follow at a glance. If you're casually reading the boards it's easy to just think "okay, that's a post from Fate." It's very frustrating to have to keep double taking or read a conversation and think "oh, wait, that's not Fate," or even "wait, that time it wasn't Vampiro, let's go back and see who it was."

That applies to everyone else who posted predictable sarcastic quips.

Posted by Ant

It's not that they can't tell the difference. They just really don't like Fate.

Funny, I didn't find it hard to follow at all, and I post in board that ONLY had Fate copies. Really, it wasn't difficult or even frustrating, since you can see the username right beside the post. All it took was a quick half-glance, and bam, you know who said it.

Posted by Klarth

I enjoy reading posters' usernames once in a while, just to, well, identify them. Seems that reading is becoming more and more of a fundamental part of forum life these days.

Posted by Kodachi

I love how you try to act as though it's not the least bit of a bother, yet apparently you did it in an attempt to be annoying.
"lol guyz lets all luk the same to bothr peopl"
"omg stop"
"WHY HOW COULD THIS EVER BE ANNOYING TO ANYONE"

[quote]Three words. BIG GREEN LETTERS.
EVEN BIGGER PICTURES

Quoted post: I love how you try to act as though it's not the least bit of a bother, yet apparently you did it in an attempt to be annoying.
"lol guyz lets all luk the same to bothr peopl"
"omg stop"
"WHY HOW COULD THIS EVER BE ANNOYING TO ANYONE"

We did it to make ourselves laugh. And though I figured it would be annoying, it really wasn't when I changed everything around. Therefore, I can honestly say: WHY HOW COULD THIS EVER BE ANNOYING TO ANYONE.

Posted by Aesthetic

If this is such a sore spot for you mods, you should make it one of the rules that must be followed when joining and posting at VGC. Might as well let new members know that they aren't allowed to do certain things regarding their avatars and signatures. Yeah, doing something like this does force you to take more time to read through threads, but come on. They even had a deadline saying when they were going to stop; it's not like they were going to keep it up for a month. Way to go too far with modding, guys.

Posted by sabre

[quote=Vampiro]WHY HOW COULD THIS EVER BE ANNOYING TO ANYONE.You tell me:[quote=Vampiro]Yeah, I never read names either. Avatars are key. So this should work well.http://vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=243096&postcount=19

Posted by Klarth

Ban Phlynthe. He's as guilty as the rest of them.

Posted by sabre

Sure will if he doesn't comply.

Posted by Lord of Spam

We werent trying to annoy everyone. We were jsut trying to make fun of Fate.

[14:54] Nooniens00ng: I was suprised at how well you were taking this.
[14:55] Sentient ***: Oh. Uh, it doesn't bother me.

As you can see, you all are reacting more than she did. As i said to Speed on aim, chances are that if nobody had said anything, it would have just been dropped without any of this BS.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Vampiro: We did it to make ourselves laugh. And though I figured it would be annoying, it really wasn't when I changed everything around. Therefore, I can honestly say: WHY HOW COULD THIS EVER BE ANNOYING TO ANYONE.

Yeah, that's usually the point when someone is trying to be annoying.

But, it really is. Yeah, there are big green letters, but there's an even bigger set of pictures. When you put them next to each other, the pictures tend to stick out much more, and it's easy to identify people that way. When you have to stop and go back(considering that the names of people are above the actual post, and I sometimes don't have the name on the screen at all) it can be annoying. There's no actual reason for you to be doing it other than to annoy people. Speedy is right. It's very childish.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Sabredog: It's very frustrating to have to keep double taking or read a conversation and think "oh, wait, that's not Fate," or even "wait, that time it wasn't Vampiro, let's go back and see who it was."

I see you as sitting at your computer going "GRRRRR GRRRR GRAAAAAAAAAH" every time you have to check the user name.

Also, now my theme looks pretty badass.

Posted by Lord of Spam

So is getting upset over it.

Posted by sabre

Judge: Okay, thanks for sharing.

Posted by Klarth

Guys, guys, there's a much simpler solution. Simply sign your name in size 7 bold red letters after every post.

I AM KLARTH.

Quoted post: You tell me:

et cetera

Quoted post:
And though I figured it would be annoying, it really wasn't when I changed everything around.

Yeah, read that yet? I didn't find it annoying once I did it because it took NO EFFORT TO LOOK OVER AN INCH. LOL!

[SIZE="7"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"]PS THIS IS VAMPIRO[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, read that yet? I didn't find it annoying once I did it because it took NO EFFORT TO LOOK OVER AN INCH. LOL!

Yeah, it takes a very small effort, but there's no reason to have to do it at all. Why should I be bothered because you think it's cute to get your friends together and try annoying people?

Quoted post: There's no actual reason for you to be doing it other than to annoy people. Speedy is right. It's very childish.

Yeah, the reason was to make ourselves laugh. Not only was it humorous, but this thread made it hilarious. Thanks :)

Quoted post: Yeah, it takes a very small effort, but there's no reason to have to do it at all. Why should I be bothered because you think it's cute to get your friends together and try annoying people?

Solution: Don't read my posts for the few days I have it. You're probably not missing much anyways.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, read that yet? I didn't find it annoying once I did it because it took NO EFFORT TO LOOK OVER AN INCH. LOL!
I don't know, maybe I'm just reading the boards more casually than you, but I don't think "OOP! THAT'S A FATE AVATAR, BETTER LOOK TO THE LEFT." I think "Oh, crap, that's not been Fate all thread, because here's another one. I'm going to have to skim over this discussion again."

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Kodachi: Yeah, it takes a very small effort, but there's no reason to have to do it at all. Why should I be bothered because you think it's cute to get your friends together and try annoying people?

Why should we have to cut our fun just because you are too ******* lazy to read? Seriously, this is rediculous.

Quoted post: I don't know, maybe I'm just reading the boards more casually than you, but I don't think "OOP! THAT'S A FATE AVATAR, BETTER LOOK TO THE LEFT." I think "Oh, crap, that's not been Fate all thread, because here's another one. I'm going to have to skim over this discussion again."

No, I usually did the same. But once we all changed it, I simply had to glance over a bit. I didn't even have to adjust to the humongous change either. Sure it took a millisecond out of my life, but big deal. By gum, it was worth it.

Quoted post: Why should we have to cut our fun just because you are too ******* lazy to read? Seriously, this is rediculous.

Because Sabre's an s-mod :(

Posted by sabre

Quoting Lord of Spam: Why should we have to cut our fun just because you are too ******* lazy to read? Seriously, this is rediculous.

Okay, sorry, we overreacted. I should just learn to lighten up. I think I'm going to go through Darkness Advanced now and soft delete each thread, you know, just for sh*ts and giggles. And then if you complain about it, then that's just stupid. Why should I have to cut -my- fun just because you're too lazy to go through it and undelete everything?

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, the reason was to make ourselves laugh. Not only was it humorous, but this thread made it hilarious. Thanks :)

[quote]Yeah, that's usually the point when someone is trying to be annoying.

Quoted post: Solution: Don't read my posts for the few days I have it. You're probably not missing much anyways.

Unacceptable. The solution should not involve me or anyone else having to change because of your behavior. There's no reason for you to do it, and there's no reason anyone else should have to take any extra effort as a result.

Quoted post: Why should we have to cut our fun just because you are too ******* lazy to read? Seriously, this is ridiculous.

Just because it might be fun for you doesn't make it right.

Quoted post: Unacceptable. The solution should not involve me or anyone else having to change because of your behavior. There's no reason for you to do it, and there's no reason anyone else should have to take any extra effort as a result.

Well, there was a reason. It was harmless fun that we thought you be pretty humorous. And it turned out exactly like we expected, more or less. It didn't hurt the boards or anyone else, but still managed to be pretty **** funny. I mean jeez, we didn't even have them up for a full 24 hours. Calm down, you fags.

Posted by sabre

[quote=Vampiro] It didn't hurt the boards or anyone elseYes, it did. That's the point. Maybe -you- didn't get irritated with it, but other people did.

But of course, so long as all the members of Darkness Advanced are happy, -everyone's- happy! It's all "We shouldn't have to cut our fun because some people are getting irritated," but nobody else is allowed to say "We shouldn't have to cut our fun because other people are being stupid." And as soon as Darkness Advanced is PO'd it's "oh no, don't delete our precious darkness advanced!," but if DA are messing things up for other people, it's "we have a right! YOUR opinion isn't the only one! sarcastic quip!"

Posted by Ant

CAN'T WE JUST STOP FIGHTING FOR ONCE!? I CAN'T STAND ALL THIS YELLING!

Quoted post: Yes, it did. That's the point. Maybe -you- didn't get irritated with it, but other people did.

... it hurt the board? How? We didn't even have enough time to post anywhere where it could affect... well, anywhere. Most posts were kept to Fate's picture thread and DA during that time. So, besides old posts, I don't see how it could affect... or even harm anything... at all.

So what if it caused people to look over a bit, that's not harming anything. ESPECIALLY when it only occured for less than... half a day I believe (and most of that was during the night when everyone was asleep). So don't tell me it harmed the boards when I KNOW it didn't.

Quoted post:
But of course, so long as all the members of Darkness Advanced are happy, -everyone's- happy! It's all "We shouldn't have to cut our fun because some people are getting irritated," but nobody else is allowed to say "We shouldn't have to cut our fun because other people are being stupid." And as soon as Darkness Advanced is PO'd it's "oh no, don't delete our precious darkness advanced!," but if DA are messing things up for other people, it's "we have a right! YOUR opinion isn't the only one! sarcastic quip!"

There's a difference. I know you're smart enough to realise it, so I won't bother even arguing that point. But if that's really what you believe, please, never tell me to grow up again.

Posted by Dreadnought

[quote=Sabredog]Yes, it did. That's the point. Maybe -you- didn't get irritated with it, but other people did.

Wai.. What? People exist outside DA? Nice one, Rob. Real funny. Next you'll try and tell me there are GIRLS on the internet!

Posted by NES Queen

this is retarded, and all you smods who are claiming its too much effort to try and distinguish people based on their actual names as opposed to font colors, avatars and sigs are even more retarded.

why not just make a rule for new members that they must choose a font color, avatar and signature that must be entirely different from every single other member (all 5,000+ registered ones, of course) or else they cannot post because it will be too hard to tell them apart from the rest of the posters. no one is allowed to go with the default font color because then people wouldn't be able to instantaneously identify that puke yellow = sabredog, and baby blue = fate, and whatever whatever whatever. because based on what the smods are crying about, no one else on this entire board is allowed to use any of those colors, *gasp*, for fear of possibly being mistaken for someone else currently using them.

the easier solution would have been to make smods the ONLY people capable of changing their font color so mods could easily be identified in threads.

again, this is retarded. it was a retarded sheepish joke by the DA members, which illicted an even more retarded response from the smods. waaaaaaa, i had to actually read someone's name to tell who it was :(

Posted by Lord of Spam

I love you. Again.<3

Seriously, Sabre, you seem like a cool guy, so I dont want to rag on you too much. But how does threatening us (LOL ILL SOFT DELETE UR BLOG ROFL) doesnt really do much to make it seem like you guys are being the responsible ones.

As I said to Speed, this is only funny for us BECAUSE you guys reacted to it. if you guys had just ignored it, chances are that by tomorow it would have been gone anyway. Hell, I'd wager that the only reason any of us* are even talking about it in this thread is that its funny to see the childish reactions of the mods while they at the same time critisize us for being childish. Two wrongs dont make a right, guys.:(

*DA posters

Posted by Ant

Actually, HAD we known this would have caused such an uproar, I don't think we would have done it :)

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah.:(

WE DONT GET NO RESPECT

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting NES Queen:
the easier solution would have been to make smods the ONLY people capable of changing their font color so mods could easily be identified in threads.

:(

There is an even simpler solution to doing that. Just color code the forum mask titles. Such that s-mods are maybe a Red or something and Mods are blue, admins are orange or whatever and regualrs are green. That's how they do it on some other forums, it makes it easier to tell people apart, but who would want to go that far? I mean hell, the only reason why this is getting out of hand more than it needs to is because a thread had to be made abotu it. I saw this comign the minute I saw all of you guys change your avatars and sigs and it was quite obvious you wanted this reaction. So I guess DA succeeds in getting what they wanted. So lets stop now ok?

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Mystic Hero]it was quite obvious you wanted this reaction
You're perfectly right apart from the fact that you're completely ****ing wrong.

Posted by Lord of Spam

OH SNAP.

There is no reason for there to be any further discussion, really. We've all called each other names, realized that nothing were going to come of it, and given up.

Let thread die.

Posted by Aesthetic

[quote=Aesthetic]If this is such a sore spot for you mods, you should make it one of the rules that must be followed when joining and posting at VGC. Might as well let new members know that they aren't allowed to do certain things regarding their avatars and signatures.

[quote=NES Queen]why not just make a rule for new members that they must choose a font color, avatar and signature that must be entirely different from every single other member (all 5,000+ registered ones, of course) or else they cannot post because it will be too hard to tell them apart from the rest of the posters. no one is allowed to go with the default font color because then people wouldn't be able to instantaneously identify that puke yellow = sabredog, and baby blue = fate, and whatever whatever whatever. because based on what the smods are crying about, no one else on this entire board is allowed to use any of those colors, *gasp*, for fear of possibly being mistaken for someone else currently using them.

Award goes to NES Queen for expressing my point on how it was intended. Funnier, too. :cool:

Edit: Now it can die. :(

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Kodachi: Why should I be bothered because you think it's cute to get your friends together and try annoying people?

Shove it.

ANYWAYS, Saberobsterdogwasher got his wishes, so now him and Addy can both be happy again. You're welcome, fags.

[COLOR="Red"]THIS POST BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE JUDGE[/COLOR]

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I could tell the difference. It was a minor annoyance (mission accomplished, guys) but I could tell who was who. There, I hope that helped

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting NES Queen: why not just make a rule for new members that they must choose a font color, avatar and signature that must be entirely different from every single other member (all 5,000+ registered ones, of course) or else they cannot post because it will be too hard to tell them apart from the rest of the posters. .

It wasn't just the font colour. The avatar, signature, location, and gender were copied, too - causing most of the supposed woes. Half the problem for me was having to ignore avatars/signatures for the day.

Quoting Lord of Spam:
Seriously, Sabre, you seem like a cool guy, so I dont want to rag on you too much. But how does threatening us (LOL ILL SOFT DELETE UR BLOG ROFL) doesnt really do much to make it seem like you guys are being the responsible ones.

It was an analogy - likening your disruption of the boards for fun to Sabredog deleting the blog for his personal entertainment! Read closely.

Personally, I found it hilarious. Then furiously irritating. Now, once again, it's hilariously good drama. To be honest, the members of Darkness Advanced deserve an award for invoking some drama and interest in the forums!

:)

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Lord of Spam:

...that was a sonic boom of a woosh.

Posted by Dexter

I don't like Ant's green font because it looks too much like a link and I always end up trying to click it. It's really annoying. Please change it.

Or underline it. :)

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Vampiro: And it turned out exactly like we expected, more or less. It didn't hurt the boards or anyone else, but still managed to be pretty **** funny.

Meaning you expected it to bother people and you did it anyway. Awesome.

Quoted post: why not just make a rule for new members that they must choose a font color, avatar and signature that must be entirely different from every single other member (all 5,000+ registered ones, of course) or else they cannot post because it will be too hard to tell them apart from the rest of the posters. no one is allowed to go with the default font color because then people wouldn't be able to instantaneously identify that puke yellow = sabredog, and baby blue = fate, and whatever whatever whatever. because based on what the smods are crying about, no one else on this entire board is allowed to use any of those colors, *gasp*, for fear of possibly being mistaken for someone else currently using them.

Well, we've went over that. Avatars and sigs serve as a quick way to tell who is posting. Font and font color generally aren't. Choosing the same font color and type usually aren't dont to **** people off. This mess started because they were attempting to bother people. Thanks.

Quoted post: again, this is retarded. it was a retarded sheepish joke by the DA members, which illicted an even more retarded response from the smods. waaaaaaa, i had to actually read someone's name to tell who it was

Yeah, we should just let them get away with what they want. Good plan.

Quoted post: ...that was a sonic boom of a woosh.

Seriously.

Quoted post: As I said to Speed, this is only funny for us BECAUSE you guys reacted to it. if you guys had just ignored it, chances are that by tomorow it would have been gone anyway.

Why should we have to put up with it at all?

Quoted post: Hell, I'd wager that the only reason any of us* are even talking about it in this thread is that its funny to see the childish reactions of the mods while they at the same time critisize us for being childish.

Yeah, because we gave you the attention you so clearly craved. Congrats.

Quoted post: Shove it.

Bend over.

Posted by Dexter

It wasn't that funny. I predicted such a response, honestly. It has happened before.

Posted by Hyper

okay, so this is what I missed

1. DA did something extremely stupid and unfunny that would obviously cause problems

2. mods/regular members react to the problem harshly because they get annoyed (but aren't responsible and should be crucified!)

ugh. it shouldn't have happened in the first place. there's no excuse for that sort of immaturity and ignorance.

Posted by Speedfreak

I didn't react harshly, in my opinion. I figured soft-deleting a handful of posts in my 2 boards under the condition that I'd restore them when they stopped would be enough. Apparantly it wasn't, so I called in Sabre to help me out.

But really I should've been polite about it at first, regardless of whether they deserve it or not. That's what being a mod is about.

You can plainly see from this thread that a lot of people were pissed off by it. If it was intended as a harmless joke they would have stopped the second they found a bunch of people were annoyed by it.
But they didn't, which led me to believe it was intended to get a reaction after all.
At the end of the day mods are supposed to keep this place clean and running smoothly. If a bunch of people are making threads hard to read for other people, ourselves included, then why shouldn't we do anything about it?

This is just a prank that got out of control, that's all. Some of the mods and DA members are being civil about it, others are resorting to name-calling. Whatever, bitch all you want, both parties got pissed off here and now the issue is resolved.

I'm going to make sure petty, dramatic arguements like this don't happen again.

Quoted post: Meaning you expected it to bother people and you did it anyway. Awesome.

The more or less meaning someone would complain and get annoyed (ie Fate, which actually backfired [lol <3]). Instead, it turned into this HUEG thread that was actually resolved within the first ten posts when we complied RIGHT AWAY.

Quoted post:
I didn't react harshly, in my opinion. I figured soft-deleting a handful of posts in my 2 boards under the condition that I'd restore them when they stopped would be enough. Apparantly it wasn't, so I called in Sabre to help me out.

You reacted "harsher" than necessary. You could have just said "Guys, can you please stop?" instead of "GROW THE HELL UP YOU BUNCH OF GAY CHILDREN!!!! :mad:". Also, I don't know if you expected us to notice our post were being deleted, but we obviously didn't... for obvious reasons. So, you actually didn't need Sabre's help at all.

Quoted post: But really I should've been polite about it at first, regardless of whether they deserve it or not. That's what being a mod is about.

So, being a mod is all about being an uptight prick when a handful of members do something childish that really doesn't do much to affect the boards? Huh, I'll have to remember that... because, I actually thought it was the other way around. I figured it was a lot like life, in that you ask politely then gradually turn into a prick. But I see now. Cool.

Quoted post: You can plainly see from this thread that a lot of people were ****ed off by it. If it was intended as a harmless joke they would have stopped the second they found a bunch of people were annoyed by it.
But they didn't, which led me to believe it was intended to get a reaction after all.

Haha. We did, you ****ing retard! You complained, Sabre threatened us (oooo!) and we got rid of it. Check the first few posts of this thread.

Quoted post:
This is just a prank that got out of control, that's all. Some of the mods and DA members are being civil about it, others are resorting to name-calling. Whatever, ***** all you want, both parties got ****ed off here and now the issue is resolved.

Seems like your "party" was the only one to really get ****ed off. The DA people, as you can see by most of the replies, are enjoying this - mainly because you guys are turning it into such a big deal.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Vampiro: The more or less meaning someone would complain and get annoyed (ie Fate, which actually backfired [lol <3]). Instead, it turned into this HUEG thread that was actually resolved within the first ten posts when we complied RIGHT AWAY.

Actually, this thread wasn't the first complaint.
[quote]So, being a mod is all about being an uptight prick when a handful of members do something childish that really doesn't do much to affect the boards? Huh, I'll have to remember that... because, I actually thought it was the other way around. I figured it was a lot like life, in that you ask politely then gradually turn into a prick. But I see now. Cool.
Wow, learn to read.
[quote]Haha. We did, you ****ing retard! You complained, Sabre threatened us (oooo!) and we got rid of it. Check the first few posts of this thread.
Once again, this wasn't the first complaint.

Quoted post: Actually, this thread wasn't the first complaint.

Quoted post: Once again, this wasn't the first complaint.

I didn't see any other complaint...?

Quoted post: Wow, learn to read.

Yeah no kidding, eh? I misread it as "shouldn't've". Oh well :cookie:

Posted by sniper

*** ****, leave VGC alone for a few hours and this **** happens. Same as always: start with someone saying they are annoyed, escalate into wanting bannings, several page argument, timely Hyper humor elitist comment.

I was the one one made the topic which started this rolling, and my intention was not to annoy people. Just because you think that was the intention, doesn't immediately make it so. I simply thought it would be funny to have hordes of Fate clones over the boards. We didn't pick Fate because we wanted to annoy her. If it was really causing a problem (guess I didn't notice it) then delete posts, and if it persists, edit the profiles. Supermods can do that, right? Why immediately assume we are trying to **** off everyone and resort to ban-threats?

The only people that are really getting "****ed off" are the people that are always ****ed (guess who lol).

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Kodachi: Well, we've went over that. Avatars and sigs serve as a quick way to tell who is posting. Font and font color generally aren't. Choosing the same font color and type usually aren't dont to **** people off. This mess started because they were attempting to bother people. Thanks.

if you guys really cared about the "wellfare of the vgc community" and preserving members ability to distinguish between each others posts based on avatars and signatures and whatnots.... you all would have done something about it when phlynthe started the whole copycat phenomenon. he began "borrowing" peoples avatars and sigs, and you guys did nothing about it.

the DA members, as original as they are, simply expanded upon this little game of his and vamped it up a notch as only they could do best. the mods only threw a hissy fit and claimed it was a disruption and annoying and bothersome and immature and blah blah fu[COLOR="White"]c[/COLOR]king blah when DA did it. granted, they did it on a much larger scale than phlynthe, but regardless, breaking/bending/manipulation of the rules (be them written or not) should apply to everyone. you can't just pick and choose when to be a mod and "help restore order" to the blessed land of VgC.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Vampiro: I didn't see any other complaint...?

Yeah no kidding, eh? I misread it as "shouldn't've". Oh well :cookie:

I believe there is a thread about it in DA.

Ok.

Quoted post: and my intention was not to annoy people.

That's not what other people are saying. Don't change the story in the middle of it, thanks.
[quote]if you guys really cared about the "wellfare of the vgc community" and preserving members ability to distinguish between each others posts based on avatars and signatures and whatnots.... you all would have done something about it when phlynthe started the whole copycat phenomenon. he began "borrowing" peoples avatars and sigs, and you guys did nothing about it.
Jesse unbans people that don't deserve to be unbanned.
Oh, and I complained to Pywhatever when he did it.

Quoted post: I believe there is a thread about it in DA.

... no? The only threads about it is the one where we thought up the idea, the one where we initiated it, and the one where we talked about this thread.

Quoted post:
That's not what other people are saying. Don't change the story in the middle of it, thanks.

Read that again. He said "MY". He made the thread.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Kodachi: Jesse unbans people that don't derve to be unbanned.

Oh, and I complained to Pywhatever when he did it to me.

what does jesse's moronic tendencies and inability to properly act as an admin have to do with phlynthe's avatar/sig stealing?

smods arn't new members. they know what they're getting into when they agree to the spot and the support (or lack thereof) they'll get from the admin when they do their job. just because you think Jesse will revert people/things back to how they were doesnt mean you don't even try to do the right thing.

and if complaining to the idiot did nothing to resolve the issue (surprise, surprise), then you should have went to a smod to step in, or publicly flame him to stop like whoever made this thread did to the DA people.

Posted by Linko_16

It was pretty annoying, but... seriously, guys, you could've just asked. I mean, they're a pretty amiable bunch.

Posted by mis0

OK, this is really stupid. If you uber mods who raised this little complaint really were keyed into your own rules, you'd realise that there's nothing saying this is an infraction. Nor should it be. Users are supposed to be allowed to choose what they want as a signature/avatar. And just because it's similar or the same as another user doesn't mean ****. PAY ATTENTION.

Seriously, if you're this uptight about such a minor thing, resign. And Sabre, aren't you on strike? So much for that, amirite? :rolleyes:

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Vampiro: ... no? The only threads about it is the one where we thought up the idea, the one where we initiated it, and the one where we talked about this thread.

Read that again. He said "MY". He made the thread.

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=13039

So, I'm supposed to believe that he was a perfect little angel while the rest of you are willing to admit you did it hoping to annoy someone?

Quoted post: what does jesse's moronic tendencies and inability to properly act as an admin have to do with phlynthe's avatar/sig stealing?

smods arn't new members. they know what they're getting into when they agree to the spot and the support (or lack thereof) they'll get from the admin when they do their job. just because you think Jesse will revert people/things back to how they were doesnt mean you don't even try to do the right thing.

and if complaining to the idiot did nothing to resolve the issue (surprise, surprise), then you should have went to a smod to step in, or publicly flame him to stop like whoever made this thread did to the DA people.

I don't suppose you remember the complete idiots we had to put up with because of Jesse. He likes to have one or two around at all times, and there's nothing we can do. They get banned, and Jesse unbans them soon after. It really does become worthless to try banning people like him. Bjarni, Bakura, Max Mouse... there were plenty of them. They just become things we have to deal with.
This is different. The people who did this know better. We should not have gotten something like that from those people, and we should not have to put up with it. Some of those people are moderators.

Oh, and we did flame Pywhatever. Lots.

Quoted post:
Seriously, if you're this uptight about such a minor thing, resign.

Seriously, we went over this. Yeah, it's a minor annoyance. But, we shouldn't have to put up with it. Your intentions were not good, and you know better. Why the hell should we have to be bothered because you want to annoy people and laugh?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]So, being a mod is all about being an uptight prick when a handful of members do something childish that really doesn't do much to affect the boards? Huh, I'll have to remember that... because, I actually thought it was the other way around. I figured it was a lot like life, in that you ask politely then gradually turn into a prick. But I see now. Cool.

No, I said being a mod is about being polite regardless of whether you deserve it or not.

Can someone lock this thread? The problem has been solved and I don't particularly want to be involved with a thread about how much Darkness Advanced sucks or how much every part of VGC but Darkness Advanced sucks. It's not what I set out to do at all.

I'd really like Lord of Spam to point out that I did, in fact, retract all threats and ask politely, by the way.

Posted by Fate

On one final note, I hope you guys are aware that image association is in nature, so it's easy to see why people are upset that their sense of awareness is being ****ed with.

I figured it would go away, so it didn't bother me. Oh, well.