Posted by Klarth

http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/772/772044/vid_1481002.html

Hideously low-res textures.

I remain unsurprised.

Posted by Speedfreak

NEXT GEN POINT FIVE.

Posted by Axis

I think it looks fantastic. :/

Oh, this isn't PS3 footage either. This exact same footage is under the 360 section. It hasn't been confirmed which one this is for yet.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Axis]
I think it looks fantastic. :/
Wait for the point when the player is taking aim with his rifle and look at the sight.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Klarth: Wait for the point when the player is taking aim with his rifle and look at the sight.

Read an interview with the guy who's developing it. This game isn't even anywhere close to being done. He said they've barely...wait, I have the quote by Randy himself right here:

[quote=DuvalMagic]You guys are going to get to see a lot of things evolve between now and ship.

The most hard core can find tons of differences between videos, the screenshots and everything we're going to show moving forward.

We've got TONS of work to do, but we don't want to hold back any more. We're far enough along where we want to share.

Weapons need work, the video had a lot of proof of concept animations and textures, we're re-doing iron sights (At E3, the M1 will look close to good enough down the sights, but still not perfect for us). If I made an exhaustive list of all the work that still must be done, it would probably contain more content than 10 copies of this thread. Something along the lines of forty or fifty man years worth of work to go... Seriously.

There are lots of things you guys are going to get to see change moving forward...

Thanks for understanding - I hope you guys are happy about seeing stuff, though.
The guy (poster) is very reliable with his information. He posts over at the Brothers in Arms forums and got his original quote from there.

Posted by Klarth

"You guys are going to get to see a lot of things evolve between now and ship."

Much in the same way as in how the Killzone tech demo is gonna resemble the finished product, right?

Whatever, I guess. It could wind up being totally different.

Posted by Axis

For one, Ubisoft actually delivers with their games. They did the same thing with Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for 360 and pretty much delivered. So I wouldn't be suprised to see it improve. The gun modeling is no better than Call of Duty 2, and most of the textures are worse than other games I've seen. What we saw in that video is totally possible.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Looks a tad better than CoD2 in some aspects, otherwise, not that impressive. Though, like Axis is saying, chances are it's going to improve quite a bit. It may not look as good as everyone is expecting, but oh well.

Posted by TendoAddict

Intresting.

Ill be keeping my eye on this game. Looks like it could be good. Just hope they dont make the control of your troops crazy and complex.

Posted by Axis

Quoting TendoAddict: Intresting.

Ill be keeping my eye on this game. Looks like it could be good. Just hope they dont make the control of your troops crazy and complex.

The past two games they've made it very user-friendly. I expect this to be the same.

Posted by Hero'sCrest

Oh ***, no matter what platform it is on, Brothers In Arms has the worst graphics of all time. And it SUCKS!!

But this one I can have a change of heart for :P

... what? BiA is actually a very good looking game. Road to Hill 30, for example, on the original Xbox looks great visually.

Posted by Hero'sCrest

Really? Well if that is your opinion its cool. I beat the first one, since it was something new. I tried the second one and put it down after about thirty minutes though. Mine was on the PS2, do you think the graphics could of been worse on the PS2 version?

Edit: Though my friend told me the graphics on the Xbox were bad too...hmm.

Take a look: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/brothersinarms/screenindex.html

That's pretty good for a multi-platform game. Obviously they aren't too good if you're going to compare them to CoD2 on the 360, but for what they are, being on an Xbox, that's pretty good. Definitely not "bad" anyways.

Posted by Ant

Hit it's weak point for massive damage.

Posted by Bebop

I would expect these graphics from the Wii.

Posted by Hero'sCrest

That probally the thing Vampiro, after seeing the graphics of the 360 and stuff...nothing else really compares. Not saying that I always didn't like the Brothers In Arms graphics, but now...I reeeally don't like them lol. I don't know.

Edit: Oh I am not talking about the first one. If you read my earlier post I said that I beat the first one. It was the second one I didn't like. I think it was called Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood. Also now looking at my post I can understand how you could of though I was talking about both of them sucking, sorry for the confusion.

It doesn't matter which game I used, because they look nearly identical.

Posted by Hero'sCrest

Not to me, I thought Earned In Blood was...Well, I don't know how to explain it actually. Lol. Just not my cup of tea.

It's not whether it's your cup of tea or not. The games look almost exactly the same. It's a fact, look it up.

Posted by Hero'sCrest

Ok lol...Take it so seriously? Gawsh, respect my opinion please?

Edit: And oh yea, just because I don't like it doesn't mean it's a horrible game to other people. It's just MY opinion, K?

How was I taking it seriously? The last part alone shows that I don't. I don't even like the games that much... I'm just saying. They're good looking games. It's actually a fact.

Posted by Hero'sCrest

K, must of read one of your post the wrong way or something, I sawwy.

Posted by SmileInYourSleep

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Yea, Hero'sCrest. Not to be rude or anything but I don't really agree with you. I liked Brothers In Arms at that time. I thought the graphics were okay (until I picked up a 360). But then again your opinion is your opinion. And by the way the graphics are awesome. I watched the full trailer somewhere. I'm trying to decide whether that is real gameplay or what. Anyone know? If you do please tell me.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Quoted post: And by the way the graphics are awesome. I watched the full trailer somewhere. I'm trying to decide whether that is real gameplay or what. Anyone know? If you do please tell me.

The new Brothers in Arms game? It's definitely not in-game, if I recall correctly. At most in-engine. But most likely just CG. It looks a little... too good.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Okay, thanks lol. Yea it did look a little 'too good'. But I was hoping, if it was in-game that would of been wicked. Do you think they will ever make a video game with that good in-game graphics? [/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Axis

It's in-game. They had a 8 or 9 minute demo video on some other website. What you saw is real. Hell, just look at the gun, it looks like crap.

Posted by TendoAddict

Im unimpressed with this game.

Yet, Its not done yet. So Im not judging it quite yet.

But I hope they get going on it because its not that great, and its horrible for some thing costing $500-$600

Posted by Axis

Quoting TendoAddict: Im unimpressed with this game.

Yet, Its not done yet. So Im not judging it quite yet.

But I hope they get going on it because its not that great, and its horrible for some thing costing $500-$600

It's running off a 360....

Quoting Axis: Hell, just look at the gun, it looks like crap.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]What?! Okay I am confused, is it in-game or not people. Not trying to be rude or anything. But if it is in-game, how could you think that those graphics aren't good? Maybe it's just me but those graphics look amazing.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Bebop

Well then you are retarded. For a 360 this are still bland.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Okay, whatever you think...Have you ever heard of respecting someones opinion? It would be nice.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Speedfreak

Your opinion is not grounded in fact, so there's not much reason to respect it.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]It still is my opinion, just because it isn't supported as good as it could be doesn't mean you shouldn't respect it. I mean you do not see me going around dis-respecting what other people have to say.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Axis

I still think the game looks really good. The character models IMO are superb.

Quoted post: It's in-game. They had a 8 or 9 minute demo video on some other website. What you saw is real. Hell, just look at the gun, it looks like crap.

Oh yeah, I remember someone commenting on how the gun looked... guess I recalled something that looked better than it actually was.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting SmileInYourSleep: [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]It still is my opinion, just because it isn't supported as good as it could be doesn't mean you shouldn't respect it. I mean you do not see me going around dis-respecting what other people have to say.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Ok so I should respect your opinion even though it has no fact and is invalid? I'll do that right after I respect a Scientologist for having the opinion that the human race was created by an all powerful alien who brain washes ghosts.

Opinion against fact is not an opinion. It's stupidity. I don't respect stupidity.