Ideas for a new mario game?

Posted by thug2777

I think they should create a game called Mario and the seven wonders

Or paper mario and the death trap.

Posted by Corrupt

I don't suppose you'd mind elaborating on the ideas of the games, perhaps? If you're going to come up with the name for a new Mario game, you might as well post some kind of description of it...

Although I will say that the second name you suggested does sound good, heh.

Posted by Barrysun

maybe about a crossover with Bowser and Gannon joining forces and kidnaps Peach and Zelda and Mario and Link (I perfer Young Link and bring his masks from Majora's mask) must join forces to defeat them.

Posted by Mikeachu

[COLOR=Silver]I've had this idea I've been brainstorming for years now: an RTS set in the world of the Mario games. By now the idea has expanded into an 11-page document detailing all the factions & what units & buildings they have, the game's plot, a few "innovations" to the genre, and what unlockables there are.[/COLOR]

Posted by trestinator

I think they should remake the classic games where you get to the end of the level for just simple fun.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

No more Mario. There's already enough games in development.

Posted by inequity

How about a co-op mode? Players 1 and 2 could play through a new mario adventure together.

Quoting Vampiro: No more Mario. There's already enough games in development.

Maybe so, but most of those aren't classic mario platformers. Mostly mario sport games.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Inequity: How about a co-op mode? Players 1 and 2 could play through a new mario adventure together.

It's already coming out. It's called "New Super Mario Bros. DS"

Posted by valor19

Quoting Pit: It's already coming out. It's called "New Super Mario Bros. DS"

Maybe he is talking about a Mario adventure like super mario 64 or mario sunshine

Posted by Drewboy64

They need a game where it focuses more so on combat than jumping around. Of course, jumping across obstacles and stuff would still be there, but you could have enemies like the Bullies from Mario 64, plus unique boss fights.

Posted by holy_flare

I think that Nintendo need a Mario game that has a better world and story. Instead of the usual "Mario, I need help...save me from Bowser." There needs to be something that gets Mario together with all the characters from Mario Tennis, Baseball, and Mario: Kart Double Dash. Sorry peoples...no Link, Kirby, Samus etc. this time.

Anyway, the story sould still be a "save the princess thing" or something like that, but it should focus on Luigi and Daisy. I think Nintendo hasn't gone deep enough into the life of Luigi and Daisy. They need to have a castle somewhere. The game should also include Baby Luigi and Baby Mario since they just suddenly came into the picture.

There should be more boss fights. It's like the rivalry between the brothers and Petty Piranha, King Bomb-omb, Donky Kong or Birdo just all of a sudden ended and either the character basically disappeared or became friends with everyone else. Birdo all of a sudden became friends with Mario, then in love with Yoshi. That's just freaking confusing for me. The story needs to be deeper in sooooooo many places. And since when did Bowser Jr. come into the picture?! Who the heck ever loved bowser? Was his son found or adopted or something?! Who the heck is Todette?!

A new Mario game would be soooooo awesome if Nintendo would just go deeper into the story and stop adding new things and taking away old things right out of the blue!!!

Is there anyone that agrees with me? I want to know!

Posted by Last Fog

Here's an idea... Nintendo should make a new franshise for once in 10 years instead of milking the old ones forever and ever. But thats not gonna happen sooo...

They should make a mario game where the plot is something different than "omg giant turtle captures princess better rescue her again lol"

Wait.. that might never happen either... Oh well.

Quoted post: Here's an idea... Nintendo should make a new franshise for once in 10 years instead of milking the old ones forever and ever. But thats not gonna happen sooo...

They have.

Quoted post:
They should make a mario game where the plot is something different than "omg giant turtle captures princess better rescue her again lol"

Wait.. that might never happen either... Oh well.

They have.

Posted by Meteordragon01

Quoting Pit: It's already coming out. It's called "New Super Mario Bros. DS"

Sorry to say this, but the new super mario bros is not a true co-op. Yes, you can do a co-op-like thing, but you can hurt each other and stuff. Thats not co-op. Its the same as in Super Mario Kart for the Super Nintendo. You can play a 2P game, but you can still attack each other or you could not and it would be a form of co-op. Co-op means you cooperate with another person. What good does a co-op mode do, if you can damage your partner? They need to be able to enable/disable the option to attack partners. The only reason I wanted to get the New Super Mario Bros was because it was supposably co-op, and now I hear that you cooperate by NOT attacking each other(Which can prove quite difficult in some situations) Lets not even go on about how my friend beat it in a freakin day.(well actually about 13 hours non stop) And because 13 hours of gameplay at minimum is not worth the 40 or 30 dollars that they want for the game:(
On a side note sorry for complaining so much, I had a REALLY bad day....

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Meteordragon01: Sorry to say this, but the new super mario bros is not a true co-op. Yes, you can do a co-op-like thing, but you can hurt each other and stuff.

Being able to hurt each other is part of what a true co-op game is.

Wrong. Friendly-fire does not exist in real life. Bullets and punches just ricochet off anyone on your team.

Posted by tectite

How about mario vs princess peach?

Posted by Henry Midfield

Hello, folks. This is my first time to post. Once I used to be a fan of Mario and I recently became interested again in his games. (esp. Mario Kart Double Dash!)

An idea for a new Mario game? I have some suggestions:

1. Have Luigi and Daisy as the main characters. No offence, but I must admit, I wasn't really happy by the fact that Nintendo had been reusing the same old stories. It would be facinating to know how Luigi would save Daisy...

2. On a more "familiar" (?) note, I would like to see another Double Dash racing game, which includes all of the characters appeared in the whole series!! In other words, some one-time characters like Mallow, Geno, and Smithy from Super Mario RPG also shows up in the race along with the usual racers. Even characters like Wart from Super Mario Bros. 2, or DK Jr. in the second Mario game...

Pardon me for writing this long reply.

Posted by Red

I think the next Mario game should be MARIO:THE LAST MARIO GAME

I mean come on hes got like 300 games and how many of them aren't completely crappy...not much. I say they take more time and care with the Mario games and stop producing them from their asses

Posted by Dog

Quoting Mr.Red: I think the next Mario game should be MARIO:THE LAST MARIO GAME

I mean come on hes got like 300 games

All the reason to not stop.

Posted by Red

ur lacking both logic and the brains to make a correct sentence. take out one of the "to" and you should be good though.

Posted by Dog

lol fixed.

Posted by Red

now what about your reason for why they Should'nt stop.

Posted by InYourAtmosphere

They should just make another kind of Mario 64 game, but for the DS or something cheap compared to the big consoles.

Posted by Henry Midfield

Probably make a new adventure game of Luigi and Daisy. This is what we haven't seen yet. Besides I am kind of bored with the same old story. (Which is why I am happy that Mario and Luigi RPG came up.)

Posted by Red

how about Paper Mario - Revenge of the scissors

Posted by Pit

Quoting Meteordragon01: Sorry to say this, but the new super mario bros is not a true co-op. Yes, you can do a co-op-like thing, but you can hurt each other and stuff. Thats not co-op. Its the same as in Super Mario Kart for the Super Nintendo. You can play a 2P game, but you can still attack each other or you could not and it would be a form of co-op. Co-op means you cooperate with another person. What good does a co-op mode do, if you can damage your partner? They need to be able to enable/disable the option to attack partners. The only reason I wanted to get the New Super Mario Bros was because it was supposably co-op, and now I hear that you cooperate by NOT attacking each other(Which can prove quite difficult in some situations) Lets not even go on about how my friend beat it in a freakin day.(well actually about 13 hours non stop) And because 13 hours of gameplay at minimum is not worth the 40 or 30 dollars that they want for the game:(
On a side note sorry for complaining so much, I had a REALLY bad day....

Notice I posted that in 2005, when they announced the game co-op and the took off the feature and stuff? See what happens when you don't look at the dates of old posts?

Posted by muffla

they should make mario 3864 where you get cool guns and atack robots
then when ever you get a mushroom the cops would chase youe cuz they r dugs.

also you could steal mario carts ala gta

Posted by NeXidala

ha a paper mario would be cool where marios deadliest attck is the horrid.....mystifying.....unbelievable...........PAPERCUT!!!:double: