Your most favorite RPG character and why?

Posted by Xenos

I can't really say I had a "favorite", there were many great characters out there, from Fei Wong Fong to Ark from Terranigma, but there was never a person that made me obsessed or love over.

Posted by Philsdad

I'd have to say Viktor from Suikoden II. He is very powerful, very useful, and has one of the most hilarious personalities ever.

Posted by Kit

I'm not sure. It would be one of these.

Sabin~FF6- Strong, his moves are easy to use and he is hilarious.

Lloyd~Tales of Symphonia- He is easy to use, quick attacks, decent running speed and also hilarious.

Bebedora~Arc: Twilight of the spirits- Her puppet threads weave a web of despair, and they are very helpful, plus she gets some very good spells.

Volk~Arc: Twilight of the spirits- He is strong, and his increase attack/defence spells help.

Vivi~FF9- He's a black mage, what else to say?

Posted by Cloudstud

Um i think its obvious.

<-----

Probably because it was my first RPG and i think the first you play for some people makes the biggest impact. I just love cloud and he will always be my favorite.

Posted by Corrupt

Prince Laharl from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Looks cool, he's bada[b][/b]ss, he's evil, and he also reminds me a lot of myself when I was much younger. :P

'nuff said.

Posted by The Bathroom Zombie

Probably Jon Irenicus From BG2. He had the perfect balance of eveil and insanity.

Posted by Fiindil

erm, all from the BG series

Minsc (and Boo) just because they're insane and great party members
Edwin- Ever wanted that evil spellcaster who hates incompetence?
Montaron- Perhaps one of the most evil NPC's to ever appear in an RPG (who's not related to the main character or is an evil version of someone else)
Joneleth Irenicus- See above
Xan- Hurrah for manic depressive elven mages!
Sarevok- Deathbringer Assault, 'nuff said

Posted by Shade

Felix from Golden Sun/The Lost Age. I could use all kinds of weapons, was very powerfull with psynergy, and was a real bad*ss.

Auron from FFX. He's just cool.

Posted by William

I can't pick just one, so I'll list mine and give my reasonings.

Kefka (Final Fantasy VI) - Probably my favorite video game villain of all time. Ingenious, evil, crazy mastermind.

Lloyd (Legend of Dragoon) - He was just absolutely amazing. From when you first fight him, to the end of the game - he always had interested me. And not to mention, he gained the powers of the Platinum Dragoon, and that, was plain awesome.

Albedo + chaos (Xenosaga Episode I) - Albedo's ability + chaos' mysteriousness, along with his looks, the voice (Reminded me of Dark Crystal), and his abilities as well.

Posted by sephiroth_theunborn

Sephiroth because he was so powerful even though he is a push over at the end of 7

Posted by Ronin

Sephiroth of course, and then sora next, and then after sora, i would pick lloyd from legend of the dragoon because he was just plain awesome.

Posted by Map42892

seph from ff7 because hes got the villain thing going pretty well.

Posted by inuyasha kicks

i have several:

kratos-tales of symphonia- he is kick ***, is 4000 years old but still youthful, wise, powerful, and a cool personality and cool looks

alex-golden sun- he is an always calm guy, he is the most powerful, is plotting against everyone(even his comrades) from the start, and he controls water my favorite element

riku-kingdom hearts- over all he is just a badass with a cool personality, cool looks, grey hair, and the most unique power of all: twilight

cid-all ff games- he is just really cool because he is always the airship owner and is hilarious*cough* cough* ff7 cough*

Posted by Klarth

Mint from Tales of Phantasia - Quiet yet interesting personality, and the extremely well-written script made it more fun to find out more about her.

Crono from Chrono Trigger - The only really interesting silent protagonist I've seen.

I was going to mention someone else, but it seems to have slipped my mind.

Posted by Nevinyrral

Riku from Kingdom Hearts. Cause he has a cocky personality and he just plain kicks ***.

Posted by Barrysun

my list.
Pokemon
Mewtwo: ultimate Pokemon that can wipe out even the toughest pokemon around

Articuno: a very "Cool" pokemon that has lots of ice attacks.

FF7
Yuffie: fun character who can morph enemies into items with ease.

FF9
Elko: the fairy girl with lots of holy power.

(breath of fire 2)
Katt: an all attacker tiger lady.

Ryu: dragon summons rock.

FFT:

Ramza: a hero with a hard past.

Rafa: a strong magic user.

and that's it for me.

Posted by streak101

Link why? The legend of zelda was my first video game and i grew up with zelda games. other favorites cloud (FF7), sora(kingdom hearts) my sim, FF chronicles, and runescape character, and sephiroth(FF7) :sniper: *pikachu* :bangbang: :bowser: :devil: :flame:

Posted by mralph225

Squall, from final fantasy VIII cuz he's just like me

Posted by brownoystercult

Plus he has the kick-ass GunBlade.

For me, If GTA:San Andreas counts as an RPG, I would pick CJ. Later on in the game I really felt for him and the emotional stuff soar heights for a videogame. I dont know why but it was only for me. When Big Smoke and Ryder betrayed CJ I was pissed.. It was just a great game. I loved the storyline. And CJ is gangsta.

Posted by Acheron

Squall is one of the lamest characters in the existence of RPGs.

Now, Jon Irenicus. THAT'S where it's at. Good job for putting him in your list, Fiindil.

Posted by Meru

Hard decision.

Final Fantasy II- Leonheart - This guy actually had everybody in Phin worried that he was dead. He had betrayed all his friends and is just plain badass. XD

Tales of Symphonia- Lloyd - This guy is just plain hilarious. Expecially with Presea around.

Golden Sun: Lost Age- Alex - He just impresses me alot. He can play both the goody and the bad guy and fit both parts like a glove. Either way, he plots with evil as an idol.

Golden Sun: Lost Age- Lunpa - Though a very minor character, he had alot of spunk and energy for the time and events going on at the time. It was hilarious.

Final Fantasy VIII- Irvine - Though the occassional wussy, he often pisses off Zell, and can drag everyone up for the time being.

Final Fantasy VIII- Seifer - He had the amazing ability to not only piss off Zell (which is funny inside of itself), but the rest of the world for namely, himself. He even enjoyed it in the process.

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Corrupt: Prince Laharl from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Looks cool, he's bada[b][/b]ss, he's evil, and he also reminds me a lot of myself when I was much younger. :P

'nuff said.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
LoL, it reminds me of myself also, only because I used to run around with a cape on though...

I knew before I clicked on this thread that Seph.(FFVII) would be mentioned, and I'm just waiting for someone to go crazy on Cloud (FFVII).

Complete Random: When I was young I ran around naked alot.;)
[/COLOR]

Posted by Kazame

Let's see....

Tales of Symphonia: Kratos; Gotta love the warriors. Lloyd was too much of a pansy, and Genis was bleh.

Final Fantasy VII: RedXIII/Nanaki: One of the more intelligent characters, and kicked ass by clawing/biting enemies to death...

Xenosaga Epsiodes I & II: KOS-MOS; Her looks can kill you, literally. XD

Posted by Litbut

BassGS from the Megaman Battle Network 3 game. (Where I got my name) and um...probably Yaradovich and Mario from Super Mario RPG.

Posted by Black_Wolf

Cyan Garamode - Final Fantasy III: Cyan is the defintion of noble. The protector of Doma watches his family die from poison which is in itself a tragedy, but then his killer rampage on Kefka's forces is a great scene. He is by far one of the more compelling characters in the game. Plus, Sword Tech fucking Rocks.

Posted by Majeh717

Shadow Hearts-yuri-he's just so badass
FFVII-squall-calm cool,and gets the girls

Posted by Granseal

All time fave character would have to be... either Pahn or Granseal from Suikoden 1 or.... Leon From Tales Of Destiny.

Posted by Hannibal King

Gyzor from one of my games on Rpg maker, i can make some pretty badass games on that

Posted by El Capitan

Tough decison, I think I like Zidane the most. Just because he got smarter and martured as the story went on.

Posted by verystrait42

vivi (vivi rules all)
sephoroth
quina

in that order

Posted by Calamity

Lucas Blight- Suikoden II.

Can't beat pure untamed evil. Also, the *spoiler I guess* way he died almost made me feel sorry for his ***. The fact that it took three consecutive parties plus a 1-on-1 duel to take him down puts him in the bad*** (stupid censors -_-) catorgory.

Posted by Tails

[IMG]http://re2.mm-b1.yimg.com/image/683901838[/IMG] Geno, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars- Because he is quick, powerful, and can fire high energy lasers from his arm and can strike multiple foes. He's also a doll that's being controlled by a star spirit and there's just something cool about that...

[IMG]http://re2.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/31881190[/IMG] Isaac, Golden Sun- Able to control the power of the earth with his mind and weilds many powerful swords... not to mention he's my friend's favorite, too.

[IMG]http://re2.mm-c1.yimg.com/image/1322037125[/IMG] Felix, Golden Sun: The Lost Age- A friend yet rival to Isaac. I actually like him more because he kinda looks like me... kinda. I always argue with my friend that Felix is cooler than Isaac.

[IMG]http://re2.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/377944708[/IMG] Moogle, any nuber of Final Fantasy games, but especially Tactics Advance- Moogles are funny little guys that love to play pranks on others but can kick some major butt when the time comes. They got a nice role in FFTA and I love having an all moogle clan for unknown reasons.

(I only posted the pics because I've been having troulbe getting pics to stay recently...)

Posted by Klarth

I really don't think we needed the pictures sir. There is, after all, a test board.

And I remember who I was thinking of now: Ark from Terranigma.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Fei Fong Wong. I don't really know why. I just love this guy. Everything about him makes me wish that I could be him. Maybe it's because Xenogears was my first RPG.

Posted by S

Agreed with Vampire Slayer here, Fei Fong Wong is awesome. But I do believe Id is just a smidgen more bad-***. And Emeralda is equal to Id in my point of view.

And someone I can't forget to mention, Crono from Chrono Trigger.

Posted by Silver Dragon

From Fable: The lost chapters, the guy u play as(you choose your own name) because if u do evil things, you turn evil, and same for good things, and people on the game treat you differently if u have horns growing out when u are evil of your head or a halo above your head for being good

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Cloud - FFVII : Yes, I'm a ***-****ed fanboy.

Vivi - FFIX : He rocked so much world.

Jack - Radiata Stories : Biggest retard ever to rock ***.

Thrall - WC3/WoW : Just play the games to see why.

Tomi - NWN : The sarcastic little fool saved my life too many times.

Posted by Sak

Sheena Fujibayashi - Tales of Symphonia - She's just cool.

Paine - FF X-2 - SHE'S GOTH!

Posted by jefferey shalome

Cloud of FFVII. He arrives and kicks some utter *** for sephiroth killing his beloved. Utter kick asserey. Then sora, because he is just sora, nuff said.

Posted by Zeta

Let's see here...

Kefka- Come on, how can you NOT like this guy? He would ****ing whup Sephiroth.

Fia- My favorite Riviera girl. <3

Zelos- I tend to like the characters that provide comedy. "We're goin' with my pimp plan!"

...Holy crap, I can't remember anyone else. :(

Posted by Ichigo54

The best RPG characters ever are:
Frog~Chrono Trigger~Hes a friggin frog with a sword~
Magus~Chrono Trigger~The Ruler of Darkness, Love it~
Crono~Chrono Trigger~ Ultimate fighter, destroys all with lightning~
Robo~Chrono Trigger~Hes a ***-****ned robot~
Mario~Paper Mario~Defeated Bowser, AND the X-Nauts with style~
Link~Ocorina+Twilight Princess~Hes Link, Nuff said~

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

ya mines a tie between Sephiroth-FF7 and Vincent-FF7, and Frog-CronoTrigger.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Acheron:
Now, Jon Irenicus.

Irenicus is a fabulous character. How dare bioware degrade him by making the end battle extremely simple.

Jon Irenicus - one of my favourite evil characters. Intelligent, dominant, powerful and arrogant. What more could you want.

Imoen - Although irritating at times, I always keep Imoen in my party. She's just so upbeat and happy.

Jaheira - What a *****. But a likeable one (plus she's a tree hugger, and just plain awesome). I'm baffled as to why she paired up with Khalid. I always make sure that she slays him.

Etna - Does this even need explaining? Smart, hilarious, hot, etc.

Laharl - Badass

Squall - Despite much hatred towards him from most people, I still have a soft spot for him.

These are but a few.

Posted by GameMiestro

If you call Castlevania: PoR an RPG, I'd put Brauner on my list. His boss fight is the best in the game, plus, I like his little bits of dialogue (This... is... art!). :)

Posted by Orlandu

Orlandu and Mewtwo, because I beleive they are the most powerful characters to step into gaming. Orlandu is so bad he does roughly 80% of all damage ur team deals out after he joins you and you could probably beat the original pokemon with Mewtwo alone.

Posted by Mefossa

The Dark Adonis/ Mid Boss from Disgaea Hour of Darkness

He is the coolest of all characters. He just doesn't know when to give up, and he is a demon with free access to Celestia.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Sak: Sheena Fujibayashi - Tales of Symphonia - She's just cool.

Paine - FF X-2 - SHE'S GOTH!

I decided to make my "whys" more legit than a simple "they're cool".

Sheena Fujibayashi - Tales of Symphonia - She's a pretty complex character; she shows her emotions easily, her weapons are cool, and she's not really your typical ninja if you ask me.

Paine - Final Fantasy X-2 - Though Paine is rather underdeveloped, I still find her cool. Her coldness towards most people really sets her apart from Yuna and Rikku. I really dunno why she's one of my favorites, she just is.

Posted by kinco

Though widely criticized as the most femenine looking character in video game history, I'm going with Tidus from FFX. His backstory was very confusing, but he made you believe in his saga. You laughed when he laughed, you cried when he cried...../sigh. Great game. lol

Posted by Red

I'm going to say Sora, not just because I'm a huge KH fan, but because he was my age, I could sort of relate to him. I liked his unique clothing, and his couragousness(sp) when everything had been taken away from him.

P.S: 666th post! =p

Posted by Yuriy1988

Moya lubimaya Rolevaya... Sorry.
My favorite RPG is Fallout2. Because it class. Great characters. The savage with the ground, the Old man with a rifle. And in general: a theme of nuclear war and an atmosphere of a full decadence. Abruptly.

Posted by cronomaster

favorite character Albel He is so full of hate you love him not to mention he has skills

Posted by Cloud 9

I've got to go with Orlandu, He's so stupid powerful. Try and beat Tactics without him, the game is easily twice as hard, especially if your not swift with the job classes and how arrange your Ramza. The old Knight with 2-swords just doesn't cut it without the Thunder *** to save your skin.
I'm also a big fan of the Legendary Birds from the original Pokemon series. Having Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres could make anytime versatile, throw in Mewtwo and ur sittin pretty stout.

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

Both from Suikoden II:
Flik - because he's just so cool.
Luca Blight - the only RPG villain who doesn't need some sappy backstory for an excuse to be evil. HOO HOO HEE HEE PIGS

Posted by Poco

Quoting Angelwing:

Etna - Does this even need explaining? Smart, hilarious, hot, etc.

Laharl - Badass

How do you think Etna is hot? She looks 12, triple that and you have the age group the game was intended for.

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

Quoting Poco: How do you think Etna is hot? She looks 12

You just made Etna sound even hawter.

Posted by Poco

Quoting iluvgirlswithglasses: You just made Etna sound even hawter.

poison parachute account found

Posted by Shade

Nikolai from Luminous Arc. Hilarious personality, and tries to get it on with a seven year old. How can you not love?

Posted by Poco

Quoting Shade: Nikolai from Luminous Arc. Hilarious personality, and tries to get it on with a seven year old. How can you not love?

why are so many pedophiles at vgc?

Posted by Zeta

With initials like VGC, how could there NOT be pedophiles all over the place?

Posted by Shade

I'm not the pedophile. Nikolai is.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

It's tough to settle on one character. I love Ramza (FFT) a whole helluvalot, but that might be due to the fact that FFT is my favorite game ever.

Posted by cloud1570

FF7- cloud (of course) he was my first rpg character hero person XD. and his sword is just HUGE.

Disgaea 1-2 FLONNE! how can you not like flonne?

Moogles and Moombas- because they are silly little creatures.

and finally, i like emelius from Grandia 3, he was one of the coolest, clueless bad guys XD

It's all about Etna.

Posted by Ant

agreed. also etna was flatter therefore better.

But of course.

Posted by cloud1570

aww....no love for flonne?

Posted by David M. Awesome

Fuuuuuuck it's gonna be impossible for me to pick one. I'll have to think about it for a while.

Posted by cloud1570

oh, hai there david, i think we've met, does a red pom pom remind you of anything? (im still going with flonne)

[quote=cloud1570;895907]oh, hai there david, i think we've met, does a red pom pom remind you of anything? (im still going with flonne)

I thought that I recognized your avatar from FurAffinity Forums.

Posted by cloud1570

yay! it is you, have you decided yet? flonne or etna?

I don't know who either of those people are. I didn't read the thread before posting.

Posted by cloud1570

oh XD never mind then.

Posted by Breakman

I've never really played the Disgaea games (though I'd love to eventually) but it's definitely ETNA ETNA ETNA for me. Kinda like how Sten asks if it's Nina or Katt in BoF2. KATT KATT KATT.

Speaking of Breath of Fire, Rei from BoF3 is easily one of my favorite RPG characters of all time.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/BreakmanDX/art-rei1.gif[/IMG]

I mean, he looks incredible, he's got this AWESOME 'big bro' personality that just somehow awesomely fits with the whole 'insane werebeast' thing from the second half so well because you couldn't possibly hate or be mad at him, and fantastic dialogue. Plus, he's good in battle and just looks so **** slick when he executes his basic attack it's almost criminal.

I also really, REALLY love Dekar from Lufia 2:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/BreakmanDX/dekar.gif[/IMG]

lol super high res pic. He looks awesome, has an amazing personality (big tough brainless knight guy but he's actually SO strong and determined that he's able to completely shatter puzzles and mindgames that'd usually subdue similar characters) and is just incredibly memorable, not to mention GREAT in battle despite not having a single spell; his physical stats are absolutely monstrous! A must-have for Ancient Cave mode!