earthbound

Posted by masamune132

does anyone other than the ppl on starmen.net still play earthbound? It was an all time gr8 game I think. If you still play it or have played it then tell us what u liked and disliked about it.

Posted by -Shadow-

I love Earthbound. It is one of my all time favorite Rpg's. I like how this Rpg took place in a modern day enviroment, and how friendly it was. For me, it kept playing on with a nice change from town to town, with a new atmosphere so that it did not get redundant. I give it 5 stars.

Posted by Inferno

I never really though Earthbound was all that great way back when I played it. Nothing special really caught my eye other the fact that it took place in modern times, which I could really care less about since I'm a fantasy guy anyway. I should probably play it through again though since I may find a greater appreciation of the game now that I'm a little bit older.

Posted by -Shadow-

Quoting Inferno: I never really though Earthbound was all that great way back when I played it. Nothing special really caught my eye other the fact that it took place in modern times, which I could really care less about since I'm a fantasy guy anyway. I should probably play it through again though since I may find a greater appreciation of the game now that I'm a little bit older.

Yeah, definatly give this one a second play. It's a nice change from those fantasy setting Rpgs.

Posted by William

I loved Earthbound but never did get a chance to play much of it. It was an all around fun game and at parts it was a bit funny.

It's a very unique game to say the least, and I suggest anyone who hasn't played it, to play it.

Posted by Proto Man

I LOVED Earthbound, it was my first RPG. I want to get it after I am done playing Earthbound 0.

Posted by VicE

Earthbound is freakin' awesome. Seriously. To explain why I love this game so much would probably take all day, but it's easily my single favorite game ever. I love the soundtrack, the enemy designs, the hilarious dialogue, the way it twists old RPG cliches around to fit its own strange little universe... *sigh* I haven't played Mother/EB Zero, though. Still waiting to see if they ever bring Mother 1/2 out over here before I do. >_>

Also, if you like Earthbound, read this, it's probably the best VG review I've ever read:

http://www.largeprimenumbers.com/article.php?sid=mother2

Posted by Madame Flurrie

EarthBound is my all time favorite game. It has such a wonderful atmosphere, and Ness is one of the most interesting mute RPG heroes ever. :)

Posted by G-Sides

I got the game when I got my SNES (around age 6) and had NO FRICKIN' CLUE how to play it. I remember getting all the way to the part after you beat Franky and Frankenstein II and then getting totally stuck. So a few years later (probably 10 or 11), I dug up my SNES and found Earthbound and said "Hey, what the heck, I'll try this again," and BAM! I was hooked on it. And then I beat it. :D

I have no clue where it is right now. I think we might've lost it in the move or something, but if I can't find it I'm gonna be MAD :mad: because I'd still play that game every now and then.

Posted by Megatron

I just gone done playing it for 6 hours. Great stuff.

Posted by DeViaNt

I played earthbound for the first time when i was like 10 or so, but i replayed it last year on an emulater and got to realize the greatness of the game. Its pretty dumb and funny in a way, cause in the beginning when you get to name everything... for his favorite food one time for a laugh, i put "pu$$y"... so his mom would say to go eat pu$$y... it was funny if you got an odd sense of humor. I have a screen shot somewhere...

Posted by Outlaw

My first impression on this rpg was "this game's weird". It was diffrent than any other RPg at the time. Most of them had knights, dragons, magic and swords but EB was more modern like. After playing it full time, I realised it was something special, Gr8 game. One plus that EB also had was the humor, the game can get halarious at times.

[IMG]http://spacemul.emu-france.com/images/Super%20NES/1/7182.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://starmen.net/mother2/images/screenshots/onett12.png[/IMG]

Posted by Li_long

Earthbound is one of my all time favorite rpg's. I think the original reason I bought the game was because it was only 30 bucks and it came with the strategy guide. And speaking of that, I don't know of any other game that has had the strategy guide bundled together with it. But anyway, the game was super fun. It didn't have the flashy graphics of a ff game, but what it lacked in visuals, it more than made up with its character. I found myself many times laughing at the dialogue, and I was never bored while playing the game. I think this was also the first rpg that I had played where you could not see your characters, and the battle was explained to you through text. This kinda turned me off to it at first, but as I played it more I liked it because you could use your imagination to picture what the charactes were doing, and of course, things are always better when you picture them in your mind. I have to say too that the soundtrack was great. I would easily put it up there with the likes of chrono trigger and final fantasies. Well...I think i've said enough.

Posted by blueguy

Fanboyish posts **** me, and I'm sure everyone else, off, so I'm going to delete them wherever I see them.

Don't worry, this doesn't mean I'm going to delete posts of people who I just happen to disagree with, no. I'm just going for posts with blatently wrong information and random system bashing. I feel this attitude toward posts will keep misconceptions of games and systems to a minimum and generally make this board a more pleasant place. Post if you disagree.

Just a side note, Nintendo fanboys actually annoy me more than any other kind, so I most certainly will not be turning a blind eye to pro-Nintendo posts just because I happen to like Nintendo myself.Fanboyish posts **** me, and I'm sure everyone else, off, so I'm going to delete them wherever I see them.

Don't worry, this doesn't mean I'm going to delete posts of people who I just happen to disagree with, no. I'm just going for posts with blatently wrong information and random system bashing. I feel this attitude toward posts will keep misconceptions of games and systems to a minimum and generally make this board a more pleasant place. Post if you disagree.

Just a side note, Nintendo fanboys actually annoy me more than any other kind, so I most certainly will not be turning a blind eye to pro-Nintendo posts just because I happen to like Nintendo myself.Fanboyish posts **** me, and I'm sure everyone else, off, so I'm going to delete them wherever I see them.

Just a side note, Nintendo fanboys actually annoy me more than any other kind, so I most certainly will not be turning a blind eye to pro-Nintendo posts just because I happen to like Nintendo myself.

Posted by Li_long

wtf?

Posted by Ch

I have actually started playing Earthbound on my computer on emulator due to the lack of PS2 games I have.

Posted by Mr. Saturn

Oh yes, EarthBound is my favorite RPG of all times XD

Posted by valor19

I absolutely love EB

Posted by TheskyIsUp

Earth Bound was a great rpg

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

This game always interested me but I never got around to actually buying/playing it. I will make sure I stop by game crazy this week...you guys got me all excited and now your making me WANT this game...lol

Posted by Creedence

Earthbound was awesome. I enjoyed playing an RPG in more modern times and I can see why its worth a lot of money now.

Happy Gaming, also sorry for mis-spelling Nintendo.

Posted by Raptor

Start spelling "Nintendo" correctly before fanboys start incinerating you like a Jew.

I just beat Earthbound a few months ago. Stellar game. Quirky as hell and hilarious at times, and occasionally challenging.

Posted by talentz

Earthbound is a wonderful game to play I got It on my rom.

Posted by WillisGreeny

thanks for sharing.

Posted by Foppy D

yeahha

Posted by Ant

So Earthbound just got rated by the ESRB. VIRTUAL CONSOLE HERE IT COMES.

Posted by WillisGreeny

WHAT!?! NO!@?! LIAR!#(@

It better happen now.

Posted by Breakman

i'm buying this thing on virtual console
i'm buying it nine times

seriously, if high sales for eb + interest in the series from brawl = mother 1 finally released in usa via vc (as one of those slightly more expensive japanese titles, surely; it's already fully officially translated into english anyway) or, even more awesomely, any kind of release of mother 3 either via wiiware, ds port, or some kind of wacky trilogy compilation, then heck yes

and even if not, earthbound is an amazing game that everyone should force themselves to play

either you love it or you think you don't and then you do when you get further in

or you're just weird

Posted by Ant

for some reason, people can't get past the "graphics" despite it being on the SNES.

Posted by Gameatron2000

I love earthbound, but I hate my Jeff. he's a main target, and die 2 fast

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

I still do. It's one of those games that just never gets old, too boring, or passe.

Posted by Foppy D

yeah but Jeff can fire bottle rockets. Multi-bottle rockets take out a mondo-mole in 1 hit

Posted by coromoro

MOTHER 3 TRANSLATION IS ALMOST DONE!!

Anyways, I absolutely love EarthBound. It's just so hilarious, original, and it's just so... I'm not sure what the word would be... maybe heartfelt? One of the parts I love, for example, is when you can read Ness's thoughts in one of the sanctuary locations (seven, I think). It's something so simple, but so grand. There's also Magicant, which is definitely a magical and original place.

EarthBound is simply amazing, and I can't wait to play Mother 3!

Posted by Foppy D

Yeah that's Lumine Hall.

And what are you talking about, the best moment of the game is when you're fighting Gygas and it says one of the reasons you're beating him is because you are praying for it to happen. It says YOUR NAME That's some intense **** right there.

Posted by coromoro

Yeah, you're right, that's definitely the best part of the whole game. I love how EarthBound brings you inside of the game like that. You ARE praying to beat him! It's what makes it so awesome.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Shigesato-san is the Master, that's all. Is it ironic that he hates playing video games yet makes awesome video games?

Posted by coromoro

He doesn't like playing video games? Really?

Are you sure you don't mean Hiroshi Yamauchi (ex-Nintendo president)?

By the way... Mother 3 translation... so clooose.

Posted by WillisGreeny

It's a well known fact Itoi Shigesato claims to dislike video games.

Posted by coromoro

[COLOR=LIMEGREEN]Man, I never knew that. It definitely is surprising that someone who hates video games could create such a masterpiece.[/COLOR]

Posted by dannydesiliva

if this is for real, seems like a case of cynical atheists taking advantage of the religious.