"Chiaroscuro, old friend..."

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Care to put on a show?

Posted by S

Hmmm... am I right in assuming Ky Kiske is one of your favorites?

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Fraid I'm not sure what/who Ky Kiske is.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

-The desert heat was reason enough to believe rain had not found this region in quite some time, and the appearance of the barren landscape supported this theory. No tree nor bush dared attempting life on these golden sands for as far as eye could see, and as he could tell by sensory powers, Nido was the only lifeform that had been present here for quite some time.

Observing the terrain from his cliff-side perch, Nido couldn't help but stand out amoung the lifeless colors surrounding him. His flowing emerald hair was easily caught by the dry, hot winds, tainting its usual shade of green with a mask of dust. Crimson eyes dancing with flame, engulfed in their own eternal, internal fire, narrowed within their deep-set sockets as if to accent the already stoney face to which they belonged.

Although he was quite fond of such harsh temperatures and desolate landscapes, he hadn't come to this place for recreation of travel. He had come for the recreation of battle; battle with a powerful force, and one very familiar with him, as well.
--

OoC: Sorry for the crap-post; you know openers aren't my thing, but I didn't want this sitting here any longer.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

We've been in touch, you know why I havnt been able to reply yet, but by *** I plan to make this happen. Ill be in touch later man, let you know when I get this post up.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Well, you know I'm never really in a rush anyways. Take your time- I'm about to go get my wisdom teeth ripped out in about a half an hour anyways and I plan on being too doped out of my mind to turn the computer tower on.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Ok, **** you for letting me forget about this. We are doing this, ill be in touch.

Ill be posting a reply tonight.

Sorry if it sucks, im rusty as hell.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Whatever fool, you know it's all good with me.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

"Long time no see.."

Necro came up behind Nido and placed a hand on his left shoulder. A cool desert breeze came upon the two from the south-east, Necro's long blue hair danced upon the invisible petals of the wind. His eyes stared out into the endless golden brown of the desert.

"You know old friend, I think people have forgotten about us....we are nothing but dust in the wind."

Necro had picked up a handful of the desert sand, grasping it tightly, and as his words slipped from his tounge, he slowly opened it palm up and the sand began to dance away into the distant horizon.

"Hmph....oh what happens with time....but I say now, this day, this desert, we leave our mark for all to remember.."

The two turned and faced each other as Necro's words were heard. A slight twitch of the lips, almost a smile flashed across his face, and in one swift movement Necro had leaped back ten feet into a fighting stance.

"So what do you say, care to show me if you still have it?"

Posted by Chiaroscuro

"Come now," Nido laughed, beginning to circle his friend and opponent. "You're far too intelligent to be shown what you already known without it being considered an insult."

The winds had chosen to be somewhat tame today in this harsh climate, but that didn't make matters much better for either warrior. It didn't seem to make matters worse, either, though; vicious licks of hot sand had been pelting the faces of the two for the entire duration of their stay in this desert so far, but it was of little bother to them. A warrior of battles as fierce and tempered as they had been involved in had little regard for something as silly as heat or wind or sand, even when that heat was in excess of 100 degrees Farenheit.

Nido's dark attire, composed of black and red woven cloths than hung loosely over his toned muscles like decorative drapes, billowed ever so gently against his mass in the still breeze. There was no unnatural presence here, and neither warrior needed it; they knew well the skill that was possessed by the man on the other side of this tightly spaced circle, which began to weave itself even tighter as Nido moved inwards, plotting his initial assault.

"I do hope you understand it is not within your duties to assess my safety," Nido said, shedding his outermost cloak and hood which fell behind him and crumpled into the sands like a body of an enemy one of these warriors might have decimated over their years of battling together. "Pain is the best possible way you can indeed show me you haven't forgotten what we used to have in this abscence of yours; and pain is the best way for me to teach you!

Closing in as he made these statements, Nido and Necro were now within striking distance, and so, the striking began. A quick gust of wind blew a cascade of sand high above the battlegrounds, and it fell in light dusting over the two as their bodies met in physical conflict.

A short forward jab was all Nido needed to open up his options of momentum, and his body seemed to carry him without needing the mental commands. He flowed easily into the second, third, and fourth punches of a short combination of lefts and rights, hooks and jabs, some parryed away and some making contact with soft exposed flesh. Necro swayed but refused to stagger, taking the blows with a grain of salt but finding himself less than able to anticipate Nido's rapid change of attack as a spin-around roundhouse eluded his defenses, swinging up and over with furious speed and accuracy that impressed Necro even as it clobbered the side of his skull and sent him sprawling sideways across the sands, his ears suddenly ringing and his eyes full of sand.

Nido quickly resumed stance, taken off balance by the intensity of his kick and the bodily involvements of such a technique but obviously pleased with the results of his agility and power as Necro began picking himself up for retaliation.

"We've learned it all, brother," Nido called out, arching his body in the majestic flowing movements of some obscure martial arts stance as he waited for Necro to rise. "Let us see if we can both remember."

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Necro slowly began to lift himself off the warm desert floor as a tiny trickle of crimson blood began to seep out the left corner of his mouth. With a seemingly strong force Necro spat at the ground, sending a wad of his life fluid hurtling at the sand, imbeding itselfs in what looked like a tiny crater.

Now back upon his feet, Necro began to snaop his neck back and froth, poping the bones. His mouth began to open wide and move from side to side as his jaw also began to pop. A slight smirk stretch across Necro's face as he stared into the eyes of his long time friend.

"Hmph, after all this time your punches still have a little bite to them..."

Nido replied with a simple nod of the head and a quick smile, and as his head straightened back up his eyes widened, it was too late. Necro had already placed his body only a foot or two from Nido's and a right hook to the left side of Nido's face was inevitable.

Hes still fast... thought Nido as Necro's right fist connected, snapping his head sideways and sending him off balance. Nido's body spun in a full circle, and before he had time to recover, Necro was once again in motion. His body was mid air in a frontflip motion, his legs extended perpendicular to his torso as he sent his feet crashing down into the top of his oppenents skull.

Nido fell to the ground, first to his knees, and then flat on his face; while Necro fell with him, onto his back and then one full motion into a backwards roll and back to his feet.

"If it is Pain that will show you I have not forgotten, then it is Pain I will give.."

Necro stared at his fallen oponent with a more intense look upon his face than before. He was ready to prove that his skill had not diminished over the years.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

The last few grains of unsettled sand fell gently back to their resting places as Nido was picking himself up from the ground, his fall's impact disturbing the tranquility of the desert floor. Sand was now littering the mattings of his lengthy hair, and more quantities of it rained down from his clothing as he fully rose and straightened himself to a standing point.
Necro had made sufficient space between them with such a quick evasion, and his maneuvers were fresh to Nido's mind yet remembered all the same; it had been so long since Nido had felt his friend's presence in battle, and knowing he was still this capable was so much more pleasing than the pain of a hundred punches could ever be. Nido smiled, a devilish grin full of fanged teeth, and again, he advanced.

Nido's agility became a prime focus in his current mentality as he opted to flip forward instead of walk, and the graceful aerial maneuver was admittedly more effective in closing the gap between the two, especially since it ended so upruptly in a snapping kick to the head. The sharp striking toe kick hammered hard against the delicate workings of Necro's facial structure, threatening to snap so many bones so quickly if it weren't for the warrior's strong body. Necro managed to get away with everything intact, but his head snapped sideways and Nido came down with the end of the kick only to follow through with a heavy dropping elbow from the opposite side of his body.

The additional blow was too much for Necro in this reeling state, and it caught him squarely atop the head, ringing his ears clear as a bell and blackening his vision for a split second. It was a split second long enough, though, because he stumbled and fell back, half-dazed and struggling to regroup. Nido hit the ground and flipped away as quickly as he had forward, cartwheeling backwards in a fashion unnatural for the muscle of his body. He pulled his hair together and fastened it tight with hemp string, tying the possible hindrance up and tossing it behind his head. Fire had once again begun to build in his eyes, and the rising energies amoung the battlefield were approaching phenomenal levels.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Necro once again found himself lying on the warm desert ground, the midday sun beating strong against his back, body absorbing heat from every angle, beads of sweat had begun to form upon the forehead of this fallen warrior. Slowly, Necro pushed off the ground and rose to a kneeling position as he hung his head back and stared blankly into the blue-within-blue sky. Grains of sand began to fall from the hair and clothing of Necro as the rustling of his body disturbed each grains resting place. The desert, as it had always done, accepted each grain as its own, adding to its overwhelming vastness.

Necro lowered his head as he began to rip his shirt from his body. The cloth had begun to stick to his wet skin, a feeling that could irritate even the most disciplined monk. A slight breeze began to pass over the area, and Necro

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Nido toppled over the dunes, rolling across the sands like a ripple of desert wind. He had begun to bleed at the mouth from the backflip-kick Necro had managed to land in such a critical point of the jaw, and the move had been a wise one, for the throbbing persisted despite Nido's durability and recovery rates. He finally flopped down into the sand as momentum lost him and he came to a stop, barely visible by Necro at this point due to the ruse of sand thrown into the air from such a fall.

Though he chose this moment to continue laying still, Nido's mind was in anything except a dormant state. Eyes open to examine the now familiar sand laying before them, they calculated this situation and fired responses to Nido's brain; he had again met the sands, and he was again rising from them in some sort of apparently robotic state, for his thoughts were not with his movements; they were with the essences of battle itself.

Absorbed in the moment, Nido darted forward, suddenly awash in an aura of amber color. The unnatural energy flowed over his body like a second skin, refusing to drip down to the desert floor. Instead, it flowed forward, coming to a point on the end of Nido's left arm, and wrapping around his fist in a luminous shell. Nido was already in attack, and Necro in evasion, more focued on avoiding the charged fist than the one which wasn't. Fast as he was, Necro seemed to be nearly matched by Nido's haste from the surge of energy, and he caught a sharp right hook squarely in the collarbone which rattled his defenses and opened the path for Nido, who slammed his heavy left fist into Necro's solarplexus with resounding force.

The blow met the warrior with the momentum of a freight train in the area of a square foot; he wasn't even rocked, he was blown backwards, feet seperated from sand and lungs drained of air as his entire chest seemed to be overcome with the desire to cave in to the force of this physical trauma. Yet Necro's body was too prepared for these things, and as he slammed against the rocky wall of a cliffside, his flight was cut short. Between the first impact and the second, his own durability was challenged, and bone began to crack and bend within the region of his chest. The ribcage seemed damaged upon immediate inspection, and breathing had moved from natural occurence to incredible hassle-- each intake of air was sharp as a blade to the winded lungs.

Necro fell from the wall, dropping a good fifteen feet forward and collapsing loosely onto the stone surfaces below which extended from the cliffs before it met the sand. Nido had moved forward in a quick succession of three leaping bounds, closing the spacious gap in a fraction of the time it would have taken from normal advance alone. His fist was no longer wrapped in energy, and the reabsorption had been a great success; lifeforce flowed freely throughout his body, and muscles seemed limber and tight all at once.

The battle was truly beginning, and just as the mind had begun its adjustments, so must the body. Nido knew this, and undoubtedly Necro did as well as his daze began to leave him, unclouding the cognitive abilities of the warrior who lay smashed upon the cliffside rocks, still rattled in the chest.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Necro felt every muscle in his body itching to be let loose; the pain that surged through him gave him life, he was finally awake and ready to do battle. Slowly, lifting himself off the slightly cooled rock surface, Necro lifted his head to meet the fiery gaze of his opponent.

“Well…”, Necro forced the words from his mouth as his chest still felt like it would cave in at any moment. “Its obvious we won’t be able to settle this bout with our fists alone, for we would last into the end of time. Let us take it up a notch!”

Necro clapped his hands together than slammed his palms into the rock hard cliff-side. A small area on the rocks began to glow beneath the warriors hands. Then, in one swift motion Necro rose from his resting place, pulling a steel blade from the rock beneath him. There was nothing special about this blade, just a simple tool used for killing.

Necro now stood, blade in hand, waiting for Nido to make the next move.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

*DING*

"This is your friendly reminder to reply. Thank You for your Cooperation."

....I'm rich BIATCH!!!

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Forgotten Soul: ....I'm rich BIATCH!!!

Ooc: ROFL

IC:

Almost instantaneously, Nido's hands flashed to his sides, whipping his garments aside and drawing a Japanese style Sai dagger from a strap on each waist. He twisted the blades majestically in and out of each other, slow circular movements weaving from brawling stance into knifefight as easy as second nature. The silver blades of the three-pointed daggers glinted faintly in the desert light, seemingly hungry to taste the metallic goodness of Necro's blood.

[B]"Let's dance, boy."[/b]

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Necro let a smile cross his face as began to bend at the knees, and in one swift motion he was off like a bolt of lighting. His sword clashed with Nido’s left sai, then with his right. A powerful onslaught of sword slashes came one after another as he continued to push Nido back across the sandy floor.

Each warrior anticipated the next one’s move as they continued to exchange blow for blow, and the only result was that of steel against steel, the sound echoing across the sandy dunes of the barren desert the two waged battle on this moment.

“I see you’re still skilled with a weapon in hand my friend…”

“As you with your blade,”
Nido replied as he stabbed towards Necro with his left sai, barely missing as Necro caught the weapon with the edge of his sword, deflecting it to Nido’s right.

It was then Necro realized he had given himself an opening for a swift attack. At that moment when the thought of attack flashed into his mind, Necro swung around, catching the side of Nido’s cranium with the heel of his left foot.

Nido elevated off the ground and spun several times before he landed back on the desert floor, rolling down a sand dune losing one of his sais along the way. There he lay, several feet away from Necro, the sun beating hard upon his back as he spat into the desert breeze…

Posted by Chiaroscuro

The sun was hot, and the desert wasn't making things any better temperature-wise; for most people, at least. Nido happened to enjoy the heat; he had learned to do so pretty quickly once he mastered the element of fire. He enjoyed the cold, too, though; especially that cold chill associated with bloodflow, which was now present, again, this time from the side of his head. Necro's kicks were as sharp as ever, and Nido was considering whether or not it would have been better to have taken the cut from the blade than the ringing shot that just glanced across his skull. Nevertheless, he wasn't necessarily rattled; shaken, perhaps, but rattled? Oh, no, not yet. He had plenty of time before that would come, and he was going to enjoy every second of this battle before and after that point alike; pain was nothing to be upset about, but rather, a joy.

Picking himself up off the ground, disarmed in one hand, Nido smirked across the sands at Necro, their mismatched hair colors with matching lengths tied identically behind their sweat-beaded heads. They spoke, of course, as friends will do, but they both knew it was no longer necessary; battle had begun, and introductions were over. From here on out, it was pure contest, and things such as friendship were rightfull overridden by the powers of simpler things such as adrenaline, which now flowed through Nido's veins.

Fast as a flash, Nido darted forward, throwing his Sai in complete precision as he did so. Necro easily sidestepped the dagger as it whizzed past his body and fell to the sand, but he could do nothing to stop Nido from pelting into him with a double-legged kick to the chest. Necro fell back heavily, tumbling to the sands, and as Nido landed likewise with somewhat more grace, he rolled sideways, coming directly upon the previously disarmed Sai. Obtaining the weapon within his grasp, he rolled again from where he came, making more rotations this time towards Necro's fallen position, bringing himself up and into attack once he was within range.

Still on his back, Necro avoided the downwards stab with a swift swing of the steel sword, and as metal clashed with metal once more, Nido used his free hand to pummel Necro's face, landing two solid blows into the regions of the nose and mouth. Necro dare not attempt defensive maneuvers for the blows so as to avoid the sharpness of Nido's Sai, but soon enough, it had become futile; the brutal punches left Necro dazed, and he finally caught the Sai, directly into his upper thigh. The blade sank into flesh and immediately drew blood, spurting crimson up and around its previously clean steel.

Necro winced in momentary pain, but quickly shoved Nido off before any further damage could be dealt, just as the green-haired of the two warriors ripped the Sai from the wound in his retreat, tearing it sideways in messy fashion from the wound. More flesh was torn and more bleeding began, but Necro was quick to regain his footing, rising from the desert floor and steadying his blade, albeit a bit unsteady as he now seemed to favor one leg. By the time he recovered, Nido had obtained the other Sai, and was again weilding dual blades, one of them soaked in Necro's blood.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

One Week Later : 'My bad bro, you know Ive been around, just havnt gotten around to this. Will edit this post here when my (beat your face in) reply is ready. ;-p

IC: Necro stood now, mere paces from Nido as he looked down at his bloody thigh. The adrenaline had begun to flow, pain surged through his body, but that only fed his lust for battle. His mind began to swirl with thoughts of attack, but his body would not listen. It did not want to listen. For the time being, Necro was an animal, going on pure primal instinct as he tossed his sword to the ground and took off towards Nido, ignoring the pain that surged through his thigh with each step.

Nido could not help but focus on Necro's eyes...they were filled with anger, as though wanting to break free from their sockets.

Necro was not very fast with his newly aquiered wound, but it did not stop him as he came closer to Nido with an outstreched arm. Yet Nido did not seem to move as Necro approached, he was still focused on Necro's eyes, he had never seen him look like this before. Its as if Necro had done away with any form of thought, now it was pure adrenaline running the show, and before he knew it Necro had pounced.

Necro took Nido down with ease and began to lace into his face, punch after punch Necro continued his onslaught. He began to feel the bones in Nidos face pop, then crack, and after one good shot he could feel the nose of Nido give way, shattering into several pieces causing blood to pore from the two nostrils. That shot seemed to jar Nido into awareness as he arched his back, using his brute strength to force Necro off him, causeing him to once again tumble down into the golden sand...

Posted by Chiaroscuro

His body lay there, beaten and broken, but Nido's mind was far from either. Nerve endings weathered raw from the ongoing battle attempted their routine transmissions from body to brain, desperately trying to make Nido aware of his broken nose and battered face. The warmth of blood across his flesh which caused his mouth to taste of metal suddenly no longer seemed quite so warm, and taste altogether was completely absent to the senses.

Nido was going numb. Was this death? No, surely not. Only a fool would assume as much while their brain bulged with clouds of thought, threatening to burst should the mind attempt any further exploration of what it was truly capable of doing at its full potential. Yet as Nido's vision darkened beneath a mask of crimson red, he finally realized he must have encountered pain. He did not suffer. He did not cry out. His emerald eyes were caked with sand, moistened with tears laced with blood, yet far beneath these simple things, complexity was king.

No, this was not Death, for but indeed, it was Life. Nido had much experience lying upon the ground in the heat of battle; perhaps he had too much. The sharpened pains, the rush of rage, the adrenaline he grew to know and love were not with him at this moment, at this time, and Nido could not understand why. Had he found comfort through his pain? Had he made peace with these broken bones?

Had he become but beast from man from one too many wars?

Nido tried to contemplate these things while he rose to stand. He'd barely come to stop the blows upon him from Necro, and now he barely found himself concious that he was even in response to these attacks at all. Movements of the body seemed robotic and odd, for movements of the mind were Nido's primary concern.

Blood stained his tattered clothes, smeared across his battered face, yet Nido felt quite beautiful. This was one of the highest degrees of beauty this man would come to achieve in his life, and Necro could almost feel it through the eyes of his friend, meeting with his own across the plain of battle.

As this beauty surged throughout his veins and burned his soul, Nido finally knew what it was he couldn't understand. He was Alive; maybe more than ever before. Full of power, bursting at the seams, and ready to erupt at any given moment.

He advanced. He returned to war.

Unseen, invisible essences of power and energy began to flood Nido's conciousness. Arcane magic leapt from his inner being, ripping through his body from the inside out and washing the warrior in violet-blue flames. These flames were not hot, and Nido did not burn, but alas, a dark, black smoke billowed into the air, rising like a demented dragon and blocking out the majority of the sun.

The only light available was that of Nido's darkened flames, and as quickly as this was so, it suddenly was not. Dark energy leaped forward from Nido's body, coming to life and lashing out in a storm of projectile blasts. Necro swung his blade with skill, deflecting several attempted strikes, but there were too many, too fast, and they began to make contact.

The energy blasts splattered across Necro's flesh, coating him in darkness that flowed and dripped across his body as if it were liquid. Biting sensations, as if from a thousand violent insects, crept across Necro's body, growing in intensity and becoming increasingly painful as the already violent blasts of darkness rocked him backwards and ripped his flesh. Necro rolled across the sands, attempting to break the grasp of energy, cutting at the blackness with his blade but gaining no advantage over the stinging, burning essence.

Yet just as quickly as these essences attacked, they began to retreat, leaping off of Necro's body and reverting to their original form, clashing together mid-air in a burst of most unholy light. The dark smoke began to clear, allowing sunlight once more, and Nido stood, bloodied and battered, full to the brim with newborn strength.

"You have given me New Life," Nido beamed, grinning devilishly at his fallen comrade. "I shall now bring you the fruits of your labor."

Posted by Forgotten Soul

OoC: I like this post here, I feel like Im starting to get back into the swing of things...and it appears to be the same for you after that post of yours.

IC:

The Darkness

Posted by Chiaroscuro

The nerves of Nido's body had nearly lost all capability of communication with the brain during their most recent physical trauma. Their messages carried words of pain, horrible destruction of body and mind, cries of help from torn muscles and ruptured flesh that begged the mind to stop this nonsense.

Open wounds wanted to bleed, burned so badly by particle energy they were now unable to do so. Instead they were scabbed with a blackened mess, undoubtedly flesh in some stage of death and the resulting decay. Spasms flooded the neurosystem, flailing the arms and legs like puppets pulled on some sort of a string.

Nido's physical state was nothing for him to be proud of. No warrior enjoys those moments where he lay so visibly broken, so vulnerable to his opponent, as if to cry out in proclomation of weakness. No, none of that; no weakness now. Nido needed strength, and plenty of it. The kind of strength that fuels the mind and forces the spirit, rocking the body with such force so as to shake the man who owned it down to his very foundations.

Not many men could muster this kind of strength. It is the kind of power associated with freak adrenaline when a tree is strewn across your child and nothing but your own might can save them from certain death. The type of strength that fuels the wars that litter the world in chaos and despair. A strength for good, and a strength for evil.

At this moment, Nido would accept either of those two extremes. Righteousness was a foreign language on the battlefield after a certain point, and coming to his sense and observing the distance he had suddenly gained-- or rather lost, from Necro, Nido realized that point had come.

Yes, there was no more room for conservation, no more time to worry about sin or salvation or saviors of any kind. War knows no limitations, and offers no remorse.

At this point, and at this time, neither could Nido.

He had risen to his feet, draped in a mask of death, his entire disposition suggesting a present miracle that he was even alive. Necro knew this was no miracle; he only knew this as Nido. There wasn't any real way to explain the way his good friend worked through body or mind, and he wasn't looking for an explanation, either. It was a fruitless endeavor, no doubt, and unfit for a beast to begin with. Which is exactly what Nido had become.

Friendship was null and void at this point; these two men had transcended the plain of humanities and delved deeper into their own personal worlds of insanity. He who makes a beast of himself is rid of the pain of being a man, and suddenly, Nido knew pain no longer, no more.

He rushed forward, bursting into flames, erupting with such tremendous energy in such sudden fashion that his movements were nothing more than a blur of warm color. Necro braced himself hard and good, solidly sticking to his position and preparing to deal with insanity itself as it bore towards him in this ball of fire and beast.

Nido's impact was crude and ungraceful, a slamming of bodies as he pounced on his prey, swallowing Necro's taller frame in a rushing tackle that took them both to the sands. Flames curled around Nido's fists as they pounded into Necro's body, igniting his clothing in vicious, unnatural flames, adding insult to the injury that the brute force alone of physical blows was causing.

The collarbone shattered, a shoulder popped, bone splintered and flesh broke open. A horrible mess of blood and flame coated Necro in his own mask of death, his clothing singing and melting into his flesh.

The energy exerted by the two warriors was too much for gravity to bear, and space seemed to break open in a burst of forceful power. The blue flash knocked the two apart, sending Necro skidding backwards into another tumble through the sands and propelling Nido into the air into a landing on his back.

Space began to settle once more, and fire now scattered the field of battle. The sky had grown darker than moments before, and a rare desert rain began to fall upon the sands.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Man we are bad at being timely with this ****. Anyways, its commin nigga, its commin. Im bringin the pain!

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Don't worry about it. I can't write anymore. I'm not fooling anyone anymore including myself, and I think that was the last person to fool. So yeah, whatever.

Posted by Flionk

I'd intended to refute your self-depreciation, but after reading your most recent battles I agree that you're lacking that same energy and conviction you once had. Even these last two attacks where you're finally able to do to some thematic development are missing something. Your old archaic style has also changed to something more reminicent of EF than I remember. Maybe it's just because none of these battles have gotten far past first blood, or maybe your creativity has gone as far as it can with the monotony of sim battle and its limited avenues. Or maybe you've really lost something; I sure feel like I have. But I haven't completely lost my muse, and I doubt you have either. Maybe it's just harder to reach now or maybe you need something to inspire you. You were my inspiration once. To this day, I've never been so anxious to write as after reading one of your attacks.

I guess I'm just trying to say that you're not alone and not to give up on writing altogether. Either way, it's been good seeing you back.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Flionk: I'd intended to refute your self-depreciation, but after reading your most recent battles I agree that you're lacking that same energy and conviction you once had. Even these last two attacks where you're finally able to do to some thematic development are missing something. Your old archaic style has also changed to something more reminicent of EF than I remember.

I got sick of flowery language which is pointless and nothing more than big words and cryptic tones to enhance whatever substance actually exists. Nowadays, I just care about the basic substance. I've broken my style down a lot, yeah...I don't see that as a bad thing. If you enjoyed my older work, well, I'm happy I was able to entertain you at one time. As for now, I don't write like that anymore. Sorry.

Posted by Flionk

You definitely used to go overboard with ambiguous and redundant wording, and I'm glad to see you've grown out of that. Though I am quite fond of the language and vocabulary you used, if you've exchanged it for more substance in your work then I'd say it was a good trade. My last Literature teacher said that a good writer knows exactly what he intends to say before he starts writing and that every word is used with intent toward that end and I firmly agree.

And I'm glad to see you using write in the present tense.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

EDIT: Drug-induced depressive bullshit. I'm fine, Lunair. Few too many pills; you know how it is.

Posted by S

I'm going to kick your *** so hard tomorrow...