Stupid tourist.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Today, as many other days, I saw a tourist. From asia(I don't mean to diss all asians, I myself have many asian friends. And anyone from the MS blow shut up). Anyway this morning I walked up to the bus stop. Which just happens to be right beside "The Prestige Inn" A very expensive hotel in Radium. A tourist bus from asia tours comes every Tuesday, and Friday. This morning a family. Went out across the road to go see the sheep(wild sheep roam around Radium through fall-spring, the babies are so cute.). Now, where they were, was right at the hill. Where trucks come up. Now this hill has a dip, so you cannot see the very top until your VERY close to it. So these tourists were standing right on the edge. Right as a truck(Peterbilt carrying logs) and slammed on the brakes. This truck was booking it too! It hit one of the people(maybe 40 - 45). They were right in the middle of the road. WTF. Everyone who has the sense of a billy goat would know not to stand in the middle of a dam road!

Discuss this.

Posted by Xenos

... :(

Posted by Fate

Hahaha, I haven't a lick of common sense, so I'd be one of those people waltzing in the middle of a road.

...lol :(

Posted by Ant

owned

Posted by Slade

So you saw this guy get hit by a truck? Describe.

Posted by Linko_16

It's really both of their faults. Yeah, they should've been more careful on a road, but wouldn't the truck driver know better than to go so fast when he can't see all but what's directly ahead, especially if there are commonly sheep in the street?

Posted by Raptor

Logging trucks usually travel faster than they should. A load of trees is certain to be worth more than a tourist, there. When you're destroying habitats and disrupting ecosystems, you should do it with businesslike speed and efficiency.

The same goes for delivering pizza, apparently, which is why I nearly got backed into by a driver for Domino's going 25 mph in reverse.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Quoting Linko_16: It's really both of their faults. Yeah, they should've been more careful on a road, but wouldn't the truck driver know better than to go so fast when he can't see all but what's directly ahead, especially if there are commonly sheep in the street?

I think that, based on that evidence, we can successfully say that all people are idiots.

Posted by cas

trees are a renewable resource. Cut them down all you want.

The truck bookin it UP the hill is just a matter of pysics and common sense.

Think about it

steep hill + heavy truck.

If he DOESNT give it all hes got, he wont make it. This could be much worse. You can usually have some faith in that people wont be standing on the road, trying to get themselves killed. If they are trying, well you are just helping them out like a decent human being. :)

You should have made a video of this with a camera phone or something. I would LOVE to have seen it :D

Posted by Lord of Spam

I live in Florida. Do not even THINK to talk to me about having experiances with stupid tourists. Hell, the entire city of Orlando is designed to milk as much money from foreigners with mroe money than common sense anyway.

lol right speedy?

Posted by Speedfreak

ORLANDO IS TACKY, UGLY AND AS FAR FROM THE NAME "SUNSHINE STATE" AS YOU CAN POSSIBLY GET. THE MAN IS CORRECT.

Posted by Lord of Spam

1) Its designed that way. Its a completly artificial city built only to approximate what rich foreign idiots think Florida should be. If you want to see interesting stuff, you have to go off the beaten path and see the things that arent really in guide books.

2) You visited during the rainy season. What the hell did you expect?

Posted by Noir

Pff, try living in Paris.
I'd feel really bad for the poor guy, though it seems that many accidents involving cars typically involve asians, too.
...So, did he die?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Shadow Elf: Pff, try living in Paris.

You live in Paris? Please, allow me to apologize for all the morons that go there.:(

Personally, I'd never visit a country that I couldnt speak the language in, jsut because I know how much it annoys me when people do it here.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Lord of Spam]1) Its designed that way. Its a completly artificial city built only to approximate what rich foreign idiots think Florida should be. If you want to see interesting stuff, you have to go off the beaten path and see the things that arent really in guide books.

2) You visited during the rainy season. What the hell did you expect?

You asked... :-/

Wait, wtf, summer is the rainy season? All the more reason not to call it the Sunshine State!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Late summer is, yeah. Come here in spring/early summer. It'll be warm ANd dry. For instance, it hasnt rained during the day here for months, though there have been a few (like, maybe 2 or 3) evening showers in that time.

Also, werent you here during a time when a hurricane was moving through?

Posted by Speedfreak

Haha, that's true. Kinda forgot about the biggest hurricane Florida had in however many years.

The hurricane was a pussy though, really. Knocked a few trees over, couldn't even hear it over Finding Nemo.

Posted by Lord of Spam

It also did several billion dollars in damage to the coastal communities it hit. It got weakened as it moved overland.

But yeah, if you're going to go to Florida, spring/early summer is the time to do it. OR anytime in the winter, really. It wont be as warm, but chances are it'll be warmer than where ever you left.

Posted by NES Queen

[URL="http://www.tcnj.edu/~hofmann/Humor/Misc/Tourists/tourist.htm"]stoopid tourists[/URL]

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Why can't I see anything cool like this?

Edit: Not reffering to the above post. ><;

Posted by NES Queen

because you live in wisconsin? aside from the Miller Brewery, theres not much to see or do there. unless you like cows and cheese.

Posted by Klarth

Bah, stupid tourists getting into fatal hit-and-run accidents. Wow, idiots. I hope they die.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting NES Queen: because you live in wisconsin? aside from the Miller Brewery, theres not much to see or do there. unless you like cows and cheese.

Wisconsin = Lame ):

Posted by NES Queen

the brewery tour is quite nice though. its free, and you get 3 free beers. and since my friend had to drive us to minnesota right after we left i got her 3 free ones too. woo-hoo! (i dont even like miller, but for free, the price was right)

Posted by s0ul

Psh, Wisconsin is the ****. You can do whatever the hell you want and nobody will ever see/catch/stop/shoot you.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting NES Queen: the brewery tour is quite nice though. its free, and you get 3 free beers. and since my friend had to drive us to minnesota right after we left i got her 3 free ones too. woo-hoo! (i dont even like miller, but for free, the price was right)

My dad said in his college days he'd take tours all the time just for the beer...

Quoting s0ul: Psh, Wisconsin is the ****. You can do whatever the hell you want and nobody will ever see/catch/stop/shoot you.

If you're in the middle of nowhere... there's a lot of that around Wisconsin...

Posted by Lord of Spam

I went to wisconsin once for a family reunion.

It was the biggest freaking waste of space ever. Might as well be part of Canada.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Hey! I refuse to be part of Canada! Besides, we have... cows... and ...corn. And the Wisconsin Dells... Hm.

Posted by NES Queen

[URL="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/NESQueen/Wisconsin/Wis7.jpg"]Wisconsin summed up in one pic[/uRL]
[URL="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/NESQueen/Wisconsin/Wis2.jpg"]or maybe two... look at all that, nothing![/URL]
[URL="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/NESQueen/Wisconsin/Wis4.jpg"]the good part of Wisconsin[/URL]
[URL="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/NESQueen/Wisconsin/Wis3.jpg"]even better part[/URL]

Posted by Raptor

Quoting cas: trees are a renewable resource. Cut them down all you want.

So are humans. I cut them down every chance I get.

I suggest you educate yourself about proven ecological threats and potential societal consequences presented by unwise and excessive deforestation procedures. So far, your attempt to sound insightful has been a miserable failure.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting cas: trees are a renewable resource. Cut them down all you want.

So are humans. I cut them down every chance I get.

I suggest you educate yourself about proven ecological threats and potential societal consequences presented by unwise and excessive deforestation procedures. So far, your attempt to sound insightful has been a miserable failure.

Posted by Lord of Spam

LOL HAY GUYZ ANIMALZ ARE KUEL AND I H8 HUMANS OLL AM I COOL NOW?

But yeah, deforestation isnt really something that you can jsut ignore. ANd unlike what Reagan would have us think, trees get rid of pollution instead of causing it.:(

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, I agree with Raptor. Sure, you can always plant more trees, but entire ecosystems aren't as easy to rebuild.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting GoldenMyr: Hey! I refuse to be part of Canada!

Canada > you & wisconsin.

Quoting Linko_16: Yeah, I agree with Raptor. Sure, you can always plant more trees, but entire ecosystems aren't as easy to rebuild.

People don't seem to realise just how long it takes for a single tree to grow, nevermind an entire ecosystem. It's a shame the world is infested with morons.

Posted by Ant

Heh, I read morons as "mormons" In which case I would still agree LOL! ;)

But yeah, Interesting Fact: For every tree the tree companies cut down and make a profit off of(I'm not sure how much) only about 3 dollars of that go to the US government. And guess where that money goes?! Into building more roads for the logging companies to cut down more trees. :D