Keyblade/Keychain Theory

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Have you ever noticed how Sora obtains most of his keychains to upgrade his keyblade? I've yet to see an occasion where Sora just...finds a keychain lying around on the ground, or stuck inside a treasure chest. Sora always obtains his keychains by helping out friends: for example, in KHII after you beat Sephiroth and lead Cloud to him, Tifa hands you the Fenrir and thanks you for helping her find Cloud (I use this one way too much, but it's my most recent memory of KH, so...).

Point being, Sora obtains keychains from making new friendships, forming bonds, and helping his friends. This may have been obvious to some, others may have been oblivious to this, but I do believe this could play an important role in the next game, or already plays an important role period.

Discuss.

Posted by DeathEdge

seems like a logical point. could have somthing to do with why the dark people seem to not have keychains, they dont help people. lol

Posted by Wally The Weird

Sean, i already posted my idea about this. However, seeing as that thread is INSANLEY long, I will spare you the greif of going through it.

My (first) idea, is this. The keyblade, is like an extension of a persons heart, made into tangible metal by a force (Light, Dark). This is what allows a keyblader the ability to cleave the heartless. Sora's is a keyblade made real by his strong heart, very little darkness (My idea is that darkness AND light are required in some amount) and a lot of light. Mickey's is insanley powerful, because his is from the dark realm, made real by the light of his heart, and the darkness that was all arounf him. Riku's first was Xeahnort's (I just KNOW I spelled that wrong) but his second is a balance of both light and dark.
Now, the keychains, are memories and influences. They are obtained by strong influenced onto the heart, to alter it's power and form and abilities. The reason Ultima weapon is so powerful, is because it is made from gathering so many things, from so many places. Like a collage of sorts, but far more powerful :)

Now, there is more on the origin of the keyblade for my theory, but this is all that is important regarding keychains and weilding a keyblade. Feel free to disagree.

Quoting Wally The Weird: Sean, i already posted my idea about this. However, seeing as that thread is INSANLEY long, I will spare you the greif of going through it.

My (first) idea, is this. The keyblade, is like an extension of a persons heart, made into tangible metal by a force (Light, Dark). This is what allows a keyblader the ability to cleave the heartless. Sora's is a keyblade made real by his strong heart, very little darkness (My idea is that darkness AND light are required in some amount) and a lot of light. Mickey's is insanley powerful, because his is from the dark realm, made real by the light of his heart, and the darkness that was all arounf him. Riku's first was Xeahnort's (I just KNOW I spelled that wrong) but his second is a balance of both light and dark.
Now, the keychains, are memories and influences. They are obtained by strong influenced onto the heart, to alter it's power and form and abilities. The reason Ultima weapon is so powerful, is because it is made from gathering so many things, from so many places. Like a collage of sorts, but far more powerful :)

Now, there is more on the origin of the keyblade for my theory, but this is all that is important regarding keychains and weilding a keyblade. Feel free to disagree.

You have some very good ideas and theories there, I mean, those have got to be some of the smartest theories I've heard in awhile. Good job, man.

Heh heh, thanks Sean.
I don't mean to brag (Who am I kidding, of course I do!) but there IS a reason why I have a biggest fan :)
Thanks for liking my ideas on keychains, I'll spare you the origin of the keyblade though, as Xenos has it posted in his links guide. My first one.

Huzzah! My theories really ARE worth something :)

Posted by Tysis

One thing I dont get is does sora attach different keychains to the blade to make it transform? because if he does, how does he get two of them? or roxas and Riku for that matter?

Posted by keyartist

He maybe attaches two on one keyst one also had a keychain, it was mickey shaped, maybe he holds the keychain and it bonds with his heart, so if he holds one in each hand he'll have two.What about donald and goffy, they never gave him crap.Mickey doesn't ether.

Well, this is what I can come up with.
Roxas could use two kayblades, because at that point, Sora was almost complete, at which point, Roxas was reverting to himself again.
Roxas can use artificial keyblades, they, like nobodies, do not truley exsist.

Riku used Roxas' keyblade because it did not exsist, there was no second one. It exsisted enough to be tangible, but not enough to be a true keyblade.

Sora can use two keyblades because his heart is further strengthened. Thus, he gets a second keyblade in some aspect. As for the keychains, the only idea I can come up with, is when you take off a keychain, it remains in it's form, but is 'hallow' it has no power, until you equip a newkayblde.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don;t know about Donald and Goofy, I really don't. As for Mickey, maybe he didn;t want to leave a trail? I really don;t know.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Wally your idea does make sense.

Also will we ever see what the key blade looks like without his keychain?And why can't donald,goofy,or mickey be nice and give you something?I mean donald and goofy follow Sora around like helpless morons and basically Sora protects but they don't give him anything in return that is useful.

Roxas lover, are you insane?!
Donald and Goofy kick ***! Goofy especially, they are SO not helpless.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Okay,okay I was wrong they are not helpless but Sora does help them out a lot so they should at least give him something in return because Sora does help them in battle and get them the other staffs and sheilds.
Oh and thank you for noticeing I am insane I take that as a compilment(sorry if I cant't spell).

Meh, I don't know, maybe because they are still with him and haven't become just memories yet.
Besides, The various drive forms are great and worth the cost of a keyblade.

Posted by Roxas Lover

That is true,maybe that is they give you the ablity to use the drive forms and the summons.

Posted by Arczu

Quoting Wally The Weird: Roxas could use two kayblades, because at that point, Sora was almost complete, at which point, Roxas was reverting to himself again. Roxas can use artificial keyblades, they, like nobodies, do not truley exsist.

One moment though. Wasn't it said that Roxas could use the Keyblade because he was the Nobody of the Keyblade Wielder? Wouldn't that makes Roxas' Keyblade a legitimate one?

And one exception to the Keychain by friends theory. Sora can get the Ultima Weapon synthesised. It was given to him, but rather it was created with the Moogle's help. Is that a count of being friends with the Moogle?

Posted by Roxas Lover

That thing about the Ultima Keyblade is true you do synthesis it but it could be that the Moogles let you make it as a sign of friendship(because they have a choise to let you or not) or it could be that they just want to keep their shop open because Sora is basically their only costumer(sorry if I spelled it wrong) right?

Quoting Arczu]

I'd thought about that and like what Roxas Lover said, Sora is basically the Moogle Shop's only customer and I just kinda figured he befriended them by helping their shop out.

Here is my thought.
His keyblade (Singular) was real while sora was being restored. When Sora was nearly complete, it became fake again, but that is just a theory.
As for the Ultima wepaon thing, I always figured that the various ingrdiants and how oyu got them would be so many different experiances that it would give you a keyblade based around those, and because they are so many and high in quality, they give you a kickass keyblade.
Again, just a thought.
---------------------------------------------------
Seans idea also works for the ultima weapon keyblade.

Posted by Tysis

[QUOTE=Sean the Wicked]No matter what anyone says or thinks, Roxas simply cannot use Keyblades. Even watch how they appear to him, they don't appear like Sora's does, they do it in a diffrent style that is the same to how Organization XIII conjurs their weapons. Easy.

When you say they "appear" to him differently, what exactly are you referring to? that cylinder-shaped matrix looking thing? because that was only in the fake twilight town, and they keyblade had to actually go through data to get to him, unles it was just a fake keyblade since the town was fake.

But yea, Xemnas recruited Roxas because he was Sora's nobody who could use the keyblade, which uin my opinion means it's real (at least one of them)

Quoting Tysis: [QUOTE=Sean the Wicked]No matter what anyone says or thinks, Roxas simply cannot use Keyblades. Even watch how they appear to him, they don't appear like Sora's does, they do it in a diffrent style that is the same to how Organization XIII conjurs their weapons. Easy.

When you say they "appear" to him differently, what exactly are you referring to? that cylinder-shaped matrix looking thing? because that was only in the fake twilight town, and they keyblade had to actually go through data to get to him, unles it was just a fake keyblade since the town was fake.

But yea, Xemnas recruited Roxas because he was Sora's nobody who could use the keyblade, which uin my opinion means it's real (at least one of them)

I've done this a thousand times, and I really don't feel like doing it again, and I'm NOT doing it again because I don't feel like searching that KH thread for what I said again. The keyblade appears to Roxas like he conjured it, not called it like Sora does.

Posted by keyartist

Ok lets say that is true, what about kairi she was giving a keyblade.Wasn't it riku"as ansem" that gave it to her, as a weapon.How did he have it, he was in a complete dark form?Was it a dark blade?

Posted by Xaldin

K, I'm not too sure if this will explain the whole roxas/ keyblade thing but it kinda makes sense.

Notice, throughout the story, in the beginning Roxas gains the keyblade while holding another weapon. The keyblade appears in his hands differently than it would for sora (It like digitizes or something... instead of appearing through a beam of light). I think that Namine controls when he uses that keyblade. I believe this because when he first fights the three nobodies, Namine tells him to use it... Well if he really tried to conjure it wouldnt he have made his 2 keyblades? so she must have some kind of control over it...

As for his two keyblades when he fights Axel... Those are probably, as stated before, conjured through magic...

Posted by keyartist

Good point.

Posted by Roxas Lover

This is not a theory about KH3 it just mentions something from the KH3 theories thread.

Ok,I don't know if you have read this off the KH3 theories thread yet but I think that the 3 amoured figures are the creators of the first keyblade(the big keyblade thing look alike)and that when they died the Kingdom Key,Mickeys key,and the Way to Dawn were created by their hearts.

Posted by jefferey shalome

3 corrections

1 and 2. sean said that Sora doesnt find keyblades in chests and stuff. NOT TRUE! he finds the oblivion key in a box a hollow bastion. Also, the key riku faught sora with (from my pov) was a dark key.

3. Someone said that Kairi's key might have been a dark one. That girly piece of crap, no friggin way it was a dark key.

Posted by Tysis

Quoting Xaldin: K, I'm not too sure if this will explain the whole roxas/ keyblade thing but it kinda makes sense.

Notice, throughout the story, in the beginning Roxas gains the keyblade while holding another weapon. The keyblade appears in his hands differently than it would for sora (It like digitizes or something... instead of appearing through a beam of light). I think that Namine controls when he uses that keyblade. I believe this because when he first fights the three nobodies, Namine tells him to use it... Well if he really tried to conjure it wouldnt he have made his 2 keyblades? so she must have some kind of control over it...

As for his two keyblades when he fights Axel... Those are probably, as stated before, conjured through magic...

Actually, the reason why Roxas's keyblade seems to digitally appear is because it does digitally appear. Roxas is in a digital world, hence Digital Twilight Town. If he was in the real world, it would come and go just like Sora's

Posted by Kingdomkeys

ok keyartist, if u have seen the secret ending u can see that one of the chasers is a gurl and i did some searching about the ending and i do belive that the chasers are from the past not present[IMG]http://www.vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG]

Posted by Arcadios

Sorry but the Keyartisit has been exstict for sometime now.

My theory on the keyblade. A new one rather, and a smaller one at that.
When the keyblade appeared to Sora, it replaced his wooden sword. My guess is that the keyblade requires something to take the place of initialy, but after that, it's free game, even if someone else takes it (Riku gave Sora a wooden sword)

As for the Oblivion in a box in the first game, yeah, that did happen. I think that the keychains can exsist in any form, but memories are what grant them geniuine power. (You could have the ultima wepaon keychain, but it wouldn't become ultima weapon until such and such happened).

Now, in regards to Roxas, yeah, as stated above, Roxas' keyblade did appear digitaly because it WAS digital. This is how his keyblade was real. It was real there because either
A:Diz made it that way
B: Being tied to sora so closely, and beign half of him, he called onto it while sora was K.O
C: Some combination of the two. Maybe Diz allowed him to call forth the keyblade from Sora to help him restore his memories.

Bah, this isn't my best, but it has been a while.

Posted by Kingdomkeys

you have a point but, ether B. or C. or on c maybe it was namanie who alound him to get it (i cant spell today)

Posted by Roxas23857

Yeah that could be possible.

Posted by keyartist

Quoting Kingdomkeys: ok keyartist, if u have seen the secret ending u can see that one of the chasers is a gurl and i did some searching about the ending and i do belive that the chasers are from the past not present[IMG]http://www.vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG]

Ok I'm just know seeing this and your point?

Posted by Kingdomkeys

[quote=keyartist]Ok lets say that is true, what about kairi she was giving a keyblade.Wasn't it riku"as ansem" that gave it to her, as a weapon.How did he have it, he was in a complete dark form?Was it a dark blade?

[COLOR=darkorange]no is wound not be a dark blade cause he was still riku at heart. also after doing some reading i found out that the only reason he looked like ansem was because he let the darkness take control. but he never fully gave in the one thing that realy changed about him was his look and his powers, ok now back y he let the darkness change him is becaues when dix neeed roxas to wake up sora riku was the one that badled him, but the first time riku lost so he maded shure that the next time they fought he would win. also he told sora this himself near the ended of the game[IMG]http://vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG][/COLOR]

Posted by Kingdomkeys

[quote=jefferey shalome]3 corrections

1 and 2. sean said that Sora doesnt find keyblades in chests and stuff. NOT TRUE! he finds the oblivion key in a box a hollow bastion. Also, the key riku faught sora with (from my pov) was a dark key.quote]

sorry to burst your bubble but the darkness blade is the oblivion and i know this cause when u are still roxas he has to defeat axal and he pules out TWO blades the darkness blade (aka oblivion) and the light blade (dont reameber name to light)
But i do agree that who thought that kairi's blade, dark it has a flower on it for crying out loud (look at the big picure)[IMG]http://vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG]

Posted by antisora

sorry to get off subject but what happns to his keychains from kh1.

Posted by Kingdomkeys

wat do u mean

Posted by Roxas23857

I think he means what happend to them like did they get destroied or something because they dissappear in the 2nd game and he just doesn't ever use them anymore.

Posted by antisora

Yeah does he still have them or did he lose them with his memories.

Posted by Kingdomkeys

i think that he lost them in chain of memories when namine took his memories away

Posted by antisora

That would make since

Posted by Kingdomkeys

[COLOR=darkorange]ya i thought it did[/COLOR]

Posted by Roxas23857

Yeah that is most likely what happend to his keyblades.

Posted by NeXidala

hey what if the reason that roxas didnt hav any memories of being in org. is because namine took sora's memories away which affected roxas!! but mayb not what do u guys think?

Posted by antisora

That sounds about right!~

Posted by chaser3592

chasers,memories of xemnas,a keyblade war, the lost two these are the quotes we find in the secret ending of kh2 nomura clearly states in an interveiw that the controled character and affiliats in kh3 will be an origional.supposedly xeonhort lost his memory before he came to ansem as an apprentace. my theory it takes place before kh.______________________________________________________________ the "armored knights" who i beleive are the chasers create and dispurse the keyblades to those with strong hearts. i get this from the definition of chaser wich states a chaser is a forger of metal into weapons.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________there are four chasers one of light ,one of dark ,one of twighlight ,one of dawn.hence the four roads they apear from.the one of dark is xeonhort he is not present in the ending because he has lost his memory and is lost somewhere. sora,micky ,andrikus keys are the three to be dispursed to the greatest heros of all.hence the three in the middle of the cross roads.the game will be about how xeonhort who without memory becomes evil and power hungry to fill the void where his memories were.the feild of key blades come from a time whene all hearts aere strong and a keyblade was common to have.eventualy greed and power hunger led to a great keyblade war.the chasers interveined and stopped the fighting .only to make keyblades rare and mostly unheard of."the lost two" possiblyrefers topossbly lost heros of the great war.you most likely wil be the chaser of light who i believe is the on with the one with the huge golden key with prongs on both sides. one problem i see is the lack of usable disney characters. if anyone can counter theory this or find flaws please post them.

Posted by chaser3592

read between the lines

Posted by Kingdomkeys

[quote=NeXidala]hey what if the reason that roxas didnt hav any memories of being in org. is because namine took sora's memories away which affected roxas!! but mayb not what do u guys think?

Ya that sounds right because u know when it went to the fuzzy screen and it said "resperation at wat ever %." Then Roxas had the dream about Sora and then when Diz called Roxas to the old house place, and he goes to the white room and then he remebered evrey thing. and u know the rested, i hope that cleared it u for u[IMG]http://vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG]

Posted by deathdealah

there was no keyblade war because there is only "1" true weilder of a keybalde there is only "1" chosen one

Posted by antisora

then why does mickey riku and sora have keyblades.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Yes I agree with Sora.
if there is only one true keyblade weilder then why is is that Sora,Riku,and Mickey all have keyblades?

Posted by antisora

theres probly millions of keyblade wielders but only one chosen one.

How did you all manage to turn such a well thought out thread into a mass of illiteracy and offtopic posts? Get back on topic.

Posted by antisora

well it was pretty easy

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Sean the Wicked: Point being, Sora obtains keychains from making new friendships, forming bonds, and helping his friends. This may have been obvious to some, others may have been oblivious to this, but I do believe this could play an important role in the next game, or already plays an important role period.

Agreed.

Posted by Kingdomkeys

[quote=deathdealah]there was no keyblade war because there is only "1" true weilder of a keybalde there is only "1" chosen one
OK. With all the stuff that i have read or heard there most definetly was a war. Also what about kairi, Micky, and Riku they chosen to weild the Keyblade too. I'm just sayin.[IMG]http://www.vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG]