More "leaked" Wii information?

Posted by Klarth

(Feels odd to be calling it that.)

That's what an invite to Nintendo's Pre-E3 event looks like. Back in September, some randomer on the IGN forums made an allusion to this, and nobody paid much attention. Well, here's his post.

[quote]"I have followed the rumors and speculation on this board regarding Nintendo

Posted by Alastor

The thing about the "graphical presentation" reminded me of the Link get-up Miyamoto wore once. Seeing him demonstrate the Rev/Wii on stage in that fashion would be... well, interesting, for starters.

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't buy it, sorry. Guess we'll see in 10 days, though.

Wii Will Rock You!

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I think nintendo could do ds-style games on it if you like hold something and point at a certain area of the screen. Also the old gameboy tilt-pak games could use it.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

This guy probably works at the Kodak Theater and saw the schedules really early, and decided to be a ******* about it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Seems like he's implying something about virtual reality being implemented at number one, but without a helmet or visor... What's with that?

Pretty sure Miyamoto mentioned how he'd love to see virtual reality implemented in gaming really soon. People took that as a hint back when he first said it.

Posted by Linko_16

[quote]What you all are ignoring is that the graphics for the Xbox360 are arguably only the same as a souped up Xbox as well.

Who didn't notice that?

Anyway, if half the stuff he's implying turns up true, I'll be quite content.

Quoted post: Who didn't notice that?

I'd like to see Oblivion run on the Xbox. :cookie:

It just doesn't allow for better graphics, it allows for more immersion through bigger worlds with largely unnoticeable loadtimes. So what if it doesn't add new way to play games like the Wii does. Hardly any console has done that, with most just being upgrades with "souped up" graphics. But with that, they allow for greater experiences.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The Wii uses an innovative controller to draw the user into the world, whereas games like Oblivion rely on sheer processing power. Since the Wii's approach is cheaper, I'd credit it with the advantage.

Posted by NightmareBassX

[20:17] Allidiot28: yea
[20:17] Allidiot28: w/e
[20:18] Allidiot28: so ur landlord
[20:18] Allidiot28: is he a .....
[20:18] Allidiot28: like father to u or a butler or a maid or a mother way?
[20:18] ZeroXOmegaunit: GUYANESE?
[20:19] Allidiot28: do u live with ur parents or r u rich
[20:19] ZeroXOmegaunit: ...
[20:19] ZeroXOmegaunit: I live with my parents...
[20:19] Allidiot28: curous
[20:19] ZeroXOmegaunit: ARE YOU SERIOUS
[20:19] ZeroXOmegaunit: YOU THINK IM RICH?
[20:19] Allidiot28: yes
[20:19] Allidiot28: idk
[20:19] ZeroXOmegaunit: WHy would I need a job a quiznos?
[20:19] Allidiot28: oh
[20:20] Allidiot28: yea that makes sence
[20:20] Allidiot28: well idk wat a landlord is!
[20:20] ZeroXOmegaunit: Text blue please.
[20:20] Allidiot28: here
[20:20] Allidiot28: wat is a landlord
[20:20] Allidiot28: ?
[20:21] ZeroXOmegaunit: Someone who owns the house you rent...
[20:21] Allidiot28: ohhhooohhhh
[20:21] Allidiot28: so u rent a house from guyniese man
[20:21] ZeroXOmegaunit: Yes.
[20:21] Allidiot28: ur life sucks
[20:21] ZeroXOmegaunit: ...

Oh, I realise that. But I don't understand why people are all of a sudden discounting the 360 because "zomg it has better graphics". Since when is that such a terrible thing? They have a good groove going, obviously. And Nintendo is taking a BIG risk. Why should MS do such a thing when they feel that they're entirely capable of doing without it? They may not have beaten the PS2, but they were able to edge out the GameCube, so really they have a lot more to lose.

You really can't blame them.

To be honest, Microsoft couldn't have done anything different this gen, aside from better quality testing. They're kinda trapped now in what they do.

And if you souped up an Xbox to right spec, there's no way it wouldn't be able to run Oblivion. It just wouldn't be an Xbox any more. I guess this is what they're trying to get at - you could call the 360 a souped-up NES, or the modern PC a souped-up Mark I. It's not exactly a definitive description.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro: Oh, I realise that. But I don't understand why people are all of a sudden discounting the 360 because "zomg it has better graphics". Since when is that such a terrible thing? They have a good groove going, obviously. And Nintendo is taking a BIG risk. Why should MS do such a thing when they feel that they're entirely capable of doing without it? They may not have beaten the PS2, but they were able to edge out the GameCube, so really they have a lot more to lose.

You really can't blame them.

I'm not saying that its a bad thing. Hell, Oblivion ate my life for a while. I'm jsut saying that the thought of using the Wii controller appeals more then a normal gamepad.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro: It just doesn't allow for better graphics, it allows for more immersion through bigger worlds with largely unnoticeable loadtimes. So what if it doesn't add new way to play games like the Wii does. Hardly any console has done that, with most just being upgrades with "souped up" graphics. But with that, they allow for greater experiences.

Wouldn't load times, for graphics or anything else, have to do with the processer, not the graphic quality? I'm assuming that, if the Wii could do any form of virtual reality, it would be more than a match for that, too.

Though, you're right, it was really just a comment I made out of spite.

Posted by Bebop

Lol my friend works at Nintendo do! Dont buy it.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Linko_16][COLOR=indigo]Wouldn't load times, for graphics or anything else, have to do with the processer, not the graphic quality? I'm assuming that, if the Wii could do any form of virtual reality, it would be more than a match for that, too.

Though, you're right, it was really just a comment I made out of spite.[/COLOR]

Load times have more to do with the amount of data you have to load and the speed you can get it off the disc.

Xbox 360 and Revolution will probably both have the maximum DVD speed available, 12X. Difference is 360 has 512MB of RAM to fill at that speed, Revolution doesn't. You can always tone down detail to take up less space, and turn off shader effects like HDR. There's no real reason Oblivion couldn't run on Revolution, the only really demanding thing about the gameplay is the AI all the characters use. We all know by know that Xenon totally sucks at AI.

Quoted post: Wouldn't load times, for graphics or anything else, have to do with the processer, not the graphic quality? I'm assuming that, if the Wii could do any form of virtual reality, it would be more than a match for that, too.

... yeah. That's why I said "It just doesn't allow for better graphics". I didn't mean that was directly related to that fact that it has better graphics.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Speedfreak: We all know by know that Xenon totally sucks at AI.

Come back and tell me that when you play Call of Duty 2 on veteran.

Posted by Lord of Spam

This man speaks truth.

Those Nazis are wiley bastards.:(

Yeah, many hours of frustration was Veteran. Though it was cool how it felt like a completely different game. Not to mention the satisfaction of finally beating it.

Posted by s0ul

I didn't find the veteran AI smart, they just... don't miss. Ever.

Posted by Speedfreak

AI like on Call of Duty isn't really a generation above the kind we saw on games like Halo 2. When I say Xenon sucks at AI I mean relative to the rest of it's power. It's AI capabilties aren't very much higher than the original Xbox's due to it's crappy branch predicter and in-order processing. Basically, it's entirely possible that Wii could match or better it's AI capabilities.

Posted by TendoAddict

Rule of thumb:
Never belive anything thats not offical. Even If said by the company itself. The only truth can be found when you play it yourself.

The industry we love so much is always changing, uncountable variables affect it. What this guy thought was solid could be a memory if it is even true at all.

I've been burned by believing rumors of a friend of a friend. I've learned my lesson.

That post is so full of contradictions I don't know where to begin.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Wings: That post is so full of contradictions I don't know where to begin.

You can start anywere, I dont mind.

Just tell me whats wrong , because Ive read it a few times and I dont see anything.

Hah, the edit still has them in.
Don't get smart with me, young whippersnapper!