Minish Cap...too easy?

Posted by SonicBlu

Is it me, or is Minish Cap a breeze to those Zelda veterans out there? Aside from the traditional side quests that are bestowed upon our green tunic-clad hero (such as the cuckoo chase and the kinstone fusionings), the dungeons seemed easy enough to complete with one's eyes closed. When I bought the game, I played through the whole thing in less than a week, including fusing all the kinstones, obtaining all figurines, and even got the light arrows and mirror shield, and I have never died once. Not to toot my own horn here, and I am definitely not putting the game down -- I loved it -- but does anyone else feel this way, too?

I must admit, there were a couple difficult obstacles that stood in my way which nearly killed me, but in comparison to the other Zelda games, it wasn't as bad. Such are the tactics of one giant Octorok in the Lake Hylia dungeon...I had a bit of a hard time trying to chase its tail. I eventually subdued the major-sized menace, and yet everything else was just as easy as the beginning of the game.

Don't get me wrong here. As stated before, I loved this game. I even played it a second time through immediately after finishing it the first time. I thought the concept of fusing kinstones with the characters in the game was a neat idea. It managed to extend the game's playability by opening up certain areas that were previously inaccessable, and it did offer a bit of a challenge to find the right people to fuse with when you found you were getting down to your last five fusing opportunities. I feel that doing so, you are given a reason to continue heading back to the areas you had already been for a possible chance of doing something new. The only complaint I have about the game was that it was a bit too easy. At the same time, playing through Majora's Mask -- even after beating the game entirely time and time again -- I still tend to run into a lot of difficulty in some areas. I guess the general idea is that if it's too difficult, you'll see a lot of hair-pulling and controller-slamming moments, but if the challenge isn't there, you are left with seeing an early end to what could be a really great game, had there been a challenge. In essence, I feel that it's because of the individual that nobody can truly create "the perfect video game", since everyone's skill levels differ.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Anyone else care to comment on Minish Cap? I'm interested in what other people think of the new addition to the ever-growing Zelda library.

Posted by Nevinyrral

I too thought that Minish Cap was a bit to easy. I mean, I still love the game and play it over and over, but it just was not as hard as the rest. The puzzles especialy. I hardly had to use my brain when presented with one. I really like the new villan though, he was pretty cool. Kingstone fusing I think, was a very nice touch to the game. I'm bored walking through town and all the sudden somone wants to fuse kingstones. Then I go run after whatever happend. Spent hours doing that. It took me a total of 3 days to do everything (I have no life, so I had practicaly 24 hours a day to play it). Still, Its fun and if anyone out there hasn't played it yet. I suggest you go try it out. Its worth $29.00.

Posted by Zeta

Indeed, the past few Zelda games have been way too easy, and ever since Majora's Mask, they've been pretty short. I'm getting sick and tired of there only being 4-6 dungeons in each game. Hopefully the new GCN game will be a lot tougher, and longer.

Minish Cap is an amazing game. Human Vaati just looks so frickin' awesome. I recently finished the figurine sidequest, and have access to sound test now. I only have three more Kinstone fusions to go, according to the Tingle Siblings.

Posted by Last Fog

Well, it is a Zelda game after all.

Posted by Sk2k52

Quoting Metal Sonic Zeta: Indeed, the past few Zelda games have been way too easy, and ever since Majora's Mask, they've been pretty short. I'm getting sick and tired of there only being 4-6 dungeons in each game. Hopefully the new GCN game will be a lot tougher, and longer.

Minish Cap is an amazing game. Human Vaati just looks so frickin' awesome. I recently finished the figurine sidequest, and have access to sound test now. I only have three more Kinstone fusions to go, according to the Tingle Siblings.

Just think of these games out here to keep us occupied until the NEW Legend of Zelda game coming out sometime this year is released... That teaser so f'ggin kewl...

Posted by SonicBlu

Tell me about it! I can hardly wait for the new Zelda game. Even if I sit at it for a few hours at a time per day, I have a feeling I'll be kept pretty busy with the new title. :)

Posted by Dagoth Ur

Was it too easy? or was it beacause it was for ahandheld? Or mabey they cant just think of a bigger story plot.

Ah well, it was too easy

Posted by Soul_Tassadar

I thought minish cap was far too easy (So was windwaker!!!) But it was still enjoyable, and reminded me of my SNES days.

Posted by Dark Link

MC was decent for me the first time.
2nd time I play it...Breezed through it and that time...3 Heart Challenged it too. Dang attacks are annoying when fighting Vaati with only 3 hearts. and 3 Faeries ^^

As for WindWaker being too easy...You ever tried beating THAT game with only 3 hearts??? It's INSANE! some of the enemies/bosses basically hit-shot you to death. and with only 4 or 6 bottles...can't remember...Wow...Ganondorf...Oh ***...all his attacks do 5-8 hearts. so that's obviously one-hit death. The shield comes in handy when attempting the NO dying 3 heart challenge!

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Dark Link: MC was decent for me the first time.
2nd time I play it...Breezed through it and that time...3 Heart Challenged it too. Dang attacks are annoying when fighting Vaati with only 3 hearts. and 3 Faeries ^^

As for WindWaker being too easy...You ever tried beating THAT game with only 3 hearts??? It's INSANE! some of the enemies/bosses basically hit-shot you to death. and with only 4 or 6 bottles...can't remember...Wow...Ganondorf...Oh ***...all his attacks do 5-8 hearts. so that's obviously one-hit death. The shield comes in handy when attempting the NO dying 3 heart challenge!

Actually, when fighting most of the bosses I barely got hit once in WW. The only part I found hard was fighting all of Ganon's puppets. The first one is pretty easy, but as you get to the others it's highly likely of you getting hit by one of their attacks. And on the one on one match with Ganon I took no damage the second time I played through it so I found that game to be a bore.

As for MC, again another real easy game. The first time around i had trouble just figuring out how to complete side quests. the second time I whipped through pretty quickly without taking a single hit on Vatti. The only thing I need now is to find three more people with which to fuse Kinstones with and I'll beat 100% of it.

Posted by FerreTrip

I conquered Minish, eventually, and in my personal best-Zelda-player-in-my-group-of-friends opinion, I think it was a fairly difficult challange. I almost killed my real self when I was stuck on the first form of Vaati, that is, before I discovered that I can use the Gust Jar. Yeah. I suck monkey. ANYWAY: Yeah, I have to admit, however, the game wasn't all that too difficult. It was just I had to be shut in an asylum for a few days when I found out that, dispite my hours of Kinstoning, I had missed the beloved Light Arrows. I always look at it and think, Do I REALLY want to go through all that jack AGAIN?!

FINAL STATS:

Fighting and Dungeons and stuff: Between Easy and Medium

Sidequests: DIE!! EVIL SATANISTIC KINSTONES!! AHHHHH!!! Not really hard, but more annoying than Spongebob Squarepants.

Bosses: Well, I have to admit, they're tricky, but you can figure them out if you have an open mind, and defeating them is only a matter of good gaming. I bet Nintendo thought up the strategys, but Capcom did the difficulties. Medium.

Speaking of, ever notice how, after the Oracle games, Capcom actually has helped out with all the handheld Zeldas since? I think Nintendo finally thought that since the game's not as akward as the original Zelda, what with you being able to swing instead of stab now, they need some more help with the bosses in order to make the games a more challenging experience.

Posted by Text Attraction

Lol i was thinkign the same thing about this game...it just didn't seem as difficult, but eh it's Zelda so who cares. Some of the kinstone questing did take me longer than expected though...Another thing I realised is that there was nothing really too new about this game, most of the puzzles and characters were all in preveous Zelda games. But I found it charming~