MiniLyrics

Posted by Alastor

A neat little plugin I found for Winamp, [url=http://winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=143654]MiniLyrics[/url]. You can download lyrics from their database that will scroll along with the song you're playing, somewhat like karaoke. If no one's uploaded that song, you can make scrolling lyrics yourself with the built in editing program. The editor takes some getting used to, but I figured it out after just two tries. I've already uploaded a few songs, including James LaBrie - Slightly Out of Reach. All you've got to do is start that song and then click the download button, and it'll search their database and bring up a list of results. Pick the one you want (preferably the .lrc file, as they are the ones that scroll with the music) and download it, and it'll be saved from that point on.

Edit: Also works with Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, Foobar2000, QCD, MUSICmatch Jukebox, and iTunes.

Posted by Dexter

Is there one for itunes? I have not used winamp since 2003.

Posted by Alastor

This same plugin works for Winamp 2, Winamp 5, Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, Foobar2000, "QCD Player" (or something like that), MUSICmatch Jukebox, and iTunes. :)

Posted by Dexter

Not bad. I think I'll like it more once I get used to it. We'll see.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've always wanted something like this. Hope it works well.

Posted by NegativeTrend

ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_ui_minilyrics.dll, reason: Unable to load DLL.

Doesn't work. :(

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I got it, and I like it. It's fun to play with when you're bored. I uploaded a few song lyrics so far:

Machinae Supremacy - Rise
Machinae Supremacy - Hero
Machinae Supremacy - Legion Of Stoopid
Machinae Supremacy - Reanimator
Machinae Supremacy - Timeline

Posted by Alastor

Quoting NegativeTrend: ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_ui_minilyrics.dll, reason: Unable to load DLL.

Doesn't work. :(

No idea why. I know nothing of foobar. :(

Posted by brownoystercult

How do you use the editor? or where do you download it?

I downloaded the program and it's great but I still want a couple songs that they don't have in their database.

Posted by Alastor

Right click in the MiniLyric window and go to Self Lyric Editor. Not going to explain how, as all that is explained in the Help part of the program.

Edit: I've done a few songs myself, and I plan to do more when I get time.

James LaBrie - Slightly Out of Reach
Porcupine Tree - Blackest Eyes
The Aquabats - Chemical Bomb
Machinae Supremacy - Reanimator (Not uploaded yet. Their server is dead, or something.)