Spirited Away and the fat hamster thing!!!

Posted by buddha

This film is weird and its not in english but I recommend you watch it because it is highly original, a little creepy in parts and has a hillarious weird little fat hamster thingey that ill have you in stitches.Also it won awards and i even heard its the most successful movie ever in japan.
I need to hear someone elses opinion on this topic please.

Posted by Dexter

Wonderful, creative, artistic film. I own it and have watched it closely, although there seems to be so many underlying messages that I can't possibly seem to understand them all, yet. I like many of Hayao Miyazaki's films, including Princess Mononoke, which I highly recommend. I have a few of his other films, as well, but these two are probably my favorites. I'm looking forward to seeing Howl's Moving Castle whenever it comes around.

Posted by buddha

Princess mononoke.........ive heard of it but never saw it. does studio ghibli make it?

Posted by Dexter

I am not sure. You can get some information about it, along with any other movie, [URL=http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0119698/]here[/URL].

I used to watch it very often, but it has been a little over a year since my last watch.

Posted by Dandelion

I have the Spirited Away poster right by my bed :kiss: I absolutely adore that movie!

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

I love Hayao Miyazaki's films. Here's a list of my favorites:
Castle In The Sky
Princess Mononoke
Nausicaa (and something else that goes with the title, but I cant remember what)
Grave Of The Fireflies
Spirited Away (of course)

The only Miyazaki movie that I saw that I didn't like was Kiki's Delivery Service. I just didn't like it. On another interesting tidbit, did you know that in Spirited Away, the person who did Chihiro's voice in the english dubbing now works on Lilo & Stitch (she plays Lilo)? That's ironic.

EDIT POST SCRIPT: I saw something when I watched Kiki's Delivery Service. When Kiki goes into the town and flies through the tunnel, a message on the bus she passes says "Studio Ghibli". Just something weird.

Posted by buddha

um where can i see these other hayao miyasaki's films. I cant find them in video shops and i havent seen any showings on sky digital (besides spiried away which was great)