Most fiendish puzzles (once again, possible spoilers)

Posted by GameMiestro

Many people think of Metroid simpily for the fast past 2-D shooting action. When I think of Metroid, I think of puzzles- really difficult ones at that. I've already posted some of my favorites, but here are some that took me awhile-

-Getting the hidden tank in the far left of Mother Brains destroyed room in Zero Mission. Jump boosting is one very difficult sport.

-Getting the energy tank that is right before Mecha Ridleys room.

-Piston cave (dont we all)

This is for the most difficult ones, not you favorites. Considering this, I didn't like any of them.

Posted by Zeta

The Etecoon room.

If you don't know about the wall jump and saved at the save room near the Etecoons, you're SCREWED!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting GameMiestro:
-Piston cave (dont we all)

RRRRRAAAH.

:mad:

Posted by Zeta

Piston Cave made me sad. I was always proud of the Metroid games for not using cheap OHKO things. :(

Posted by GameMiestro

Hey, they killed you in Metroid Prime when you jumped off cliffs...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting GameMiestro: Hey, they killed you in Metroid Prime when you jumped off cliffs...

Or in Hunters whenever you jump into space in the Celestial Archives.

Come to think of it, much of the second half of MPH's adventure had cheap tactics.

:(

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: Hey, they killed you in Metroid Prime when you jumped off cliffs...

There weren't any jump-offable cliffs in MP, and in MP2 they just took away 10 energy and put you back where you fell from.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Zeta]There weren't any jump-offable cliffs in MP, and in MP2 they just took away 10 energy and put you back where you fell from.

I'm sure there was. There was some part in this lava area where I remember jumping off and instantly dying... maybe I'm thinking of MP2, I dont know. But what I do know is having to jump across that broken up curved section right before the boss at the Vesper Defense Outpost was annoying... if they just put in some challenging enemies, Hunters could have been one truely difficult game.

Posted by MetroidPrimeMan

Quoting GameMiestro: I'm sure there was. There was some part in this lava area where I remember jumping off and instantly dying... maybe I'm thinking of MP2, I dont know. But what I do know is having to jump across that broken up curved section right before the boss at the Vesper Defense Outpost was annoying... if they just put in some challenging enemies, Hunters could have been one truely difficult game.

I just played both Prime 1&2 to test it out and here is what I found.

In Prime there was a lave stage, but when you fall into it from HIGH up (as high as I could get) you take instant damage and get stuck for a brief time and as long as you are in the lava you continue to take damage. So unless you were that low on health in shouldn't be an instant kill.

In Prime2- Yes you can fall off several cliff areas, but it puts you back near the ledge you fell from (pending you have enough health remaining) I'm not sure which one you played thats why I listed both. -So Zeta was right...It wouldn't let me add to his rep so I'm giving him credit here-

Happy Hunting
MetroidPrimeMan