Japanese Music!!

Posted by Switch.Wolf

Hey! Anybody here into japanese music? Anything from J-Rock, J-Pop, J-rap, and traditional.
My favorites would be be Gackt, Ayumi Hamasaki, Nujabes, and Dir en Grey.

Posted by Altinure

i love japanese music it's so kuwaii!!! omg wouldn't it be cool if the ppl in dragon ballz made a j-rap group and they could rap about super goku and pikachu. omg i would love that. ^_^;;

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

Quoted post: i love japanese music it's so kuwaii!!! omg wouldn't it be cool if the ppl in dragon ballz made a j-rap group and they could rap about super goku and pikachu. omg i would love that. ^_^;;

[COLOR="Black"]
Lol pikachu.

Anyways im into J-rock.[/COLOR]

Posted by Switch.Wolf

Personally no, that doesn't sound to good. And Dir en Grey is anything but Kuwaii. ^^ But yes. Ayumi is Kuwaii!!!! :D

Posted by Dexter

I have to admit, I do like listening to Ayumi Hamasaki occasionally. Sometimes, however, I wish I could take away her voice and simply listen to the music. I know a big part of her success is due to her look and stage presents, but I really have not seen much of that at all. I'll try looking into that.

I like Hamaguchi Shirou and Koji Kondo compositions. I like some Maaya Sakamoto and I enjoy "Always With Me" by Youmi Kimura. I also enjoy the Akira soundtrack by Yamashiro Shoji. And I've always liked Shiina Ringo. She'd probably be my favorite.

I don't care much for their appearance, which is a huge part of the Japanese music culture. It seems really ridiculous to me, as if it should be done out of fun and not taken as seriously, and it seems as though too much emphasis is put on their appearance instead of the actual music. What I've heard from Dir en Grey has been incredibly obnoxious, but I don't think I have heard the right material.

I've never heard of Nujabes. I'll check it out sometime. Any recommendations to get me started?

Posted by Switch.Wolf

If you have ever seen the anime "Samurai Champloo" then he mixed most of the music and sang on the opening and ending tracks I believe. His music is hard to find. I was lucky to find his CD on Torrent Spy and a few songs on Myspace. Really good and inspirational Hip-Hop.

Dir en grey is those people who enjoy GWAR or Marilyn Manson. They have that kind of stage show.

Posted by Dexter

Oh yeah. I have Samurai Champloo. I had a feeling I recognized his name. Don't know why I forgot it.

And gundelhell_wielder introduced me to Schwarz Stein. I like the music, but the vocals get annoying fast. :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, I actually listen to quite a bit of Japanese music. But I, in fact, hate the vast majority of it. It's pretty interesting and somewhat different at first... then you get further into and realise "oh, lol, this band sounds exactly like the previous twenty".

But of course there's those few stand-out bands that I can't help to love. But most of those tend to be Black/Death Metal.

Quoted post: And gundelhell_wielder introduced me to Schwarz Stein. I like the music, but the vocals get annoying fast.

Check out Eve of Destiny. Better vocals, more interesting music.

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

Quoted post: And gundelhell_wielder introduced me to Schwarz Stein. I like the music, but the vocals get annoying fast.

[COLOR="Black"]O RLY? THEN FUK U.
Get your *** on msn I am going to send you good songs from Schwarz Stein.(non-annoying vocals)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Black"]Edit: [/COLOR]
Quoted post: "oh, lol, this band sounds exactly like the previous twenty"

[COLOR="Black"]Lol Gazzela.[/COLOR]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Nah, I'm talking about bands that don't look like complete rip-offs until you actually listen to them. But yeah, all those bands were so, so horrible. Pretty hilarious.