How does height relate to your attraction to the opposite sex?

Posted by gamerz

Example:

- Most men won't date women taller than them because it makes them feel inadequate.

- Most women won't date men shorter than them because it... embarasses them?

- Some men like women a little shorter than their height so they don't feel silly while dancing with them and don't have to bend down to kiss them, as opposed to petite women.

- Some men like women who are much shorter than them because they like the doll-like aspect of a woman's body in bed and want her to be much smaller than them.

- Some women like men who are two to three times their size (in weight and height) because they like the sense of protection in public as well as the submissive/ dominant role in bed that a large, strong, rough man can give them.

What are your thoughts on height and attraction? I like all shapes and sizes for their various reasons. I would never date someone my exact height or taller than me, although if a 6'7" woman exists in my dating scene, *** help her anyway.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I like it when a girls head tops out around my nose. Seems to be a reasonable height that lets me feel LOL HUEG without making me feel like I'm having sex with an 8 year old.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Eh, I'm 5'11" and though I don't mind women taller than me... I DO prefer them shorter. 5'1"-5'5" seems pretty good.

Posted by Klarth

As long as their eye level is below mine I am happy. I refuse to date anyone taller than me - I'm 6'1" or so.

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

Quoting gamerz: - Some women like men who are two to three times their size (in weight and height) because they like the sense of protection in public as well as the submissive/ dominant role in bed that a large, strong, rough man can give them

Four words:

BRUCE LEE, MUTHA F**CKER!

Posted by The Judge

I prefer women who are between 5'4" to 5'8", personally. Below that seems a tad short, but I suppose I wouldn't mind. If they were taller than me, though, I think I'd find that odd. Same height probably wouldn't bother me.

Posted by Fate

I like guys that tower over me. It makes me feel cuter. But at my height, that's easily done. :x

Posted by Altinure

I like guys taller than me.

Posted by GameMiestro

Girls over 6 feet tall creep me out slightly.

Posted by NES Queen

in the past i've typically dated guys who were 8-14" taller than me (i'm 5'2"). i definitely prefer large/big/tall guys, but if the height difference is too big things can get a bit awkward and complicated.

perfect height difference i suppose would be as LoS said, with the top of my head reaching somewhere mid-face with them. perfect height for them to just come up and plant a sweet kiss on my forehead without any effort.

i'd much rather be with a shorter yet stockier guy, than a taller skinny scrawny one though. i'm a bit rough and tumble and like to play around, so with the stereotype that men are supposed to be stronger than women, i wouldnt want to hurt him or be able to out wrestle him. :/

Quoted post: perfect height difference i suppose would be as LoS said, with the top of my head reaching somewhere mid-face with them. perfect height for them to just come up and plant a sweet kiss on my forehead without any effort.

So you want a guy that's 5'3"?

Posted by NES Queen

no, if he was just an inch taller than me his lips would be nose-level, not forhead level. plus i usually wear boots and heels so i'm taller than my 5'2".

i guess 5'7"-ish would be "ideal"

Quoted post: no, if he was just an inch taller than me his lips would be nose-level, not forhead level.

Then 5'4"?

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Vampiro: Then 5'4"?

[quote=me]i guess 5'7"-ish would be "ideal"
i have a big forehead :/

Posted by gamerz

My, she's a short one. I'm 5"7 & a half and I went out with a girl who was around your height(nes queen). We didn't last too long (3 month's or so), (your height comment just reminded me of her) because all she wanted was sex, 4 times a day. Now on my days off, I sure as hell didn't mind, but she had one hell of a habit of waking me up in the middle of the night wanting some. (and unfortunately for her, when I get woken up, I'm in a grouchy mood due to the fact that it takes me over 2-3 hours just to get back to sleep again.)

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I prefer the guy to be taller than me, although that isn't too hard to find, considering I'm barely 5'1".

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I definitely prefer the tiny girls. Mainly because I value cuteness over conventional 'hotness'. Also, it means that I can feel like a paedophile without actually being one.

Although since I'm 6'3", I suppose it makes a very odd picture.

Posted by The Judge

Christ, you barley don't pass for a midget.

EDIT: @ LISA WINGS FAG

I'm a ninja!

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Wings]I can feel like a paedophile without actually being one.
That's so creepy. What's worse is that I can totally sympathise.

I have a fair few photos of myself with small girlfriends that could easily be captioned 'is this loli?'

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Wings: Also, it means that I can feel like a paedophile without actually being one.

Too scared to taste the new fruits? The youngest cherries always taste so sweet.

Quoted post: Too scared to taste the new fruits? The youngest cherries always taste so sweet.

The only problem with that analogue is fruit that's unripe tastes like ****.

Though yeah, I can actually relate with what Wings said. Even if that is kinda disgusting in a way.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Wings: Although since I'm 6'3", I suppose it makes a very odd picture.

my ex is 6'3", though i dont think we have any pics together standing up. it certainly was.... interesting. you need to become a little innovative ;)

Posted by Iris

I don't particularally care if they're taller or shorter, as long as they're in a range.

5'8"-6'5" is good for me.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I prefer girls that are around 1-4 inches shorter than me. Really tiny girls are scarce in my school, I think we have about maybe 10 total out of a class of 350, so it's not hard to find girls that meet what I like. Heck I'm not the tallest guy in my school either, I'm only 5'9.5 and any girl taller than me just kind of creeps me out. It makes me feel really small.

Posted by Dexter

I don't think I have much of a preference. I've known girls taller than me and shorter than me and I've been fine with both. Right now I have strong admiration for this adorable shorty I know, so I suppose I'll have to go with shortness over tallness. As long as they don't look like a dwarf, I think shortness is cute. But it sort of comes down to my preference on cuteness or sexiness, too. Generally, short girls are cute and tall girls are sexy. Shortness brings on the ease of transportation. Short girls seem more fragile. I think I'm attracted to fragility becauese I happen to be gentle and a little fragile myself.

Posted by Ant

5'5 would probably be ideal. But 5 inchs taller or shorter either way would be nice too. As long as they aren't taller then me, that would just be awkward!

Posted by Porcupine

Yeah, I'll just answer the original question; for me it doesn't.

Posted by junior senior

I like people around the same height as me, but I'm around 4'9" so there's not a lot of people to choose from. :(

Posted by Speedfreak

Shorter is cute, but it gets to a point where it's impracticle. Being exactly the same height would feel weird to me.

Quoting Speedfreak: Shorter is cute, but it gets to a point where it's impracticle.

That's exactly the point it starts turning me on, oddly.

Then again, I like black chicks, so what do I know? If Gary Coleman was female, it would be on.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Wings]That's exactly the point it starts turning me on, oddly.

Then again, I like black chicks, so what do I know? If Gary Coleman was female, it would be on.

Mate, I don't want to know.

Posted by Linko_16

To tell you the truth, I find that the taller she is, the better. Of course, I'm going on 6'4", so any hopes of finding someone taller than myself are all but nonexistant.

Not that shorter girls can't be cute.

Posted by Xenos

Eh, height doesn't really make a difference for me--well, okay, fine. It just might seem awkward for me to be with a chum so short, it makes me seem like an Asian Michael Jackson or someone that is amazingly taller, but when it all points down, height is just brownie points, though I doubt I'll ever give.

Posted by NegativeTrend

I prefer my women to be from 4' to 7'.

Posted by mis0

I like people exactly my height and eye level. That's about 6' even.

Posted by Aesthetic

Though height wouldn't have ever prevented me from getting to know a guy if I thought there was a potential relationship, I've always preferred the guy to be taller than me - over two inches taller, at least. Being somewhere in-between 5'1 and 5'2, all guys (well, people in general) seem tall to me. Since most guys I know are between 5'9 to 5'11 anyway, I'm used to the height difference. I don't think it would cause any trouble at all, and besides, I rather like the tallness of my guy.

It's amusing when people start to make short jokes, though. They honestly think that they can offend me by saying things that I've heard countless times, which just makes it that much easier to have comebacks every time they try. Oh, the joy of working with guys.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I generally date women I have seen before, So height doesn't much matter.

Posted by Brandon Heat

My GF is up to about chest level, and I am 6 foot. I kind like it though, don't know why.

Posted by Raptor

I'm not shallow enough for height to be a factor in my attraction to someone.

Posted by Linko_16

You're not shallow because you think taller or shorter people are more attractive. You're shallow to love them for that reason without bothering to notice if they're complete jerks.

L'arc~en~Ciel does rock pretty hard, by the way.

Posted by Sable Wind

I am not attracted to men shorter than me, honestly. It's difficult to find one, being that I'm only 5'1", but it would make me feel like I am the dominant one when I am simply not that way. I enjoy tall men because, as said before, it makes me feel protected, and safe. A current blob of mine is 6'3", and my head tops off below his shoulder. I like it that way.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Linko_16:

L'arc~en~Ciel does rock pretty hard, by the way.

Really? I wouldn't know, as my user title refers to something else entirely.

Quoting Raptor: I'm not shallow enough for height to be a factor in my attraction to someone.

No, only whether they sniff their own arse or not.

Posted by Speedfreak

And pub- er..fur coverage.

Posted by Fate

I thought it was in nature to be attracted to something subconsciously. I don't think most people go around looking specifically at height when they are attracted to someone. I don't know what you're getting at, Raptor. You make it sound unnatural, or in this case, shallow. It's about preference!

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Raptor: Really? I wouldn't know, as my user title refers to something else entirely.

Oh, well, my bad then.

Posted by Axis

I usually prefer it when they're shorter than me, but at the same time I agree with what Raptor says.

Things like this shouldn't affect our perceptions of beauty, but they do. It's a shame we can't all be as well adjusted and discerning as Raptor.

We've had a massive discussion about this before, I seem to remember.

Posted by KoH

Shorter than me but not taller. I'm 6' 2" so... something like around 5' 5" to 5' 11". The idea of a 6' girlfriend is kinda weird to me.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I'm a bit short for my age. But I ain't midget. I'm 5'2" and im 13 so. I have also lot alot of fat, and put up some strength to make myelf look bigger. My girlfriend(Amy) is taller than me. My friends joke about it but I don't care about height. Looks, yes. But who doesn't. Personalit plays a big role to. I am not gonna date Rosie O'Donald just because shes got a good personality. And wtf is up with her and bieng on view?

Posted by JonMB

gamerz, you didn't last long because your girlfriend wanted too much sex? Booooo hooooo! I wish I had your problems!

Anyhow, I don't really care much. I guess if I had to choose, she'd be within 5 inches shorter than me. I'm around 5'9".

Than again, I wouldn't mind a 5 foot girl. I've met plenty that are very cute. And it'd be unlikely that I would get with a 7 foot women, but not impossible.

Posted by Crazy K

Personally I don't care if a girl is taller or shorter then me. I really don't mind.

Posted by JonMB

My ex was like 5'4" so I think if she was just a few inches taller, around my height, it would have been a bit easier to kiss while having sex. Not that it was difficult, but for some reason it wasn't always comfortable for our necks.

That's a small issue... just saying.

Posted by GameMiestro

If a girl is over 15 inches taller or shorter than their boyfriend, I don't care if he's shallow or not- he would have to be plain ignorant to act like it has no factor on their attraction towards each other.

Posted by coromoro

Height doesn't really matter to me when it comes to dating. :cool:

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting JonMB: My ex was like 5'4" so I think if she was just a few inches taller, around my height, it would have been a bit easier to kiss while having sex. Not that it was difficult, but for some reason it wasn't always comfortable for our necks.

That's a small issue... just saying.

I'm flexible like a mother ****ing snake. I bet I could get down with a 5' girl and kiss her just fine during it.

Posted by GuardianBaku

I would not be creeped out in anyway by a girl's height. Cuz my philosphy is "Get respect, give respect."

Once though, I was at work and this girl comes in. Now, I'm on a lil stage thing behind the counter so I do seem taller. But, this girl was tall with legs and I could see between those legs with ease from my side of the counter. I was a lil creeped.

Quoted post: I thought it was in nature to be attracted to something subconsciously. I don't think most people go around looking specifically at height when they are attracted to someone. I don't know what you're getting at, Raptor. You make it sound unnatural, or in this case, shallow. It's about preference!

Pretty sure a lot of it IS subconscious. It is for picking out a dog anyways, supposedly. So I'm sure it's a lot like picking out a mate. Men usually prefer shorter women because we like to feel like the protectors, while women like taller men as they like to feel protected.

Et cetera.

Posted by JonMB

Yeah, that's the only reason I like girls with big boobs. I subconsiously think they'll be good mothers.

I swear, that's the ONLY reason ladies, so don't get mad at me.

Yeah, that's a good example of being shallow I guess.

Posted by JonMB

I also like girls who easily have orgasms because it helps the sperm reach the eggs and therefore fulfills my desire to procreate.

:)

Posted by Lord of Spam

I just think tits are fun to play with, and make awesome pillows.

I'll admit it.:cool:

Truth. Which is why I dislike overly firm ones. Though, I dislike them overly large too...

So, however that works *shrugs*

Posted by Xenos

Doesn't using tits as pillows hurt the girls, though?

Posted by Lord of Spam

I've never heard any complaints. Its not like I'm actually resting any great weight on them; its just sorta a comfy place to rest your head.

Quoted post: Doesn't using tits as pillows hurt the girls, though?

maybe if you fluffed them up or headbutted them. but I've never heard a girl go "hey, bby, that ****ing hurts". So sux **** if it does.

Posted by Xenos

Ah, good deal. To hell if I know the answer. :(

Posted by JonMB

It never hurt my ex for me to lay my head on her chest, although I suppose it might hurt some women.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Xenos: Doesn't using tits as pillows hurt the girls, though?

no more than when we rest our head on your chest. it's nice, and comforting.

i'm a self proclaimed cuddle whore, laying in bed with my bf's head on my chest was how you'd find us every weekend

Posted by Lord of Spam

Cuddleing can rock so hard its not even funny.

But its always better after a little bit o' naughtiness.

Posted by NES Queen

why not sammiched with the naughtiness inbetween?

Posted by Lord of Spam

I never said that wouldnt work. I'm jstu saying post naughty is the best time.

This is, of course, assuming that you care about the person that just got down with. if its just a quick hook up, then I see no reason to stick around.

I must concur about the "cuddliness". It does indeed rock. I actually can't understand why "most" guys hate it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Probably something to do with some insecurity thing or something.

I can admit it though, I thoroughly enjoyed cuddling.

Past tense ahoy!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yarg, Captain! Its a breakup, coming at us at a good 5 knots all the way from november!

Yo ho ho and six bottles of rum to drown the pain oh *** WHY DID SHE LEAVE ME

*emo pirate is copyright will templeton, 2006. all rights reserved, me hearties.

Posted by Lord of Spam

You have made me laugh. For that, I thank thee.

However, you have also reminded me that I dont have any rum. And for that, you shall die!

Quoting Lord of Spam: I dont have any rum.

In that case, hard a port.

Posted by JonMB

I agree with all the cuddle comments. So relaxing.