Kingdom Hearts board.

Posted by Jesse Smith

There's a poll on the mod board about adding one.

It looks like over half the RPG board threads are KH, and it looks like it's KH that's bombing us with new members and increasing activity here. A new board might increase that even more.

Posted by Dexter

No. The activity for it won't last long. It will gradually decrease.

Posted by sniper

Yes. Make me the moderator while you are at it.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Dexter: No. The activity for it won't last long. It will gradually decrease.

Exactly.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dexter: No. The activity for it won't last long. It will gradually decrease.

I take it you've never seen [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=10285]this thread.[/url] That alone has more posts than half the boards got!! And the thread's only four months old.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, we don't need a whole extra board to ride out the wave of popularity Kingdom Hearts is giving us right now. Our boogie board of an RPG forum will do nicely.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Like Dex said, this isn't going to last forever. Mayve a couple more months, tops. Then we'll be stuck with a dead board.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Jesse Smith: I take it you've never seen [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=10285]this thread.[/url] That alone has more posts than half the boards got!! And the thread's only four months old.

There will always be hit games that will bring in a bunch of newbies and traffic then gradually fade away. You can't make a separate forum for each game that does this. You do that then never take the forums away after the hype dies down and the forum can be merged into another forum. The Animal Crossing forum is still around, which I still find unnecessary. This is why I don't trust this idea. We'll have a Kingdom Hearts forum years from now and it will be unwarranted.

Quoting Vampiro: dead board.

Someone needs to define "board" and "forum" for me. I look at it as this: NES, music, or polls would be forums and VGC, GameWire, Mist of Avalon, or Furtopia would be boards. Is this correct or is it the other way around?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dexter: There will always be hit games that will bring in a bunch of newbies and traffic then gradually fade away. You can't make a separate forum for each game that does this.

Um, this would be only the second one in five years, with Animal Crossing being da first!!!

Oh, yah, where is da Final Fantasy board!! er...it's not there!!! Looks like they don't stay there for ever!!! I can't find a thread asking to delete da Animal Crossing board!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Ant

Delete the Animal Crossing Board.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er you're supposed to post that in da mod board and talk about it for a day, with a poll!!! :D (Even I would vote yes to that, though I'll probably never be the one to start a poll about deleting a board!!!)

Posted by Dexter

The Real Super Mod thread has been up for a day, right?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Almost seven hours.

Posted by Proto Man

Why not just make a Square/Enix board again?

Posted by Klarth

I say yes. More activity for VGC = more to do.

Posted by The Judge

I can think of plenty of crappy game boards that need deleting which only see posts every few days (or weeks or months even!), which could easily be replaced by a KH board, which seems to be extremely popular now and was when the first one came out too. Then the people might not be restricted to just one thread.

And yes I think Sniper should be mod. For once I'm being serious.

Quoted post: I can think of plenty of crappy game boards that need deleting which only see posts every few days (or weeks or months even!), which could easily be replaced by a KH board, which seems to be extremely popular now and was when the first one came out too. Then the people might not be restricted to just one thread.

And those dead boards were created for the same reason this one will be.

Posted by The Judge

And then a new game will come out that we want to make a board out of, and the cycle continues. We need to stay contemporary, son.

... but isn't that the purpose of the RPG board? So we don't have to continue making boards that are only going to last for a few months?

Posted by GameMiestro

Time has shown that if a forum adapts it's boards often to keep with popular games, interest stays high. For example, if we added a Kingdom Hearts board, plenty of topics would show up that we wouldn't see otherwise, the result being that other people would feel more welcome to post. This would make them feel more "at home", which would probably encourage them to invite other members. Clearly, there's enough intrest in this game to last in the forum for quite a while (and don't rule out the possibility of a Kingdom Hearts 4).

Posted by sniper

A single post about Kingdom Hearts has more posts than any other game-specific board. It is the biggest subject on VGC, without a doubt. The forum has been pretty dead lately, and this could bring in new members. Worst case, the forum gets deleted after a while. The slippery slope argument doesn't apply here, since no one is forced to make game boards for every popular game just because of this.

Posted by gamerz

I say make it. Also make a board called archives. When a board like the final fantasy boards die (like they did way back when) throw it into the archive board. That way the topics still generate traffic and when people search, they wont get a 404 page due to a deleted topic/board.

Posted by sabre

Who gives a ****? Make use of the influx of members. Maybe some will stay. Fresh blood sounds good right now.

I don't know about you, but when I joined I lived in the Pokemon board basically. A little community was built there and it was very fun, and it gave me ties to VGC which I was very reluctant to break. The circumstances were very similar to this, and hell knows I wouldn't have stuck around if it were just a pokemon sticky in General Gaming Discussion or something. I think something similar could happen with KH.

Posted by The Judge

And I enjoy seeing people swarm in here. More people at VGC means more potential Acolytes of Darkness, which increases the popularity on the part of the site I care about.

More members = more posts on VGC = more posts on DA = win for everyone.

Posted by sabre

I don't know about that last bit, but it's definitely nice to see some new faces, and if it weren't for a Pokemon board I wouldn't have stuck around - same thing may apply to KH. Definitely a great idea to capitalise it imo. From what I've seen the thread regulars are for it, too.

I'm swayed. Though I have a feeling the board will remain on the main page long after it's dead. But whatever.

Posted by The Judge

See: Animal Crossing

Posted by Wally The Weird

Hey alls.
I, Wally The Weird, known for my numerous, and suprisingly often ontopic posts (Seriously, I looked, a good number of them are on topic, I was like "So THATS why I haven't been smited by a moderator yet")

Well, anyway, I joined this awesome and terrible (In the good way) site, pretty much exsclusivley to post on the KHIII theory board. I branched out a bit, posting on others, and even started one, that didn't really go anywhere.

Well, I am all in favor of the new thread idea. I think it was mentioned as being a KH general thingy or something, I cannot recall.

Besides, I can't go very far posting almost exsclusivley on a single thread.

Now, I am going to go cook some chiken.

Posted by Jesse Smith

BINGO!! *Runs off and makes it before more mods that are anti-new members vote no.* (Right now the poll has two more yes votes, one mod changed to no, so it has one more plus vote than no.)

Posted by GameMiestro

That was fast...

Posted by RollinStones21

I don't quite understand how Fourm sites work exactly, but by reading everyone elses opinions I think its a pretty good idea.

Though, the only other place I've posted alot on was Allakazham on the FFXI boards. Jesus, threads there i've seen go up to around 300 pages before. (If your wondering which one because you've been to the site before, it was in the Dragoon job class fourm, some guy made an awesome ongoing story involving Bastok and some of his friends, it got up to 312 pages last I saw it. Its probably since been deleted, it's been almost a year now. It was really popular while it lasted though.)

But yeah, I think a KH board would be good.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Jesse Smith: *Runs off and makes it

You said you give polls at least a day until you make the changes?

Posted by XxLionheartXx

Dont Forget that the kingdom hearts series will keep going on until the story gets to a complete stop, because at the end of kingdom hearts 2 it looks like theres going to be a 3rd one!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting XxLionheartXx: Dont Forget that the kingdom hearts series will keep going on until the story gets to a complete stop, because at the end of kingdom hearts 2 it looks like theres going to be a 3rd one!

Not really got much to do with it - otherwise we'd have Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo, Halo, and other such boards, too.

I'm pro-Kingdom Hearts, though. Even if ONE worthy new members come out of this, we'll still reap the benefits.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The X: Even if ONE worthy new members come out of this, we'll still reap the benefits.

We've already got around 100 new active members because of KH!!!! I'm guessing it's that massive long sticky thread that got them here, from Google!!!

Quoting Dexter: You said you give polls at least a day until you make the changes?

er....according to da calander... it's been one day!! :D:D:D

Now, get Fairy here!!!

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Jesse Smith]Now, get Fairy here!!!

Fairy would be incredibly difficult to track down, and you know that... perhaps a more active, or more original mod?

Posted by Jesse Smith

This morning Dexter said he would get her back, that she wanted to come back!!!!! I even gave her her post count back!!! :D

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Wally The Weird: Hey alls.
I, Wally The Weird, known for my numerous, and suprisingly often ontopic posts (Seriously, I looked, a good number of them are on topic, I was like "So THATS why I haven't been smited by a moderator yet")

Well, anyway, I joined this awesome and terrible (In the good way) site, pretty much exsclusivley to post on the KHIII theory board. I branched out a bit, posting on others, and even started one, that didn't really go anywhere.

Well, I am all in favor of the new thread idea. I think it was mentioned as being a KH general thingy or something, I cannot recall.

Besides, I can't go very far posting almost exsclusivley on a single thread.

Now, I am going to go cook some chiken.

In all seriousness, the days of mods being overbearingly strict are dead. Feel free to have a little freedom in your posts.

Posted by GameMiestro

If we can get over 1000 active members, we should have a party.

Posted by Arcadios

can a forum hold that much?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Right now 32 humans are looking at the KH board. All the other boards on the index have a total of 21 humans looking at them. I rest my case!! :D

Quoting Mr.Nintendo74: can a forum hold that much?

Oh yes!!!! er, if the server can handle it!!!!

Posted by Arcadios

what thing do u guys want them 2 put in kh3 that they left out in kh2?

Posted by Linko_16

I was going to say that, after hearing some pursuasive arguments, that I think it could be a good idea afterall. Looks like I'm a little late, though.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Mr.Nintendo74: what thing do u guys want them 2 put in kh3 that they left out in kh2?

More black people. There isn't a single black person in the entire game!!!!

Posted by sniper

Hello? Beast?

Posted by The Judge

"GET OUT OF MY HOME *Growls*"
"SHUT UP WOMAN *growls*"
"I guess I just wasn't mentally strong enough *growls*"

Posted by Xenos

I was thinking more of a sub-forum ... then merge it when it dies down.

Posted by sniper

:sniper: for KH mod '06

Posted by KoH

Ya know... put an 'o' in the middle of "KH" and I have my own board. Think about that.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting sniper: :sniper: for KH mod '06

I concur. Or :judge:

Posted by Iris

As long as you prune/merge it with the RPG board once the activity dies down, I won't mind it at all.