Kingdom Hearts board.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Do you think it would be a good idea to have a Kingdom Hearts board? It looks like half the RPG board is about Kingdom Hearts!!

Posted by Xenos

Hmm, whatever. It would be nice for me not having to skip between pages. Though, would it cut off our newbie-factory?

Posted by Alastor

I guess. My immediate reaction was "Not needed," but then I actually checked out the RPG board. Didn't seem like too bad of an idea after that. So long as it's modded appropriately, go for it.

Posted by Jesse Smith

The URLs of those threads wouldn't change. So if there all finding KH using the threads, they would still end up at the threads.

Posted by Xenos

Wait, Jess, can we make a redirect? And if you do, just make it a sub-forum. I'm not too sure how long this fad will last.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er what would we redirect!!!! No URLs would be changed. One URL would be added, the new board index, and future threads.

New board, then KOH threads moved there. It would be a main directory so it's linked to on the main page.

Take a look through

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=12766

at the dates they registered. I think KH is what's bombing us with new members!!! :D

Posted by Xenos

Fine, then plleeaasse make it. It makes life so much easier for me to keep track of. Also, make Velvet Nightmare a mod of the sub-forum. He knows what he's talking about as far as KH goes, and I won't be here in times of finals week. :(

Posted by Dexter

But Velvet just told me last night that he was never coming back here again? :(

Posted by Xenos

wut?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

There's an influx of KHII threads right now, but given time, it will die down. Adding a board specifically for this title is definitely not needed. The RPG board could do with being more strict in keeping KH discussions to certain threads, though.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Angelwing: it will die down.

I take it you've never seen [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=10285]this thread.[/url] It's only four months old and it has more posts than half the boards got.

Posted by Fate

We'll make a Final Fantasy board when that game comes out, too! :cookie:

Posted by sabre

Yes, but just for while new members are coming in.

Also, don't mod Velvet Nightmare to it. Not only did he supposedly just leave, but I really don't think he's mod material. At the very least put it to a poll.

Posted by Klarth

Sean Fury seems more qualified (ie; is more of a fanboy).

However, we all know he doesn't have a chance in hell *oscar*

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I voted Yes, but blindly.

However, Dexter's right, this will all pass in time. In fact, it already has, kinda. The guests/members in that board have gone from about 30-40 at one time to 10-20 at one time.

Even though there are a lot of KH2 threads, not many of them last long, so that's not really a problem. The only problem is the KH2 Secret Ending thread, with all the chatting going on in there at one time, so it's being treated like a chatroom. A KH board isn't gonna fix that though. In fact, it'll probably make it worse, and in about a month's time, the board will be dead, but Jesse wont delete it. It'll be just like most of the game series forums we don't need.

The best thing to do is just wait for this to pass. So therefore, I change my vote to no.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Linkman]The guests/members in that board have gone from about 30-40 at one time to 10-20 at one time.
Actually, I saw 35 in there at lunchtime.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Jesse Smith: I take it you've never seen [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=10285]this thread.[/url] It's only four months old and it has more posts than half the boards got.

Of course I've seen it. Did you notice that the first page and a half of posts are from awhile ago, and only recently has it become insanely congested because of the game's actual release? Of course it's going to end sometime. Just give it a month or two.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Linkman: The best thing to do is just wait for this to pass.

What? Surely the best thing to do is capitalise on it while it lasts and get some fresh blood in here. You yourself were saying over AIM that you wanted new members, so even if it's only temporary, surely it's a good idea to encourage them to stay. If it doesn't work, or when the influx stops, that's cool, we can lock the board to new posts, or delete it and merge it back with the RPG board.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Board's made. If any of you know of threads I missed moving in the RPG, move em over. I just got the threads that have Kingdom Hearts/KH in the title moved over there.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Jesse Smith: The URLs of those threads wouldn't change. So if there all finding KH using the threads, they would still end up at the threads.

Case in point...

Kingdom Hearts (36 Viewing)

35 (6 members & 29 guests)

There having no trouble geting to the threads. If you need proof...

http://www.google.com/search?q=Kingdom+Hearts+II+Secret+Ending

click the first link out of 1,750,000!!!! Or

http://www.google.com/search?q=Kingdom+Hearts+2+Secret+Ending

for #2 out of 3,670,000. The links work!!!! :D

Posted by Ant

Might want to make someone a mod of that section sometime soon.

Posted by Alastor

Indeed.

Nominees... uh, Xenos, maybe?

Posted by Xenos

I'd say either me or Velvet Nightmare--mainly 'cause he's an expert on the game. I don't know about any modding skills of his, so yar. SF is an expert on KH too, but I ... 'don't know' about his skills and I know he will lose a poll for sure. :)

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Just give it to Xenos, no poll needed. Don't need to get a new mod for a board that'll basically be dead in a month or 2.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: no poll needed.

Bad mod, bad!!! :D

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Hey, you gave me my first mod job (Introduction Board) without a poll. ;)

Posted by Jesse Smith

That was back when I was naughty!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Xenos

Whatever, just hurry it up!

Posted by Jesse Smith

*Still waiting for that poll!!!* :D