What's so special about Kingdom Hearts?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Keep in mind I'm looking for explanation. Not a flurry of flaming because I don't like this one, overrated game. Here's the question, "Why?" Why is this game so good? I played it and it was terrible.

Five minutes into the game they create a Final Fantasy X time paradox, and then throw in a Final Fantasy VIII character. Hm.

But, I get to fight alongside Goofy and Donald. Awesome.

Final Fantasy + Disney = wtf?

The fighting system is mediocre. But you fight with a key! A keyblade. A key that is a blade. This adds whole new dimensions to the killing, right?

I quit this game pretty early, so I don't know much of the story. I tried as hard as I could to get this game out of my head, it's a waste of memory. But back to the point, I doubt the story progressing could save this game. Highly.

Oh, and keep in mind this thread has nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts 2. I haven't played that one - I don't plan on playing it. I'm just suprised they were able to make a sequeal. Please don't talk about how much better the second is, I don't care.

Posted by Linko_16

If you didn't like the battle system, then you're pretty much not going to like the game at all. It's a very unique one. I liked it a lot and I'm sure a lot of other fans did as well, which explains our love for the game.

As for the Final Fantasy/Disney stuff, that was pretty much all fanservice. It's not meant to fit in with the normal stories.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

The battle system was fine, but the camera is terrible. The game is horribly overhyped, but it's still decent. I haven't completed the first title, but once I do, I plan on picking up the second.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, I didn't realize how bad the camera in the original was until I played the sequel. Trust me, it gets better when the let you move it up and down.

Posted by Xenos

It's alright--I find it charming and nostalgic. FF and Disney were pretty much a fair part of my childhood, playing a game of it really does bring back good memories. As far as the actual game itself, sometimes it can be corny, but it's good enough.

Posted by GameMiestro

What's so special? Disney and Final Fantasy characters are mixed. That's all it needs. It's popular because of its creative battle system and ultra-complicated storyline.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=GameMiestro]It's popular because Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall and all their bland, typecast friends have starring roles.
Fixed.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Exactly. The game would fall flat on its a[COLOR="White"]s[/COLOR]s without Final Fantasy to back it up. Sure it has a good storyline, and the first game had a cool battle-system, but people bought it for the FFVII crap. I know I did anyways.

Posted by ShiroiHikari

honestly... i bought it because i love Square's work... And I did know Disney had no creative control! (im ****ed at disney as of recently) I decided to play it.. And its true, the battle system got kind of repetitive... but it was never that bad, and the storyline got me going! but trust me! in Kingdom Hearts 2... EVERYTHING got so much better...

Funny, I completely disagree. I thought everything, other than the fanservice, got worse.

Posted by ShiroiHikari

i was extremely intrigued by the story! :D... many people can vouch for that :p

Yeah, the story was KHII's only saving grace. And the only reason I cared to complete the game.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Yeah, I admit it was a decent game. It's just not my game I guess. But it is way overhyped...

Posted by Wally The Weird

Here, is what I thought and stuff.
First, when I heard that it was a Disney/Square work, the first words out of my mouth, were probably the same as most other people.
"What the flying dutchman?!"

When I played the game, I was impressed. Yeah, the camera left something to be desired, but I liked that it was heavy Square, but Final Fantasy is not an extreme factor in it. Don't get me wrong, it was essential, but not extremeley used.
I personally thought the battle system was fine, and even better in KH2.
And the story was one of the best I have played for good long time.
The only thing I hated about KH1, was the lack of Quina, or any other FF9 characters.

And the keyblade was also awesome.

And Goofy pwns. There, I said it.

Posted by GameMiestro

I would have played Chain of Memories even if it didn't have any Final Fantasy characters... even though the environment can be sometimes annoying (oh no! you need a level zero blue card to continue!), it's still a high quality game with some of the best graphics I've ever seen on the GBA. Just my opinion...

Uhhh, actually I think Leon was in KH COM. True, I barely ever played it at all.
I didn't like the battle system personally. As for the graphics, they were mediocre at best.......Compaired to a playstation anyway! For GBA those graphics were INSANE!

Posted by RollinStones21

I never played COM, I never liked it when a sequel of a platform game would come out on a handheld. Anyway, the first one WAS pretty corney at times, but the second one I thought was alot better. And maybe if you had stopped for a little bit to finish the first one, you might of actually liked the series. I've liked all the games ive played so far, and you nkow why?

Ive never given up on any of them, despite their appearances. When Zelda, Ocarina of time cam e out, i thought it was the gayest game ever, once i watched my dad beat it, I got hooked, and still am, on the series. Kingdom Hearts is the same way.

About the camera, Super Mario 64 had a ****ty camera system too, but the game was still one of the best games in history.

Quoted post: I never played COM, I never liked it when a sequel of a platform game would come out on a handheld.

Not really a sequel. It's what Clones Wars was to Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

Yes, Super Mario 64 was truley awesome.
And so is Zelda. BTW, when is Twilight Princess coming out? Or did I miss it? I think I heard it was pushed back.
And yeah, KH1 was corny at times, but I still enjoyed it a lot. However, I think I prefer KH2's fire spell over KH1.

Posted by Ant

They just replaced the fire spell that was in Kindom Hearts II with Bilzard, for some reason. And what bilzard was in KHI became fire in KHII. :$

Posted by Arcadios

hi

Posted by XxLionheartXx

the game is just plain awesome one of the best ever!

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting GoldenMyr:
The fighting system is mediocre. But you fight with a key! A keyblade. A key that is a blade. This adds whole new dimensions to the killing, right?

I quit this game pretty early, so I don't know much of the story. I tried as hard as I could to get this game out of my head, it's a waste of memory. But back to the point, I doubt the story progressing could save this game. Highly.

I thought the battle system was pretty unique.

I also thought the beginning of KH1 was one of the funnest parts. Then again, the beginning is mostly what I played. Besides Sephiroth and such.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

I think this topic is pretty much covered, but Xenos said it best and I completely agree.

Quoting Xenos: It's alright--I find it charming and nostalgic. FF and Disney were pretty much a fair part of my childhood, playing a game of it really does bring back good memories. As far as the actual game itself, sometimes it can be corny, but it's good enough.

And I thought the battle system worked very well, I didn't find it all that difficult to play, but I did think the entire spell system was worthless in the first game (KHII fixed that).

The idea of a keyblade seems rather...chilidish and poorly thought out, but I got used to the concept, and I found it rather charming when it gets worked into the whole storyline/plot thing.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, the story was KHII's only saving grace. And the only reason I cared to complete the game.

Same for me, plus the interest to complete my Drives and stuff. I don't know if I've already said it here, but if there's one thing I really didn't like about Kingdom Hearts II, it was that it's basically fighting inbetween cutscenes... no puzzles or special objectives or anything.

They didn't just switch blizzard and fire. They probably changed it because they were too similar. Yeah, what used to be fire is now blizzard, but fire spins around you instead of spreading like blizzard did.

Also, if you disregarded the magic system in the last game, you were missing out. Fire, Blizzard and Thunder may have grown a bit outdated, but Gravity became very useful against the right enemies. I do agree, however, that magic is cooler in KHII.

Look, the story was not it's only saving grace.
Basically, all it comes down to, is opinion. There is no bad game out there, because someone WILL think it's good, and someone else WILL think it is bad. However, there are always flaws.
KH2 magic was FAR superior to KH1. Seriously, I go through nobodies INSANLEY fast using exsclusivley magic spells in final. Even faster then I do hacking and slashing with a keyblade.

And I don't care what anyone else says, I liked wisdom form. You just have to know how to use it properly.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Wow, thanks Sean the Wicked. "I'm NOT surprised you can't spell sequel." Derepping me because I didn't spell one word right? And why does that not surprise you? Because I don't like Kingdom Hearts?

So this is what you're saying: Kindgom Hearts fans can spell better than non-fans? Because, that seems to be exactly what you were suggesting. I'd like to see your research on this topic. Other than me spelling one word wrong of course.

Quoting GoldenMyr: Wow, thanks Sean the Wicked. "I'm NOT surprised you can't spell sequel." Derepping me because I didn't spell one word right? And why does that not surprise you? Because I don't like Kingdom Hearts?

So this is what you're saying: Kindgom Hearts fans can spell better than non-fans? Because, that seems to be exactly what you were suggesting. I'd like to see your research on this topic. Other than me spelling one word wrong of course.

No, I derep you because you're a n00b who cares about rep and what other people think of them. You can't spell sequel because you're an inadequte waste of messageboard space and you can't spell sequel because you like bashing popular video games because you think that makes you cool.

Fail.

Posted by DeathEdge

KH1 started out kidna like wtf? i mean the beginning of the game i thought was really gay, the racing riku thing. ok ok. so basicly... kh1 was like ok for most of the game: some corny parts, like at the end of some worlds when he is all talking about hearts and friends and ****. the worlds were somtimes cool to save, because the fighting was fun. Traverse town was pretty cool to explore, because

but then bam hollow bastion! i know its like atleast 70% thru the game, but hollow bastion hooked me to KH. If u havent gotten to hollow bastion, you have not played kh1 in my opinion.

but there is a lot of improvements in kh2:
-sora is older and less dorky,
-the drive modes are actualy pretty fun,
-the enemies are cooler,
-the story is more interesting,
-way more cutscenes,
-a lot more fighting too..
-the game is A LOT more straight forward with what you have to do. you remember all those puzzles in KH1... ya not there in kh2. basicly in kh2, your next objective is highilighted in bright red. so the game moves along a lot faster.

in my opinion these are the draw backs to kh

KH1:
-somtimes too childish,
-sora's clothes
-not enough FF,
-not any FF worlds,
-the worlds usually follow the story of their theme exaclty almost,
-no dual weilding

KH2:
-less free..
-somtimes its feels like a repetetive grind of Cinematic-fight-Cinematic-fight-Cinematic-fight-
-no traverse town,
-hollow bastion's music was screwed a little,

-Atlantica ins kh2 was seriously: "what the gay?"
and a major fail on the game makers part.

in the end i think they are both good games, with failures and successes in different areas. i think that kh2 is an overall better game though, and would appeal better to an older player than kh1. just dont go to atlantica.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Oh yeah. Because if I wanted to be cool I'd "bash" what everyone else liked. That's logic. I didn't make fun of Kingdom Hearts, I shared why I didn't like it. Kingdom Hearts, in my opinion, is extremely overrated.

And yeah, a different opinion IS a waste of forum space. Besides, the point of a forum IS so everyone can share the same opinion, constantly echoing each other. Why have your own opinion? Yeah, you're right, a forum is much better filled with fanboys who derep anyone who doesn't like their precious game.

Also, I really don't care about one person derepping me. I don't care about my rep, because it affects nothing. I simply asked why you derepped me. And then you come back with "because you're a n00b who cares about rep". One question; how could you derep me because "I care about rep" before you knew if I even cared?

Both games are good in my opinion. There is no such thing as a wrong opinion, just stupid ideas. Like a certain religeon, but I will not say which one or why, because I do not want to offend anyone in particular.

Yeah, sora was a bit dorky in KH1, which was it's main flaw. This however, is why I liked KH2 so much, because you get new cloathing and a deeper voice. lmao, I did think sora looked pretty funny when he stepped out of his pod though.

Now, as far as Atlantica, yeah, it suckd in KH2, there is no denying that. It was a great place for combat, sure it was a little difficult sometimes cause the camera would screw you over, but it was still a great 3-d battle area.

On a side note however, please refraine from using gay as a derogatory meaning. People should not be bashed because of their sexual oreintation. Personaly, I am not, but a good freind of mine is, and I am offended by it.
-------------------------------------------------------------
On another side note; Sarcasm is considerably less effective when typed.

Posted by DeathEdge

i really dont want to start about words and meanings man, i mean i could go way off topic with this, but ill just try to end it by saying that what i said was in no way intended to be meant as homosexual. And i have nothing against people that are homosexual.

S'coo man, just refrain from using the word gay like that. Cause I can only think of two definitions, Happy, and homosexual.

Again though, Death, s'coo.
Also, Death, do you play WoW?

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, you really shouldn't be using the word "gay" like that, whether you're here or anywhere else. We can tell you're not trying to be mean to homosexuals, but still, there are other words to use that don't take an entire portion of the human race and say that their existance is synonymus with insult.

Quoting DeathEdge: the game is A LOT more straight forward with what you have to do. you remember all those puzzles in KH1... ya not there in kh2. basicly in kh2, your next objective is highilighted in bright red. so the game moves along a lot faster.

Like I mentioned, this is actually what I didn't like about the game... I know you mentioned later that it got to you, too, but my point is that even if the puzzles and unusual objectives could be confusing in KH1, going without them completely was far worse.

I also have no real complaints about Atlantica. Yeah, pretty much all of the songs that they didn't take right from the movie all sucked, but the game itself was a nice break from the fight/cutscene monotony.

Quoted post: it was that it's basically fighting inbetween cutscenes... no puzzles or special objectives or anything.

Agreed. And the problem with that, which I usually wouldn't have a problem with, is the fact that the fighting was so... bad. They really dumbed it down, I felt. I don't have a problem with them appealing to a younger audience, but when the gameplay suffers due to it, I feel really ripped-off.

Quoted post:
Basically, all it comes down to, is opinion. There is no bad game out there, because someone WILL think it's good, and someone else WILL think it is bad. However, there are always flaws.
KH2 magic was FAR superior to KH1. Seriously, I go through nobodies INSANLEY fast using exsclusivley magic spells in final. Even faster then I do hacking and slashing with a keyblade.

The first part is completely bul[COLOR="White"]lsh[/COLOR]it. There are games out there that are just so bad that no one likes them. Of course, KHII isn't one of them, but it definitely wasn't great in my opinion. Maybe because I expected it to be better than the first with all of the hype surrounding it, I don't know. But it just wasn't good. The levels were terrible, the gameplay felt weak and most of it unnecessary, it all felt horribly repetitive and drawn-out, and the fanservice was ridiculous. I didn't mind the "zomg final fantasy!!!" in KHI, probably because it wasn't so in your face. But in KHII, it seemed to be such a huge factor, when really, it should just be left to background instances and whatnot.

But whatever. You're right, it's all subjective.

Posted by RipxDark

What makes a good game to you is somewhat opinionated, it's not ALL opinion there are other reason why some people like a game (graphics, gameplay, story, etc.)

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting RipxDark: What makes a good game to you is somewhat opinionated, it's not ALL opinion there are other reason why some people like a game (graphics, gameplay, story, etc.)

You like Graphics out of opinion, You like gameplay out of opinion, and you like a story out of your opinion.

Which is exactly my point. If you look, you will find people who love a game without question to the ends of the earth. I can't say I liked KHII THAT much, but I did love the game. Then, you will get people who despise the game above al things because os such and such a reason. I personally disagree with them, but they are very much entitled to their opinion.

Of course, I'm sure, somewhere out there (Going against my previous statement, I know) there is a game SO awful, the creaters themselves even hate it.

All a matter of opinion.

Posted by FriendOrFoe18

well yea khI WAS CORNY because of camera angle but... me and my sister enjoyed it

Posted by FriendOrFoe18

but kh1 got my undivided attention but was kinda stupid in the beginnin

Posted by DeathEdge

meh, KH2 woulda been way better if they would left the combat system alone, for the most part, i mean sure maybe like a 1 time Reaction command, like halfway ro at the end of a boss that did a really sick looking move would be cool, but some bosses you could just pwn using reaction commands alone, and some of them you had to.... that i thought was weak.

the mana system i adjusted to....

drives were pretty awsome.

oh ya, i forgot 1 MAJOR COMPLAINT: where the hell did Ars arcanum, sonic blade, and strike raid go? i mean those were some awsome moves... i want em back...

but in the end, the levels needed more complexity, and puzzles just so i could spend more than 15 seconds in a room.. i hated that kill the heartless and go to the cutscene feeling. why couldnt i have gone threw like.. 5 rooms to the next cutscene? like in kh1... and i want my special moves bakc for sure!@

why did a lot of worlds only have liek 4-5 rooms? i want levels that are complex like tarzan, alice in wonder land..

well im done. i love both games the end.

Posted by Tysis

Quoting GoldenMyr: Keep in mind I'm looking for explanation. Not a flurry of flaming because I don't like this one, overrated game. Here's the question, "Why?" Why is this game so good? I played it and it was terrible.

Five minutes into the game they create a Final Fantasy X time paradox, and then throw in a Final Fantasy VIII character. Hm.

But, I get to fight alongside Goofy and Donald. Awesome.

Final Fantasy + Disney = wtf?

Oh, and keep in mind this thread has nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts 2. I haven't played that one - I don't plan on playing it. I'm just suprised they were able to make a sequeal. Please don't talk about how much better the second is, I don't care.

Well you see there is a very long and complex answer to this wonderful question you asked. I like to think there are three groups of people who play games:

The first group of people take one look at the game and upon finding Disney characters, they set it back on the shelf, thinking: "Disney, I'm too insecure about myself to even consider walking up to the register with this."

The next group of people actually rent/buy the game and start to play it. They need complex, long, and sometimes pointless battle systems or tactics. They return it or sell it the next chance they get.

The last group of people, who actually don't mind opening their minds up, think outside the box. They look at Kingdom Hearts and say: "Wow. They took two completely different things and made them seem the same. And on top of that, made it into such a good story and overall feeling that websites actually make whole forums for it. Congrats."

You see? As long as you have a good imagination and aren't vulnerable to games who know theyre good enough to include Disney characters and still be awesome, then you're fine and fall into category three.

Personally, I think that the fighting system on all the Final Fantasy games is stupid. "Alright guys, let's line up into two rows and take turns hitting each other, that way it will be very realistic." The only reason I play them is for the very imaginative and creative stories that Square comes up with and not to mention the feeling you get while playing them. Kingdom Hearts gives me that same feeling, and like Xenos said, brings back fun childhood memories on top of it all.

Bottom Line, I think that Kingdom Hearts is an excellent game that provides players with a fun, diverse game that still creates within us a since of innocence of Heart, and fighting for it, whatever it takes.

Posted by keyartist

My brother says the same thing, a key as a weapon.If you look at it it is a sword and some times an ax.the kingdom key, looks like a blunt weapon or an ax. But it is a real deep game and 5 min. is not deep.play for one hour and you will see.

Posted by Tysis

Whenever you cut through heartless, it doesn't have to be sharp. its the heart-power of the keyblade that sort of "disentigrates" the heartless. and actually there are sharp keyblades in the game.

Posted by Inferno

Personally, I was a little dissapointed with the execution of KHII. I really didn't feel that compelled to even finish the game at some points. It got really tedious really fast. Every level is basically the same with a different disney mask to cover it up and a useless minigame thrown here and there. Seriously, you go through a couple rooms, beat up heartless, grab chests that are right out in front of your face ( what the hell is up with that anyway ), beat boss, repeat. I ran through the second half of the game just to get to the point where I could do extra things. There are hardly any big plot twists and the only reason you have to keep on playing is because you don't know any details about anything. And even then, things don't get explained until the end where the middle is filled with "Oh gawrsh look, Organization XIII, they're bad right?

The battle system was the only thing I really appreciated because although it was a little shallow, it was just fun for some reason. Combos are fluent and fun to watch and reaction commands and drives are just awesome. The only reason I consider the battle system shallow is because you can just go through everything and mash X to win, but where's the fun in that.

I would have definitely appreciated more items to synth as well. 50 materials and only 50 things to create, half of which are upgrades. What's up with that? But then again, the whole item concept of KH is very basic.

Overall, it was an alright game with a good story line concept. I was just let down with how boring the game really is. I guess I wish it was a little more in depth.

Posted by Silver Dragon

Quoting Vampiro: Exactly. The game would fall flat on its a[COLOR="White"]s[/COLOR]s without Final Fantasy to back it up. Sure it has a good storyline, and the first game had a cool battle-system, but people bought it for the FFVII crap. I know I did anyways.

no one bought it for that, dont talk unless you know what your talkin about, and frankly i didnt even kno ff was gonna be in it when i bought it

I didn't even know Cloud or Sephiroth would be involved in the game when I first got it, all I knew was that it was Square working with Disney, and with two companies I love, how could I go wrong?

Posted by Burning Inferno

Yeah the first time I saw Cloud in the game I was in shock cuz he looked awesome as hell, and when I saw I had to fight Sephiroth I was like ......oh noo......

Posted by Xmas

Hmm, why did I fall in love with KH? I honestly can't say I was all over it when my friends were constantly singing 'Simple and Clean' but later on I just fell in love with the complex storyline! The whole Disney thing was completely random at first but, as people have said, I think it's just for the fandom. :D I haven't played a single Final Fantasy game in my life :( but I do hope I can soon. It's just that, besides the story, I really got into the battling system instead of what Final Fantasy provides. Plus, I love the graphics! :D

Posted by Oblivion_Wielder

my advice play the second (much better i cant play the first anymore cus of camera!)

Posted by Roxas23857

It's only about the coolest game ever. My friend use to make fun of me for playing it then I had him try it and he likes it a lot!

Posted by Hero'sCrest

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][/COLOR][/FONT]The game was great, the reason you didn't like it is probally because you didn't finish it. The battle system is unique and quiet interesting, the array of enemies is also cool. I think the keyblade looks very different but it's something no one else would think of, especially the upgradable look and power of it. The different character, coming from Disney and Final Fantasy alike is what made the game fun to play. I agree that without the Final Fantasy characters it probally wouldn't be as appealing. But I enjoyed it and you should beat it, buy the sequel, and beat it. Hopefully there will be a third one...

Quoted post: The game was great, the reason you didn't like it is probally because you didn't finish it.

I beat it and I didn't enjoy it. logic implodes!

Posted by princess_of_hearts15

anyone who doesn't like kingdom hearts is completely insane and thats all there is to it!

Posted by Kingdomkeys

when the 1st one came out i didnt get it, but my friend said to get it and that it was awsome so i did and fell in love. (now my sis cant get on the ps2 any more)

Posted by Roxas Lover

I loved all the three of the games.
But everyone has a different opinnon.

Posted by Kingdomkeys

[COLOR=sienna]i personaly did not like the one on gameboy (forgot name) [/COLOR]

Posted by SmileInYourSleep

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]It was okay...Just 'okay' though. Nothing special about it. The ending was actually the only good part, to me it was the kind of game I play once and forget about.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Roxas Lover

Quoting Kingdomkeys: [COLOR=sienna]i personaly did not like the one on gameboy (forgot name) [/COLOR]

It was Chain of Memories.I would have liked it to be on the PS2 but the gamboy's fine.

Posted by Tysis

The only part I really liked about COM was Riku's story. Getting to play as my favorite character was amazing, even if it was only 2d. Don't get me wrong, the main story was good too, but it just seemed tedious going back to places I've already been. But then again, I guess we do that in KH2 right? But at least that doesn't have 2d graphics and cards that determine your moves.

Posted by Forbidden Toast

It appeals to more the kid in me, and is a good escape for my shooting and much cooler platform/RPG games on occasion. Not to mention the voice acting is really good, IMHO. I wouldn't call myself obsessed with it though, it really depends on the kind of thing your into. I grew up around Disney, and being able to explore the older Disney movies from my childhood is fun. (i'm more a fan of classic disney, not the new trash they've been coming up with lately, excluding pixar)

Posted by Kestryl

I loved Disney before hand. I knew little about Final Fantasy at this point; Kingdom Hearts actually led me to Final Fantasy versus the other way around.

Kingdom Hearts was also my first real game on a PS system. Or any system, really, besides Game Boy. So it's special to me.

At the time I got into it, I believe I was 13 or 14. So it was just right for me. I wasn't a kid, or an adult. I was just inbetween.

Kingdom Hearts is just one of those things you have to feel. I lucked out, and came in at a good age group (though I think anyone can play it). Just the right generation, I guess.

Posted by keyartist

Yeah kh can appeal to everyone and it does realy teach bad values.

Posted by Ayu

I loved the games but sometimes it got a little weird having one of the ff characters hang around with one of the disney characters...

Posted by Kingdomkeys

i thought it was kool how they fused diseny with ff [IMG]http://vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG] well, thats just my opion

Posted by Arcadios

When I recently went back and Played the first Kingdom Hearts, the battle system was pretty slow compared to Kingdom Hearts 2 since the drive forms sped things up and made the fighting more intresting.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I am one of the few wo picked up KH for the Disney characters (Beast, FTW!).

I liked the games, yes. But overrated? By a few miles. The real main attraction to the games was the Final Fantasy (mostly 7 [Cecil and Kain were not included because they would have kicked Sora's ***, and taken down the heartless wit just a glare :) ]) group of characters. And yes, while the first one seemed to be plagued with camera issues, I still found it to be quite a bit more enjoyable than it's sequel. The fanservice is what did it for me, just a bit too much of it, you know? And it was a bit too much action, I miss the puzzles and what not.

I'm not quite sure where I had intended on going with my post, and the point I had in mind is lost. But, whatever.

Posted by Roxas23857

I think that both games were awsome but Kingdom Hearts 2 was way cooler because they made it to where everyone would like it that is why it's so special.

Posted by NeXidala

yah it depends what type of games you like but i luv KHI and KHII so yea... but it was so kick *** wen leon and cloud were fighting the heartless!

Posted by Kingdomkeys

may be kh is not for evreyone but as for me i love the games!!![IMG]http://www.vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG]