I think we better skip the May Fools Day stuff!!!!

Posted by Jesse Smith

I think it might be a good idea to skip the May Fools Day stuff!!!! :( With all these new members joining, the last thing I want to do is scare them all off. There increasing activity big time... :)

New members.

If you look at the first two pages of...

http://www.vgchat.com/memberlist.php?&order=desc&sort=joindate&pp=50&page=1

vs page 3 and 4, you'll notice these new members are way more active, with seven members for example with over 100 posts on the first two pages vs none on the next two pages (Until Silver Dragon moves to page 3)!!!!

With summer in about a month it'll probably increase even more. (One more reason to get two new Super Mods.)

Posted by Dexter

Makes me miss that various statistics page we used to have.

I don't know. It seems as though there's a fairly large amount of members who are looking forward to the entire April Fool's thing, but that kind of takes the point away from it because then you won't be able to annoy them. I think you'd annoy them more by skipping it, which works for many, including yourself. I don't care if you skip it. It's amusing to observe for about 2 minutes, but after that I leave and only come back to see if it has gone away yet.

TAKE THE MONEY, JESSE!

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I don't believe what I'm reading..

But I'll take it. :cool:

Posted by Hyper

wow you really would annoy me if you skipped out on it :( I just realized how painstakingly agonizing the wait is :( but yeah, I say it's a good idea. it's for the good of the boards.

I'm thinking september fools? :D:D:D by then, school will be starting and activity will decrease :D:D:D

Posted by Jesse Smith

Of course now I wish I had done this on April 1st, before the boards got bombed with the KH members!!!

Posted by Klarth

Although it might hurt VGC if you do it, you'll hurt us if you don't. :(

Maybe wait 'til June?

Posted by sabre

I agree with Jesse, just skip it this year. AFD is amusing for about a minute or two, and it's definitely not worth risking potential members for the sake of a little bit of silliness. Just do something totally whacked out at christmas or something instead - catch everyone by surprise.