Harvest Moon: Magical Melody

Posted by Colonel

I've wanted to create a thread talking about the pros and cons of Harvest Moon MM ever since i got it. I want to hear some opinions on the game, and mabye hear a tip come in here or there. I also want to know what place you picked to live, and the most effective way YOU make money.

Posted by Zeta

Current status
-Year 2, Winter.
-75 notes.
-2 cows, 2 chickens, a sheep, and a horse.
-About 50,000G
-Married to Dia, w/ a kid.
-All tools at Gold level, except Fishing Rod.

I started with the river property, but now my Lv5 house, Lv2 barn, and chicken coop are to the southeast of the Blue Sky Ranch. I now use the river property for crops. I spend winter in Sub-level 50 of the Lake Cave, gathering Diamonds.

Posted by coromoro

I have only just begun playing this game, but I like it a lot so far! I like this game better than Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. :)

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I had no idea this was out yet. I may pick it up later on today, although I may just wait until I can find a used copy, or the price drops. Regardless, I'll get it eventually, as I thoroughly enjoy the HM series.

Posted by poisonblood

I like the game because it has an animal crossing like feel to it were you can decorate the inside of your house the way you like,and the look of the game is also simmilar to that of animal crossing . Another aspect of the game that I like is that there is a large selection of people to choose from when it comes to who you are going to marry.I chose to live by the sea. after the seed place sterted to sell fertilizer I covered my entire property with it.The fertilizer helps alot when it comes to beating Jamie and you also really rake in the cash when your land is fertile.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Looks nothing like Animal Crossing, actually.

I picked this up today and I suppose I'm enjoying it so far. The story part is incredibly cheesy, but I enjoy running a farm that's been added more than the previous HM's.

Posted by Colonel

Whats the best way to make money, and what does Gwen like?

Posted by Zeta

Gwen likes carrots, and as for cash-making.

Spring: Grow breadfruit.
Summer: Grow eggplants.
Fall: I don't remember what the most profitable crop is. =/ Maybe eggplants were the fall crop.
Winter: Get to level 50 of the Lake Cave. The rocks on that floor contain nothing but Diamonds, which ship for a nice 500 gold each.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Zeta: Get to level 50 of the Lake Cave. The rocks on that floor contain nothing but Diamonds, which ship for a nice 500 gold each.

alright but i cant get to that low of a level without passing out, oh and also is there a basket in this game like in the original?

EDIT: right now for money, im going to the island, fishing out red snapper, cooking it in the oven with a herb and selling them for 330 G

Posted by Techno-Destructo

I'v also been thinking about buying this game, there only seems to be pros in this topic is there any cons to this? And can you tell me, us, just how it is genearly(SP) So I can see if it'd be a game I'd be intrested in.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting .hack//: alright but i cant get to that low of a level without passing out, oh and also is there a basket in this game like in the original?

Whoa shi- I'm pretty sure you can get to Lv.50 without Power Berries. Just use the cracks to get as close to 50 as possible. Don't bother breaking rocks unless they're in your way of a crack. When you're near 50, use the Hoe to uncover staircases 'til you get to Lv.50.

There's a glitch in the caves that make it easier to see where the stairs are hidden. Check GameFAQs' Cheats & Codes section for HV: MM.

And there's no basket.

BTW, out of curiosity, which girl is your favorite?
[quote=Techno-Destructo]I'v also been thinking about buying this game, there only seems to be pros in this topic is there any cons to this? And can you tell me, us, just how it is genearly(SP) So I can see if it'd be a game I'd be intrested in.

Well, the only con that came to mind for me was how mad the caves made me. Now that I know that glitch though, they're no problem. I'd get it if you're a HM fan. If not, go read some reviews before you decide whether to get it or not.

Edit: This might be one of my longest posts ever.

Posted by Colonel

My favorite girl is Dia, but im going after Elle because im too lazy to get all the hard crud for Dia.

Posted by Zeta

It's only 30 herbs and a heart on Alex. That isn't that hard. T_T

Just buy some herb seeds from Liz, and grow & ship those. As for getting the heart on Alex, he likes Toadstools (The purple mushrooms.)

I could make an avatar of Elle/whoever similar to mine, if you want. =3

Posted by Colonel

alright that would be great. Elle please. BTW doesn't Dia like things that are hard to get.

EDIT: Must spread some reputation around before giving it to Zeta again :(

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, Dia likes the harder to get things. Blueberries, Blueberry Jam, Emeralds, Emerald Brooches, Emerald Rings, Strawberries, Moondrop Flowers, and that kind of stuff.

Blueberries can be found in the mountains during summer.
Moondrop Flowers can be found in the mountains in spring. You can also grow them.
You can buy Strawberry seeds after you ship 50 cabbages.
Emeralds are found in the Lake Cave, primarily the 35th floor.

Posted by Colonel

I have a question, is there a differance between Elle and Ellen, because on [url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url] it says Elle comes on Summer 2 when the cafe opens up.

EDIT: Du'h its EVE not Elle im an Idiot

Posted by Zeta

Lol, that's [url=http://www.hmotaku.net/gamesdata/poh/images/eve.gif]Eve[/url].

And I PMed you that avatar.

Posted by Colonel

Yes im finally getting the hang of this game. I'm going to marry Eve she has 2 hearts, and i find it weird that all of the animals in the game love me but none of the towns people do besides Ray, and Eve

Posted by poisonblood

Thats because you are not giving the right gifts. or your not giving any at all.

Posted by maxis1125220

How do you get the 3rd house extenshin. e-mail me at [email]gusrules@comcast.nei[/email]

sorry its [email]gusrules@comcast.net[/email]

Posted by Colonel

To extend your house to a third level befriend Woody with at least 1 heart. I don't feel like E-mailing you.

EDIT your posts instead of double posting like that.

Posted by Red

I'd just like to say that Jamie is a girl it doesn't matter who you picked or what Gender she accually is, She looks like a girl. this bothers me alot

Posted by Colonel

i know, you stated this many times when i got it at my Birthday.

Posted by Zeta

Jamie is a hermaphrodite.

It's a fact. Look it up.

Posted by Forbidden Toast

I think I'm almost at the end of year 1 right now and I'm married to Blue. I havn't been playing too long, though ^_^;;; I'm playing Another Wonderful Life and like, 10 other games at the same time XD

I really like the game because this was the first one I didn't have to spend another 20-40 dollars to get ANOTHER version for girls when it came out xD Money saver because it's two in one! I think the gameplay is really good. I think my favorite graphics were in Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland, though (even though I didn't care for that game, I did like the graphics)

Like said, Jamie is both a girl and a boy, it depends on what gender role YOU are playing.