~ SQUARE-ENIX Forums (Chat, Info, Reviews, ect.)

Posted by Cruxis

**********************ANNOUNCMENT************************

FINAL FANTASY: ADVENT CHILDREN
HAS FINALLY ARRIVED!!!! & IT'S A HD-DVD!

Hey has anyone Gotten there hands on the NEW Release of (FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children)?
I went out to my Local (EB Games) Store at around 12:00pm Monday Night (A hour before it's U.S. release),
and I'm Proud to say that It (The DVD Ver.) is actually one of the First High-Definition DVD's To be Marketed here in the U.S.!
That Also Explain's Why The Movie Retails For around 25 Bucks!!! But Hey, That's The Price You Pay to See the Prettiest
Dang, Movie You have ever seen(..Unless you're Japaness, then you've propably had HD-DVD'S for a year now, which means I hate you!-
...or at least envy you're strange yet fasinating Techno-Culture on it's ability to actually Deliver a product on time!).

So To all you FFVII Fans Out There, I recommend you Puchase you're Copy Now and Experiance The Most Revolutionary CG
in the History of Cinema (or gaming for that Matter). All The While Ooohing! & Awwhhhing over the Crisp HD-Picture and
Lighting-Fast Frame-Rates...and for you few, unfortunate Souls whom don't own an HDTV or a lesser DTV,
You can still watch you're HD-DVD copy of FFVII:AC on you're standard DVD Player or PS2,
but don't expect It to have the same effect on you, as if you had watched it on a Pricer HDTV.

And too all of you whom don't like, or have never cared to try FFVII (PS1), I Still recommend you purchase this DVD or at least Rent it,
Because Contrary to the game this movie is Hailed by Cridic as possibaly the Greatest Movie of All TIME! Think The Matrix-on steroids and speed!!!,
It is 2 1/2 hours of Mind-Blowing, Super-Human DBGT Style Fighting, alot of destruction and a few sceens that almost make the Mairlin Masion Esq- Version of Hit Song "One Winged Angel" Actually Bring a tear to you're eyes!?

"I Would Like to make it Clear that FINAL FANTASY: ADVENT CHILDREN is now MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME!.

----------------------------------Info-------------------------------------

TItle: FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN
Released: 4/24/06 (U.S.)
Format: High-Definition DVD & UMD (PSP Media Disc)
Average Retail: $24.99

Posted by Xenos

Yes, I've watched this, however, I did not like it. :( I've mentioned this before, but I thought the plot was horrible. In a game, that might be passed in return for amazing gameplay/etc., BUT!--in a movie plot is essential. Though, I don't deny the graphics were orgasmic.

Posted by Dexter

I was terribly bored. That end battle lasted way too long for me.

Posted by Linko_16

It was okay.

Tifa's fight rocked.

Posted by Cruxis

Yeah. You pretty much either Absolutly Love it or you Completely despise it.

I believe that the more dedicated fans complain more about the movie as apossed to someone like me(whom DID play it through three times) but actually perfered FFVIII more. So it was much more understandable for me to think "Hey I don't mind the story because it DOES take place 2 1/2 years later! and obviously everyone has changed SO much".

-Because When I think of what they did to Squall in the Kingdom Hearts Series, I just get SO MAD!

But hey! I don't Really think They had enough time to fit all that content into one little movie, So obviously it would seem there was no story, BUT there was! It is just that, what little bit of story that WAS in the movie was actually the VERY,very, very Last peice of story remaining from the fame, so naturally when judging the movie you have to combine the game and movie storie-lines, then judge...and trust me not many people after doing that would say the FFVII story line was bad.

"Let My Moogle Guide You're Way!"

Posted by Cruxis

Hey, Heres a question for everyone.

Knowing what has been done with the FFVII Movie and the spin-off games, Do you or Do you NOT think there should be a Complete Remake of The origonal Final Fantasy VII Game, For PS3?

And if So, What character would you most like to see in it? Would they be any different from there origonal versions? If so what would you like changed?

"Let My Moogle Guide You're Way"

Posted by keyartist

i think that the old ff7 is great..but if they beef the graphics up and only that ..i wouldnt say it will be bad

Posted by Cruxis

Yeah. I agree. I really hope Sephiroth Returns Though! '_'

Posted by keyartist

he will if it is the same same right lets stop jumping forms and stay in one place

Posted by Klarth

I hate FFVII.

The movie sure was pretty, though.

Posted by keyartist

thats ok if you hate it you just didnt get it thats all.i did ive been playing rpgs for 15 years now and i love them. square is doing a great job

Posted by Cruxis

Ok. To be Honest With You I've been playing RPG's & I do Mean Every U.S RPG for every Console to be released since about 1989. SO I've been playing for little more than Seventeen Years! My first RPG was Final Fantasy Legends For Gameboy And I beat it in about two weeks, I was only 4! SO I Know RPG's. And Trust me The Worst Mistake in the history of Developers was the Merger Between SQUARESOFT & ENIX in 2003! SQUARE Lost a lot of there power over the concept of the series and infact most there series's to there ENIX side (which on there own, where respectivly a legendary RPG company). Unfortunatly FFXI & FFXII are True testemnts to that. I truely Beleive that The Final Fantasy's and Kingdom Hearts We Once Knew are slowly becoming a figment of the past, and making way for a more Action-Like Genre( that *** For Dragon-Quest Thought!). Now Namco on the other Hand, now thats a company that seems to still be makeing RPG's the good old fashion way ,Batien Kiatos & Tales of Symphonia are just a few of there master pieces.

Posted by Cruxis

Quoting Linko_16: It was okay.

Tifa's fight rocked.

How about Key-Kids?
-Chris D.

Posted by Cruxis

Does anyone have any new news or info about FInal Fantasy XII?

Posted by Roxas Lover

Hey Chris Day!!!!!!!!!! I am checking out your thread like you asked.

I got the new FFVII movie too.I liked it but I felt it could have been better.I had pre-bought it at gamestop earilier so I could get a third disk,but it had barely anything on it except for interviews with the people who played Cloud,Tifa,and Aerith.Real disappointment.But the previews for the new games coming out looked interesting.

I don't have any info. on FFXII but I bet rpgfan.com might.

Posted by keyartist

I have yet to see the movie. Wow for seventeen years you got me beat by two years.Are you 21? I started when I was 4 also. I could never find the old gameboy final fantasy, but I always wanted to play it.

Posted by Brandon Heat

I am a FFVII fanboy, and AC dissapointed. No amount of fanboyism could have saved it. But I do have to agree about the graphis: purely orgasmic.

Posted by Cruxis

Well Im 20. Boy I can still remember beating my first game (actually 6th..But I was to young to tremember the others), SUper Mario Bros. 3....Boy did that Diepper Rash Hurt!:mad:

*LOL:rolleyes:

Remember That FFVII AC was supossed to connect FFVII with FFVII Dirge of Ceribus, so It had to be kinda short, and as a writer for anime movies, I can vouch that there really was a story to the movie It's just that the game tells SO MUCH that you pretty much can just obviously see whats going on~

ANyway anyone played the FFXII Demo, friend has it and he said SQUARE-ENIX ruined it!?...I'll have to actually play it my self to beleive that though, now all I need to do is get my hands on a copy.

OH and Thankx Roxas Lover!

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Chris Day: And Trust me The Worst Mistake in the history of Developers was the Merger Between SQUARESOFT & ENIX in 2003! SQUARE Lost a lot of there power over the concept of the series and infact most there series's to there ENIX side (which on there own, where respectivly a legendary RPG company). Unfortunatly FFXI & FFXII are True testemnts to that.

Hey, I liked FFXI. I wish I had more time to play.

Anyway, even if it was only kind of so-so to me, I really want to buy Advent Children for myself. I'll have to get around to it soon.