Official Zelda Help Thread

Posted by Alastor

To cut down clutter, please post any gameplay questions in this thread. If you've got other questions, feel free to make a thread if there's not one already made regarding your question, but if you need help playing any of the games, post your questions here.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Alastor: To cut down clutter, please post any gameplay questions in this thread. If you've got other questions, feel free to make a thread if there's not one already made regarding your question, but if you need help playing any of the games, post your questions here.

I agree

Posted by Zeta

I decided to play through Link's Awakening DX. I'm at the part where Marin follows you around. I've gotten two of the three photos that involve her: The one in the well, and the one in front of the Blue Cuckoo's grave. I forgot where the 3rd picture is taken, though. :(

Where is it?

Quoting .hack//: I agree

What a pointless post...

Posted by Sora+Kiari

I'm playing the Legened of Zelda- Wind Waker and i'm supposed to get triforce pieces stranded out in the ocean. I have all the pieces except 1 and it doesnt glow like the others do. What can i do to fix this? And 1 more thing...what is the offical order od the Zelda games?

Posted by Linko_16

[url=http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/zelda_ww_triforce_chart.txt]Here[/url] is a guide that can help you locate whichever Triforce shard you're missing.

Anyway, most Zelda games do not have a specific chronological order to them. It has been stated by Mr. Miyamoto that in almost all Zelda games, each Link is unique. The only time a storyline has been continued has been from Ocarina of Time to Majora's Mask, and from there onto Wind Waker. The relationship between OoT and MM is obvious, and WW in turn is said to take place many years afterward; the legendary hero refered to in WW, for instance, is the Link from OoT and MM.

If you're just talking about the order that the games came out, it was like this:

NES
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Adventure of Link
SNES
The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Game Boy
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Nintendo 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Game Boy Color
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
(released simultaniously)
GameCube
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Game Boy Advance
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Future releases include The Twilight Princess, for both GameCube and Wii, and The Phantom Hourglass for the DS.

Posted by Sora+Kiari

Thank you for ur help but I was asking about the main order of the story. I kno some of the zelda games were just side quests like the minish cap. I always thought the real order of the games was Oot, MM, then Twilight princess. I was just tring to see if Wind waker had any significance to the real story line...which is kinda confusing. Could u or somebody explain the real point of the Zelda series?

Are the zelda series going to end ...like is the legened ever fulfilled? Is the phantom hour-glass a continuation of the story or a side quest?

Posted by Linko_16

Whether or not it's been annonced where Twilight Princess lies in the only continuing Zelda storyline, I don't really know. I've just assumed it's yet another ancestor of OoT/MM's Link who comes to be years after Wind Waker. As for Phantom Hourglass, I have no idea whatsoever. We're probably not going to be sure of anything until the games are actually out.

Posted by Zeta

I think it's been confirmed that TP is between OoT and WW, an PH is a direct sequel to WW.

Posted by Alastor

As Zeta said, it's been confirmed that Phantom Hourglass is the direct sequel to Wind Waker.

As far as Twilight Princess goes, I think the general opinion is that it falls between Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask and Wind Waker, since Hyrule isn't flooded yet, Gannondorf's in it, and other things.

Posted by Red

probably sometime after Majora's mask.

Posted by Alastor

...which is exactly what I said.

Posted by Red

I know I was just saying I agree with you pretty much

Posted by Sora+Kiari

i feel really stupid cause those were really good pionts about the games...I never hear when games are going to be released or anything..is there some website or magasin u here all about the games from?

wat system is ph 4?

Posted by Red

I think DS or GBA I'm not sure also, you may want to watch your spelling. and don't double post. there is an edit button for you to add stuff you may have left out.

most people probably hear about gameing info on websites [url]www.gamespot.com[/url] and stuff like that. I myself hear certain things from nintendo power.

Posted by Zeta

Phantom Hourglass is a DS title.

Posted by Red

thankyou Mao Zeta. BTW does the mao in your name mean maonaise or is it just Mao

I have a question for Legend of Zelda: a link to the past-GBA ( I lost my official stradagy guide:()
how do you get the suber spinning attack move, I know you have to beat the game then get 10 coins on four swords and that I did...I think..but then you have to go and talk to the log cutters for a game involving catching things. but I dunno I forget, can someone refresh my memory.

Posted by Sora+Kiari

Thank-you Mr. Red. Sorry about the double posting..I'm kinda new to the site.

Posted by Red

it's okay, everyones a newbie at one time and it might take a while to get used to :)

Posted by Colonel

Try the FAQ Mr.Red.

Posted by Colonel

Im going to double post just to bump this thread. Does anyone know when the release of Phantom Hourglass is, or is it still unknown?

Posted by Zeta

Sometime during Q4.

Posted by Dog

I am in need of help with Majora's Mask.

Twinmold. I don't even remember how i beat him a while back, and after I run out of magic I'll have to look for more (and usually fail). and if that doesn't seem to work, I'll be going at it with arrows and be barely hitting him. Cheteau Romani is a fortune, and my progress save is on the second night (with no Cheteau Romani or fairys).

It's actually starting to piss me off, because as soon as i'm done them i'll have a shot at fierce diety.

Posted by Cruxis

[quote=Shalien]I am in need of help with Majora's Mask.

Twinmold. I don't even remember how i beat him a while back, and after I run out of magic I'll have to look for more (and usually fail). and if that doesn't seem to work, I'll be going at it with arrows and be barely hitting him. Cheteau Romani is a fortune, and my progress save is on the second night (with no Cheteau Romani or fairys).

It's actually starting to [COLOR=black]pi[/COLOR]ss me off, because as soon as i'm done them i'll have a shot at fierce diety.

---------------------
First off all, the best way to kill him is with a load of green potions (which you can buy in clock town) and the Giants mask. Killing him with the arrows is the secondery way. By which you shoot him with arrows, then as he is fazed you place the mask on and run over to slash him down. I recommend that you collect all the bottles you can (5 will do) fill two with red potion and 3 with green. Buy about 100 arrows (that is if you have the quiver upgrade) and then upon facing him. remember that you do not HAVE to stun both of them at once, fighting one at a time will be suficant, but a little harder considering they intertwin together making them a specfifc one hard to track down.

I hope this helps, if it don't I will try to explain it better or tell you another way to do it.

Posted by Dog

you get the giants mask in the temple, and i already saved progress at the boss battle. I dont have time to get all that stuff. But to let you know, i have only 3 bottles, so 2 green potions and 1 fairy might do the trick (hopefully the guilded sword, too).

EDIT: okay i just found out that at the time period i'm at now (2nd day, 3 o'clock) I got the fairy. So then I headed to the hags potion shop to get the green potions. thats where the problem started. on the 2nd day if you didnt help out the hag in the woods the other hag will go after that one and you won't be able to buy the potions until she gets back. Now I don't know exactly when she'll get back, but I don't have the time to stand around and wait for her (unless she she came back in the next hour or so). Is there any other place i can get a magic potion without having to spend 400 rupees on Cheteau Romani? (and even if i had to get cheteau romani I would have to wait till night unless i got a powder keg:grrr: )

EDIT2: BTW theirs no such thing as a quiver that holds 100 arrows. 50 is the highest.

Posted by Zeta

Go smack Odalwa. Beating him again should make Kotake appear in her Potion Shop again.

And geez, 3 bottles? That must've sucked having to make two trips to the Pirate Fortress.

Posted by Cruxis

[quote=Shalien]you get the giants mask in the temple, and i already saved progress at the boss battle. I dont have time to get all that stuff. But to let you know, i have only 3 bottles, so 2 green potions and 1 fairy might do the trick (hopefully the guilded sword, too).

EDIT: okay i just found out that at the time period i'm at now (2nd day, 3 o'clock) I got the fairy. So then I headed to the hags potion shop to get the green potions. thats where the problem started. on the 2nd day if you didnt help out the hag in the woods the other hag will go after that one and you won't be able to buy the potions until she gets back. Now I don't know exactly when she'll get back, but I don't have the time to stand around and wait for her (unless she she came back in the next hour or so). Is there any other place i can get a magic potion without having to spend 400 rupees on Cheteau Romani? (and even if i had to get cheteau romani I would have to wait till night unless i got a powder keg:grrr: )

EDIT2: BTW theirs no such thing as a quiver that holds 100 arrows. 50 is the highest.

:) I hate to break this to you but....you HAVE to beat him with the mask (not that I would ever wish any one to have to back through all that crap and have to re-explore that *** forsaken temple but...).

As for that green & red potions, You can buy them in a item shop in town(the to the left of the bomb shop with the big goron bomb). The only thing about the witchs shack happens to be the fact that (assuming you complete the tasks) they sell a blue potion (which fills up BOTH your health and magic).

So heres what I recommend. You to the milk club (I forget the exact name) in the town on the either the second or third night (which ever you prefer) they sell both milk and the special milk at a discount price. fill two of you bottles with that, and then upon returning to the temple, there are some boxes in the first room. Under one of them is a little fairy, snatch in up and capture it in your third empty bottle (upon dieing a fairy will automatically revive you at the darkened game over screen).

Posted by Zeta

Untrue. Arrows are all that are necessary to beat Twinmold.

And I'd assume Shalien doesn't have Romani's Mask.

Posted by Dog

lol, i do. I already typed, giants mask is the only mask i need till i have all of them.

I now have either 4 or 5 bottles, i can't really remember (haven't played since my last post) and, like i posted before, i'm doing the temple over again.

You guys keep telling me things that I already know.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Shalien: I now have either 4 or 5 bottles, i can't really remember (haven't played since my last post) and, like i posted before, i'm doing the temple over again..

The last temple is probably the longest one in the game. I hate having to turn around the entire place and look around for the door leading you to the boss. I was lucky enough to find it. It also took me 3 entire hours to find all 15 fairies...

Posted by Sora+Kiari

i agree...the last temple in a Zelda game is always a pain..i find it best to just run through it quickly and find the basic entrances/treasures...ect..but then go back and do it right.

Posted by Dog

I disagree. After trying again I knew what i was doing, and I managed to beat it alot quicker.

Posted by Sora+Kiari

Quoting Shalien: I disagree. After trying again I knew what i was doing, and I managed to beat it alot quicker.

wat was the most recent Zelda game you played?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Shalien: I disagree. After trying again I knew what i was doing, and I managed to beat it alot quicker.

Obviously, but there are still a lot of steps and it still takes a while.

Posted by Dog

Quoting Zeta: And geez, 3 bottles? That must've sucked having to make two trips to the Pirate Fortress.
I had the stones mask. It made it way funner and easier.

Posted by Jazz

Ummm, I need some help for Majora's Mask because I don't know where to go for the second temple.

Posted by maian

The second temple would be the Snow temple. So naturally, head for the mountains. I assumed you've beaten the first one, so use your bow to shoot the icicles down from the mountain entrance. Play it from there. It can be a pretty confusing place. Even when you're at the mountains, you won't be entering the second actual level for a long time. Oh, and a little way through the snow entrance, you'll need bombs to blow up some snowballs that block your path. Buy bombs in the city, or use the blast mask.

(To get the blast mask, wait in North Clock town until 1 AM. A thief will rob this old lady. Cut him with your sword a few times, and she'll give it to you)

Posted by Jazz

Thanks, do you also know what you get from the duku butler when you save the princess cause that dumb butler goes to fast and it's hard to keep up. And can you get the blast mask anytime or what.

Posted by maian

Yeah, you can get the blast mask anytime. As long as it's 1 AM. :) You could try just going to the bomb shop to buy them, but I'm pretty sure you can't until you get the blast mask anyway.

And, from the butler, you get the hog mask. I can't remember it's official name though. It serves little to no importance through the game, but if you want to have all the masks (which you should) you should get that.

Do you have the bunny hood? That'll make the race a lot easier. To get the bunny hood, go to Romani Ranch on the final day, (It doesn't matter what day, but where you're at, you can only get in on the final day) and go to the chickpen. Use your bremen mask to march around, and make sure you get every chick to follow you. Eventually, they'll all turn to chickens, and the weird guy will give you the bunny hood. This lets you run really fast, and jump further.

If you don't have the bremen mask, simply go to the laundry pool at night, and Guru-guru (the music man) will give it to you after talking to him.

Posted by Jazz

Ok, but where the heck is the laundry pool, since there is so much info to take in.

Posted by maian

Heh, it's just in clock town. You enter it from South clock town, next to West Clock Town's entrance. If you have the Clock Town map, it's the smallest section of it.

Posted by Jazz

Ummmmmmm, are you trying to tell me its in west, south, north, or east clock town or is it where the big clock thing (where you fight skull kid) is.

Posted by maian

Neither. It's a small little section of Clock Town, not in either section. However, the entrance to it is in South Clock town.

Posted by Jazz

Thank you, oh have you played Zelda Orcarina of Time.

Posted by maian

Yeah. What about it?

Posted by Jazz

:rolleyes: Well I'm stuck in the water temple, because I don't know how to beat dark link. And trust me I've tried beating him enough times.

Posted by maian

Hmm. I don't remember Dark Link that much, but the Biggoron's sword definately helps. Also, use Din's fire a lot. I'm a lot more familiar with MM than OOT, so I won't be able to offer much help there. For OOT stuff look here:

[url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url]

Just search for Ocarina of Time, and you should get plenty of good walkthroughs.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jazz: :rolleyes: Well I'm stuck in the water temple, because I don't know how to beat dark link. And trust me I've tried beating him enough times.

I'll agree with maian. The biggoron swords helps a lot because you only need 5 slashs instead of 10 with the master sword. Din's fire in your next option if you don't want to get the biggoron sword. Just make sure you got your doubled size green bar so you can use the fire a bit more.

Posted by Jazz

Alright I'll ask you guys about that game but in Majora's Mask I did what maian said but now I got the goron hero mask but at snow head you see that big goron with the truth lens and I've tried everything to get to the goron and stop it, so what do I do.Oh, and where the heck do you get the biggoron's sword.

Posted by Zeta

-Get some Hot Spring Water from Darmani's grave. Push/Pull his grave to reveal the spring.
-Go to the bridge area.
-Walk around the giant snowballs until you find one that Tatl flys over. Punch it.
-Use the Hot Spring Water on the frozen Goron Elder.
-Talk to him a few times and then get your drums out to learn the first part of the Goron Lullaby.
-Play it for the Elder's son to learn the rest of the song. Use this to get past the Biggoron at Snowhead.

Note: The Elder won't teach you the opening or anything unless you've spoken to his son.

Also, the Biggoron Sword is not in Majora's Mask.

Posted by Jazz

Thanks but I mean the biggoron sword in Zelda Orcarina of Time.

Posted by Jazz

Oh, and I didn't understand about getting the spring water. Because where do I go mountain valley, goron villiage, snow head, or anywhere near any of them.

Posted by Zeta

Ah. For the Bggoron's Sword:

-Get the Cucco Egg from Anju in Kakariko Village.
-Once it's hatched, use the Cucco to wake up Talon, who is in one of the houses in Kakariko.
-Talk to Anju to get Cojiro, the Blue Cucco.
-Show Kojiro to the man in the Lost Woods, where the lone Skull Kid was. He'll give you a Magic Mushroom.
-Give the Mushroom to the old lady in Kakariko's Potion Shop within the time limit to get Magic Medicine.
-Return to where the man was. Give the Medicine to the Kokiri girl that is there to get the Saw.
-Give the Saw to the carpenter boss in Gerudo Valley to get the Broken Sword.
-Go to the top of Death Mountain, near where the first Great Fairy is. Show the Broken Sword to Biggoron to get a Prescription.
-Give the Prescription to King Zora for an Eyeball Frog.
-Give the Eyeball Frog to the old man at Lake Hylia within the time limit to get Eyedrops.
-Return to Biggoron and give him the Eyedrops to get the Claim Check.
-Play the Sun's Song 6 times, then show Biggoron the Claim Check.

Do not use any warps songs when carrying any of the timed items, as they'll spoil instantly. Also, make sure you unfroze King Zora.

And after getting the Spring Water, go to the part of the Mountain where Tingle is.

Posted by Jazz

I still need help with Majora's Mask.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Zeta: And after getting the Spring Water, go to the part of the Mountain where Tingle is.

idk, i'm not too good at explaining stuff like this.

Posted by maian

Alright, so the spring water is in the mountain village. Remember where you got the goron mask? Go back to that grave, and while you're a goron, you should be able to push the big one foward. When you do that, a bunch of hot water will come out. Well, y'know all those giant snowballs everywhere that you have to bomb? Be a goron, and punch all of them (Punching breaks them, instead of having to use your bombs). Punch them until you find a really old goron. He'll be frozen. Once you find this frozen goron, go back and get the hot spring water. You have to get to him really quickly, so roll as a goron. Note: He'll either be in the snowball in mountain village right in front of the grave sight, or he'll be in one of the snowballs that's on the frozen river, under the bridges when you're on your way to Goron City.

So yeah, unfreeze the Goron elder, and he'll teach you a song. Note: He WON'T teach you the song unless you've already talked to the crying baby in Goron city. If you haven't done that, go do it before you talk to the elder.

After you learn the tune, you have to learn the second half from the baby. So, go back to the baby, and play that tune in front of him. The baby will teach you the rest of the melody (And he'll finally stop screaming >_>), and then it's off to Snowhead.

After you've finally done all this, go back to the Biggoron that's blocking the way. Turn into a Goron, and play the full melody. He'll fall asleep, fall off the cliff, and you're ready to go. :)

Posted by Jazz

:eek: I tried getting a sword from the big goron in goron city with the shop. And then I got the giants knife and it broke before I got to dark link because I didn't know that it was so fragile. So do I do what Zeta said.

Posted by maian

Yeah, the real Biggoron's sword takes a long time to get. The Giant's knife from the other Biggoron is a rip. It always breaks. So yes, do the whole process Zeta said. Remember: NEVER teleport, or you'll have to start all over.

Once that whole thing is done, you'll find the real Biggoron on Death Mountain.

Posted by Jazz

:-D Thanks!

I beat dark link and got the long shot. But I need a key to get the master key and I've already gotten 2 and I need one more, so where do I get the last key(s).

Actually, I know where to get the key but its blocked by big rocks rolling around.

Posted by maian

(Just a pointer, don't double post. Edit if you need to :))

And sorry, can't really help ya there. I'm not good at remembering dungeons in OOT. :)

Go to [url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url] You should get the answer there.

Posted by Jazz

:rolleyes: I looked at it and, I guess you could say it helped.

Posted by Jazz

Alright, can I still talk to maian about Majora's Mask. :( PLEASE I'M STUCK!!!:(

Posted by maian

I can help with Majora's Mask. :cool:

Unless it's like, certain paths through a dungeon or something.

Posted by Xero

I can help too. I've completed all the Zelda games on N64 :)

Posted by Jazz

Alright, I need help at snowhead i've already gotten the fire arrows and have got to the spot in the middle of the room to go up, but I don't know how to get up there.

Posted by Jazz

Nevermind the crap that I said. I just found out that my brother nows how to get to the top, but not all the way up sooooooooooooooo, ummmmmmmmmmm please help.

Posted by maian

I can't help you with dungeons. They're too specific. ;|

go to [url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url] again. They help with the little details. Do you know how to use the site?

Posted by Jazz

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Ok.

Posted by maian

I can offer tips if you're stuck in a dungeon, though.

First, look at your map. If there's any unexplored rooms, get to them in any way possible. If you need a key, look for chests on the map. If there are unexplored areas, use the item you got in the dungeon. That's always what you need to move on.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]
Actually, I get your problem at snowhead Jazz. It got me stuck at first too.

I have reasons to think that you are stuck at the part where you need to destroy 4 snowballs in a hall that will lead you to the final level, the boss.

How to: You go 1 floor higher, shoot one snowball, jump and you should end up easily on the roof or right on the border of the passage :) Try it. If you miss and fall down, try again. I did it the first time around. It's close enough.

[/COLOR]

Posted by Jazz

Cool, and um in Zelda Ocarina of Time i'm stuck in the shadow temple but, I have the lens of truth.

Posted by Zeta

It would help to specify where in the Shadow Temple. Since that dungeon is more straightforward it might be possible for us to help.

Posted by Jazz

Well I don't know how to get to B4, where your not surrounded by cages and don't know what to do.

Posted by Xero

The cage in the shadow temple...

Hmm I'm not sure. Is there a boat near the place you're stuck at?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Is there a gamefaqs near the internets you're typing on?

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Well personally, I'd go on [url]www.zelda.com[/url].

This site has the complete guide of all the zelda games and they give pictures too sometimes. Check it out.
[/COLOR]:)

Posted by Jazz

Alright I'll check it out, but who is Vampiro talking too.

Posted by maian

..Well, do you know how to use Gamefaqs? You still haven't answered that. ;|

You can easily view guides that tell you every single thing to do when stuck...

Posted by Jazz

Yeah I have, thats how I passed the water temple.

Nevermind, I went to gamefaqs and got the info now I'm at Bongo. And I know how to beat him.

Posted by G-Sides

i hate to be mean but i really think you just need to try harder and think more before running to websites for help :|

Posted by Cruxis

[quote=Jazz]Alright, I need help at snowhead i've already gotten the fire arrows and have got to the spot in the middle of the room to go up, but I don't know how to get up there.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Simple. as you return to Goron VIllage you will find the elder frozen in Ice. Use the bottle of water you retreived from the hot springs the thalw him out. Help follow him back into the Goron village, where you young prince will be crying. Transform into your Goron form and withdraw your Drum set. Now with the help of the elder he will teach you a special lyllaby you put the youngster to rest. After wards return to that tricky spot in the moutain inwhich you where stuck. Walk up beside the sign that adresses the location and with draw your Lens of Truth. With close inspection you will notice that the blizzaard is infact a overgrown Goron giant (whom is invisible). Now it is your job to remove the problem. Turn back into a goron and withdraw your drum set. Now, play that special lyllaby the goron taught you earlier the "Goron Lyllaby". This will put the giant to sleep. Now all you have to do is to roll into a ball and navigate up the trail. Be carful, thare is a blustery wind which CAN nock you over the clift edge, so watch out. Once across the Gulch, proceed upward the Sprilalling ice walk. Once you reach the end you will have endered the third dongeon. Have fun![/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Now if anyone else has Zelda questions please ask me. I have written many FAQs for some various game sites and I own Every single Zelda Game made including the Game & Watch Zelda & the CD-i.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I also have also forced my self at various times to complete every zelda at least 50 times, and hits zeldas like Ocarina of Time, Master Quest, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker & Link's Awakening around 100 times each.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]So if you want a easy answer ask me.[/FONT]

Posted by Jazz

Ok, then Cruxis I kinda forgot how to beat bongo. At the shadow temple in Zelda Ocarina of time.

And to G-Sides I only go on websites if I'm really, really stuck or else whats the point of the game if you just follow the faqs.

Posted by Zeta

Shoot both of Bongo Bongo's hands, then shoot his eye. Slash him when he gets stunned.

And change your font color. That shade of red is really hard to read.

Posted by Jazz

But, when you do that you can't see him so do you use the lens of truth to see him.

Posted by Zeta

Yes, obviously. T_T

Hell, you don't even need the Lens during that fight. Just very good timing.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]But lets say that the lens of truth just makes it simple, because Bongo Bongo is really fast when he doesn't slap that Tam-Tam. I remember the first time I thought him. I had 3 pink fairies and I used then all up to kill him. [/COLOR]

Wait, someone needs help on a boss in a zelda game? I can understand not being able to beat him (not really) but not knowing how to beat him? Oh man. It's always the same. Use the weapon you got in the temple, attack the glowing bits, then attack the other glowing bits when the boss is stunned after attacking his original glowing bits. Come on people. This is basic video game ****.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I've always figured out how to beat a boss by myself. Usually, it's easy, because you press Z and Navy goes to the part you need to shoot. PLUS, you can't miss the target with navy stuck to it. And of course, like vampo said, you need the weapon from the temple :) Just use Z. It's so easy afterwards.[/COLOR]

Posted by Zeta

[quote]I remember the first time I thought him. I had 3 pink fairies and I used then all up to kill him.

That's just sad.

[quote]Use the weapon you got in the temple, attack the glowing bits, then attack the other glowing bits when the boss is stunned after attacking his original glowing bits.

Yeah, you've gotta hit him with the Hover Boots...

... o wai-

Posted by Cruxis

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bong Bongo is rather simple. He will tedder side-to-side, rather fast, as he tries to keep you from being able to hit him directly. The trick is the enter the battle with 2 or more bottles of Green potion (I say this if you are the kind of person who wants to just leave the "Len's of Truth" on).[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bongo's Body may disapear but his hands stay clearly visible, so use this to your advantage. Use you Z button to lock on to his left hand and then move link in a Zig-Zag formation, eventually bongo will become up set and slam his hand flat into the ground, trying to swat you like a fly. It is your job to Roll side-ways either left or right, just as his hand slams into the ground. It is while it is in this position that you may either, remove your bow and fire upon it OR (and I recommend you do this, as to reserve ammuntion) un-sheath you sword and slash it, remeber his hand only stays idle roughly 5-seconds, so attack fast. After defeating his left hand, you will be forced to do the same with his right, just remeber though, when you are fighting his right, you are limited on the actual amount of time you have to defeat it. After all, if you are too slow to put his right hand down, his left hand may revive and then you will be stuck having to put the left hand back down AGAIN. After you have defeated Both of his hands, then you must QUICKLY Remove your "Lens of Truth" or in Ocarina "Eye of Truth" and activate it. When you do this Bongo Bongo's Huge body will suddenly become visible. Now quickly remove you bow and draw an arrow while running towards his body (remember to lock on his Body). Now you hand roughly 15 seconds you fire as many arrows directly into his exposed eye as possible. If after a few direct hits he will scream and his eye will turn various colors. If you can make him do this two-to-three times, his body will fall to the ground and you may then run up to him and slash him with either the "Sword of Time" or the "Goron Sword". Odds are you will have to repeat the process of defeating the hands, shoting down his main body and slashing his eye about three times, so from the begining of the battle do your best to be on the defensive and dodge his power moves and gaurd his weaker attacks. And don't forget that it never hurts to keep a bottled fairy and a Green potion on hand at all times. A obvious Hint for you would be, to remind you that when you have a fairy in a bottle, you never use him to heal you, It is important to have one in hand, just in case you are defeated, afterwich the fairy will actually revive you in the middle of the battle, fill most of your life and allow you to continue where you left off. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Do this and you WILL succeed.[/FONT]

Posted by Jazz

Well, actually my brother beat him this morning and I'm already at the evil twin whitch sisters at the sand temple.

Quoted post: Yeah, you've gotta hit him with the Hover Boots...

... o wai-

The lens of truth (more or less the same temple.) Obviously you're not going to attack with boots, idiot.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jazz: Well, actually my brother beat him this morning and I'm already at the evil twin whitch sisters at the sand temple.

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Holy shi- You did that fast.

Twinrova was my favorite boss. She's so easy to kill. You basically only need to take out your sheild everytime she "shoots" fire or ice at you and it'll turn against here.
Don't forget though that when she makes that fusion, you need to absorb a fire spell or an ice spell 3 times before it turns against her ;) Don't mix up ice and fire.[/COLOR]

Posted by Jazz

Today, I got to gandorf (hope i spelled that right) and I don't know how to beat him and yes I have tried (once).:p:

Posted by Zeta

Similar to Phantom Ganon, but after he gets hit by the ball shoot him with a Light Arrow quick. Then when he falls to the ground slash him as much as you can.

Posted by Jazz

What do you mean he will just keep on knocking me to the ground and when I get up there he'll shoot me with this ball and i block and then i try to hit him with a light arrow but he makes me fall down again.

Posted by Zeta

Stay near the outer area of the room. Hit the ball back at him with your sword.

Posted by Jazz

Ok, my brother wil probably beat him even though I have beat most of the "bad guys". Anyway i still need some help with Majora's Mask, i'm at the place where you get to beat a big fish At the third temple (i read) so i'm stuck because i don't know how to get the pipe to the boss door to shoot out water so i could go. But i have the boss key.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Would you stop asking us the questions and check gamefaqs or zelda.com?

This temple is hard to picture. There are pipes everywhere.

If you won against Ganon's phantom, then you can easily beat the real ganondorf. It's hard at first, but if you're good with the bow, you can do it.[/COLOR]

Posted by Jazz

SSSSoooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]So did you figure it out or did your brother do it for you?[/COLOR]

Posted by Jazz

:( Yes unfortunately

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]You're pathetic. Seriously. I did the 3rd temple of MM without a guide, because I SEARCHED. It took me 2 hours, but at least...

Also, when we ask you to check guides, we expect you to READ, not go to your brother and ask him to do it for you, because in the end...you sorta din't complete the game.

Do it again. You can do every temple anytime. ;) [/COLOR]

Posted by Jazz

No you dummy, you should be more specific for what game your talking about i thought you were talking about ganon in Zelda Orcarina of Time. And i have read the guides alllllllll the way through, but they kinda confuse me.

Posted by Zeta

Out of curiosity, how old are you? Because I managed to beat Ocarina of Time when I was 8 years old, without any walkthroughs/guides/etc.

Posted by Jazz

I beat both games at 8 too but i'm young still but older than 12.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]DUUUDE! That's even worse. Bosses are usually stuff you can figure out by yourself. Guides for bosses? WTF? FOr a temple, I understand after trying, but Bosses? ****...[/COLOR]

Posted by Jazz

Flame Ghost your really annoying me about this, and my brother beat ganon when i wasn't even there at that moment. And on bosses i don't look for info on how to beat them, that's just retarded.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Jazz: I beat both games at 8 too

If that were true, you wouldn't be struggling on them now.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="deepskyblue"]Thank ***. Now go beat Ganon. [/COLOR]

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Jazz: i don't look for info on how to beat them, that's just retarded.

... You came here and asked how to beat Bongo Bongo and Ganondorf...

Posted by Jazz

***, I'm being a retard today just stand me until tomorrow when I'm not dumb. And it's been a while since i beat it and i forgot most of it. And i only ask for help on bad guys if i'm so stuck i go crazy.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Go sleep. Play tomorrow and come back to post your accomplishments :)[/COLOR]

Posted by Jazz

:( Well, i can't accomplish anything if i don't know what to do except on Zelda Orcarina of Time.:(

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]huh...You mean in MM now? SPECIFY. If it's MM, go check the links we gave you and figure it out.[/COLOR]

Posted by Jazz

I'll just tell you when i get to the boss in the water temple (in MM).

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]It's been nearly 24 hours now. Did you get to the fish?[/COLOR]

Posted by Jazz

Yes, but i had to change it to first day, so i got the stray faries from the snow temple and enhanced my magic power, so i have to do the whole thing over again but it will be quick like it has so far.

Posted by Kit

I've had the Zelda collector's edition for a while now, but I never got round to playing Adventure of Link...
How can you see in the caves?

Posted by Jazz

Hey, Xero i kicked that fat fish's *** in MM.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Dark Kirby: I've had the Zelda collector's edition for a while now, but I never got round to playing Adventure of Link...
How can you see in the caves?

First dungeon has the Candle, which lets you see the enemies in caves.

KINDA FUNNY SINCE YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO GO THROUGH A CAVE TO GET TO THE FIRST DUNGEON ANYWAYS!

Posted by Kit

Quoting Zeta: KINDA FUNNY SINCE YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO GO THROUGH A CAVE TO GET TO THE FIRST DUNGEON ANYWAYS!

Oh shi-

Posted by Zeta

There's only like one enemy in that cave anyways, so if you die in there you should just give up now.

Also, south of the first dungeon is a Life Container. Should help during the dungeon. And make sure you've gotten the Shield Spell.

Posted by Kit

Ok. Thanks for the help.

Posted by temari

um,I'm sorry if i'm interrupting anyone's conversation ,but I
NEED HELP ON THE OCARINA OF TIME ! please help me ! i just started the water temple and i'm very , very confused. my bro is feeding me a bunch of bull , and making matters worse ! i feel like my brain desovled!

Quoted post: There's only like one enemy in that cave anyways, so if you die in there you should just give up now.

Also, south of the first dungeon is a Life Container. Should help during the dungeon. And make sure you've gotten the Shield Spell.

How long ago was it since you last played the game? If you say over a year, you're one of the most hardcore kids alive.

Posted by Zeta

Guess I'm one of the most hardcore kids alive, then. :cool:

[quote]um,I'm sorry if i'm interrupting anyone's conversation ,but I
NEED HELP ON THE OCARINA OF TIME ! please help me ! i just started the water temple and i'm very , very confused. my bro is feeding me a bunch of bull , and making matters worse ! i feel like my brain desovled!

To start out, in the first room equip the Iron Boots and sink all the way to the bottom. Walk around until you find a tunnel with unlit torches near it. Go through there.

Posted by Jazz

Temari's farther then that.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jazz: Hey, Xero i kicked that fat fish's *** in MM.

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Great. Now I'm convinced you'll get stuck in the 4th temple. It's very complicated. Don't forget all those fairies in the 3rd temple. The price is an improvement on your defence. Damages will be reduced by half and it helps, trust me :)

Temari: You're stuck in the Water temple? [url]www.zelda.com[/url]

Don't bother us anymore.[/COLOR]

Posted by temari

Quoting Jazz: Temari's farther then that.

actually ,my bro scerwed up all my info and i had to start ALL
over again!so zeta's ,or anyone's help is much obilged . because my brain is like a pile of jelly!

-----
Guide
-----

Don't even think of trying the Water Temple before beating the Forest
Temple and the Ice Cavern. You need the Bow and Iron Boots. Make sure to get
the Zora's Tunic from King Zora or by buying it in the Zora's Domain shop.

To start, go to the bottom of Lake Hylia (really hard). Equip the Iron Boots
and walk to the gate. Use the Hookshot on the diamond to open the gate.

Once you are inside the main room, swim over to the right and enter the
little passage. (Make sure to de-equip the Iron Boots so you can swim again).
When you see the water-filled hole, equip the Iron Boots and drop down. Find
the block and pull it back as far as possible. Float back to the passage you
entered.

You can get the Compass now, so step off the edge of the passage and equip
the Iron Boots to start sinking. As you sink past the middle door, de-equip
the boots so you can swim inside it. Equip the Iron Boots again and use the
Hookshot to kill the Stingers in the hallway. When you get to the spikes,
just Hookshot yourself over them. Then, hookshot onto the target on the
ceiling so you can get into the room. You'll see a chest blocked by a geyser.
Go near it and use the Hookshot to hit the diamond switch. The geyser will
stop and you can take the Compass.

Go back to the main room and sink all the way to the temple floor. Go to the
room with the two unlit torches (east side). Walk on in and talk with Ruto.
Float after her as far as you can. You will find a triforce on the wall.
Go near it and play Zelda's Lullaby to drain the water. Now, go in the door
on the opposite wall.

When fighting the Spike enemies, hit them with your Hookshot and then use
your sword to fight it while it is a sphere. Kill all the Spikes in the room
to make a chest with the Dungeon Map appear. Now, go back to place where you
first met Ruto (bottom floor). The torch is now on, but the rest are not. You
can use Din's Fire or shoot a bow through the torch so the arrow passes the
flame and hits a torch. After all the torches are lit, the door will open.

The new enemy here are Shell Blades. They can only be killed when they are
open. You can only hurt them with horizontal sword slashes, arrows or
hookshot blasts. When they are all killed open the newly appeared the chest
for a small key.

Now, go back to main room and go to the western part of it. Push the block
so that it falls in the hole. Jump in after it falls and swim through the
path to the room. The room is easy, just first kill the Blue Tektite. Now,
hit the switch with anything you like. A geyser will appear in the center.
Jump on it and then jump onto the other side. Go in the room.

The next room has a lot of strong currents. Float until you reach the flat
platform. Then sink on down onto it. Just the hookshot to hit the switch in
the dragon's mouth. Then turn to your right and hookshot onto the target so
you can enter the room. De-equip the iron boots and float on up and open the
chest for a small key.

Go back into to the main room again and this time go the south way. Swim
until you reach the room with the switch. Hit the switch so that the water
level is raised so you reach the next platform. Hookshot onto the target
when you reach the high platform.

In the gate, you should see a Gold Skulltula and a switch. The only thing
that can enable the switch are a Spin Attack, or a slice with your Giant's
Knife/Biggoron Sword. After you are doing getting the Gold Skulltula token,
let's go back into the main room.

Enter the locked door just north of when you come back into the main room.
Use your Hookshot on the target in the middle part of the room (use CUp to
look around). Go next to the Triforce symbol on the same platform and play
Zelda's Lullaby. The water will now rise to the middle level, and the
platform you stepped on when you entered has now floated to the middle. Put
on your Iron Boots and sink into the hole that has been newly revealed.

When you get into the room after sinking, hit the switch from far away. A lot
of enemies will drop from above the switch after you trigger it. Kill all the
Spikes and Shell Blades in the way you want (my way is the Hookshot way).
After they are all dead, the door in the other corner will open so float up
there. Get onto the dry platform and blow up the tear in the wall with a
bomb. Get the small key in the chest and then leave the way you came.

When you are back in the room with the Hookshot target and Triforce symbol,
just leave from the middle part of the room since the water level has rosen.
In the main room, equip the Iron Boots and sink back to the bottom. Go to
where you met Princess Ruto (it's the room past the 2 unlit torches). When
you get to the locked door, float up as much as you can. Get on the platform
after you are done rising and blow up the tear in the wall with a bomb. Get
the small key in the chest. Now, go back to the main room.

Go to the west side of the main room and climb or Hookshot onto the west
platform with the locked door and the Hookshot target above it. In the room,
just hit the switch when you are standing on the geyser. The geyser will
rise, but hold your shield out and place it above yourself as much as
possible. A Blue Tektite will try to attack you, but you will block it with
your shield. After fighting with the Tektite, exit the room and you will wind
on a ledge that overlooks the main room. Play Zelda's Lullaby on the Triforce
seal on the same ledge.

Now, jump back into the water. It will be at the top level now. Swim over to
the west side again and enter the locked door. In this room, there are
platforms and waterfalls. First off, use your Hookshot to kill any Keese you
see. Don't bother with the Gold Skulltula since you cannot get it yet. Time
for the fun part now. Drop down to one of the bottom platforms. After that,
Hookshot onto one of the moving platforms (make sure it is not one that is
about to fall). From there, Hookshot onto another one and another until you
reach the top.

In the next room, kill the Blue Tektites first. They like to bother you when
you are trying to finish the room. After killing the Blue Tektites, hit the
switch in the center with your Hookshot or Bow. The Dragon statues will rise,
each with a Hookshot target on them. Hookshot onto the first dragon statue.
Next, Hookshot or Bow the switch to make the statues lower. Hookshot onto the
target on the wall, and then run past the Dragon statue's head. Hookshot or
Bow the switch again. Hookshot onto the third Dragon Statue. Hookshot or Bow
the switch again. Stand on top of the third Dragon Statue's head. Hookshot or
Bow the switch again. You will now rise with the third statue. In the next
part of the room, you need to Hookshot onto the target on the ceiling to
leave. To kill the Like Like, just throw bombs at it till it dissolves.

In the next room, you'll be in some sort of endless shallow lake. Just walk
around a bit till you see your shadow. Yup, it's Shadow Link that fun boss
from Adventures of Link. To beat him, you could just fight him like you
would other sub-bosses, defend and attack while they are recovering. People
looking for the easy way out will use Din's Fire or the Megaton Hammer. Kill
in any way you like. After your are done killing him, go into the north door.

A big chest? Could it be? Yes it is! The treasure of the dungeon. The
Longshot! It it a Hookshot, but with twice the range. But, you need to get
out of here. So play Song of Time to remove the Blue Block on the floor. Fall
down through the hole. Swim in the water avoiding the whirlpools. When you
get to the second whirlpool, take a breather on the nearby ledge and kill the
Gold Skulltula on the wall nearby. After the third and fourth whirlpools,
climb onto the platform and hit the eye switch (use Cup to look for it) with
an arrow. Longshot onto the dropped chest and open it for a small key. Then
use the platform your on now to exit.

After all that, go back into the room where you met Princess Ruto (two unlit
torches at the entrance). Float all the way to top and play Zelda's Lullaby
again to lower the water level to the bottom. Go into the room with the
second Triforce symbol (the one with the Hookshot targets). Play Zelda's
Lullaby for the Triforce symbol there to raise the water level to the middle.
Look around for the Gold Skulltula in this room and Longshot it for a token.

Go to the south part of the main room and use an arrow on the eye target.
Longshot across before the gate closes. Push the block as far as possible
and then turn right to get the small key. When you are done with that, go
back to the room with the falling Hookshot platforms and kill the Gold
Skulltula there with the Longshot.

Go back to the room with on the west side with the raising geyser you ride
on. Float up and exit to room to go back to the triforce symbol. Play Zelda's
Lullaby (by now it should be embedded in your mind) and raise the water level
to the top. Just so you know, this is the last time you have to change the
water level. (Don't worry, I'll wait till your done dancing).

As you leave the little ledge, equip the Iron Boots and sink on down to the
bottom floor of the main room. Go to the north part of the bottom floor of
the main room and enter the little door. When you get to the room with the
spikes and the Hookshot target, Longshot yourself over the spikes and next
to the locked door.

In the next room, there are Blue Tektites on guard, whirlpools in two corners
and falling boulders. The answer to get to the other side? Just use the Iron
Boots and walk across the center to the other side. If the Blue Tektites are
giving problems when you are trying to climb up, just Longshot them from the
floor. Leave through the door.

Now, in this room, first kill all the Stingers in the room. That way, your
life will be easier. Now, go down, and bomb each of the southern walls (one
has a different color texture and the other has a crack in the wall). Push
and grab the big block until you it goes through one crack and out the other.
In the end, you should push the block off the edge onto the switch located in
the slot where the block falls. Go with the rising water level into the room
on the west.

The next room is easy, just hit the switch and jump on the geysers. After
that room, you'll be at the source of one of the boulder producing machines.
Just use the Longshot to get the Gold Skulltula on the wall. After that,
walk into the water (with Iron Boots) and fall down in the hole to the right.
Get the boss key in the room nearby. Go back to the main room.

Go to the north side of the main room and Longshot onto the Hookshot target
nearby. Enter through the door. The next room may seem hard. It is easy to
get to the door though. Just run up avoiding the spikes (this may require
timing) without stopping or changing direction. If you were successful, you
will be next to the boss door and go through it with the boss key.

How to beat: Giant Aquatic Amoeba - MORPHA

Morpha is very easy to beat. Since you have the Longshot, you can get him so
far away he can't attack you. Just Z-Target the little ball in one of the
tentacles. Pull it towards you with the Longshot and then hit it with your
sword. Repeat the process until dead.

After that, you get to see the Sage of Water (guess who it is) and get the
Water Medallion. Lake Hylia will refill itself when you return so you can now
get the Fire Arrows and you can now easily swim over to the fishing pond.

---
End
---

Posted by Jazz

Xero, i got the info to get all the fairies in the water temple (in MM) so I'll be OK.

And temari, Vampiro pretty much said everything but if you get confused you can go to [URL="www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/game/919239.html"]www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/game/919239.html[/URL] and just go down the page and you should find Zelda Orcarina of Time and look for stuff that has (N64) next to it. Check it out!
And i'm stuck in MM at stone tower do i need to get more masks, actually my brother got a mask with a king skeleton on it and he woke up this huge skeleton and beat all these things (i don't know what to call them since i wasn't there when he did it).

Posted by Jazz

I finally beat the whole thing of Zelda Ocarina of Time, but my brother beat both Ganons (unfortunately).

Posted by Jazz

Okay now that I beat Ocarina of time , I need help on Majora's Mask
( Mainly on how to get the Song of Storms )

Posted by G-Sides

go to the graveyard in ikana and talk to the skeleton kid that's walking in circles around a grave while wearing the hat that allows you to do that and tell him to open up the grave he's circling around. go in, kill the iron knuckle, and boom.

Posted by Jazz

Thanks! (My retarded brother made my friend post that, by the way)

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]So...what part of the game are you at now?(OoT/MM)[/COLOR]

Posted by Jazz

Well actually Arms really didn't make any sense on how to get the song of storms in MM. HELP!

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Learn Song of Storms
After getting the Captain's Hat, enter the Ikana Graveyard after 6:00 p.m. on the First Day (use the Song of Double Time to advance quickly) and go to the gravestone around which the Stalchildren are marching in a circle. Equip the Captain's Hat and speak to one of the Stalchildren guarding the gravestone, then direct that the grave be opened. When the Stalchildren jump into the hole, follow them down to go Under the Graveyard.

Go forward across the pillars into a dark opening, then enter the next room and light the three torches with Fire Arrows to open the door. Equip the Stone Mask to ward off the swarm of Keese in the room. Enter the next room and defeat the Iron Knuckle to open the curtain against the far wall. Speak with Flat, then Z-Target the stone slab where he was floating to learn the Song of Storms. [/COLOR]

Posted by Jazz

Thanks DUDE!

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]It's copy/paste from a site I kept posting for you to look at it...

I figured that's the only way you'll get somwhere :rolleyes:[/COLOR]

Posted by Jazz

Oh, thanks! (By the way my brother wanted to know the song of storms, NOT ME. GET IT, GOT IT, GOOD.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Err...Anything else?[/COLOR]

Posted by Jazz

No, i pretty much beat both MM and OoT.

Posted by Ant

How the **** do you get hot springwater to the goron sitting next to the bridge outside castle town? :(

Edit: Funny, this was bugging me for awhile now. And right after I ask the question I finally figure it out. Coincidence? I think not.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Ha! I remember that part being pretty hard. I couldn't find a way to get the lens of truth because I wouldn't stick around long enough to notice the feathers staying on invisible platforms.

Then when I finally figured it out, I didn't know how to get the Goron's mask until I saw that shadow and used the lens of truth.

AND THEN when I got the mask, I still didn't have the lullaby. I knew where the goron dad was, but I didn't know where to find how water until I got close to the tombstone and noticed 2 options: "read" "pull". I pulled and got my water.

Then i'm pretty sure I didn't get stuck until the 3rd temple, but gosh was I annoyed :mad: I'm pretty sure it took me 3 days to figure out how to enter that snow temple...[/COLOR]

Posted by Jazz

No stupid, Xero let me talk!!!!!! Anyway you need the lens of truth. If you don't have them tell me, and i probably will remember because my brain is not working. (at the moment)

Posted by Zeta

...You make absolutely no sense.

Posted by Jazz

If its me your talking to (probably) its hard to talk when your brain is not working

Posted by Jazz

If its me your talking to (probably) its hard to type when my brain is not working

Posted by Dexter

How unsuccessful of me. I finally have a few hours to play Twilight Princess and I get stuck for most of the time! GAH!

Here's what I need help with. I'm fishing for Reekfish. I just got the Earring. The problem is, I'm having a difficult time getting my bobber deep enough for the Reekfish to bite! It keeps floating towards the top and when I do get it to go down it only stays down for a few seconds! Talk about annoying. Is there a clever secret or something obvious I'm doing wrong?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I had a lot of problems with this initially. When you cast out your earring, let the bobber simply float on the surface and keep an eye out for approaching reekfish. When the green line on the bobber's marking is pulled below water level, do a slight pull upwards until you get the 'FISH ON!' alert. Then, for simplest (though immersionless) results, simply hold the remote over your shoulder until Link pulls up the fish.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting The X: When the green line on the bobber's marking is pulled below water level

That's my problem. I can't seem to get the green part of the bobber to stay under the water for very long. It keeps going back up! The fish are there, trying desperately to get caught, but I'm too dumb to catch them! It's maddening! How do you get the green under the water?

I won't give up. I'm not about to lose two nights of progress because I can't catch a fish!

...or am I?

Posted by Dexter

I did it! I made that last post about two hours ago and I've been trying on and off the entire time. Not to mention the time I took trying to catch it last night! I did it right before I was about to call it quits for the night. Oh, now I look forward to tomorrow night's adventure! That was more difficult than any of the boss battles so far!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Just for future reference, the green bobber sinking underwater is an indication that a fish is pulling on the bait.

Posted by Dexter

Oh, is that what it meant? I never even knew that. There I was trying to twist the Wiimote every which way to get it to sink so the fishies could at least nab it. I couldn't see down there to tell what was going on.

Posted by Sora+Kiari

does anyone know if i have to explore the water temple(twilight princess) 3rd ad 4th floor in order to get the boss key?

Posted by KH/FFfan

if i remember u dont hav to 4 the left tower but 4 the other u hav to to get the boss key but i cant remember hope this helps

Posted by Ant

I...don't remember. But I do remember that the outer-ring area or lowest level of that dungeon actually didn't have anything down there. Or at least I never found anything, except disappointment.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The boss key for the Lakebed Temple is one one of the lower levels. Try and find a room full of underwater tunnels, and you're on the right track.

Posted by Dexter

I can't seem to recall how to get to the guy who wants the Poe souls. I remember the first time I got to him was way back when I went above the bar in Castle Town, but I can't seem to go that way again and I don't remember where the other entrance was. I know I'm going to feel dumb when someone tells me, but plz do.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

He has a house in Castle Town. Run around until you find a gang of cats playing outside a house, then turn into wolfie and dig under the doorway.

Posted by Sora+Kiari

Quoting Ant: I...don't remember. But I do remember that the outer-ring area or lowest level of that dungeon actually didn't have anything down there. Or at least I never found anything, except disappointment.

i saw a huge box on a tall ledge. here's wat happened...i went around a couple of cures under water using the boot(duh), when i came in a door, there were fish who attached me so i killes al of them (4 or 5). There was a small ledge and i could not reach anything from it. although there was a hole abouve it so mabey i fall through it later and i'll open the box.....wat do guys think?

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, you have to fall through that hole in the ceiling. Look around in the previous room for another door, which should lead to that hole.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Dexter: I can't seem to recall how to get to the guy who wants the Poe souls. I remember the first time I got to him was way back when I went above the bar in Castle Town, but I can't seem to go that way again and I don't remember where the other entrance was. I know I'm going to feel dumb when someone tells me, but plz do.

Yeah, that was hard for me to find out as well. :$

Posted by Dexter

Quoting The X: He has a house in Castle Town. Run around until you find a gang of cats playing outside a house, then turn into wolfie and dig under the doorway.

Oh geez, I know where that is. I knew I'd feel dumb after someone told me. Thanks a lot. :(

Posted by Zeta

Man, Dexter, I thought you'd have less problems with this game than me, what with you being smarter and stuff. What's going on? =/

Posted by Dexter

uh oh. I didn't do too bad. I just somehow forgot about that detail. I didn't get stuck much during the game at all, except for that fishing part. I just got the magic armor a few days ago and I've got about 8 more heart pieces to find, 11 more bugs, and idk how many Poes. Perfection is near. :link:

Posted by Red

k so I recently got a gc and started playing Oot on the collectors edition thing I borrowed from a friend.

so I just beat the fire temple and I know now I have to go to Zora's domanin...but I'm so lost :( I went there and no one was there, I couldn't even talk to the king. I tried lighting some torches. and when I lit two it even made the "you just discovered something" noise. but nothing happened

anyways I just want to know what I have to do to get me back on track...without revealing too much. I'm trying to beat this game witout much help from anyone else.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Go behind the King to where Lord Jabu Jabu used to be. Jump across the icebergs on the left and enter the cave. You'll be in the Ice Caverns, a minidungeon of sorts. In there, play through to the end to get the Iron Boots and the Serenade of Water. Before you leave, remember to pick up some additional blue flame to melt out King Zora for a sextacular reward!

Posted by Red

wee thanks!!! ^_^...well I went behind King Zora awhile ago to get the heart piece but must've missed the mini dungeon. well I'm off to go play it. bye :)

Posted by Colonel

lol n00b. :)

Posted by KH/FFfan

Hmm imma confused i was readin about timeline in LoZ and inbetween OoT,MM,and WW how does Hyrule become flooded cuz i never beat WW so maybe it says wat happens so idk and i never thought about it but wat happens at the end of MM i never beat that one either even with a guide cuz the hookshot never worked to get into the 4th area and does anyone no if there will b a sequal to TP is so good and well its the best but i still havnt beat it but im in the 4th dugeon cuz i finally beat the third without anyones help and no guide w00t but it took me about 2 weeks and no im not a n00b ive just been playin my ps3

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I refuse to answer this question until you use at least one instance of punctuation.

Posted by Zeta

There is no timeline, despite what anyone says.

Posted by Red

quick OoT question- after you save all 4 carpenters you can go to their tent and the guy that runs around Hyrule is there. He asks if you want to race from here to lost woods' bridge. so I've raced him about 4 times now and he keeps beating me by a second...is there a number of times I have to do this? or is there a certain ammount of time I have to beat?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Certain time. YOU CAN NOT WARP.

Posted by KH/FFfan

ok how bout this im going to use of if i hav to use it ok now im going to repeat why did and when did Hyrule get flooded and in TP wat happened to the temple of time i just beat that level but why is it destroyed and u go into the past to do that level and whats with the occoca or watever there called and how come hyrules always changing and which owl statue do u go to to get to the air city/temple thing and is ganondorf the leader of the twilies and is it true he looks like his final form in OoT and 4 the other ? wat happens at the end of MM and i was readin another thread about LoZ on is there a hard 3D boss in LoZ well they never included Majora is he a hard boss or no and finally a new ? since there is no official timeline would this b inbetween OoT/MM and WW and is there any news on a sequel to TP i now theres gonna b another Zelda game but is it gonna b another Link or this same link and wat hero is this link hes not the hero of time or wind so wat is he hero of twilight and wat do u think is better OoT or TP me TP cuz of how big it is compared to OoT and i think it has the best graphics in a current gen(actually now i guess past gen) game besides a FF, it even surpasses *** of War and wats better the GC or Wii version me im stuck with the GC version until this summer when i get a Wii at least i hope i do

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I don't see any commas, apostrophes, periods or capital letters.

I still abstain.

Posted by KH/FFfan

Are you serious. Fine is this all to your liking.Why or when did Hyrule get flooded. Why did the Temple of Time get destroyed. What's up with the Oocca. Is Ganondorf the leader of the Twilies. What happens at the end of Majora's Mask. Is Majors a hard 3-D Zelda boss or is he easy. Is this game inbetween OoT/MM and WW or after WW.Is there going to be a sequal to TP or another legend involving another Link. Which is better the Wii version or the GC. And finally which is better OoT or TP.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Better!

I can't be bothered answering, though.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting KH/FFfan: Are you serious. Fine is this all to your liking.Why or when did Hyrule get flooded. Why did the Temple of Time get destroyed. What's up with the Oocca. Is Ganondorf the leader of the Twilies. What happens at the end of Majora's Mask. Is Majors a hard 3-D Zelda boss or is he easy. Is this game inbetween OoT/MM and WW or after WW.Is there going to be a sequal to TP or another legend involving another Link. Which is better the Wii version or the GC. And finally which is better OoT or TP.

1. Hyrule was flooded between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker. After Ocarina of Time, Ganon broke out of the Sacred Realm. The people prayed for the Hero of Time to come and seal him away, but he didn't appear. The people then prayed to the g'ods, and they flooded Hyrule as a sort of last resort.

2. I'd assume during the Flood, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. Temple of Time felt thrown in in Twilight Princess, so I didn't pay much attention.

3. "What's up with the Ooccaa?" What's up with the Zoras? What's up with the Gorons? Why do Hylians have pointy ears? It's a fantasy game. It has fantasy races. Think about it.

4. No.

5. Spoilers: [spoiler]Link defeats Majora and returns peace to Termina. He then leaves to continue his search for Navi.[/spoiler] End spoiler.

6. He's easy with the Fierce Deity Mask. Not too hard without it, but it's a fun fight.

7. Not sure. I think the common theory is that it's between OoT/MM and WW, but you have to decide for yourself.

8. No Twilight Princess sequel has been announced. The next Zelda besides Phantom Hourglass, which is a direct sequel to Wind Waker, will most likely have an entirely new Link.

9. Depends on whether you enjoy playing with the Wiimote or the traditional GCN controls.

10. Which one is "better" is all up to personal opinion.

Posted by KH/FFfan

Thank you for all of that but i actually wanted your and everyone elses opinion on which is better OoT or TP cuz mine is TP because of how big the game is and The X is a grammar freak and Alastor is a cool dude even though he's girly

Posted by Alastor

Quoting KH/FFfan: The X is a grammar freak and Alastor is a cool dude even though he's girly

It's true. I like ribbons in my hair.

Posted by Shade

You're a dirty, dirty girl.

Posted by KH/FFfan

LOL wow anyways which Zelda has the best music mine goes to TP...again i just love it and the snowpeak province music just sounds so sad but at the same time erie and heroic

Posted by Litbut

I need to catch a fish for the cat. And I couldn't catch one to save my life. If anyone could make a video showing the command to do when with a video of it afterwards, please do. I seriously have no skill in Zelda.

Posted by Zeta

Not familiar with the Wii version's controls, so I can't really help much, but do what you've got to do once the green part of the lure goes underwater.

Posted by Drewboy64

I had trouble at first too, but all you have to do is:

when you cast your rod in the water, wait for it to be pulled down, and when you think a fish has bitten, pull back on the rod.

Just keep your rod up and pulled back and you'll eventually get the fish.

Posted by RandomizeR

I found that it also helps if you move the Nunchuk around in circles while holding the rod back

Posted by Red

k someone help me QUICK!!!

how do you get a bigger wallet, right now I still have my childhood one, and holding only 300 rupees just aint good enough

(twilight princess)

Posted by Litbut

I suck at Zelda. So I wouldn't know.

Posted by Dexter

Catch bugs and bring them to that little sexy girl called Agitha in Castle Town. She'll make your wallet bigger and your pants tighter.

Posted by Red

quick service, thanks. but just how much bugs?
I only have a beatle :(

Posted by Dexter

I think once you get about 10 or 15 bugs she gives you a big one and then after you get them all she gives you an even bigger one, the biggest one in the game, if I'm correct. They're pretty easy to find, since they make that noise.

Posted by Zeta

1 bug = 600 Rupee wallet.
All 24 bug= 1000 Rupee wallet.

Posted by Dog

This isn't really help or anything like that, but has anyone gotten the master sword early before? It is possible if you don't know about it yet, and i've done it before, so if you need help on doing it you can post here or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQF0s_el7nY

Posted by Red

I heard that if you give the priest in Hyrule a certain ammount of rupees he gives you a heart container, how much ruppees must I give him, and whats a good way to get rupees.

Posted by Zeta

1000 Rupees.

Every way is a good way to get Rupees; they're ****ing everywhere.

Posted by Red

Quoting Zeta: 1000 Rupees.

Every way is a good way to get Rupees; they're ****ing everywhere.

it's true, I made nearly a hundred, from fighting only a few enemies, I was just oping there would be some patch of grass that gave u a good ammount everytime or something.

Posted by Creedence

Do one dungeon and you'll have a wallet full by the time you come out.

Posted by AgithasCastle

I'm playing Twilight Princess and I cant get out of the underwater temple part with the rotating staircase. I can get to the room with the white bridge that wont go up/the circle things hanging from the ceiling, and I can get to the room with the two doors and the railroad track-like thing. some one please help me. is there tools that I may not have?

Posted by ArchAngel4434

phantom hourglass is the sequil to wind-waker. how much it actually has to do with the wind-waker im not sure, though.

Posted by fersure_zelda

Okay, when you put on the Zora Mask on Majora's Mask, you can swim right? There's also this "jump" you can do in the water. It's like a dolphin jumping out of the water temporarely.

ANYWAY, how do I do this jump using a gamecube?

Someone PLEASE answer, i've went to gamefaqs and other sites, and Yahoo Answers and tried just about everything I can think of.

Posted by Zeta

Same as in the N64 version. Hold the swim button and down on the control stick.

Oh it's down? Thought it was up. FFFFFFFFFFFF

Posted by Xero

If I remember well, the controls are the opposite when you swim as a zora. It screwed me many times against the water temple boss in that game (can't remember the name). Couldn't make it back on top of the tower and I'd get swallowed up. -2 hearts...

Posted by Stalolin

Phantom Hourglass question.

I haven't really explored too much of the Temple of the Ocean King yet, but I just beat the second dungeon. I think I heard from someone that you need to go back and redo all of the prior puzzles you did to get the second chart in order to find the third. Any truth to this, or should I just go explore it more?

Posted by Ant

some of the levels in the ocean king you will have to "redo" but they are normally easier the second time through and will often provide shortcuts via the new items you have earned. it's not that bad.