Kingdom Hearts III release date

Posted by gamerz

does anyone have any info on the release date of Kingdom Hearts III?

Posted by Xenos

No. It's not even worked on much. If you read the KH interview thread, Nomura stated there is another project of interest. So it might be awhile before there is a new installment.

Posted by Arcadios

not much is there?

Posted by Sean the Wicked

It's going to be at least four years, but because Nomura is working on another game before it, I'd say, at bare minimum, six years. Because if you think about it, KHII took about four years to be made (and that includes time to make Chain of Memories), and this new game will be on the PS3, which obviously will take a certain amount of time longer than a PS2 game, plus all the time it takes to make the other game he's working on.

So yeah, I'd say about six years, if not more.

Posted by nick25

The game will not be released for a while, but they do have a plot for it I found a source which told me everything, heres the answer

After the ending, there's a secret movie this time, too. What exactly is the movie trying to tell?
I actually have a solid idea on what the movie's setting will be in my head. In the previous game's secret movie, I wasn't even sure if I would be making a sequel or not, so some parts of it were quite vague. But this time I already have an idea my head where I think "This is it."

Does that mean you already have a plot for KHIII?
Hmm... I have an idea but it can't be helped because my team are planning to work on our next different title. So we're not working on KHIII now and we're not planning to work on it for some time, too. I have a plot in my head but I'm not sure if it'll be released to the world or just stay in there.

Quoting nick25: The game will not be released for a while, but they do have a plot for it I found a source which told me everything, heres the answer

After the ending, there's a secret movie this time, too. What exactly is the movie trying to tell?
I actually have a solid idea on what the movie's setting will be in my head. In the previous game's secret movie, I wasn't even sure if I would be making a sequel or not, so some parts of it were quite vague. But this time I already have an idea my head where I think "This is it."

Does that mean you already have a plot for KHIII?
Hmm... I have an idea but it can't be helped because my team are planning to work on our next different title. So we're not working on KHIII now and we're not planning to work on it for some time, too. I have a plot in my head but I'm not sure if it'll be released to the world or just stay in there.

Not only was it I who posted that interview, but it also doesn't tell us a single thing that we didn't already know.

Posted by Kingdom_Hearts_Adict

When you really think about it KH:COM came out only a year after KH and KHII came out only about a year after KH:COM and considoring that the magizine interview was after the japanese release not the american, and that Nomura already has the idea for the plot i would say two more years. Another thing that i guess would be good to conisdor though would be that the game got delayed a lot because of Chicken Little being in it. I think that it should be within the next two years

Quoting Kingdom_Hearts_Adict: When you really think about it KH:COM came out only a year after KH and KHII came out only about a year after KH:COM and considoring that the magizine interview was after the japanese release not the american, and that Nomura already has the idea for the plot i would say two more years. Another thing that i guess would be good to conisdor though would be that the game got delayed a lot because of Chicken Little being in it. I think that it should be within the next two years

Did you even read what I said?

Also, have you comphrehanded the fact that Kingdom Hearts II took nearly four years to produce and distribute? Not only that, but Kingdom Hearts III will be on the PS3, a much more advanced system, thusly taking much longer to create unlike PS2 games. FURTHERMORE, Nomura is on ANOTHER project BEFORE KHIII, which means it would be EVEN longer than that.

Like I said BEFORE.

Posted by wavemaster20

i think squre-enix wont leave us hanging this time the olny reasion kh2 took so long is becouse they though kh1 was not doing so well

Posted by Arczu

Well when would you like this game to come out? If it's less than five years, you're not being reasonable. They obviosly are not leaving us hanging because we know that some other game is being worked on before the third game.

I really cant see it being more than 4 years to tell the truth, if Numora has an idea and only one other project to work on it wont take them that long, besides we dont know for sure that KH3 will come out on PS3 i dont remember hearing Numora saying anything like that. Also like i said that magizine interview was after the Japanese release so the other project is almost definately being worked on

Quoting Kingdom_Hearts_Adict: I really cant see it being more than 4 years to tell the truth, if Numora has an idea and only one other project to work on it wont take them that long, besides we dont know for sure that KH3 will come out on PS3 i dont remember hearing Numora saying anything like that. Also like i said that magizine interview was after the Japanese release so the other project is almost definately being worked on

Obviously you don't understand how long it takes to make something.

NOW, I KNOW THIS IS HARD FOR YOU, BUT TRY AND THINK FOR A SECOND.

Kingdom Hearts to Kingdom Hearts II took four years.

These were Playsation 2 games.

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories was shortly released after Kingdom Hearts.

This was a Gameboy Advanced game.

Now, in reality, GBA games aren't that difficult to make and/or produce, as people commonly code them on their computer (usually messing around with already made games and making it into something diffrent) and so on and so forth.

Kingdom Hearts III will be a Playstation 3 game, a system with infinite possibilities and an even bigger system inside. A very complex on compared to the Playstation 2.

Now, think about this for a minute. Nomura is working on ANOTHER project, not some ****ty handheld crossbred game, but possibly a major title. This, by itself, could take some years.

Now kindly shut the hell up.

Listin i wasnt rude to you so there is no need to be so hostile, this thread asked for info on the release date, i simply gave my own personal thoughts on the legenth of time it will take to make it, weither im right or wrong your agressive attitude is not needed.

Quoting Kingdom_Hearts_Adict: Listin i wasnt rude to you so there is no need to be so hostile, this thread asked for info on the release date, i simply gave my own personal thoughts on the legenth of time it will take to make it, weither im right or wrong your agressive attitude is not needed.

There are no personal thoughts of lengths of time it would take to make a video game of such magnitude, especially when the facts presented to you make it so plainly clear that anything below five years is a despicable misrepresentation of what it actually is. Now kindly shut up.

Posted by Arczu

M-moving on... I think that they will set the release date quite further because of what I like to call a "Savoring period". We can put together all of the story from the three games we have now and make predictions on what that thir game might eventually be. I've almost beat the KH2 once and I'm ready to start a new one already.

Screeshots or news might start coming around that time though.

Posted by Winky

I'd kill to help develop kh3

Posted by Red

does anyone know when they plan to end this serires me and my friend have a feeling the next one will be the last but I want them to continue. does anyone have any idea?

Posted by Arczu

Maybe it should be the last. Something like this CANNOT go on for too long of a time. Otherwise the hype setting up the next game will end up destroying it when it comes out and people find it's not what they wanted.

People are already going on about how KH2 wasn't this or that, so imagine what some people could end up saying about 3 when they finally play it.

Posted by jorge1116

i read that they are going to realse some info in about 2 years.

Posted by Wally The Weird

The major determining factor though, is us.
Because lets face it, Square is probably reading these boards and using us as unpaid idea-whores. Then they are going to take the good ideas, add a dash of graphics, staple it together, and BAM, KH3.

Post apoctoliptic war worlds with Riku and Sora 5 years older and totaly anniahlating a wave of heartless would be pretty kewl.

Posted by princess_of_hearts15

OMG i heard it's gonna be a prequel to the original, with a keyblade war or something...my friend thinks they're gonna have to get maleficent again...idkk i just know i cant wait to see this, i dont think they can top what they did...but ya never know...

Posted by Sephiroth89

I heard that its coming out in 2009. But then this guy i know said his friend or grampa or something is helping deliver the game and that if we're lucky it'll come out this winter. (I don't think it will till 09 or later im just sayin what he said)

Posted by Kingdomkeys

[quote=Kingdom_Hearts_Adict]I really cant see it being more than 4 years to tell the truth, if Numora has an idea and only one other project to work on it wont take them that long, besides we dont know for sure that KH3 will come out on PS3 i dont remember hearing Numora saying anything like that. Also like i said that magizine interview was after the Japanese release so the other project is almost definately being worked on

ok they are going to make it on ps3 right, so it going to take longer becuse they have to start from the ground up(geting use to ps3)
and the other games so probely around 08 and 2011[IMG]http://vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG]

Posted by Roxas Lover

Quoting Sephiroth89: But then this guy i know said his friend or grampa or something is helping deliver the game and that if we're lucky it'll come out this winter.

No.I highly doubt that the game will come out this winter if the PS3 is coming out this year.And besides Nomura still has to release Final Fantasy Verses XIII.

Posted by Oathkeeper10

Quoting jorge1116: i read that they are going to realse some info in about 2 years.

Gawd, I really hope not...T^T

Posted by Ayu

The only thing tht we know is tht it is going to take a very long time yet it kinda stinks tht Nomura would work on another game before KH3 since Kh2 was a huge success:( Hopefully the game hes workin on now will be good and keep us at least a little occupied while they work on kh3

Posted by Roxas Lover

Nomura's new game is called Final Fantasy Verses XIII.And I don't think that it will take that long to make because I saw that Gamestop thinks it going to be shipped to America next year.

Posted by jefferey shalome

that one is using the same combat system as kh2. I think

Posted by Roxas Lover

Quoting Dakota H: Who is that a picture of on the left hand side on your screen???????......

What???

Posted by chaser3592

chasers,memories of xemnas,a keyblade war these are the quotes we find in the secret ending of kh2 nomura clearly states in an interveiw that the controled character and affiliats in kh3 will be an origional.supposedly xeonhort lost his memory before he came to ansem as an apprentace. my theory it takes place before kh. the "armored knights" who i beleive are the chasers create and dispurse the keyblades to those with strong hearts. i get this from the definition of chaser wich states a chaser is a forger of metal into weapons.there are four chasers one of light ,one of dark ,one of twighlight ,one of dawn.hence the four roads they apear from.the one of dark is xeonhort he is not present in the ending because he has lost his memory and is lost somewhere. sora,micky ,andrikus keys are the three to be dispursed to the greatest heros of all.hence the three in the middle of the cross roads.the game will be about how xeonhort who without memory becomes evil and power hungry to fill the void where his memories were.the feild of key blades come from a time whene all hearts aere strong and a keyblade was common to have.eventualy greed and power hunger led to a great keyblade war.the chasers interveined and stopped the fighting .only to make keyblades rare and mostly unheard of.you most likely wil be the chaser of light who i believe is the on with the one with the huge golden key with prongs on both sides. one problem i see is the lack of usable disney characters. if anyone can counter theory this or find flaws please post them.

Posted by Roxas Lover

That theory needs to go in the KH3 theory thread.

Posted by keyartist

I like the greed theory.

Posted by Roxas23857

Yeah it was good.

Posted by chaser3592

THANKS GUYS IT TOOK SOME TIME AND RESEARCH TO GET THE THEORY. OH I JUST GOT A NEW DOG AND I NAMED HER KAIRI!COOL HUH?

Posted by NeXidala

well i randomly heard for my friend that bcuz ps3 isnt out they are going to split khIII into 2 games the first half is going to be on the PSP and the 2nd half is gonna be on the ps3 after all the euphoria of final fantsy dies down so the sales dont cancel each other out.....u guys think this cud be possible?

Posted by Kingdomkeys

y would they split the game for

Posted by NeXidala

i dont kno that was what my friend said, im jus repostin in case it mightb tru...u kno like they did with CoM, but i dont really kno i was jus sayin it MIGHT b possible

Posted by Kingdomkeys

i dont think so becuse if they did do that it would take another year and its allready going to be a long time till the 3rd one comes out and there allready are mad people becaues they havent got the 2nd one yet [IMG]http://www.vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG]
thats all im sayin[IMG]http://www.vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG]

Posted by Ayu

i highly doubt tht they will split the game wouldnt make sense...and it would take to long

Posted by NeXidala

i kno i was jus say!!!!!!!!:thunder: anyways i think i t will b released around 2009 or 2010

Posted by antisora

Quoting NeXidala: i kno i was jus say!!!!!!!!:thunder: anyways i think i t will b released around 2009 or 2010

That would suck if it did. Hopefully they make a game in between that time.

Posted by Kingdomkeys

most likly it will be that long becuse like i said befor the game is going to be on ps3 so there going to have alot to do befor the game is ready

Posted by Roxas23857

Plus Nomura is working on another project so do expect to wait for this game.

Posted by Moogs

Quoting Arczu]