Resi 4 was ruined!

Posted by Bebop

Resi 4 was ruined for me! The twists and turns of the games story was revealed to me in the latest issue of NGC.

If you DO NOT want RESI 4's story, twists or anything ruined for you before it hits UK shelves than do NOT read the rather extensive RESI 4 review in the new NGC.

It contains screenshots of new enimes, enviornments and 'reveals' stuff. That's all I'm saying and hopefully some of the American memebrs here will re-strain from posting anything revealing.

This has really ticked me off. I didn't mean to look now it's ruined! Still a great twist methinks and certainly unexpected but I would have preferred to not have seen. :bowser: :bowser: :bowser: :bowser: :bowser:

Posted by Megatron

That will teach ya to read. :P

Posted by Fate

Oh, dear. Don't read anything else about the game. The twist is to die for.

Posted by Fiindil

Another reason to support anti-literacy campaigns!

Posted by Buneasta

Yeah, most of these magazines give you information that is either not accurate, or there are times when you wish they would mark spoilers. And everything we knew about it a few years ago was abandoned.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yea, magazines need to either print a disclaimer, or fair warning for spoilers to up-comming games. Suggestive examples, such as: "Warning! Spoilers! The next few pages contain material that may waste your time with said up-comming game, or ruin your outlook of said title. You may want to fork your eyes out right now, and put this book back on the shelf. NOW!"

Sorry Bebop for your loss. But don't let it get you down, or influence your options towards this other-wise fantastic game. Go ahead and disavow any knowledge spit in your face by these tabloids, and just enjoy the game for yourself when it comes out. Like a good gamer should.

Posted by Speedfreak

Wow, that's a first, they normally go to great lengths not to reveal too much of the story.

Posted by Buneasta

That's why I hardly ever buy magazines, except for walkthroughs.

Posted by boomstick

Well, Bebop I wouldn't say the whole game is ruined for you, but the story, which is unfortunate, but I hope it won't discourage you from a purchase of the game.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

That's a real shame. The storyline is one of the many hooks of the game.

"Readers be warned" never sounded so true.

Posted by Unite

The story in resident evil 4 isn't great at all . If you read the wesker report like i did a few years ago. You will have to wait for resident evil 5 hopefully.

Posted by Bebop

I'm still buying the game so don't worry ;-*

Posted by Buneasta

This game has been many years in the making. It was originally planned for the PS2 and in the early news Leon Scott Kennedy from Resident Evil 2 returns. It is now going to the Gamecube and the PS2. This has not changed, but Leon no longer gets infected with a new virus. He doesn't go to destroy Umbrella either as they are also gone. But we don't know if these scenes will still be included in the final version.

After getting out of Raccoon City, Leon is assigned to rescue the president's daughter in Europe. Upon arrival he meets some very vicious people that try to murder him. They see Leon as a threat for reasons unkown and they attack Leon with sharp weapons and one of them has a chainsaw, but Leon this time around has more weapons and he can throw grenades at them. Ashley Graham is the second playable character. She is the daughter of the president and you will have to make sure she doesn't die or get captured. There is also a lady in this game called Ingrid that many people believe is Ada Wong with a new identity. So are you dying to play this game or what? I'm refering to those who live in the UK.

Posted by Virgo

Recently I saw a recorded walkthrough, for this game which my brother has and I watched the full 30 minutes of it and I have to say it's the blinken best Resident Evil game I have ever seen.

The way the game looks it makes you feel like your in the game...makes you feel that your a friend of Leon or a hired gun man , because the camera is like behind him all the time all through the game. The graphics in the game looks so real! I could'nt beleive my eyes...this game has got to be one of the best for looking so realistic, and I nearly forgot to mention the crows in the game look like part of the ground and part of the trees.

If I was playing this game I would just walk past the crows and not notice them until they would proberly attack me....but I think the reason why you have to shot the crows , is to get points. Well that should give some people some tips about the game.
While I was watching it on the demo of course, the part where your in a Forest I think that's really creepy and it makes the game more exciting because it gives you the feeling of "Watch Your Back! ", or "What's In This Forest!". My brother (Grace Saunders) he is gonna get the American version so he can play it sooner rather than wait on it coming out here in March. So once I watch my brother play all of the game, Ill have a go at it.

So how many other people on this board wants to get this game?

Has anybody else saw the walkthrough for this game yet, if so please tell me what you thought of it and give your options on if you like the look of it or not.

Thanks. :-)

Regards Maz XxX

Posted by Buneasta

I can agree. The graphics are the best ever, but they look as if they were painted.

I knew right away the villagers were being controlled. The plot was kind of predictable.

I can't wait until my copy arrives this month. The adverts look awesome.

Posted by Noir

I got an American version, around when it first came out there. *luckyness* I havent gotten very far, but so far it is B-U-T-full. And Leon is no longer a personality-less, pussy virgin cop! (exuse me, I like him, but tis somewhat true)
It isnt so scary, just basically shooting villagers and avoiding getting your head chain-sawed off untill it turns night. *shudders*

Posted by Illyria110

Quoting Buneasta: That's why I hardly ever buy magazines, except for walkthroughs.

whats the point of even playing a game if you're going to read a walkthrough?

Posted by Buneasta

Walkthroughs help you solve stuff.

Posted by Buneasta

So is it more like Quake or something?

Posted by Izonik

Quoting Bebop: I'm still buying the game so don't worry ;-*

Good on you!
Resi 4 rules! I have many bad memories of game magazines ruining games...

Quoted post: Walkthroughs help you solve stuff.

If you need a walkthrough for RE4, you shouldn't play video games.

Posted by Bebop

GAH! MORE JUST GOT RUINED! CAPITALS ARE SHOUTING!

I was galncing through a differant mag and saw more rvelaing stuff! Stuff I didnt know was going to happen! AAARRRRGGGHHH!!! *hits head on cat*

Posted by squirlboy

I have a question is the European version different from the version we have in America?

Posted by Buneasta

No. The covers are the only thing that are different.

Posted by Bebop

I think the US version has better box art than us Europeans.

Posted by squirlboy

Are there any different games then American Games in the UK?

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Buneasta: I can agree. The graphics are the best ever, but they look as if they were painted.

[COLOR=Yellow]Huh? What? Huh?[/COLOR]

Posted by Dragon X

This game rocks

Posted by Noir

Quoting Dragon X: This game rocks

Yes, it certainly does. But why does it have to take so long (28th of March) to translate into French?! :bowser:
'Tis fine. I just wanted to hear what Leon would sound like speaking it. *oscar*

[url]www.jeuxfrance.com[/url]
Has alot of info on the European release of RE4...or at least the French one. (It has a crappy English translation, but an English translation to say the least if you want to look at it.)
And to answer SquirrelBoy's question, I do not know much about UK games, except I know that Japanese games tend to be translated into America first, using American voice actors. I doubt they would change the voice actors for others speaking the same language. But, of course, they're are quite a few games that get released in Europe that don't in America, and vice-versa.

And all the box art has on the European version is a dark background with "Resident Evil 4" on it. The American version has a hot sexy pic of Leon and the Chainsaw man and everything!

Posted by Bebop

Quoting squirlboy: Are there any different games then American Games in the UK?

Some US games don't make it over shores and in rare cases vice versa (Doshin the Giant). Games are normally delyaed in Europe for legal reasons (regulations and crap), translations (as developers like to release games acorss Europe at the same time) and sometimes as a testing ground or some sort of twisted marketting scheme.

Posted by Illyria110

i hate ashley she's an annoying little putz

Posted by squirlboy

Oh did ya'll get Call of Duty: Finest Hour in the UK?

Posted by Bebop

Quoting squirlboy: Oh did ya'll get Call of Duty: Finest Hour in the UK?

Yes...

Posted by Yume

I don't like the fact that there are no zombies. I was wating for more zombies not village people. It was a good game, you just can't think of the last resident evil games when you play it.

Posted by squirlboy

I personally think it is BS that they didn't put Umbrella iin this and wait till RE5 to have the fall of Umbrella. The idea of a village full of zombies and those monster put together would make an awsome effect. Instead of the villagers bieng infested. Any one agree?

Quoting squirlboy: I personally think it is BS that they didn't put Umbrella iin this and wait till RE5 to have the fall of Umbrella. The idea of a village full of zombies and those monster put together would make an awsome effect. Instead of the villagers bieng infested. Any one agree?

Nope.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting squirlboy: I personally think it is BS that they didn't put Umbrella iin this and wait till RE5 to have the fall of Umbrella. The idea of a village full of zombies and those monster put together would make an awsome effect. Instead of the villagers bieng infested. Any one agree?

Thanks for ruining the game. :)

Posted by squirlboy

I am so sory, I really didn't mean to ruin it for you. I completly forgot about that. Please accept my appology.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting squirlboy: I am so sory, I really didn't mean to ruin it for you. I completly forgot about that. Please accept my appology.
[COLOR=SandyBrown][FONT=Fixedsys]Don't worry about it. You really didn't ruin anything. What you said is common knowledge. I dunno what Bebop said that for.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by squirlboy

I think what bebop was refering to was one of the threads saying the game was ruined. I jus don't want to get on anybodies nerves in here.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Last Fog: [COLOR=SandyBrown][FONT=Fixedsys]Don't worry about it. You really didn't ruin anything. What you said is common knowledge. I dunno what Bebop said that for.[/FONT][/COLOR]

It wasnt Umbrella or their being no zombies. It was the word "infested". The connotations gave me an idea and are unofficially confirmed with the screenshots I've seen. He hasnt really ruined it. I was just exaggerating. Although other members who have not played the game could have had it ruined by your comment. Say "bloody Mary" 75 times or something.

Posted by Last Fog

[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=SandyBrown]What the hell are you talking about? :dunno:[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Last Fog: [FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=SandyBrown]What the hell are you talking about? :dunno:[/COLOR][/FONT]

I say Squirrel ruined it.
You say you dont know what Im talking about.
Me explain.

Posted by Bebop

Resi 4 was release in ol Blighty yesterday. My chum and I were up at the crack of dawn to go and buy it. Pity it's very sunny now because I have to wait for night to play it to it's full effect.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Bebop: Resi 4 was release in ol Blighty yesterday. My chum and I were up at the crack of dawn to go and buy it. Pity it's very sunny now because I have to wait for night to play it to it's full effect.
[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=SandyBrown]No, play it now. The first hour or two takes place in broad daylight, so it really doesn't matter. Play the ****IN GAME!! NOW!![/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Dragon X

Quoting Bebop: Resi 4 was release in ol Blighty yesterday. My chum and I were up at the crack of dawn to go and buy it. Pity it's very sunny now because I have to wait for night to play it to it's full effect.

SHUT UP AND PLAY THE **** GAME NOW!

Posted by Seproth

I just bought the game,and so far the game is pretty cool.

Posted by Dragon X

I've been playing it for a while and it gets pretty hard.But I find most of the boss fights easy

Posted by Noir

Quoting Dragon X: I've been playing it for a while and it gets pretty hard.But I find most of the boss fights easy

I actually find the opposite. The actual gameplay to me, I fly through it. But the boss fights I usually get stuck on. The first El Gigante really took me a while. I had to get my younger sister to beat him. *shrugs* I dunno why.

And I f***king hate Ashley also, the little putain. It was my mistake to see the spoiler, (how it ended) and...oooh, I killed Ashley about three times after that.
And Leon too. But I wouldnt like Ada anymore either after what she did. Ah well. I may know the ending, but not the twist. All is not ruined. (Like poor baby Bebop ;D )

Posted by Bebop

I have completed it now. I know the plot. :)

I thought the last boos was very easy. The 2 bosses previous were much harder. "it" especially.

Posted by Last Fog

[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=SandyBrown]Wow, you beat the game in just four days?! You must have played non stop.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Quoted post: Wow, you beat the game in just four days?! You must have played non stop.

It's less than a twenty hour game. Very easy to beat in four days.

Anyways, the bosses were indeed easy. Salazar would have been the only one to pose a problem, but I had a bazooka lying around, so it was also easy.

Posted by squirlboy

I have a question what is the claw comming out of Krauser's arm? I was just wondering exactly what it is because it looked like it was more metalic then flesh.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Last Fog: [FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=SandyBrown]Wow, you beat the game in just four days?! You must have played non stop.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Got it Friday night and finished it on monday night. it is short but very, very, VERY sweet.

Posted by Bebop

Started profesional. Man, it is tough. These villagers eat bullets like M 'n Ms. Not even Yupac could take that many bullets!

Posted by The Flash

I have beat this game 22 times...it's boring now though. Just take your time with the game, because I can't even really play the game anymore because i wupped the crap out of it. I got all the unlockable weapons, and everything in the game is now memorized. There just isn't any point in playing it anymore, however I will still keep the game seeing as it is *** like. The end of the game kinda disapointed me, and left me with an odd sense of...blah.....

Posted by Bebop

Quoting The Flash: I have beat this game 22 times...it's boring now though. Just take your time with the game, because I can't even really play the game anymore because i wupped the crap out of it. I got all the unlockable weapons, and everything in the game is now memorized. There just isn't any point in playing it anymore, however I will still keep the game seeing as it is *** like. The end of the game kinda disapointed me, and left me with an odd sense of...blah.....

22 times? Its inevitble youll get bored. The ending was rather....blah but only because not much of this new story was given away. Wait for Resident Evil 5.

Posted by buddha

Quoting Buneasta: So is it more like Quake or something?

No its nothing like quake.YOU have a perspective a little similer to splinter cell but the aiming of all your weapons is a lot easier than in splinter cell.The game is a hell of a lot more action orientated than in other resident evils but is all the better for it.

Posted by buddha

Quoting Vampiro: It's less than a twenty hour game. Very easy to beat in four days.

Anyways, the bosses were indeed easy. Salazar would have been the only one to pose a problem, but I had a bazooka lying around, so it was also easy.

I wish they left out the bazooka because it takes away from the challenge of beating a boss.At the very least you should be rewarded for completing the game without ever using the bazooka.(I havent finished the game yet without any use of the bazooka but im about half way there and just hoping)

Posted by Bebop

I couldnt afford the rocket launcher as I was too busy upgrading weapons.

Posted by Noir

Quoting Bebop: I couldnt afford the rocket launcher as I was too busy upgrading weapons.

Everytime I try to upgrade my weapons, it deletes the...thing of the weapons. The little...words. Like where it says "Fireing speed, blah, reload speed, blah," et cetera. And I waste mah Picaso's or what ever they are. Peso's. Pinto's. I need to go back to English class. Or maybe take spanish :(
My monies. :bowser: But I have a bad tendancy to skip thru everything, so...you know. I get impatient when I have a hard time understanding the language. Perhaps I should have just waited for the French version. (Which came out yesterday!!! XD)

Posted by Litbut

Walkthroughs are only needed for really hard games. Like Super Mario Sunshine XD

Posted by powerpuff

Quoting Bebop: Started profesional. Man, it is tough. These villagers eat bullets like M 'n Ms. Not even Yupac could take that many bullets!

Don't you mean 50 cent?

Why is 5 only coming out for ps2?

Posted by buddha

Quoting Buneasta: Walkthroughs help you solve stuff.

true, but they completely ruin the feeling of accomplishment which is the best feeling you can gat in games.Imagine being stuck on a puzzle or boss for a really long time and then after a load of effert and patience you finally beat it by yourself rather than retreating to a walkthrough.The feeling is like a drug.

Posted by buddha

MERCENARIES!! Anyone manage to get 5 stars on all stages with all characters yet!
its pretty tough but you only truely feel like you have completed the game once you have done it all.plus you unlock somthing that I sure as hell wont spoil!

Posted by Biozone

I have beaten all the mercenary missons with a five star rating but with one person Hunk I just can't keep enough ammo to get a 5 star rating on Water World.

Posted by Max Mouse

Try using his neck beaker move or that kick move to conserve your ammo(it works for me).

Posted by skanster

Resi 4 is da best gc game out 2 date!

but it does get a bit ruined 2wards da end :(

level ranking(1=bad 3=exellent): village:*** castle:*** island: *

Posted by Max Mouse

Quoting buddha: MERCENARIES!! Anyone manage to get 5 stars on all stages with all characters yet!
its pretty tough but you only truely feel like you have completed the game once you have done it all.plus you unlock somthing that I sure as hell wont spoil!

I already completed the game in February. I got the Infinite Rocket launcher, Chicago typewriter, and the Handcannon.

Posted by Illyria110

Hey, did anyone beat "assignment ada"? What do you get, if anything?

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Illyria110: Hey, did anyone beat "assignment ada"? What do you get, if anything?

The Chicago Typewriter is unlocked.

Posted by Mini Rebew

Quoting Roger Smith: The Chicago Typewriter is unlocked.

well, you can buy it....and i highly recomend it, it pwns all the zombies

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Mini Rebew: well, you can buy it....and i highly recomend it, it pwns all the zombies

Well....that is what I meant.