Halo 2 for PC

Posted by loony636

Finally definate news has come out about Halo 2 for PC.

Quoting Gamespot:
Halo 2 headed to PC; new OS required
Master Chief and fellow Space Marines say, "Hasta la Vista"; Microsoft Game Studios to develop Halo 2 for PC and its next-gen operating system.
By Tim Surette, GameSpot
Posted Feb 9, 2006 10:08 am PT

If PC users are having trouble deciding whether to move over to Windows Vista, Microsoft's next-generation operating system, when it is released later this year, the fact that the fate of the Earth depends on it may tip the scales. Microsoft Game Studios today announced that it is developing Halo 2 for the PC.

The game will be only for Vista, and it's being developed in partnership with the franchise's original developer, Bungie Studios. The PC version will include Halo 2, the bonus maps that came in the Multiplayer Map Pack, and the ability to "build, create, and customize their own multiplayer levels." No release date or other details have been announced.

Last week, questions arose when Bungie revealed it was hiring PC programmers to help "work on the biggest franchises for Microsoft Game Studios." Many presumed that Bungie would be porting Halo 2 to the PC in-house, unlike the PC version of Halo, which was developed by Brothers in Arms creator Gearbox Studios.

Halo 2, now more than a year old, is the best-selling Xbox game of all time. Bungie has not yet announced its next project. For more information on Halo 2, read GameSpot's full review of the Xbox version. For more information on Windows Vista, check out GameSpot's feature on the operating system.

Excellent. A map editor will eliminate the need for a third-party release of a editable Halo version (ie, Halo CE). The only downside is that you need Vista, and that sucks. But other than that, all thumbs are up.

Posted by XxLionheartXx

To my own opinoin i think halo is going to suck on the PC for some reason, well if you think about it you will have a pretty good graphics card for it because the graphics are awesome and plus its easier to play multiplayer on the xbox because all you have to do it subscribe for Xbox Live..... soo i think thumbs down for it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Does Windows Vista have some form of special application that can make the single player good? Otherwise I don't see why it can only be on Vista.

:(

Posted by Skitzo Control

As long as it's not a lazy port, as Halo 1 was, it'll be good. However, I'm not quite sure how they're going to do some things properly (IE Plasma Pistol lock-on, Sword-lunges) without auto-aim.

Posted by XxLionheartXx

see thats the stuff i hate. auto aim and all that nonsense!

Posted by beatdown121

:link2: if you ask me i ay its a good idea.

Posted by Switch.Wolf

Halo 2 for the PC is mostly a gimmic. Originally Bungie said they would not put Halo 2 on the PC. Then after Windows Vista is announced they say they will. I see it as a gimmic for gamers to buy the more expensive version or any version of Vista. Microsoft is producing the game after all!

Halo 1 for PC was bad enough online. Can't imagine Halo 2! ;P

Posted by Arczu

People screaming into their mics "OMFG you cheat cheater!" or "I totally owned you lamers!" or whatever else you hear.

It's only for Windows Vista eh? Interesting.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoted post: Halo 2 headed to PC; new OS required
Master Chief and fellow Space Marines say, "Hasta la Vista"

Wtf? The Master Chief is not a Space Marine.

Posted by Apathetic

I agree with Skitzo, if the ports are crap then suck. The map editor will be cool but I wonder if it will lag much if you can put in unlimited things. Is the mod for halo 1 even good?

Posted by i am lion

I think its going to be awesome for PC's, even if its only on Vista

Posted by ~Snake~

dude it doesnt matter its so much better for the XboX

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting ~Snake~: dude it doesnt matter its so much better for the XboX

What a n00b. First, it's not 'XBOX', nor is it 'XbOX', or even 'XboX'. It's 'Xbox'.
Second, you're wrong. Games on the PC are generally considered to be better, by people far more intelligent than you.

Anyway, it will probably use DirectX 10, which is only compatible with Vista.

Posted by ~Snake~

no its way funner on the box and anyway i spelled it like that to make it look cooler

Posted by AngelTY

i agree with snake xbox is funner