Have you ever played an NES megaman game?

Posted by Keael

I own them all. What about you? Is it possible to be alive without ever playing an NES megaman game?

Posted by Zeta

I own them, thanks to MegaMan Anniversary Collection.

Posted by Dexter

I've played them all but I have only been able to obtain 1, 2, 3, and 5 on cartridge. I've beaten all the ones that I own. I hope to find 4 and 6 in the near future, possibly before the end of summer. They should definitely be in my collection, especially 4, since that isn't too difficult to get. 6, on the other paw, seems to be a rarer find or at least a bit more expensive. After I get them all and have beaten them all, my goal is to move on to the Super Nintendo Mega Man games, which I hear are also excellent adventures.

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

[COLOR="Black"]I have played the orriginal NES versions.
But like Zeta, I own them because of Anniversary Collection.[/COLOR]

Posted by Zeta

I played the original NES versions, too.

...via roms >=3

Posted by Dexter

I sometimes feel like I am the only one left who likes collecting cartridges and playing games on their actual systems. :(

Not that I don't use ROMS. I would never be able to play Bard's Tale 2 without playing the ROM. Bubble Bath Babes is, like, impossible to find, so I'm thankful for ROMS. I have Mega Man 6 on ROM, but I'm still going to get the actual game when I stumble upon it.

Posted by Keael

I would also be a cartidge collector if I had a job. I just got a job on Friday, so i guess I can start now! I've always seen cartridges at flea markets, garage sales, the salvation army, thrift stores, EBgames, etc.

Oh, and Dexter, I'd mail you my copy of Megaman 4 but the cartridge is cracked (I hate accidently stepping on precious things) and it has permanent marker on it by someone who owned it before me. So I don't think you'd want it. But I have Megaman 3, and I used to have 2 but it stopped working... I think a prong got snapped off or something.

I do own MMAC for xbox thogh!

Posted by Stalolin

I only need Megaman 5 to complete my collection.

And why don't people post these things in the Megaman board? :(

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Stalolin: And why don't people post these things in the Megaman board? :(

Because the Mega Man forum is seriously lame.

Does anyone know what happens after you defeat all the regular stages in Mega Man 6? Is the journey that follows lengthy and enjoyable? Is Mega Man 6 really the most difficult Mega Man game on the NES? I would go through it entirely, but I've been waiting until I can do so on the actual system and when I'm finished with my current adventures.

Posted by Keael

"Is the journey that follows lengthy and enjoyable?"
It most certainly is! Maybe not as long as Megaman 4 (two castles), and it's pretty fun.

"Is Mega Man 6 really the most difficult Mega Man game on the NES?"
Not in my opinion. Megaman 1 is the hardest for me. Since you have the megabuster in this game, you have a chance to kill the guys without their weakness, and if you find out what everyone's weaknesses are, you'll be cruising through the game.

"I would go through it entirely, but I've been waiting until I can do so on the actual system and when I'm finished with my current adventures."
Good decision! Playing games on the actual system makes the games many more times enjoyable. Unfortunately for me, you have to press the B and Down buttons pretty hard for them to work, so I play MM games on my xbox via MM aniversary collection.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Since I've never played a Megaman title before, I'm gonna have to say no. I've always meant to start them up, though, I just haven't had the time/money/massive interest in doing so. Since they're popular, I wanted to see why, mainly.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Dexter: I sometimes feel like I am the only one left who likes collecting cartridges and playing games on their actual systems. :(

I would love to have an NES to hook up and play, but it costs money, and the games cost money. Plus there aren't that many places around here to buy NES systems or games. I don't go to garage sales anymore, so I just have to make do with roms. Sometimes, I hate it. Especially when playing games that are a lot more fun to play with the original controller.

I have to say, though, I don't miss the old days of:
1. Try to start up game
2. Pull out cartridge and check it
3. Blow on cartridge if needed(yeah it's bad for the contacts, but gaming is a pleasure even if not longlived)
4. Try game again
5. Check wires
6. Try game again
7. Pound on NES
8. Try game again
9. Repeat all steps if game still doesn't work

Posted by Keael

10. Use thumb and index finger to hold onto the part of the cartridge that is sticking out, and wiggle it left and right while pulling it out (while it's pushed down).

Sorta figured that one out myself when I was a kid.

Oh, and:

11. Throw game in the garbage (goodbye, Megaman 2 :()

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Dexter: I sometimes feel like I am the only one left who likes collecting cartridges and playing games on their actual systems. :(

Not that I don't use ROMS. I would never be able to play Bard's Tale 2 without playing the ROM. Bubble Bath Babes is, like, impossible to find, so I'm thankful for ROMS. I have Mega Man 6 on ROM, but I'm still going to get the actual game when I stumble upon it.

I was very anti-emulator for a long time, still am I suppose. but logistically speaking, there's no way I can ever get a complete cart collection (even finding room for my 180+ is tough, forget about 700+). so now i'm trying to go through all my games and only hold onto the ones I actually enjoy and will play more than once.

given the choice, i would much rather play on the console than through an emulator. unless you have those imprints in your thumbs from playing for 6hrs straight, it doesn't count in my book. the only good thing i like about emulators is i can finally get a chance to play those rare games that i will most likely never come across in my lifetime, and for link-up play with other people. despite the lag, connectivity issues, and various other whatnots, its still better than nothing. plus, now i have even more confidence in saying i'm the Super-D-Dooper bestest Dr. Mario player out there since i've easily squashed all of you who've tried to dethrone the queen.

Posted by gamerz

actually, I had a friend who owned megaman 1-6 on the nes. So yea, I've had a chance to play them all without the help of an emulator.

Posted by Momentum

There are some of us left, Dex. I use emulators for imports, only, the little I have used them.

And oh yeah, I've played Mega Man once or twice on my NES.

Later

Posted by Tyler Durden

I've had the pleasure of playing all 6 NES megaman titles, at one point in time. I faintly remember renting them, one after the other. Beating the [then] entire series in succession. That's as far as my venture goes. I now own the MM Anni collection, and from time to time, take a few runs through it. MM2 will always be my favorite.

Posted by Keael

Yeah. Megaman 2 is the best of all of them. Go crashman!!

Posted by Proto Man

I actually owned 3 and 5 a couple years ago. They were the best IMO.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I played a few via collections but not really but the first 2 or 3 on the Nintendo

Posted by neofreak91

I remember in the good old days a friend who owned all the mega man
I played them all but I have only mega man 1 and mega man 4 complete