Timesplitters 3

Posted by Izonik

Oh, yeah, this is looking good! Aside from the retarded 18 rating, I've played the first level on a demo disk and was blown away. The graphics are stunning, and the action is 100000 times more furious than in TS2.
Anyone else played this, because it's looking good. Very good.

Posted by Klarth

pray tell, where'd you get the demo disc?

Posted by Dexter

Interesting. So it really will have an M rating, huh? I didn't think it would happen, honestly. From what you played of it, do you think it deserves such a rating? Any information on the level making methods or multiplayer? I would adore more details.

Posted by Klarth

all I know about the game is that there'll be a variety of vehicles (like a certain other familiar console-based fps), a continuation of TSII's plot, and the bbfc 18-rating it will earn in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Which is on top of the 18+ game classification it's already received. Which is odd, as it'll only be getting a 16+ "M" rating in the US.

Posted by Izonik

I played it at a friend's house. He got the disk off a PS2 magazine.

And no, i think it should have a 16+ rating. There's a lot of blood, but there's nowhere near enough to make it an 18+.
(or M, or whatever they call it in the US)

Oh, and as for info...

The weapons you got to use in the demo were Sci-Fi handgun, Plasma Autorifle (both of which have been completely reinvented) and Sci-Fi Sniper. The first level is with Cortez, back on Earth, helping the mArines take on the Splitters. It's a huge war scene, like Medal of Honour, but much, much better!
The Splitters are a bit weird, like huge brown monkeys, but they still turn invisible and fire lightning.
Blood is okay. All that really happens is that the blood appears at people's feet, it doesn't really spurt up or anything.

To sum up-incredible!

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

does it take as long to kill someone with a non-explosive gun like it does in TS 2??

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Izonik]He got the disk off a PS2 magazine.

playstation forum, maybe?

Meh, it's going to be the same game on each platform regardless. Should be great by the sounds of things.

Posted by Izonik

Quoting Abraxas: playstation forum, maybe?

Are you serious? Just because I got it off a PS2 magazine! (I own the GC, hate the PS2, so I'm gonna post it here! Muhaha!)

It doesn't take THAT long to kill enemies, but the only bad guys there were were reapers and scourge splitters, so you can't really tell for sure.
(the reapers to a while to take down. About 5 seconds of autorifle fire)
:gas:

Posted by loony636

The game is actually called: Timesplitters Future Perfect. From the screenshots it looks good and the release date is March 2005, so it shouln't be too long before it comes out. I hope that it is as good as Timesplitters 2.

Posted by Izonik

Quoting loony636: The game is actually called: Timesplitters Future Perfect.

Yeah, we know that, it's just that it's such a mouthful that almost no-one calls it Future Prefect. (a take on 'Future Imperfect)

Posted by Dexter

Quoting loony636: the release date is March 2005.

Seriously? Shouldn't there be more information out about the game? I have barely seen anything about it. Only a few screenshots. Where's the hype?

Posted by loony636

I don't know. I just looked on the Nintendo website and it said that the release date was March 2005. Just look here: http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=1c2b9a71-0f28-4174-ab7f-db49a2c1eca1&

Quoting Nintendo: Release Date: Mar 2005

See what I mean. If there really is a demo disk out there, then it shouldn't be too long until the game comes out, but I agree that March is a bit unrealistic.

Posted by Looski

Yeh, it is coming out this month. I must admit, I have never played a time splitter. I'm gunna go get TS2 before playing TS3. :) Does anyone know if the infamous co-op is in this game! I LOVE co-op. luv luv luv

Edit: Just went on nintendo website listed above and it says 2 players simultaneous

Posted by loony636

yes, that means that the 'infamous' co-op is in the game. By the way, why is it infamous? It was really good in Timesplitters 2, except that I kept accidentaly killing my team-mate. I really recommend you get Timesplitters 2 before you get Timesplitters 3 just to get used to the style of gameplay and the type of storyline. How do you know that its coming out this month? If you just got it off the Nintendo website, that's the same place I got the release date too. I really don't think that nintendo could get a game out that fast, but if you have other info, please, share it with us.

Posted by I feel Yellow?

Quoting loony636: I don't know. I just looked on the Nintendo website and it said that the release date was March 2005. Just look here: http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=1c2b9a71-0f28-4174-ab7f-db49a2c1eca1&

When i want to a GAME shop in Canterbury last november they said the realease date was TBC 2004 ? (i know it isn't out yet)

and in a differnet shop this year I went to they convinced me it was alreay out and tried to flog me the origenal one for the PS1

Posted by loony636

Quoting I feel Yellow?: When i want to a GAME shop in Canterbury last november they said the realease date was TBC 2004 ? (i know it isn't out yet)

and in a differnet shop this year I went to they convinced me it was alreay out and tried to flog me the origenal one for the PS1

I will try to say this very slowely. You...need...remedial...spelling...help. I will point out the mistakes; when i want (hmmmmm, interesting), realease, differnet (differnet, is that a different type of internet?), alreay (really?), origenal (this is very origional spelling).

Putting aside the spelling errors, the origional Timesplitters is nowhere near as good as Timesplitters 2. The music sucked, the graphics sucked and the fact that they only put it on PS1 sucked too. Don't get it!

Also, when you were asking in these shops, you did ask for Timesplitters 3 right, not Timesplitters 2 or some other game?

Posted by I feel Yellow?

My spelling is always sh*t because some of the keys on my comuterare stuck down and its annoying and the space bar is rubbish, i definatly asked for the 3rd one though

Posted by loony636

Then I would never go there again becuase they are retarded. I would get your keyboard fixed though...

Posted by loony636

The game is out!!! Buy it now!!!

Posted by Izonik

Quoting loony636:
March is a bit unrealistic.

Oh, really?

Posted by loony636

So I was wrong. Okay, I just thought that March was a bit unrealistic.

Posted by Izonik

Quoting loony636: So I was wrong. Okay, I just thought that March was a bit unrealistic.

You betcha you were wrong, boy! Mu ha ha ha haaaaa! (don't worry, guys, I'm just joking)

Posted by captain caveman

na, the m rating is 17 and up. There is an 18 rating but there aren't really any games that have a rating like that. For a game to have a rating like 18 would probably have to have full frontal nudity or something like that, because game like gta get an M rating

Posted by loony636

I still don't understand why Timesplitters 3 would get an M rating. I mean, Timesplitters 2 got a T(Teen, 13 years and over) rating, how much worse could Timesplitters 3 be?

Posted by Speedfreak

After playing it I'm somewhat confused. There's about as much blood as in Halo 2, and Halo 2 doesn't have a rating at all.

Posted by Klarth

don't know if I'll get this or not. I'm planning on selling my gcn anyway.

[quote=Izonik]a take on 'Future Imperfect

um no. the future perfect is a tense in the english languge - to have done something.

Posted by Izonik

I know, but it could be. (this is Timesplitters!)

Posted by loony636

Does anyone here know where I can buy a PAL version of Timesplitters 3 in Australia? I can't find it anywhere. I can get an NTSC version, but then I need another thing to get it to play on my PAL GCN.:(