"Its-a-me -- Mario!"

Posted by Arczu

Who thinks Mario might have been better off without a voice. Or maybe what to really ask is, who thinks that Mario needs a push in a different direction?

I realize that most of his games now contain a fun-i-fied version of a sport, a board game or platforming goodness but, Is there really any other direction Mario could possibly go now? He is supposed to be known for his ability to jump very high, but now it just seems like he will be stuck rescuing the princess Peach over and over again while Bowser just keeps coming back for more. We need another conflic like what happened in Super Mario RPG.

Anybody agree?

Posted by talents

I agree it,s mostly mario saving peach.

Posted by GameMiestro

First Person Mario, The Legend Of Peach, and Bowsers Gate all sound like good game choices.

Posted by Grom

Arczu i totally agree with you, i loved Super Mario RPG i actually miss playing it, cause i sold my freakin SNES. He is kinda getting old doing the same thing it would be nice to see him go into another direction exactly like Super Mario RPG.
Same thing with sonic.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Partners in Time ring a bell? I know he rescued Peach in both of them, but the plotlines were definitely more intricate than in his first outing.

I think Mario's fine as he is. No more or less deviations from the formula. He's Nintendo's prime mascot, so he's obviously a good choice for Nintendo's new ideas, but that has to stop now. Back to Mario 128 plz Nintendo!

Posted by Linko_16

Mario has been in a lot of good games, but... I miss platforming. We need that Super Mario 64 sequel, Mr. Miyamoto!

Posted by Zeta

*coughNewSuperMarioBroscough*

Posted by muffla

i think a mario fps would b kinda kool and what ever happend to mario 180?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Strangely, I was just looking for Mario 64 on EBay yesterday. I thought his voice was fine.

But yes, Mario is getting pretty old. I just can't wait for the nearly-identical-to-the-last-four Mario Party 9 to come out. If I had to pick a best Mario Party it would be two...

Mario does need a new plot though, as Arczu said. Super Mario Sunshine had a new twist (the F.L.U.D.D.), but it had basically the same story, except a few meaningless changes.

Posted by Arczu

Quoting muffla: i think a mario fps would b kinda kool and what ever happend to mario 180?

...what?!

No way... a Mario FPS would be way to wierd to play. Not unless they revive the superscope, but that's not happenin'.

I did overlook the Superstar/Partners in time games and even the New Mario Bros game for the DS (dang that looked awesome). That's true about his mascotism too, though I wonder if they could get Mario into some sort of mingle that would be really interesting. Maybe having Peach being saved a side-plot or something else, not always the main focus if they can't avoid it.

Posted by Pit

Mario isn't getting old. The Mario spin-offs are.

He hasn't even been in that many games if you consider which ones are full length platformers.

Super Mario Bros 1. - Super Mario Bros 2. (Japan Lost Levels) - Super Mario Bros. 2 - Super Mario Bros. 3 - Super Mario World - Super Mario 64 - Super Mario Sunshine

Then the RPG's

Super Mario RPG - Paper Mario - Paper Mario 2 - Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga - Mario and Luigi 2: Partners in Time

Remakes:
Super Mario Advanced 1 - 4 (except Yoshi's Island, that was Yoshis game), Super Mario 64 DS, Super Mario All_Stars, and the one for the gameboy and stuff

When New Super Mario Bros. comes out, bam.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting muffla: i think a mario fps would b kinda kool and what ever happend to mario 180?

Yeah... how about a Super Mario MMORPG while we're at it. Knock on wood. Now that I think about it, that really wouldn't suprise me at this point...

Posted by Slade

Man what if they made a Mario DDR?? THAT'D BE RIDICULOUS!!

oh wai-

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Grom: Same thing with sonic.

[IMG]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000K3X9.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/IMG]
'Nuff... Said?

Posted by Zeta

I always thought that pose looked ridiculous.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Zeta: I always thought that pose looked ridiculous.

You mean the pose that just screams out "RADICAL!"?

Posted by Zeta

No, I mean the 'Hey, Im a *******!' look.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Zeta: Yeah, that one. I tried it, and it's somewhat uncomfortable. Or maybe I'm just out of shape.

And to think I thought you were gonna say this : "No, I mean the 'Hey, Im a *******!' look"

Posted by Zeta

Editted previous post to fulfill expectations.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Zeta: No, I mean the 'Hey, Im a *******!' look.

Yeah!

EDIT: That post made my day. It's too bad that there is only 2 hours left in the day for me... :(

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting muffla: i think a mario fps would b kinda kool

FLUDD in Super Mario Sunshine was originally designed to be a water gun before Nintendo decided to switch to something that didn't resemble a weapon. Don't count on a Mario FPS any time soon.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Linko_16: FLUDD in Super Mario Sunshine was originally designed to be a water gun before Nintendo decided to switch to something that didn't resemble a weapon. Don't count on a Mario FPS any time soon.

I wouldn't be too sure... Mario and guns go together. Mario is italian, Italians are in the mafia. The mafia likes guns!

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting NightmareBassX: I wouldn't be too sure... Mario and guns go together. Mario is italian, Italians are in the mafia. The mafia likes guns!

But the mafia usually owns an Italian restaraunt/pizzaria. Mario is a plumber. There's no such thing as a mafia-plumber!

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting GoldenMyr: But the mafia usually owns an Italian restaraunt/pizzaria. Mario is a plumber. There's no such thing as a mafia-plumber!

Not yet, there isn't.

Posted by GameMiestro

Super Mafia Bros=mafia plumber=dumb

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Coming Soon: Grand Theft Yoshi

Posted by GameMiestro

Mario's life of crime was all fun and games until Luigi had to "sleep with the fishes".

Heh, I like it...

Posted by Meteordragon01

Resident Mario (Resident Evil)

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting GameMiestro: Mario's life of crime was all fun and games until Luigi had to "sleep with the fishes".

Heh, I like it...

Mario caught Luigi messing around with Peach...

Posted by Grom

OMG, I was quoted, and i saw it, pimptastic, or really pimptastafabulous. Thanx NightmarebassX

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Grom Hellscream?

Posted by Grom

Actually yes. I used his name on a character for guild wars Grom the Savior, and since Havok was taken when i tried to get into VGC. I went with Grom.:) Off the top of my head kinda thing. Let me guess, Magic the Gathering. lol

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Hells yeah.