Nintendo should make a metroid MMORPG...

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Metriod is one of those series which would make a good leap into the online playing field and hopefully we may get to see that happen during the gamecubes days...If not that a revelutions/ds game where you can swap your gaming from system to system sort of thing would be cool...Also if they did this I want special thanks 'cause I thought of it...:-D

Posted by Sk2k52

No.. just no... wouldnt work.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Can you give a better reason than "No.. just no..."? It would help me understand why you don't think that this would be Nintendo's chance to make an rpg out of an already great and now online series.

Posted by inequity

BEcause Metroid is a SHOOTER. People were skeptical in having the series turned into a 3rd person shooter let alone An MMORPG which is just out of the question. They have other series which would be better suited in my opinion.

Has a shooter ever gone RPG in the past?

Posted by Klarth

Doom.

Posted by Sk2k52

Actually there has been shooter mmo's, planetside i think it was calledwas one.

Though hundreds of samus's fighitng/killing eachother would be... just bad.

Btw the game got boring fast and the few people that actually plays it are grouped up in their massive guilds.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Pok

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I meant in a way that let's you make youre own custom bouty hunter and play missions on Zebes and the other planets. Also it could use multiplayer as a way to solve the puzzles, beat bosses and get upgrades.

Posted by Zeta

No, just... no. Zelda and Pokemon are better suited to being MMORPGs.

Posted by GameMiestro

Even Zelda wouldn't cut it, because RPG interface would be completely unlike the series. It's the same thing with Metroid- it would be as boring as heck, we all know it.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Not if they tweak to hunters system for multiplayer...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

So, you take a series that's pretty much entirely about isolation and toss in an entire community?

I can understand a few extra bounty hunters and whatnot... but thousands of people on one planet when before it was usually just Samus and maybe one or two NPCs?

No, just no.

Posted by Ant

No...just no...

Posted by Zeta

I'm noticing a trend in the responses to this thread.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

If they took the system from hunters and tweaked so you could play as anything(hunters, bosses, and other movable objects) based on rank and skill, it may work. How about it going like your friend can play as one of the hunters based on a system that works like the friend code system and you could do missions as commissioned by the federation. What about it now?

Posted by GameMiestro

Do you think there should be a Halo MMORPG?

Exactly.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting GameMiestro: Do you think there should be a Halo MMORPG?

bol, I just had an awesome mental image of some guy riding a vehicle and splattering a ton of players.

Posted by muffla

i actually thought bungie was workin on a mmorpg for halo

Pretty sure that's how Halo started...

Posted by GameMiestro

It was a RTS at first, I think. I can't imagine them even working on a MMORPG...

Oh yeah, RTS. Same difference.

Posted by GameMiestro

Err... well, there kind of is a difference. Come to think of it, a Metroid RTS wouldn't be half bad. One race could be the Metroids, they'd have to evolve all of their units from scratch, but would be fairly cheap to build with. The feds could have bounty hunters and space soldiers... it would be pretty neat to do something other than lone-ranger missions in Metroid, for a change of pace.

Ugh, I know there's a difference. I'm saying "same difference" as in "lol that's what I meant!".

Posted by GameMiestro

Actually, by saying "same difference", it means that both subjects have the same difference between them- in this case, that they are both diffent types of games. This statement is theoretically correct, but grammatically unsound because "same difference" is an oxymoron. Therefore, it would benifit the community if we resisted the use of these linguistic inconsistencies.

Wow, shut the **** up. And if you really care to know what it means, here: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=same+difference

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Vampiro]Wow, shut the **** up.

Then it appears my mission was a success. :)

More like you failed, amirite? Unless you were trying to be an idiot. :o

Posted by GameMiestro

I was making a observation by expressing in literary terms what a irritating expression "same difference" is. It's the version of "same thing" spoken by 12 year olds. You appear to be irritated, which was close enough.

Quoted post: what a irritating expression "same difference" is

Words irritate you? I lol'd.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Vampiro]Words irritate you? I lol'd.

In the finale of the finale of the finale, when ignorance begets rashness, that is when the comeback comes-back and beats your pathetic comeback which I scoff at! I have fury!

:(

Anyways... don't you think a Metroid RTS would be neat? Even if it had nothing to do with the Metroid storyline, the enormous amount of "variants" in each race (space pirates, metroids, x parasites, ect) would make for a very interesting game.

Posted by Litbut

I asked my friends about a Metroid RPG, they said it wouldn't work. Metroid is more for a shooting/adventure game. Plus, the Screw Attack would be an overpowered move. Like the alt form of several Hunters in MPH.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE NECROING YEAR-DEAD THREADS?!

Posted by Blood-Katana

Quoting The X: WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE NECROING YEAR-DEAD THREADS?!

we must kill them.....
BRING THE CHAINSAWS!

Posted by sonic hedgehog

I think it's a good idea, but you would have to start a a private in either the Space pirates, or the federation, and as your kill count increased, you would rise in the ranks, and gain access to better weapons, and more missions, as well as new levels, like Zebes, SR388, and Tallon IV, as well as new planets created just for the game, unique chars. like Samus and Ridly would be npcs of course, but you would be able to fully customize your char. but I hope that it would be for both Wii and Gamecube