Panic! At the Disco

Posted by Yonaka

Does anyone listen to them? My friend is going to burn me a copy of one of their cd's. So far I've only listened to one song by them. 'I Write Sins not Tragedies' Is the best song ever!

Posted by Altinure

My friend used to play with them back when he was in high school. I just find them stereotypical 14 year old punk.

Posted by basterd

I'm sorry I don't like this band, they sound like my chemical romance with a bit heavyer sound and the music vid suck major *** I kept shooting my T.V with paintballs, it would be better if they smartened up

Posted by Klarth

More like Angst! On The Livejournal.

Posted by Altinure

The only song I've heard by them that I've liked has been "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage." It's a good dance punk song, but nothing that great.

Posted by Dog

i love to make fun of them.

Posted by nich

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Klarth again. :(

Posted by Yonaka

Yes, well. Other people like it I'm sure. Now to get my friend Theresa back on the site...

Posted by Alastor

I actually tried a few songs by them, and didn't like any. There's one song that plays on the radio pretty often that was kind of catchy, but other than that, not a band I'd ever listen to.

Posted by Yonaka

If Theresa gets back on the site, she'll have good things to say about them. And if I can get my other friend Jessica to register here then she'll back me up too. Well, anyway. I wonder why most of my threads die? Do you know? Cause I don't...

Posted by s0ul

It's hard to fathom someone not having caught on to the general taste of the music board. I find it hard to believe you didn't expect this.

And also, change your font color.

Posted by Moogs

I don't like this band...

Posted by Yonaka

What should I change it to? bad news guys; no matter what I say Theresa won't come back on the site. I told her about RPG Inferno, and that the arcade is back, and all manner of things but she won't come back. Someone tell me what to say to bring her back.

Posted by Alastor

In all honesty, I don't think one more person coming back to VGC just to claim they like a band is going to change anyone else's opinions.

Especially someone whose opinion probably wouldn't mean much, since I doubt anyone's ever heard of them.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Blaise: What should I change it to? bad news guys; no matter what I say Theresa won't come back on the site. I told her about RPG Inferno, and that the arcade is back, and all manner of things but she won't come back. Someone tell me what to say to bring her back.

I can't read your ****ing font. As such, your posts are null until they are legible.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I've heard one or two songs. Neither were terrible, but nor were they all that good.

Posted by Yonaka

How about now? Are my posts legible yet? Well anyway... I'll get all my friends on the site! They'll all agree with me! And I'm extremely popular at my school, believe it or not. Anyway... Yes, they'll agree, then you'll all be sorry, and agree with me too. Or not, and this post is just insane rambles. I'm going with insane rambles. How 'bout you?

Posted by Alastor

I'm going with "Insane girl who thinks she can change the opinions of other people by getting her friends to come and agree with her on an Internet message board."

I mean, call me crazy, but that seems pretty accurate.

Posted by Stalolin

I just listened to a little bit of one of their songs (I Write Sins, Not Tradegies) and I absolutely hated the vocals in it.

Hated them.

What genre is this supposed to be?

Posted by Alastor

Punk/Emo/Dance, I think.

Last.fm says "alternative, emo, favorites, indie, indie rock, oh so dancy, panic, panic at the disco, punk rock, rock". Those are user tags, of course.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Alastor]Punk/Emo/Dance, I think.

Last.fm says "alternative, emo, favorites, indie, indie rock, oh so dancy, panic, panic at the disco, punk rock, rock". Those are user tags, of course.

Hell if it's Indie.

And it doesn't sound like punk voice wise.

Posted by Alastor

Not really, no. I'd just classify it as Emo if it had to be one genre, but they've got some kind of dance/tencho sounding beats in what songs I've actually listened to by them.

Posted by Fate

I only like few songs from Panic! At The Disco, one of which being "Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off."

If you like that type of music, you should check out Hollywood Undead, Interpol, Cursive, Hellogoodbye, and Turbonegro. Fun stuff.
<3

Posted by Altinure

Quoting Stalolin: I just listened to a little bit of one of their songs (I Write Sins, Not Tradegies) and I absolutely hated the vocals in it.

Hated them.

What genre is this supposed to be?

They're in the genre of dance electronipunk.

Posted by Yonaka

I got the cd!!!! Woot! Finally my friend remembered to burn it for me! I've been listening to it constantly, I'm listening to it right now actually. I'm listening to the song, 'But It's Better if You Do'. I like it. I'm gonna find more, maybe get their other cd. And like all of the others that ever come out! I was talking about it with my friend Kyla who has never heard of them before Theresa and me. And then this girl in my class is like, "Shut up, I liked them first." It was kinda funny. My posts should be legible now... I'm happy!

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Klarth: More like Angst! On The Livejournal.

quoted for truth

Posted by Fate

You should check out The Bravery.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Fate: You should check out The Bravery.

**** no. all these bands sound the same and suck.

Posted by Hyper

panic! at the disco = fallout boy with a different lineup.

Posted by Fate

Quoting MetalVox~55: **** no. all these bands sound the same and suck.

I think they sound pretty neat.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Fate: If you like that type of music, you should check out Hollywood Undead, Interpol, Cursive, Hellogoodbye, and Turbonegro. Fun stuff. <3

Interpol sound nothing like PATD.

:mad:

There is a standard enjoyability deviation of like 534353.34!

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Fate: I think they sound pretty neat.

yeah, and we all know how developed your musical tastes are.

Posted by Fate

Because every song has to have a sweet guitar riff to be good! :cookie:

I know Interpol sounds nothing like Panic!, but it was just a suggestion.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting MetalVox~55: yeah, and we all know how developed your musical tastes are.

I don't like the bands either but you don't have to be such an elitist ALL THE TIME. Music is subjective, ya know.

Posted by Yonaka

Well, I've seen mixed opinions, somewhat... Mostly it's "I hate them" but still, I like them. I think they're kinda funny.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Hyper: I don't like the bands either but you don't have to be such an elitist ALL THE TIME. Music is subjective, ya know.

No ****, but some of the stuff out there just sounds *** awful. This genre falls into that.

Posted by Ant

Quoting MetalVox~55: **** no. all these bands sound the same and suck.

Agree'd

I just listened to that one song, "I write sins not tragedies", and it started out good, but then it fell right into the typical emo sound.

Posted by Yonaka

I love that song. But right now I have the song 'The Only Difference Between Martydom and Suicide is Press Coverage" I went around school saying some of their song titles, just to annoy my friend. It was quite funny.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting MetalVox~55: No ****, but some of the stuff out there just sounds *** awful. This genre falls into that.

Lots of bands in the genre do, but there are standouts from every - yes, every - genre that don't sound like the rest and can release good material.

Quoted post: Well, I've seen mixed opinions, somewhat... Mostly it's "I hate them" but still, I like them. I think they're kinda funny.

You'll see mixed opinions with every band. Especially if they're "emo". Most people don't give a **** what they sound like, instead, jumping on the bandwagon of hating them because they play a certain type of music.

That's just the way things are.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Hyper: Lots of bands in the genre do, but there are standouts from every - yes, every - genre that don't sound like the rest and can release good material.

I know this, but point me to one band in the genre that has released some good stuff. Everything that i've heard has sounded just like everyone else. The guitar work sounds the same, the rhythms are uninventive, the vocal range of the singer and the pitch of the singer's voice are always that nasally, whiny, little-boy-whose-mom-told-him-he-can't-have-that-new-toy-temper-tantrum-esque sound that just sounds like they found someone in tight girls pants and asked them to sing for them even though the singer is probably nervous as **** when they sing (and it shows).

Yeah, i'm ragging on this genre a lot, but matt, c'mon man. You can't expect me to like this kinda stuff. I mean, yeah, I agree with you that every genre has their stand-outs and every genre has the potential to smack me upside the head and make me go "Woah ****, what the **** was that?! That was awesome!" But so far, the whole genre has nothing to offer me that i'd want to take in, because I don't find any of it enjoyable.

If anything, it's annoying at best.

Posted by Fate

But you don't have to get upset with me if I like something you don't. :(

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Fate: But you don't have to get upset with me if I like something you don't. :(

I wasn't upset with you, sillie :p

Posted by Fate

Sure seemed like it. I just like to listen to what sounds good to me. Ever since I've been playing Guitar Hero, I've been listening to some songs that have repetitive sounds and I no longer like them. But some artists are so catchy that I don't care about the instruments, but the song as a whole. :(

Posted by Hyper

Quoting MetalVox~55: I know this, but point me to one band in the genre that has released some good stuff. Everything that i've heard has sounded just like everyone else. The guitar work sounds the same, the rhythms are uninventive, the vocal range of the singer and the pitch of the singer's voice are always that nasally, whiny, little-boy-whose-mom-told-him-he-can't-have-that-new-toy-temper-tantrum-esque sound that just sounds like they found someone in tight girls pants and asked them to sing for them even though the singer is probably nervous as **** when they sing (and it shows).

Yeah, i'm ragging on this genre a lot, but matt, c'mon man. You can't expect me to like this kinda stuff. I mean, yeah, I agree with you that every genre has their stand-outs and every genre has the potential to smack me upside the head and make me go "Woah ****, what the **** was that?! That was awesome!" But so far, the whole genre has nothing to offer me that i'd want to take in, because I don't find any of it enjoyable.

If anything, it's annoying at best.

That's what I was looking for. Elaboration. You can't just come in and say "**** no that sucks," it's stupid. I know you don't like any of it, but that isn't the point. You don't have to be a cock just because you don't like the music. Fate was just giving suggestions based on what she knew to someone who did like the music. Is that a crime?

Posted by Yonaka

Yes. No, I don't know! I'm so upset. The person I annoy with song titles will be gone until Monday. *Sob* Oh well, I could always annoy you people...

Posted by Colonel

This ban is anus.

Posted by redfieldteam

I like them.. they added a techno kind of sound to emo

Posted by Yonaka

Finaly! Someone who agrees wholeheartedly! Thank you! You're my new best friend. Wlecome. I see that you're quite new. Have fun posting, and agreeing with me in this thread.

Posted by Jon of iPwn

The band and recent album is very good. I bought it along with 'The Academy Is- Almost Here' both bands on the same label, and both very good.

I love the song titles, they are quite strange but really it shows they are more artistic than just naming the songs what you could obviously name them from the choruses and such.

My favorite song is the one like "Am I gonna die? Well son we all die one day but yours is coming quicker than ours"

It's very catchy and emotional.

Quoted post: I love the song titles, they are quite strange but really it shows they are more artistic than just naming the songs what you could obviously name them from the choruses and such.

My favorite song is the one like "Am I gonna die? Well son we all die one day but yours is coming quicker than ours"

That's far worse than naming it after your chorus. It's a title, not a paragraph.

Posted by Altinure

Quoting redfieldteam: I like them.. they added a techno kind of sound to emo

They are so not emo.